Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    6 months sober today! :smiley:
    :clap:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Bravo, Ernie!  Here's to tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after... :)
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221
    hedonist said:
    Bravo, Ernie!  Here's to tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after... :)
    :smiley:
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Yes! Congrats, Ernie.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    next 6 months are the hardest. hehehe
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    next 6 months are the hardest. hehehe
    I heard. 
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Congrats! 11 years? Impressive! 

Congrats as well!  Keep it going!
    edited August 2017

excited for you. keep at it. amazing things will come to pass.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

I second this.
    Hobbes said:
    mickeyrat said:

I second this.
    Thank you all. I'm keeping on. 
    new to me pick up truck coming home with me in a few

^^^^ Struck me after that post, 11 yrs and 11 months ago to the day, I was made on the street homeless. I spent that first night sleeping on a ventilation grate behind the Columbia Gas building in downtown Columbus.

Some 11 months later , I was reporting to work at my first job sober making 8.50 hr.

I am doing significantly better than that now, in a profession I seem suited to.

it's good to look back to see how far you've come.

Cheers, mickey.

Spiral out, keep going :)
    hedonist said:
    Cheers, mickey.

Spiral out, keep going :)
    funny you say that specific line. that album and song are a  reflection of recovery for me. I can go song by song and identify and equate to something in reality. Its meditative to me.

sobriety has brought me patience,

to wait for the new tool record.......

And you mention reflection.  It is a beautiful album and like you, though for different reasons, the songs hold wisdom and lessons for me from that time to now.

Yes to new Tool!
    7 months sober! 
    7 months sober! 

good stuff right there.

Is there any PJ songs on recovery? 

Inside Job for one.

mickeyrat said:

Inside Job for one.
    I was thinking "Life Wasted"
    mickeyrat said:

Inside Job for one.
    Maybe Save You as well?

Keep hanging in there :)
    edited August 2017
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:

Inside Job for one.
    Maybe Save You as well?

Keep hanging in there :)

yes life wasted speaks to it.

save you is more to the alanon side to my mind.

sleight of hand represents active addiction and the isolation and false front ( "his clip on world")

elderly woman speaks to the internal dialogue/meeting between the addict and the sober self.

thats how I hear these songs anyway.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Down 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Down 

:plus_one:
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited September 2017
    Congratulations on your anniversary (in July) Hobbes!! I'm sure Calvin is very proud of you.

And a happy 7 months to you Ernie - I remember how each of those first months felt - it's an amazing journey...enjoy it. Very proud of you!

Present Tense is the first song I think of for sobriety PJ songs. "You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets OR you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself OH makes much more sense, to live, in the present tense" (Down is the epitome of awesomeness - the melody is just so damn contagious).

Hedonist, whispering hands, mickeyrat - thank you for your comments - I just write how I am feeling and if one person gets something from it that is worth it. I am an open book,  I have been through way too much to give a shit about someone passing judgement on me. And I let it out on paper, in texts to my son that i never send, in my status, here....I love you too chick - we originally bonded over being fucked up - lol. Complex PTSD - only the best for us. And hedonist - you always say such nice things. Mickeyrat, i love the phrase you used - I wrote that in my journal.

I am so sorry for the loss of your brother in law, HFD. That sucks, plain and simple. My brother died at 40, alone in a hotel room, he was supposed to catch a plane home the next day - he was in FL and I'm in NJ - the cops came to the house and told me - then I told my sister (whose since passed) and then we told my mom which was the shittiest thing i have ever had to do. 

He never married and had no kids so there is no one here to carry on the good that got sopped up in all that damn alcohol. Though painful, having your nephew will make you remember the days when you and he were close. In time. My brother had been trying since his teens to get sober. I don't know why some get sober and some don't......

Happy September everyone! I will be here a little more cause it's football season and I'm a degenerate (gambling league). New Jersey Giants are going to the Super Bowl this year! I can't hear you, nope, unless you just said Go Big Blue.

What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding? 
    Post edited by njnancy on
    Is it weird that my PJ stickman tattoo is praising my Higher Power? The Chinese symbol means God. 
    former member , i shit and i stink, celebrated 8 years today

mickeyrat said:
    former member , i shit and i stink, celebrated 8 years today
    Congrats