Hillary Clinton: What happened

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    brianlux said:
    Seriously friends, wouldn't you agree that we could do better than Trump, Clinton, Sanders and Stein?  Couldn't we?  Good gawd I hope so.
    We better be able to and we better do it soon.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Kat said:
    I hope it's a good read; I'm looking forward to reading it. She's had time to analyze the events. :) She would have made a very good president, much better than what we have now....a president who divides us worse than we are. 

I won't read it, mostly because I don;t waste my time with sleaze....and football season is starting!  I disagree that she would have been a good president but, she wouldn't have been as bad as the one we got!  Clinton wasn't exactly a uniter...hell, she even found a way to divide her own party and lose to Trump.

hippiemom = goodness
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:
    brianlux said:
    ^^^ I agree with everything Jimmy said.

The last presidential election was a mess.  We had no one who truly inspired with leadership potential and because of that added up  enough protest votes such that we ended up electing a clown.  And if you are not a strong enough candidate to beat a clown in an election, you are probably not going to make a good (let alone a great) president.

Please, America, give us better choices in 2020!
    anyone ever stop to ask, of all the talk of Trump running pres since he became a household name, why he chose this particular election to run? at age 72 or however old he is. just dumb luck I guess, maybe it's all about his tv network aspirations, or simply Putin told him to do so.
    Putin had such a miserable relationship with Clinton and Co(uranium1)(toni podesta)
    He ran in the past and the idiot has been a household name for years. Bullies are opportunists, and 2016 provided a good opportunity since the Republicans were rudderless and had no platform.  
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Hillary+billionaires&oq=Hillary+billionaires
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    brianlux said:
    ^^^ I agree with everything Jimmy said.

The last presidential election was a mess.  We had no one who truly inspired with leadership potential and because of that added up  enough protest votes such that we ended up electing a clown.  And if you are not a strong enough candidate to beat a clown in an election, you are probably not going to make a good (let alone a great) president.

Please, America, give us better choices in 2020!
    Sadly, we will have to choose between the lesser of evils again, I just hope people recognise that Trump needs to be defeated at whatever cost.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    It baffles me that anyone voted for Hillary or Donald. Two awful candidates. Just bad character all the way around. 2012 was a battle of two great men. 2016 was a battle of 2 of the worst people possible. Donald trump won because he campaigned. He showed more interest. All my folks up in Alaska voted for him because he actually mentioned them. Hillary seemed disinterested. One clown won over the other. 
    riley540 said:
    It baffles me that anyone voted for Hillary or Donald. Two awful candidates. Just bad character all the way around. 2012 was a battle of two great men.
    Pacquiao v Marquez?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    riley540 said:
    It baffles me that anyone voted for Hillary or Donald. Two awful candidates. Just bad character all the way around. 2012 was a battle of two great men. 2016 was a battle of 2 of the worst people possible. Donald trump won because he campaigned. He showed more interest. All my folks up in Alaska voted for him because he actually mentioned them. Hillary seemed disinterested. One clown won over the other. 
    2 horrible candidates, agreed. But after 7 months of this, I can't believe rational people still think this way.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    riley540 said:
    My vote still would've gone to the inanimate carbon rod.

Jokes aside, it baffles me that even a moderately-educated nation could not understand the tremendous risk associated with Trump which far surpasses the risk associated with Clinton. I don't care what the upside potential is: in business this would be a CLM, but Trump's win - earned by the people - is an NLM.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The further we get from the election and the crazier Trump shows himself to be, the easier it is to forget how inevitable so many of us deep down believed Hillary to be. Everyone needs to own their vote - everyone - but not voting for a Democratic candidate you didn't like or trust was easier when you thought the election was already decided.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    The further we get from the election and the crazier Trump shows himself to be, the easier it is to forget how inevitable so many of us deep down believed Hillary to be. Everyone needs to own their vote - everyone - but not voting for a Democratic candidate you didn't like or trust was easier when you thought the election was already decided.
    very good point. I always wonder who feels worse the remorseful trump voter or the Democrat that stayed home?
    JC29856 said:
    JimmyV said:
    very good point. I always wonder who feels worse the remorseful trump voter or the Democrat that stayed home?
    The Trump voter should feel at least twice as responsible for Trump's victory as non/third-party voters, as they had twice the impact as non/third-party voters (could've decreased Trump's vote count by one and also could've increased Clinton's vote count by one). 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    JC29856 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The Trump voter should feel at least twice as responsible for Trump's victory as non/third-party voters, as they had twice the impact as non/third-party voters (could've decreased Trump's vote count by one and also could've increased Clinton's vote count by one). 
    and the responsibility felt by the Democrat that stayed home versus non/third party voter?
    I'll deduce from there
  • benjs said:
    JC29856 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The Trump voter 'should' feel like a complete moron. Let's get serious about this.

I've done some damn stupid things in my life as well. But, upon recognizing my stupidity... I said, "Holy shit. What a freaking idiot I am." Then I took the steps to repair my stupidity. People defending Trump after voting for him have not gone through the process of identifying their mistake and atoning for their error. They are still in the stupid phase.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    benjs said:
    JC29856 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The Trump voter 'should' feel like a complete moron. Let's get serious about this.

I've done some damn stupid things in my life as well. But, upon recognizing my stupidity... I said, "Holy shit. What a freaking idiot I am." Then I took the steps to repair my stupidity. People defending Trump after voting for him have not gone through the process of identifying their mistake and atoning for their error. They are still in the stupid phase.
    And are likely to stay in the stupid phase. That's his base.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    benjs said:
    JC29856 said:
    JimmyV said:

more deductions.. atoning? the DNC and Hilliary cheating voters?
    cheating:
    marriages no
    sports no
    gambling, lotteries raffles no
    Federal elections YES

JC29856 said:
    benjs said:
    JC29856 said:
    JimmyV said:
    and the responsibility felt by the Democrat that stayed home versus non/third party voter?
    I'll deduce from there
    I'm not sure what you're saying, as you shouldn't need to deduce whatsoever. There were four types of vote-eligible citizens at the time of the election:
    1. Trump voters (ones who voted for Trump)
    2. Clinton voters (ones who voted for Clinton)
    3. Third-party voters (ones who voted for third-party candidates)
    4. Non-voters (ones who did not vote)

As I said,
    1. Trump voters increased Trump's count by one, could have increased Clinton's count by one. They could have lessened the Clinton-Trump gap by two votes by deciding to vote Clinton.
    2. Clinton voters did everything they could in a vote in a duopoly to prevent Trump.
    3. Third-party voters increased third-party votes by one (which amounted to a negligible sum compared to R/D), could have increased Clinton's count by one. They could have lessened the Clinton-Trump gap by one vote by deciding to vote Clinton.
    4. Non-voters could have increased Clinton's count by one. They could have lessened the Clinton-Trump gap by one vote by deciding to vote Clinton.

This is not complicated. Save for America unanimously deciding to break Party ties and vote their collective consciences, Trump's only viable competitor was Clinton. Therefore, a vote for someone other than Trump or Clinton cost Clinton one potential gap-lessening vote, and a vote for Trump cost Clinton two potential gap-lessening votes. 

EV
    benjs said:
    JC29856 said:
    benjs said:
    JC29856 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I'll deduce from there
    I'm not sure what you're saying, as you shouldn't need to deduce whatsoever. There were four types of vote-eligible citizens at the time of the election:
    1. Trump voters (ones who voted for Trump)
    2. Clinton voters (ones who voted for Clinton)
    3. Third-party voters (ones who voted for third-party candidates)
    4. Non-voters (ones who did not vote)

As I said,
    1. Trump voters increased Trump's count by one, could have increased Clinton's count by one. They could have lessened the Clinton-Trump gap by two votes by deciding to vote Clinton.
    2. Clinton voters did everything they could in a vote in a duopoly to prevent Trump.
    3. Third-party voters increased third-party votes by one (which amounted to a negligible sum compared to R/D), could have increased Clinton's count by one. They could have lessened the Clinton-Trump gap by one vote by deciding to vote Clinton.
    4. Non-voters could have increased Clinton's count by one. They could have lessened the Clinton-Trump gap by one vote by deciding to vote Clinton.

This is not complicated. Save for America unanimously deciding to break Party ties and vote their collective consciences, Trump's only viable competitor was Clinton. Therefore, a vote for someone other than Trump or Clinton cost Clinton one potential gap-lessening vote, and a vote for Trump cost Clinton two potential gap-lessening votes. 
    I don't like having to do this but the question or wonder was about the trump voter vs the Democrat that stayed home. your answer trump voter vs non/third party voter.

Whatabout the estimated 12,000,000 registered democrats that voted trump!
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    It's a shame, America wasn't ready and the heads that run the country in the background were not ready either.  I feel she would definitely be better than Trump.  A lot of the country is angry, offended, confused, ashamed and who knows what else every time he speaks.  I don't think you would have such division, but no one knows as she was not elected.  

Here's hoping things will mend...
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
    interesting read
    http://ijr.com/the-response/2017/08/958100-smoking-gun-bernie-sanderss-fault-trump-got-elected/

But still, didn't Sanders do everything he could to get his supporters not to vote for Trump? Some of those third-party votes and sit-outs may be on him, but why would a Sanders voter ever think it was OK to vote for Trump? 

democrats: it's always someone else's fault. Sanders should have done more to help Hilliary get elected! 

Bernie backers probably didn't like being cheated and lied to. if they voted trump to teach democrats a lesson, it was for naught. democrats refuse to be honest with themselves.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    benjs said:
    JC29856 said:
    then this...

The 2016 presidential campaign of Hillary Rodham Clinton was announced in a YouTube video, on April 12, 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_presidential_campaign,_2016

I honestly don't know what your point is. Is there a single person who belongs to (or even knows about the existence of) the DNC that don't know that from the get-go, Clinton was preferred by party officials? This isn't news - it's been assumed and/or known for at least two years.
    Some are okay with being cheated, some are not.
    Maybe you haven"t read Section 4 of the DNC by-laws?
    https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2989759-Impartiality-Clause-DNC-Charter-Bylaws-Art-5-Sec-4.html

Because cheating has never happened before in politics? Ever? You know whats never happened? A presidential campaign for POTUS colluding with a hostile foreign power to influence an election outcome. That's what has never happened before until Trump came along.
    typical centrist math 1wrong + 1wrong = right
    What was wrong? That she cheated? Or that the party machination chose a democrat over a socialist? Typical Bernie Bro feeling the Bern. And hey, trump's an idiot but lets justify his presidency.
    are you asking for my quote posts about Bernie? it didn't work out well for the last guy that asked for non-whiteness quote posts....
    say the word, I'm at 62% battery and the search is properly functioning
    Phil Collins drum kits are getting in the way of feeling it in the air tonight, oh lord.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    http://www.metro.us/things-to-do/hillary-clinton-book-tour-schedule-2017

Here is the full book tour schedule for Hillary Clinton:

Sept. 18
    Washington, D.C.
    Warner Theatre/DC with Politics & Prose

Sept. 28
    Toronto, Canada
    Enercare Center

Oct. 3
    Broward, FL
    Broward Center for the Performing Arts

Oct. 9
    Davis, CA
    Jackson Hall

Oct. 23
    Montreal, Canada
    Palais des congrès de Montréal

Oct. 24
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Hill Auditorium
    Presale available

Oct. 30
    Chicago, IL
    Auditorium Theatre
    Presale available

Nov. 1
    New York, NY
    The Temple Emanu-El Streicker Center

Nov. 9
    Milwaukee, WI
    Riverside Theater
    Presale available

Nov. 13
    Atlanta, GA
    Fox Theatre
    Presale available

Nov. 28
    Boston, MA
    Boston Opera House
    Presale available

Nov. 30
    Philadelphia, PA
    Kimmel Center Academy of Music
    Presale available

Dec. 11
    Seattle, WA
    Paramount Theatre
    Presale available

Dec. 12
    Portland, OR
    Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
    Presale available

Dec. 13
    Vancouver, CA
    Vancouver Convention Center

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm still scratching my head at Mitt Romney being called a "great man". 
    :confounded:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2017
    brianlux said:
    Seriously friends, wouldn't you agree that we could do better than Trump, Clinton, Sanders and Stein?  Couldn't we?  Good gawd I hope so.
    Not better than Sanders. Why don't you like Sanders? I don't see why anyone who leans left would want "better" than him or think there is better out there .... Bernie's problem is not his problem - a completely fucked up election/government system that doesn't serve the nation well at all is.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I'll take it as a good sign that neither New Hampshire nor Iowa is on this list.

Seriously, this is an interesting topic but can be summed up very quickly:

How to lose to the 2nd most beatable person to ever run for president? 

Be the most beatable person to ever run for president.

I'm sure she will find many outside factors, etc that contributed.  But the bottom line is people....in her own party...don't like her very much.  They don't trust her very much.  Now ... the Donald is certainly less likeable and has proven to be less trustworthy of course to the average US Citizen.  The problem is the average US citizen doesn't vote anymore.  Mostly the fringe of each party and Hillary failed to excite the Dems fringe.  So they stayed home while the Donald excited a lot of the fringe of the Republicans.  I can't believe there needs to be a book about it.  Of course unless the book is merely a cash grab and something to for Hills to shower the blame on other than herself in order to protect her bigly ego. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Seriously, this is an interesting topic but can be summed up very quickly:

How to lose to the 2nd most beatable person to ever run for president? 

Be the most beatable person to ever run for president.

I'm sure she will find many outside factors, etc that contributed.  But the bottom line is people....in her own party...don't like her very much.  They don't trust her very much.  Now ... the Donald is certainly less likeable and has proven to be less trustworthy of course to the average US Citizen.  The problem is the average US citizen doesn't vote anymore.  Mostly the fringe of each party and Hillary failed to excite the Dems fringe.  So they stayed home while the Donald excited a lot of the fringe of the Republicans.  I can't believe there needs to be a book about it.  Of course unless the book is merely a cash grab and something to for Hills to shower the blame on other than herself in order to protect her bigly ego. 
    If there's an average American non voter, they tend to be more poor than those who vote. Whether you're "fringe" or not isn't a factor. 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    JimmyV said:
    I'll take it as a good sign that neither New Hampshire nor Iowa is on this list.
    trump informed her that New Hampshire's a drug den shithole. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    let's take HC out of this for a minute. yes, she was a terrible candidate. but, does anyone else not think these were major factors as well:

-Obama, first black president. people want a white male back in
    -democrats hold the WH for two consecutive terms. is it not normal for the pendulum to swing back to the red party just because, no matter who the candidate is?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

let's take HC out of this for a minute. yes, she was a terrible candidate. but, does anyone else not think these were major factors as well:

-democrats hold the WH for two consecutive terms. is it not normal for the pendulum to swing back to the red party just because, no matter who the candidate is?

The second point, yes. Two terms of Reagan followed by one term of George H.W. Bush is the only time in my lifetime one party has controlled the White House three straight terms.

The first point though I think is a reach. I have a hard time believing many people who voted for Obama twice decided that now they wanted a white male named Donald Trump. Maybe, but I don't see it. Many just didn't want Hillary and many more believed she was inevitable.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JimmyV said:

The second point, yes. Two terms of Reagan followed by one term of George H.W. Bush is the only time in my lifetime one party has controlled the White House three straight terms.

The first point though I think is a reach. I have a hard time believing many people who voted for Obama twice decided that now they wanted a white male named Donald Trump. Maybe, but I don't see it. Many just didn't want Hillary and many more believed she was inevitable.
    when I say "they" wanted a white man back in, I wasn't referring to your average voter. More the racist/misogynist fucks that came out in droves to vote Trump in. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD