Syria and the US's Motive

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

interesting. I had not heard of the white helmets until yesterday, when i was watching CNN. Brooke Baldwin was doing a piece on the broken ceasefire in Syria, and then transitions to a trailer for the film on the white helmets. it seemed like she was almost doing an advertisement for the film.

think critically, be objective and come to your own conclusions ...
    and most of all stay anti-American
    feel free to post thoughtful points or facts to go against anything I've written ... or continue to troll ... all cool with me ... i can ignore people like yourself easily ...
    I would be happy too. I read your 21st century link and correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding you are currently blaming the US and NATO for the destruction in Syria. Combine this with your past statements and it seems that you have a pro-Assad view of things. Am I wrong? Other then a general adherence to the belief that Western actions are the root of all evil I am not exactly sure what type of Syria policy you are advocating for? Or just ignore me... all cool with me...
    NATO? ... where is NATO? ... but ya ... this is a US, Saudi and Israeli led overthrow of a sovereign country ... i may not necessarily agree with Assad's policies but I believe that sovereign countries have a right to self-determination and that arming and funding mercenaries in foreign lands is wrong ... especially wrong when it results in the killing and displacement of many people ...

I don't, in general, support western intervention in matters such as this because it has been proven that the primary purpose is for economic imperialistic reasons ... this is not tinfoil stuff ... this is documented history and fact ... just read the history of US involvement in cuba, iran, honduras, vietnam, chile, etc ...
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

interesting. I had not heard of the white helmets until yesterday, when i was watching CNN. Brooke Baldwin was doing a piece on the broken ceasefire in Syria, and then transitions to a trailer for the film on the white helmets. it seemed like she was almost doing an advertisement for the film.

feel free to post thoughtful points or facts to go against anything I've written ... or continue to troll ... all cool with me ... i can ignore people like yourself easily ...
    I would be happy too. I read your 21st century link and correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding you are currently blaming the US and NATO for the destruction in Syria. Combine this with your past statements and it seems that you have a pro-Assad view of things. Am I wrong? Other then a general adherence to the belief that Western actions are the root of all evil I am not exactly sure what type of Syria policy you are advocating for? Or just ignore me... all cool with me...
    NATO? ... where is NATO? ... but ya ... this is a US, Saudi and Israeli led overthrow of a sovereign country ... i may not necessarily agree with Assad's policies but I believe that sovereign countries have a right to self-determination and that arming and funding mercenaries in foreign lands is wrong ... especially wrong when it results in the killing and displacement of many people ...

I don't, in general, support western intervention in matters such as this because it has been proven that the primary purpose is for economic imperialistic reasons ... this is not tinfoil stuff ... this is documented history and fact ... just read the history of US involvement in cuba, iran, honduras, vietnam, chile, etc ...
    Where's NATO? Uhhh...that is from the 21st Century Wire article that you linked on the White Helmets. It is right there in the second paragraph: "multi-million dollar US & NATO state-funded first repsonder ‘NGO,’ with state of the art equipment supplied by the US and the EU via Turkey". Maybe you should read your own article before asking the rest of us too. Either way thanks for confirming my understanding of your general views on Syria...let the genocide continue.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Obama admin $1billion arms and training to al qaeda rebel groups
    Fake news alert: cbs 60 minutes segment on white helmets!
  • BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

"the US policy on Syria, regime change, is not wrong in its details, it is wrong in its fundamentals ... it is wrong root and branch ... it violates the UN charter ... it violates International law ... the US is bombing parts of Syria without the consent of legitimate gov't ... the sanctions violate International law"

i find it utterly sad that so many clinton supporters continue to ignore the massive elephant in the room ... the US has been at war every day of Obama's administration ... the US continues to enact a foreign policy that serves big multi national interests while all the while BREEDING terrorism all around the world ... the US is the father of terrorism ... so, while everyone fights about the honour of a song or a flag ... know that the truth shows there is no honour in either of them ... only suffering and greed ...

The US is not the father of terrorism. Not under this President or any other. The truth shows that.
    Engine that drives terrorism, unquestionably
    No. Sorry. American and/or western foreign policy does not drive today's terrorism. No. Radical Islamic ideology drives terrorism. The ideology existed before the United States of America was ever a country. The difference now is that the ideology has global reach and 21st century technology at it's disposal. You are terribly wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong. Unquestionably terribly wrong.
    Money is what drove the problem in syria.

"the United States is not doing the right thing in Syria. Arming, training and funding Islamic extremists — that have killed half a million people, displaced 7 million more and turned the country into an uninhabitable wastelands –is not the right thing. It is the wrong thing, the immoral thing. And the US is involved in this conflict for all the wrong reasons, the foremost of which is gas. The US wants to install a puppet regime in Damascus so it can secure pipeline corridors in the East, oversee the transport of vital energy reserves from Qatar to the EU, and make sure that those reserves continue to be denominated in US Dollars that are recycled into US Treasuries and US financial assets. This is the basic recipe for maintaining US dominance in the Middle East and for extending America’s imperial grip on global power into the future."

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/09/15/assads-death-warrant/
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

"the US policy on Syria, regime change, is not wrong in its details, it is wrong in its fundamentals ... it is wrong root and branch ... it violates the UN charter ... it violates International law ... the US is bombing parts of Syria without the consent of legitimate gov't ... the sanctions violate International law"

i find it utterly sad that so many clinton supporters continue to ignore the massive elephant in the room ... the US has been at war every day of Obama's administration ... the US continues to enact a foreign policy that serves big multi national interests while all the while BREEDING terrorism all around the world ... the US is the father of terrorism ... so, while everyone fights about the honour of a song or a flag ... know that the truth shows there is no honour in either of them ... only suffering and greed ...

The US is not the father of terrorism. Not under this President or any other. The truth shows that.
    Engine that drives terrorism, unquestionably
    No. Sorry. American and/or western foreign policy does not drive today's terrorism. No. Radical Islamic ideology drives terrorism. The ideology existed before the United States of America was ever a country. The difference now is that the ideology has global reach and 21st century technology at it's disposal. You are terribly wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong. Unquestionably terribly wrong.
    Money is what drove the problem in syria.

"the United States is not doing the right thing in Syria. Arming, training and funding Islamic extremists — that have killed half a million people, displaced 7 million more and turned the country into an uninhabitable wastelands –is not the right thing. It is the wrong thing, the immoral thing. And the US is involved in this conflict for all the wrong reasons, the foremost of which is gas. The US wants to install a puppet regime in Damascus so it can secure pipeline corridors in the East, oversee the transport of vital energy reserves from Qatar to the EU, and make sure that those reserves continue to be denominated in US Dollars that are recycled into US Treasuries and US financial assets. This is the basic recipe for maintaining US dominance in the Middle East and for extending America’s imperial grip on global power into the future."

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/09/15/assads-death-warrant/
    i think when people dig deep on syria - they will see the truth because everything has to reconcile ... the scary part in this whole thing is the complicity of the mainstream media in perpetuating these narratives ... it's not surprising when you think of it ... the underlying hatred of muslims in the US was fostered by the mainstream media ... the demonization of any leftitst populist leader ...

http://www.alternet.org/world/inside-shadowy-pr-firm-thats-driving-western-opinion-towards-regime-change-syria
    BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

Where's NATO? Uhhh...that is from the 21st Century Wire article that you linked on the White Helmets. It is right there in the second paragraph: "multi-million dollar US & NATO state-funded first repsonder ‘NGO,’ with state of the art equipment supplied by the US and the EU via Turkey". Maybe you should read your own article before asking the rest of us too. Either way thanks for confirming my understanding of your general views on Syria...let the genocide continue.
    my point with my "where's nato" is this is a US-led mission ... NATO is a joke ... i suppose I should have figured you would take it like that and ignore everything else ... notice that you don't actually respond to any facts or discussion points ... you want an out of this issue - go for it ... but, don't try and pretend like you either care for the syrian people or know anything about what is going on there ... because you have essentially shown that you don't ...
    edited December 2016
    polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

my point with my "where's nato" is this is a US-led mission ... NATO is a joke ... i suppose I should have figured you would take it like that and ignore everything else ... notice that you don't actually respond to any facts or discussion points ... you want an out of this issue - go for it ... but, don't try and pretend like you either care for the syrian people or know anything about what is going on there ... because you have essentially shown that you don't ...
    You haven't made any discussion points other then accusing the Obama administration's Syria policy of being one based on "economic imperialistic" motives. You claim to support Syrian "self-determination" yet brush off Assad's gassing of dissent with an "I don't support all his policies". Accuse me of not caring for Syrians if you like but it is your preferred policy that ends in genocide.
  • U.S. President-elect Donald Trump condemned what he called an attack, linking it to "Islamist terrorists" before German police officials had said who was responsible.
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/truck-plows-into-crowd-at-berlin-christmas-market-nine-dead/ar-AAlKR6p?ocid=spartanntp

Interesting.
  • BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

You haven't made any discussion points other then accusing the Obama administration's Syria policy of being one based on "economic imperialistic" motives. You claim to support Syrian "self-determination" yet brush off Assad's gassing of dissent with an "I don't support all his policies". Accuse me of not caring for Syrians if you like but it is your preferred policy that ends in genocide.
    So assad is to blame for the war in syria? That's what you're suggesting?

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

Indirectly. Dictators who fail to modernize are eventually confronted with civil unrest. In Syria this unrest came from different segements of society, some healthy and some not, but the Assad response to it brought the destruction we are witnessing today.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

Indirectly. Dictators who fail to modernize are eventually confronted with civil unrest. In Syria this unrest came from different segements of society, some healthy and some not, but the Assad response to it brought the destruction we are witnessing today.
    But it has nothing to do with the oil pipeline that assad won't run through syria?

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

But it has nothing to do with the oil pipeline that assad won't run through syria?
    Not nothing.
    BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

you gotta be kidding me ... there are videos posted detailing items such as the true nature and funding of the white helmets ... of so called relief agencies that the mainstream media are relying on for their information to be fronts ... of false reporting on hospital bombings ... you haven't discussed anything ... except false accusations of gas attacks ...
    edited December 2016
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

Not nothing.
    you actually got any facts you want to present? ... like, drownedout responded to your gassing accusations with some links ... ignored it I see ... not surprising ...
    Post edited by polaris_x on
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited December 2016
    BS44325 said:

Fail to modernize? By modernize, you mean fall in line with neo-lib IMF austerity and privatization.....right?
    By 'civil unrest...different segments of society', you mean largely foreign fighters trained, armed, and funded by those wanting Syria to fall in line...right?
    So easy to see through this...you want your Israeli buffer zone in the Golan to be written in stone, and any traditional opponent of Israel weakened or destroyed. You want Russia cut out of Europe's energy supply to reinforce western hegemony. Even if it means supporting the same cause as al Qaeda and other extremist groups against one of the only secular countries in the Middle East.

Post edited by Drowned Out on
    edited December 2016
    Jason P said:
    Ok man. Shout 'conspiracy' and hope it discredits the info in the articles. Like, not just 'conspiracy', but BIG TIME conspiracy. I know how it works.
    I could have found other sources for the info I posted but didn't want to bother because I knew people would attack the source regardless. Two of the four articles I posted were not even written for GR.
    GR is an anti-imperialist news consortium. They run articles from a multitude of investigative journalists and experts, from many many outlets in many countries. Sy Hersch, John pilger, Chris Hedges, Chomsky, Robert Fisk, etc articles regularly appear on that site. These are not random conspiracy bloggers. Almost always in-depth reporting. They also commission their own pieces. So no, it's not just some conspiracy org.
    First article is written by 'Investigative reporter Robert Parry broke many of the Iran-Contra stories for The Associated Press and Newsweek in the 1980s', and based on a report by 'The two rocket specialists – Richard Lloyd, a former United Nations weapons inspector who is now associated with Tesla Laboratories, and Theodore A. Postol, professor of science, technology and national security policy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology'. Total nutjobs, right?
    Here's the report: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1006045-possible-implications-of-bad-intelligence.html

Second and third articles are footnoted unlike most mainstream crap you will read in support of regime change. So you are free to browse their sources....and maybe come up with a response that isn't an ad hominem logical fallacy?

Fourth article is from al Akhbar, a Lebanese outlet. Wouldn't want to read any information presented by the other side, right? Talk about seeing only what you want to see.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The website is not objective. It doesn't look at topics objectively. It sees what it wants to see and presents it.

Climate change deniers can always find a few scientist (accredited) to support their agenda when 99% of other scientists disagree.

Theodore Postal ... noted critic of US missle use throughout his career.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Postol

Couldn't find a whole lot of information Mr. Lloyd. He was well liked and fell to cancer several years ago.

it would have been a little more objective if Mr. Postol and Mr. Llyod had conducted independent studies that ended up supporting each others claim instead of collaborating together on the report.

My question is if it is so obvious that the missiles used in the gas attack didn't have the range, why are there only a couple of experts raising this concern? I don't take what John Kerry says as fact and I know they spin information, but where is the missile expert community coming forth and calling B.S.?
    prove the facts on the website are wrong ...
    edited December 2016
    Most of that is just more ad hominem. Being a lifelong critic of something makes a person more qualified to comment, not less.
    As for your question...the rocket range is not the only thing casting doubts on the claim it was Assad behind the chemical attacks, if there were even weapons grade chemicals used at all...but I don't think there is a large community of rocket scientists and weapons inspectors willing to go against Kerry. If you're wondering why, ask David Kelly. (More conspiracy for ya).
    Carla Del Ponte (UN weapons inspector) is on record with her doubts of the legitimacy of the claims.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSBRE94409Z20130505?client=safari

Here are more names:
    http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/08/is-u-s-launching-a-war-in-syria-to-distract-from-spying-and-other-scandals.html
    (Weird URL for that article)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/05/06/syrian-chemical-weapons-reports-get-murkier/?utm_term=.f414ef7a6f91

Combine this info and these opinions with the always-important analytical question - cui bono? (as asked in one of the articles I linked), and it makes zero sense that Assad would do that, and perfect sense that the US would frame him as having crossed obama's red line.

edited December 2016
    Anyone catching all the videos of people dancing in the streets of alleppo right now? All the Christians publicly celebrating around christmas trees? No? Wonder why mainstream sources aren't showing this....

https://www.facebook.com/sahouraxo/posts/356096151422104

Anyone catching all the videos of people dancing in the streets of alleppo right now? All the Christians publicly celebrating around christmas trees? No? Wonder why mainstream sources aren't showing this....

Do you have a MySpace link by chance? Mum pa don't yet allow Facebook
    :lol:
    MySpace is fake news.
    JC29856 said:

Do you have a MySpace link by chance? Mum pa don't yet allow Facebook
    you can youtube videos
    edited December 2016