Options

Pearl Jam Mailed It In On Monday Night

Comments

• Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675

I'm going to preface this by saying MSG2 was my first show in six years. Not because I love the band any less, but sometimes life gets in the way, and lots of things happen - before you know it, it's been six years. But I've also seen my fair share of shows - some spectacular shows (Borgata 2 in 05, my first show, followed by the Philly 05 show, the final two shows at the Spectrum) and some mediocre ones (Camden and Mansfield in 08).

Knowing what this band can do, having seen them many times on back to back nights, having seen them really dig into their catalogue, etc., I can honestly say last night's show was a huge disappointment.

I don't come to see Pearl Jam to hear their greatest hits, and I can safely say the majority of us don't come to hear a greatest hits album either, but that's what we basically got. 7 songs off of Ten, 7 covers, 4 from LB, 3 from Vs. and 3 from Vitalogy. 75% of the show was either their newest album, not their stuff, or written before 1995. I know that's how this band actually got popular, but the reason they developed a devout following was because of albums like No Code, Yield, Binaural, and Riot Act.

Yes, it was great to see All or None, great to see Present Tense, great to see Breath. But a few songs in a first encore a show does not make. And frankly, the encore wasn't spectacular even with those songs.

Think of shows like 10/3/05 in Philly - a first set that had Wash, Brain of J, Faithfull, Sad, Alone, and Green Disease in the first 10 songs alone.

It's MSG. It's the second night in the same city, and they chose to play it safe and play their hits, which is their right. But let's not fool ourselves and say what a great show this was. It wasn't, and it wasn't even close. I recognize the guys are getting long in the tooth, I recognize it's the fourth show in five nights, but they can be so much better than what they gave us last night. This isn't sour grapes, it's just an honest assessment.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I can't understand some of the logic that gets tossed around here. I've seen this band five times this year and each one was better than the last and that's why I can't wait till the next one.

It might be time for some people to take a break and check out some other artists.
    That's what I'm doing. I've been going to Pearl Jam shows for 20 years and this tour the setlists aren't as exciting to me anymore. Raleigh certainly didn't help things.

I saw David Gilmour a few weeks ago, I'm seeing Sturgill Simpson in a month and plan to see as many Widespread Panic shows as possible. Just seeing Panic and Pearl Jam back to back south Carolina it was rough because the sound quality at the Panic show was much better.

I feel like really need to catch a guns n roses show as well
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Get on those WSP shows while you can. New dates just announced and more to come in October, but their days of being a touring band are quickly ending this year
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Get on those WSP shows while you can. New dates just announced and more to come in October, but their days of being a touring band are quickly ending this year

Luckily i live in Milwaukee. I still think they will do their 3 night runs here most years.

I caught them 3 times already this tour. Drove out to Chatanooga to see them on 4/20 after Raleigh got cancelled. I plan on going tomorrow, friday, and saturday in Chicago and then Missoula next month.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    jordn6971 said:

Luckily i live in Milwaukee. I still think they will do their 3 night runs here most years.

I caught them 3 times already this tour. Drove out to Chatanooga to see them on 4/20 after Raleigh got cancelled. I plan on going tomorrow, friday, and saturday in Chicago and then Missoula next month.
    Widespread is coming back to Asheville in the fall I think. I've seen Jimmy Herring at the Christmas Jam and really enjoyed his guitar work. I have never seen Widespread Panic so I might try to get tickets if they are actually calling it a day

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    I'll say this: I thought it was a great show, they did play a lot of repeats and held back on a lot of the rarities we all wanna hear but nonetheless, you're seeing the best band in the world, I'm just happy I got to hear them in person again.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    jordn6971 said:

I'm going to preface this by saying MSG2 was my first show in six years. Not because I love the band any less, but sometimes life gets in the way, and lots of things happen - before you know it, it's been six years. But I've also seen my fair share of shows - some spectacular shows (Borgata 2 in 05, my first show, followed by the Philly 05 show, the final two shows at the Spectrum) and some mediocre ones (Camden and Mansfield in 08).

Knowing what this band can do, having seen them many times on back to back nights, having seen them really dig into their catalogue, etc., I can honestly say last night's show was a huge disappointment.

I don't come to see Pearl Jam to hear their greatest hits, and I can safely say the majority of us don't come to hear a greatest hits album either, but that's what we basically got. 7 songs off of Ten, 7 covers, 4 from LB, 3 from Vs. and 3 from Vitalogy. 75% of the show was either their newest album, not their stuff, or written before 1995. I know that's how this band actually got popular, but the reason they developed a devout following was because of albums like No Code, Yield, Binaural, and Riot Act.

Yes, it was great to see All or None, great to see Present Tense, great to see Breath. But a few songs in a first encore a show does not make. And frankly, the encore wasn't spectacular even with those songs.

Think of shows like 10/3/05 in Philly - a first set that had Wash, Brain of J, Faithfull, Sad, Alone, and Green Disease in the first 10 songs alone.

It's MSG. It's the second night in the same city, and they chose to play it safe and play their hits, which is their right. But let's not fool ourselves and say what a great show this was. It wasn't, and it wasn't even close. I recognize the guys are getting long in the tooth, I recognize it's the fourth show in five nights, but they can be so much better than what they gave us last night. This isn't sour grapes, it's just an honest assessment.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I can't understand some of the logic that gets tossed around here. I've seen this band five times this year and each one was better than the last and that's why I can't wait till the next one.

It might be time for some people to take a break and check out some other artists.
    That's what I'm doing. I've been going to Pearl Jam shows for 20 years and this tour the setlists aren't as exciting to me anymore. Raleigh certainly didn't help things.

I saw David Gilmour a few weeks ago, I'm seeing Sturgill Simpson in a month and plan to see as many Widespread Panic shows as possible. Just seeing Panic and Pearl Jam back to back south Carolina it was rough because the sound quality at the Panic show was much better.

I feel like really need to catch a guns n roses show as well
    My theory on the static set lists is I think they are probably going to film another compilation DVD like touring Band 2000. I really enjoyed marker and light years even though they did mess up some parts in Columbia. I think the whole cancellation really put a cloud on Hampton and somewhat on Columbia as well

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    DR49650DR49650 Posts: 15
    Long time fan first ever post.....saw my first show in 1998..... Seen 5 garden shows, including the 03 show that ended up on DVD...closed the spectrum etc.... Feel compelled to finally add my two cents.... 5/1 was my 26th show....these fan view post in general have annoyed me to no end. I think in my 26 shows I have seen corduroy 26 times.... I am confused as to what the naysayers/complainers want....the setlists have always been formulaic the opener is either slow/fast....generally speaking even flow shows up around song 12.......porch, RVM, DTE rotate closing the first set and first encore, sometimes Go closes one of those as well.....rockin, fuckin, baba, YL, indifference, all along the watchtower rotate out closing the show....been like this since 98...... Black and alive have moved to the 2nd encore.....the first encore starts out slow...closes fast every show......I danced/jumped my ass off Sunday night to songs I have heard smiling times...if you don't like better man what the hell are you there for? It took me 11 years to finally see smile live in closing down the spectrum.....I also saw bugs and it was just as dumb as it was on the album....my point I remember very easily in 2000 getting tickets through the fan club for 5 shows and again in 2003..... The fan club has grown by leaps and bounds and made it harder on the early ppl to get tickets...no complaints I take what I get from them and enjoy the crap out of the shows I get lucky enough to attend......yeah Eddie has changed and had a family and is noticeably happier and it's great I love it....his voice sounds happier....I have a kid now too and Sunday night was my first night out with my wife in 6 months....it was tremendous the band is tighter and better by leaps and bounds now than in 98 when I first saw them which was about an 1 hr and 48 minute show....now they give ya 3 hrs and 32-34 songs of no frills straight rock and roll.....in this day and age of nonsensical autotuned crap all the complainers should just enjoy this band they are part of a dying breed....like Eddie said in 03 they could sound like good Charlotte or some crap......lol.....be patient stick with them you will get your song.....thanks.....
  • Options
    jordn6971 said:

jordn6971 said:

I agree with the OP. The band used to mix up their setlists much better. Columvia was the only show only saw this tour and it was the worst I have seen in 40+ show.

:lol:
    So you have something to add?
    so long, see you later.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    The fact you said PJ mailed it in is laughable. I get that it's your opinion but you get a 30 plus song set, 3hrs long where they pour everything they got into the show but ya man I think you should write the boys and explain your thoughts maybe you can get your money back dude haha. What a joke
  • Options
    KartsKarts Posts: 115
    At some point in the past 5 years, they simply stopped even trying to be relevant. They went from musicians to entertainers.
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    Karts said:

At some point in the past 5 years, they simply stopped even trying to be relevant. They went from musicians to entertainers.

That's one of the dumbest things I've read. You must be entertained at least right? Haha
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    DR49650 said:

Long time fan first ever post.....saw my first show in 1998..... Seen 5 garden shows, including the 03 show that ended up on DVD...closed the spectrum etc.... Feel compelled to finally add my two cents.... 5/1 was my 26th show....these fan view post in general have annoyed me to no end. I think in my 26 shows I have seen corduroy 26 times.... I am confused as to what the naysayers/complainers want....the setlists have always been formulaic the opener is either slow/fast....generally speaking even flow shows up around song 12.......porch, RVM, DTE rotate closing the first set and first encore, sometimes Go closes one of those as well.....rockin, fuckin, baba, YL, indifference, all along the watchtower rotate out closing the show....been like this since 98...... Black and alive have moved to the 2nd encore.....the first encore starts out slow...closes fast every show......I danced/jumped my ass off Sunday night to songs I have heard smiling times...if you don't like better man what the hell are you there for? It took me 11 years to finally see smile live in closing down the spectrum.....I also saw bugs and it was just as dumb as it was on the album....my point I remember very easily in 2000 getting tickets through the fan club for 5 shows and again in 2003..... The fan club has grown by leaps and bounds and made it harder on the early ppl to get tickets...no complaints I take what I get from them and enjoy the crap out of the shows I get lucky enough to attend......yeah Eddie has changed and had a family and is noticeably happier and it's great I love it....his voice sounds happier....I have a kid now too and Sunday night was my first night out with my wife in 6 months....it was tremendous the band is tighter and better by leaps and bounds now than in 98 when I first saw them which was about an 1 hr and 48 minute show....now they give ya 3 hrs and 32-34 songs of no frills straight rock and roll.....in this day and age of nonsensical autotuned crap all the complainers should just enjoy this band they are part of a dying breed....like Eddie said in 03 they could sound like good Charlotte or some crap......lol.....be patient stick with them you will get your song.....thanks.....

Love this post!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,747
    Wasn't at the show, don't know much about it, can't comment on it directly. What I will say is that, personally, I'm sort of over going to shows really hoping to hear a sloppy ill-conceived version of some fucked-up B-side.

That was fun for a while.

I don't mind the hits anymore. They are what drew me to the band in the first place, oh so long ago. At my age, I don't mind being transported to that time and place.

Also, did someone say they played a song with Cheap Trick AND a song with Sting? Wow.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 279
    Bdog10 said:

Phish and Widespread Panic go on 4 night runs with not one single repeat. I'm so tired of hearing that argument "no other band". You are just simply wrong my friend! I've seen Phish 45 times in the past 5 years...including most of their MSG shows, and they sure as hell have more than 54% unique songs.

Right, but the downside is that you are listening to Phish......and Widespread Panic....

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    rylan said:

Karts said:

That's one of the dumbest things I've read. You must be entertained at least right? Haha
    Lately I feel like Mike spends more time pointing to people in the audience and stuff than he does actually playing his guitar.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    "Quote" rel="DR49650">Long time fan first ever post.....saw my first show in 1998..... Seen 5 garden shows, including the 03 show that ended up on DVD...closed the spectrum etc.... Feel compelled to finally add my two cents.... 5/1 was my 26th show....these fan view post in general have annoyed me to no end. I think in my 26 shows I have seen corduroy 26 times.... I am confused as to what the naysayers/complainers want....the setlists have always been formulaic the opener is either slow/fast....generally speaking even flow shows up around song 12.......porch, RVM, DTE rotate closing the first set and first encore, sometimes Go closes one of those as well.....rockin, fuckin, baba, YL, indifference, all along the watchtower rotate out closing the show....been like this since 98...... Black and alive have moved to the 2nd encore.....the first encore starts out slow...closes fast every show......I danced/jumped my ass off Sunday night to songs I have heard smiling times...if you don't like better man what the hell are you there for? It took me 11 years to finally see smile live in closing down the spectrum.....I also saw bugs and it was just as dumb as it was on the album....my point I remember very easily in 2000 getting tickets through the fan club for 5 shows and again in 2003..... The fan club has grown by leaps and bounds and made it harder on the early ppl to get tickets...no complaints I take what I get from them and enjoy the crap out of the shows I get lucky enough to attend......yeah Eddie has changed and had a family and is noticeably happier and it's great I love it....his voice sounds happier....I have a kid now too and Sunday night was my first night out with my wife in 6 months....it was tremendous the band is tighter and better by leaps and bounds now than in 98 when I first saw them which was about an 1 hr and 48 minute show....now they give ya 3 hrs and 32-34 songs of no frills straight rock and roll.....in this day and age of nonsensical autotuned crap all the complainers should just enjoy this band they are part of a dying breed....like Eddie said in 03 they could sound like good Charlotte or some crap......lol.....be patient stick with them you will get your song.....thanks.....

Did they repeat 10-15 songs in back to back shows in years past? I don't think so. They have soooo many songs and sooo many hits they used to mix them around better.

Like someone said, maybe they are trying to get footage for a DVD so they are repeating these songs to get the best production.
    Post edited by jordn6971 on
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,613
    seanwon said:

Bdog10 said:

Phish and Widespread Panic go on 4 night runs with not one single repeat. I'm so tired of hearing that argument "no other band". You are just simply wrong my friend! I've seen Phish 45 times in the past 5 years...including most of their MSG shows, and they sure as hell have more than 54% unique songs.

Right, but the downside is that you are listening to Phish......and Widespread Panic....

Furthermore...this is a bullshit argument. Phish is a jam band. They improv. Pj needs to have songs rehearsed. Cant compare the two.

That said, ill acknowledge that pj shouldve and couldve mixed it up for the 2 nighters in nyc and philly. Not sure what the thought process was behind creating those sets. But i only went to philly 2 and it was the best ive seen the band so ill take it.

P.s. stop saying 'so what, they're the best band in the world' to make an argument. #1. They are your favorite band, not necessarily the best band. #2 best band or favorite band, no one is above criticism. It's healthy.
  • Options
    Lifted said:

seanwon said:

Bdog10 said:

Furthermore...this is a bullshit argument. Phish is a jam band. They improv. Pj needs to have songs rehearsed. Cant compare the two.

That said, ill acknowledge that pj shouldve and couldve mixed it up for the 2 nighters in nyc and philly. Not sure what the thought process was behind creating those sets. But i only went to philly 2 and it was the best ive seen the band so ill take it.

P.s. stop saying 'so what, they're the best band in the world' to make an argument. #1. They are your favorite band, not necessarily the best band. #2 best band or favorite band, no one is above criticism. It's healthy.
    What about Panic they play 25+ songs a night with minimal improv/jamming and they play new covers constantly? I got into Panic only in the last few years but I have come to enjoy their shows more than PJ.
  • Options
    KartsKarts Posts: 115
    rylan said:

Karts said:

Yes, I was. Just watch the Garden DVD, the honesty in the delivery of the music, they illustrated a viewpoint to a congregation of believers. As Ed said "we felt like we have a job to do". 13 years later, that job is to entertain, and they do it fantastically.

The sincerity is long gone.
  • Options
    Eddie needing a handle and platform to stand on so he could swing on those lightning bolt orbs was always hilarious to me.
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,613
    jordn6971 said:

Lifted said:

seanwon said:

Bdog10 said:

What about Panic they play 25+ songs a night with minimal improv/jamming and they play new covers constantly? I got into Panic only in the last few years but I have come to enjoy their shows more than PJ.
    I dont know Panic. I know of them, but I dont know enough of their stuff to have a discussion about it. My general point was that jam bands have a much easier time than bands like Pearl Jam in mixing up setlists. But I also acknowledge that there are other bands that are more structured like Pearl Jam and do a great job at mixing up sets. I dont think MMJ or Wilco would play multiple nights at the same venue and do as many repeats as PJ just did...but then again, show to show, i think PJ plays a better variety than MMJ. So theres that...

Im in the camp that thinks PJ does a great job mixing up sets considering the type of band they are, but Im agreeing with people who say their set choices at msg this year were a failure even if the shows weren't.
  • Options
    jordn6971 said:

Eddie needing a handle and platform to stand on so he could swing on those lightning bolt orbs was always hilarious to me.

Now your trolling. Why are you even here? It sucks you are not a fan anymore. It's run it's course for you. You aren't getting anything out of it anymore. Best to just move on.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Lifted said:

I dont think MMJ or Wilco would play multiple nights at the same venue and do as many repeats as PJ just did...but then again, show to show, i think PJ plays a better variety than MMJ. So theres that...

Im in the camp that thinks PJ does a great job mixing up sets considering the type of band they are, but Im agreeing with people who say their set choices at msg this year were a failure even if the shows weren't.

I know it's off topic, but felt like this needed to be said...
    NO ONE mixes up their setlists better than My Morning Jacket...
    especially when they are doing more than one show in the same city!!
    MMJ did a 4 show run at The Beacon last year around Thanksgiving,
    and I'm pretty sure they didn't repeat a single song...
    and they were promoting a new album!!!
    There were also 3 back to back nights in Chicago without repeats.
    I saw multiple shows in Detroit, Columbus & Minneapolis last year,
    and they didn't repeat a single song!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    this thread:

severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    Karts said:

Go away. Please
  • Options
    Come Back in BlackCome Back in Black Posts: 659
    edited May 2016
    derbydave said:

Lifted said:

I dont think MMJ or Wilco would play multiple nights at the same venue and do as many repeats as PJ just did...but then again, show to show, i think PJ plays a better variety than MMJ. So theres that...

First I'll say MMJ is great. 2nd I'll say we all know Pearl Jam is a big influence on why MMJ mix it up the way they do so respect should be given to PJ for being one of their mentors. Lastly I'll say according to setlist.FM MMJ only has 4 shows so far in 2016 so lets look at 2015. MMJ had 83 shows and played 111 unique songs over that time. So far in 2016 Pearl Jam has 13 shows and has played 134 unique songs. Drops mic.
    Post edited by Come Back in Black on
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278

derbydave said:

Lifted said:

First I'll say MMJ is great. 2nd I'll say we all know Pearl Jam is a big influence on why MMJ mix it up the way they do so respect should be given to PJ for being one of their mentors. Lastly I'll say according to setlist.FM MMJ only has 4 shows so far in 2016 so lets look at 2015. MMJ had 83 shows and played 111 unique songs over that time. So far in 2016 Pearl Jam has 13 shows and has played 134 unique songs. Drops mic.
    number of songs here is irrelevant.....they are talking about mixing it up from show to show. what you need to do is see how many songs were repeated in back to back shows for a better comparison.
  • Options

jordn6971 said:

Now your trolling. Why are you even here? It sucks you are not a fan anymore. It's run it's course for you. You aren't getting anything out of it anymore. Best to just move on.
    Bullshit I love their music still as much as anyone here. I'm just not happy with the live shows lately. The previous post was about how they are just out there to entertain. There is no spontaneity in swinging from that orb when they attatch a handle to it. Very lame.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    what is worse?

Mailing it in?

or

Phoning it in?