Options

2015 Deep Mag and Fanclub Single

Comments

• Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    KC138045 said:

Maybe I'll give my vinyl to a fan in need or donate it to a wishlist pre-party.

Amazing thought.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    Maybe they had something else planned and it didn't work out. That's why it took such a long time this year.

Or they are just slow like always.

Beyonce was a given. But a tad boring with it already been broadcasted with good audio.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    KC138045 said:

Wishing Well is OK but for the love of god make something other than fucking beyonce the B side. This is 3 years in a row I've been disappointed with the 10c single.

Agreed. I'm getting tired of Ed's Hollywood friends appearing on PJ fanclub singles. I'm getting tired of Ed solo appearing on PJ Fanclub singles - Ed is not PJ. I'm getting tired of the live cuts that we've all heard appearing on PJ Fanclub singles - lazy! I'm glad Wishing Well was included. This is the kind of thing that should make up the holiday singles. And based on Tim's posts, I'm really looking forward to the new Deep!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    the pearl jam single should be PEARL JAM. not side projects. not ed solo. as much as I love Ed solo-it's not his fan club. I personally think they've just gotten lazy about it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    edited May 2016
    I think its more of a testament to how they record and release stuff rather than laziness. If they were lazy, we'd just being getting standard live album cuts from random shows as a single. At least they are picking highlights when they are a live cut. Personally I think its cool when they pull from something that would probably never see the light of day otherwise (WW, Pendulumorphasis or whatever, Shattered).

To be honest I'd rather see a great track on a LP than a x-mas single. I'd take a new song/Christmas song/studio outtake for sure, but I think they hold that stuff now to be further worked on or for a outtakes LP.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited May 2016
    I think it's a fine choice for the singles. Not sure why everyone is so down on Redemption song with Beyonce. It was a pretty good performance I thought. Is it just because of a bias against Beyonce, or do people really think the performance stinks?? The only point I kind of agree with is that Ed's solo work shouldn't really be on a 10C single. It should be Pearl Jam, not EV.
    I like Wishing Well too - cool choice. Glad to read that it's been properly mastered; looking forward to hearing it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr DapsoyDr Dapsoy Posts: 70
    For all the negative nancies, the following is a list of all the songs from the previous Ten Club singles. Songs marked with ** indicate songs that were not performed by "Pearl Jam" but rather featured one or more member. Further more, there's been a ton of "Pearl Jam with..." So as you can see, they're carrying on a long standing tradition. So stop complaining!

01. Let Me Sleep (It's Christmas Time)
    02. Ramblings 1
    03. Sonic Reducer
    **04. Ramblings 2
    **05. Angel
    06. Ramblings 3 (Live)
    **07. History Never Repeats (Ed live with Neil and Tim Finn)
    08. Sonic Reducer (Live with Joey Ramone)
    **09. Swallow My Pride (Stone and Jeff live with Green River)
    **10. My Way (Ed live with an Elvis impersonator)
    **11. Olympic Platinum
    12. Smile (Live)
    13. Happy When I'm Crying
    **14. Live For Today (by R.E.M.)
    15. Solider Of Love (Live)
    16. Last Kiss
    17. Strangest Tribe
    18. Drifting
    19. Crown Of Thorns (Live with Brendan O' Brien)
    20. Can't Help Falling In Love (Live)
    21. Last Soldier (Live)
    22. Indifference (Ed live with Ben Harper)
    23. Gimme Some Truth (Live)
    **24. I Just Want To Have Something To Do
    25. Don't Believe In Christmas (Live)
    **26. Sleepless Nights (Ed live with Beck)
    27. Reach Down (Live with Chris Cornell)
    28. I Believe In Miracles (Live)
    29. Someday At Christmas
    **30. Better Man (Ed with Walmer High School Choir)
    31. Little Sister (Live with Robert Plant)
    **32. Gone (Demo)
    33. Love, Reign O'er Me
    34. Rockin' In The Free World (Live with Bono and The Edge)
    35. Santa God
    **36. Jingle Bells
    37. Santa Cruz
    **38. The Golden State (Ed with Corin Tucker)
    39. Turning Mist
    **40. Hawaii '78 (Live)
    41. Falling Down (Live)
    42. No Jeremy (Live)
    43. Better Things
    **44. Devil Doll (Ed with X)
    45. All Night (Live with Glen Hansard, Dave Garza, and Joe Arthur)
    46. In The Moonlight (Live with Josh Homme)
    47. 99 Problems (Live with Jay-Z)
    **48. Shattered (Ed live with Jeanne Tripplehorn)
    **49. Imagine (Live)
    **50. Pendulumorphosis
    1996: Randall's Island 1
    1998: MSG 1
    2000: Jones Beach 1
    2003: Uniondale, MSG 1
    2006: Camden
    2013: Brooklyn 2
    2016: Boston 1
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    PJ_Soul said:

I think it's a fine choice for the singles. Not sure why everyone is so down on Redemption song with Beyonce. It was a pretty good performance I thought. Is it just because of a bias against Beyonce, or do people really think the performance stinks?? The only point I kind of agree with is that Ed's solo work shouldn't really be on a 10C single. It should be Pearl Jam, not EV.
    I like Wishing Well too - cool choice. Glad to read that it's been properly mastered; looking forward to hearing it.

To see someone actually get upset/frustrated/annoyed/disappointed that Redemption Song was selected is laughable and you truly have to feel sorry for a person like that!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited May 2016
    Glad they put "redemption song" out as an xmas single since no official release is probably forthcoming.
    and this brings the number of fan club songs that I have witnessed in person to 2!!!! fuck yeah

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    100 Pacer said:

PJ_Soul said:

To see someone actually get upset/frustrated/annoyed/disappointed that Redemption Song was selected is laughable and you truly have to feel sorry for a person like that!
    feel sorry for a person like that? seriously? you feel sorry for someone having a different opinion than you? I like pearl jam. I don't like beyonce. I don't like jay z. I like pearl jam. but that's not the part that bugs me. yes, the performance was fine. but that track is widely available already, and they know that.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    viva the variety! whooo!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Heh, when you look at that list, there really aren't many exclusive studio cuts released for x-mas. They are more the exception than the rule. If anything this years single is an exception. When it's all said and done, I think people are gonna think this 7" is a winner.
  • Options
    Dr Dapsoy said:

For all the negative nancies, the following is a list of all the songs from the previous Ten Club singles. Songs marked with ** indicate songs that were not performed by "Pearl Jam" but rather featured one or more member. Further more, there's been a ton of "Pearl Jam with..." So as you can see, they're carrying on a long standing tradition. So stop complaining!

02. Ramblings 1
    03. Sonic Reducer
    **04. Ramblings 2
    **05. Angel
    06. Ramblings 3 (Live)
    **11. Olympic Platinum
    12. Smile (Live)
    16. Last Kiss
    17. Strangest Tribe
    18. Drifting
    21. Last Soldier (Live)
    29. Someday At Christmas
    **32. Gone (Demo)
    33. Love, Reign O'er Me
    35. Santa God
    **36. Jingle Bells
    37. Santa Cruz
    39. Turning Mist
    **40. Hawaii '78 (Live)
    41. Falling Down (Live)
    42. No Jeremy (Live)
    43. Better Things
    **49. Imagine (Live)
    **50. Pendulumorphosis

look, everyone is allowed, and is going to, have a differing opinion on this topic, and I can respect that. if you like all the singles, great for you! not all of us do. we're allowed to hold that opinion and voice it. calling people childish names isn't necessary.

99 Problems/Shattered was by far the worst of the entire lot. I honestly thought it was a joke when I first heard about it.

Last year's I dug because of Pendulumorphosis. This year's I'm excited for Wishing Well. I started a thread a long time ago about playing that very song live. I'm happy we'll be getting a decent sounding track now. But maybe the Ed/Beyonce thing was letdown because it was so predictable. And again, it wasn't PJ.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    got it in Chicagoland today 5/2
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    99 Probs/Shattered was indeed the worst holiday single 10C ever released. Compared to that, just about anything's going to seem pretty great, lol!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Received in NorCal!
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    jeffbr said:

KC138045 said:

Wishing Well is OK but for the love of god make something other than fucking beyonce the B side. This is 3 years in a row I've

Agreed. I'm getting tired of Ed's Hollywood friends appearing on PJ fanclub singles. I'm getting tired of Ed solo appearing on PJ Fanclub singles - Ed is not PJ. I'm getting tired of the live cuts that we've all heard appearing on PJ Fanclub singles - lazy! I'm glad Wishing Well was included. This is the kind of thing that should make up the holiday singles. And based on Tim's posts, I'm really looking forward to the new Deep!

agreed getting lazy.
    Bierman told a friend that it was going to be a forward thinking emphasis with regard to 25th anniversary. obviously this isn't.

are they gonna go for the hat trick this year in pissing off fans??
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Who is KS?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options

Dr Dapsoy said:

02. Ramblings 1
    03. Sonic Reducer
    **04. Ramblings 2
    **05. Angel
    06. Ramblings 3 (Live)
    **11. Olympic Platinum
    12. Smile (Live)
    16. Last Kiss
    17. Strangest Tribe
    18. Drifting
    21. Last Soldier (Live)
    29. Someday At Christmas
    **32. Gone (Demo)
    33. Love, Reign O'er Me
    35. Santa God
    **36. Jingle Bells
    37. Santa Cruz
    39. Turning Mist
    **40. Hawaii '78 (Live)
    41. Falling Down (Live)
    42. No Jeremy (Live)
    43. Better Things
    **49. Imagine (Live)
    **50. Pendulumorphosis

look, everyone is allowed, and is going to, have a differing opinion on this topic, and I can respect that. if you like all the singles, great for you! not all of us do. we're allowed to hold that opinion and voice it. calling people childish names isn't necessary.

99 Problems/Shattered was by far the worst of the entire lot. I honestly thought it was a joke when I first heard about it.

Last year's I dug because of Pendulumorphosis. This year's I'm excited for Wishing Well. I started a thread a long time ago about playing that very song live. I'm happy we'll be getting a decent sounding track now. But maybe the Ed/Beyonce thing was letdown because it was so predictable. And again, it wasn't PJ.
    HFD nailed it for me. 100% agreement with this post. And with his previous post. It is funny that we're being felt sorry for. The compassion that PJ fans have is so heartwarming!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I guess Ed will be hand delivering mine after the tour...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521

100 Pacer said:

PJ_Soul said:

feel sorry for a person like that? seriously? you feel sorry for someone having a different opinion than you? I like pearl jam. I don't like beyonce. I don't like jay z. I like pearl jam. but that's not the part that bugs me. yes, the performance was fine. but that track is widely available already, and they know that.
    I mentioned nothing about differing opinions. I referred to grown adults actually crying online about the song being selected. Feel free to voice your opinion whatever that may be.

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,138
    Just got mine today in Atlanta!

Very excited. I actually never bothered to listen to redemption song, so it'll be new to me to hear the live track.

Very excited to listen to wishing well. Feel a bit embarrassed as I've never heard of Wishing Well. Can't wait to hear it! Thanks 10 Club!
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

100 Pacer said:

PJ_Soul said:

I mentioned nothing about differing opinions. I referred to grown adults actually crying online about the song being selected. Feel free to voice your opinion whatever that may be.

Crying? I saw no tears. I saw some people who like the selections this year, and some who had issues with the way things have gone the past few years. No biggie. Your band can handle a little consumer feedback. We're paying members of the club. We're consumers of this business. We can express both positive and negative feedback of the business' products. Quit being so religious about the band.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    If there's one thing being in this fan club has taught me, it's that the more cool and above-and-beyond shit you do for people, the more those people will demand from you.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Man. You nailed it.

And it's fine if people aren't into Jay z or Beyonce. And if that's what it comes down to fine (though weird how the two of them are singled out over the other 2 dozen guests on X-mas singles, but whatever) But I do think the singles are better than people give them credit for. And I don't see how the inclusion of those tracks are any better or worse than Jeffs Ramon's cover, or Ramblings 2 or any other live track with a guest.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    RKCNDY said:

I guess Ed will be hand delivering mine after the tour...

agreed. there should be no reason why we don't get ours this week.
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I was at Global Citizen and enjoyed the performance. I spun the vinyl and enjoyed that as well. :)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    I got mind today
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Go To Fire 43Go To Fire 43 Posts: 449
    Got it in Chicago area 5/2
  • Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    Malroth said:

Who is KS?

I'd like to know as well.

1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II