2015 Deep Mag and Fanclub Single

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    It's a great 45! Wishing Well rocks!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Redemption Song sounds awesome - Bey sounds great with Ed.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,972
    So now that people are getting this, how cool is the issue of Deep?

• Options

Bey sounds great with Ed.

Oh, my, god,
    Bey?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    i assumed he meant Queen.
  • Options
    scrappysatticscrappysattic Lawrence, KS Posts: 302
    Got mine today and I'm in KS... Single is cool, LOVE the Deep Mag.... Do miss the days of original songs recorded for us...

96' - Hartford
    98'- Hartford, Mansfield Night 2
    00' - Mansfield Night 2
    03' - Mansfield Night 1
    04' - VFC St Louis
    10' - Kansas City
    13' - OKC
    14' - St Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln
    16' - Chicago Night 1

17' EV  Louisville, KY

18' Wrigley Night 1

• Options
    To be fair, how many songs are recorded explicitly for the x-mas single? Christmas songs for sure. But I just assumed most studio tracks are demos or rough takes that they thought good enough and decided to put out on the 7" because it wasn't gonna be on an album.

• Options
    moozeekfanmoozeekfan Posts: 194
    Isn't KS Kevin Shuss, long-time band videographer and awesome dude extraordinaire?
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • Options

Oh, my, god,
    Bey?
    Isn't that her shortened nickname? I work with college students for a living. That's what the kids call her anyway.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    It's Queen Bey.
  • Options

Oh, my, god,
    Bey?
    Isn't that her shortened nickname? I work with college students for a living. That's what the kids call her anyway.
    I was bustin your chops.
    An adult saying Bey is just, um, no.
  • Options

Oh, my, god,
    Bey?
    I was bustin your chops.
    Well I have a 3 yr old so imagine what other 'non-adult' things I say on a daily basis.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Oh, my, god,
    Bey?
    I was bustin your chops.
    Well I have a 3 yr old so imagine what other 'non-adult' things I say on a daily basis.
    Yea, I'm watching Disney channel right now.. Lol
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2016
    ^^^
    Honestly, it's getting a little late for accepting that the annual single we be "late this year"
    I wonder if it has to do with all the conflicting opinions of what paid members want?
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,557
    After a quick listen, Wishing Well sounds a lot better than what was leaked. Redemption Song has the Mandela speech edited out so it is a little shorter, but more fit for widespread release. Deep mag is awesome.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

Man. You nailed it.

And it's fine if people aren't into Jay z or Beyonce. And if that's what it comes down to fine (though weird how the two of them are singled out over the other 2 dozen guests on X-mas singles, but whatever) But I do think the singles are better than people give them credit for. And I don't see how the inclusion of those tracks are any better or worse than Jeffs Ramon's cover, or Ramblings 2 or any other live track with a guest.

It may very well be about the specific guest performers for some, but not for me. I agree with your last statement completely. I personally prefer it to be pearl jam and pearl jam only. Not ed solo. Not jeff or mike on vocals. Or elvis' cousin. Thats just my preference as a pearl jam fan. Im in the pearl jam fanclub. Not the pearl jam etc fanclub.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    100 Pacer said:

100 Pacer said:

PJ_Soul said:

I think it's a fine choice for the singles. Not sure why everyone is so down on Redemption song with Beyonce. It was a pretty good performance I thought. Is it just because of a bias against Beyonce, or do people really think the performance stinks?? The only point I kind of agree with is that Ed's solo work shouldn't really be on a 10C single. It should be Pearl Jam, not EV.
    I like Wishing Well too - cool choice. Glad to read that it's been properly mastered; looking forward to hearing it.

To see someone actually get upset/frustrated/annoyed/disappointed that Redemption Song was selected is laughable and you truly have to feel sorry for a person like that!
    feel sorry for a person like that? seriously? you feel sorry for someone having a different opinion than you? I like pearl jam. I don't like beyonce. I don't like jay z. I like pearl jam. but that's not the part that bugs me. yes, the performance was fine. but that track is widely available already, and they know that.
    I mentioned nothing about differing opinions. I referred to grown adults actually crying online about the song being selected. Feel free to voice your opinion whatever that may be.

"Actually crying". Oh how you do go on. Your post contradicts itself in all 3 of the last sentences, by the way.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

^^^
    Honestly, it's getting a little late for accepting that the annual single we be "late this year"
    I wonder if it has to do with all the conflicting opinions of what paid members want?

I very highly doubt what the paid members want is even considered. Thats not a dig at the band, either, its just the reality that you cant please everyone all the time.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,424
    There's an article saying it will be released as a sngle later in the year
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

There's an article saying it will be released as a sngle later in the year

another reason it shouldn't be on the fan club single.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

Can't stress how cool this issue of Deep is.

Basically gonna be a checklist for collectors.

Got mine yesterday and I was thinking along the same lines.. how many "ISO" threads will we see in LD for items pictured in this Deep issue? I highly enjoy it; a lot of good stuff in there!
    Really impressed with Wishing Well! The only problem I have with Redemption Song is that I've just never really cared for that song. Not much of a Marley fan. EV/B's performance is good, though!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Most impressed I have been in the last few years with deep and the single. Well Done, Bravo!!!!
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480

Isn't KS Kevin Shuss, long-time band videographer and awesome dude extraordinaire?

You are correct. After reading Deep, I got the feeling that Kevin Shuss wasn't on the Avocado Tour much.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Just got home from NYC and it was in my mailbox. Cant wait to play it! Deep was super cool
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Haven't had a chance to spin the record yet, but looked through the Deep magazine last night and it's fucking awesome!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570

After a quick listen, Wishing Well sounds a lot better than what was leaked. Redemption Song has the Mandela speech edited out so it is a little shorter, but more fit for widespread release. Deep mag is awesome.

Oh, that's too bad that the Mandela part was edited out. I would have liked it better with the speech.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570

Got mine yesterday and I was thinking along the same lines.. how many "ISO" threads will we see in LD for items pictured in this Deep issue? I highly enjoy it; a lot of good stuff in there!
    Really impressed with Wishing Well! The only problem I have with Redemption Song is that I've just never really cared for that song. Not much of a Marley fan. EV/B's performance is good, though!
    I'm not a Marley fan either. I was a long time ago, but at some point I just decided that I hate Reggae. But I hate it because of that Jamaican/Reggae sound I think. Eddie and Beyonce singing it dropped the part of Reggae I don't appreciate, what with the lack of accents, lol, so I think it sounded pretty good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm not a Marley fan either. I was a long time ago, but at some point I just decided that I hate Reggae. But I hate it because of that Jamaican/Reggae sound I think. Eddie and Beyonce singing it dropped the part of Reggae I don't appreciate, what with the lack of accents, lol, so I think it sounded pretty good.
    lordy mercy, mon

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh, that's too bad that the Mandela part was edited out. I would have liked it better with the speech.

Me too! Either way, I'm happy! Big fan of Mr. Marley here! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495

It's great

My single sleeve came all warped. Record seems fine though - anyone else have same problem