Paris Attacks

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Perhaps before we grab pitchforks and form a mob to round up the evil refugees we should wait for a shred of verified Intel...
    Nahhhh bootlegger and dirtyfrank are right, we should jump to conclusions and make broad assumptions, that's the right move. Let's not even wait a few hours, let's use this as an opportunity to push our agenda while the dust is literally still settling.

First, clearly it is some sort of Islamic radicalism be it Al Qaeda, ISIS, or some one off Islamic militant cell. i have not said anything about nuking anyone or killing anyone. I have not said to let the refugees die in Syria. You make me out to be a bad person when damnit I just want to make sure Europe stays safe. Ya know what, there are plenty of people that agree with me, hence the border fences being built in Eastern Europe and plenty of Europeans ready to kick out liberal politicians.

I would love to visit a stable Syria and see the ancient ruins and experience the culture there. I am not anti-Muslim just don't think a wave of tens of millions of refugees will be good for Europe in the long run.
    I find it to be distasteful and disrespectful to jump to blaming refugees when you have zero evidence and the bodies are practically still warm.
    There will be time enough to talk about who to blame and what to do next when there are at least a few details available.
    Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves, IMHO.
    It is okay if you don't want to have discussion. You don't need to come to the message board. This is the largest mass migration of people since WW2 and there is not a word of it on this message board and it is ludicrous to think that there won't be any negative consequences. The solution to the Middle East problem is not mass migration to Europe.

This Paris attack isn't the first terrorist attack in Europe, but one of many. It isn't like we need the facts right now about this Paris attack to confirm whether there are Islamic terrorists in Europe. This attack could have been staged by the Girl Scouts but that doesn't mean there isn't an issue in Europe with Islamic extremism and large, large disenfranchisement of Muslim youth (I.e., French and Swedish riots in previous years). If you can't see that Europe is changing significantly then I don't know what to tell you. If you also can't recognize that there are millions of Europeans that don't agree with the immigration of refugees and if you cannot empathise with their position then YOU should be ashamed.

You think that German town of 100 that took in 750 refugees will ever be the same? Do you care about those 100 people at all?
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

Fucking radical terrorist are cowards that is for certain ....

I do t know. I sure as hell not going to strap a bomb around my waist. A misguided but not cowards.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    JWPearl said:

i know i wont be living ever in paris
    theres no fun there i prefer somewhere
    much safer knowing when your door is shut
    it stays shut and safer..
    more fun here at home..

Your a thousand times safer walking the streets of Paris than getting Into your car and driving. Your much more likely to get killed by American gun owner than terrorist.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Wake up Europe. You can't let all these refugees in without due diligence. You want to help out but you are going to lose your culture and lose your safety.

Did you hear somewhere that it was done by refugees?
    Nothing official yet other than some hearsay reports, but if one doesn't think many of these "refugees" that have flooded Europe are ISIS, then there is nothing that can ever be said to convince you that unless you follow ALLAH you are a INFIDEL and must DIE.

My prayers to GOD are w/ the Partisans and the families that have lost loved ones at the hands of whatever Jihad loving Extremist Muslim group who committed these terrorist attacks.
    Praying doesn't work. Belief in gods is the problem.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited November 2015
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Perhaps before we grab pitchforks and form a mob to round up the evil refugees we should wait for a shred of verified Intel...
    Nahhhh bootlegger and dirtyfrank are right, we should jump to conclusions and make broad assumptions, that's the right move. Let's not even wait a few hours, let's use this as an opportunity to push our agenda while the dust is literally still settling.

Perhaps you are right….That thought on here to wait to jump to conclusions worked so well with American's home grown urban terrorist poster boy and now Martyr to many, Mike Brown.

GOD Bless Paris and GOD bless the USA…and FUCK ISIS
    "There are plenty of good reasons for fighting...but no good reason to ever hate without reservation, to imagine that God Almighty hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side. It's that part of every man that finds all kinds of ugliness so attractive....it's that part of an imbecile that punishes and vilifies and makes war gladly."
    Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Nigh
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    They may have just caused the unnecessary death of thousands, maybe millions of muslims, and it makes me sick to think of where this could lead. The European people are not as passive as they may appear to be to us yanks at times. I picture it like these idiots that raise lions as pets...they love them and snuggle with them...they seem so friendly...but deep down...they are still a lion and will rip your throat out. I think the forced migration, this event, and the fear and anger that it sparks is going to culminate in a blood bath to the likes of which the modern generation has never seen.

The longer the Muslim community goes without screaming condemnation on this brutality...the longer they go without making their voices heard around the world in solidarity against these fuckers...the worse it is going to be for all of them...guilty and innocent.
    dignin said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Perhaps you are right….That thought on here to wait to jump to conclusions worked so well with American's home grown urban terrorist poster boy and now Martyr to many, Mike Brown.

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting...but no good reason to ever hate without reservation, to imagine that God Almighty hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side. It's that part of every man that finds all kinds of ugliness so attractive....it's that part of an imbecile that punishes and vilifies and makes war gladly."
    Nice. Thanks for posting.
  • Shawshank said:

They may have just caused the unnecessary death of thousands, maybe millions of muslims, and it makes me sick to think of where this could lead. The European people are not as passive as they may appear to be to us yanks at times. I picture it like these idiots that raise lions as pets...they love them and snuggle with them...they seem so friendly...but deep down...they are still a lion and will rip your throat out. I think the forced migration, this event, and the fear and anger that it sparks is going to culminate in a blood bath to the likes of which the modern generation has never seen.

The longer the Muslim community goes without screaming condemnation on this brutality...the longer they go without making their voices heard around the world in solidarity against these fuckers...the worse it is going to be for all of them...guilty and innocent.

I hope you are wrong.

I'm legitimately concerned for what the future holds for many. The backlash from this event is likely going to be ugly for many.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • callen said:

dignin said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Yes. Nice. Nice words.

What is the implication from them? Clean the streets, rebuild the buildings, bury the dead, and carry on? Things will stop then?

Or treat terrorism as an undesirable facet of life- much like a car accident? So we can love?

I'm missing the intent of the post given the context.
  • So are the thoughts and prayers done yet?
    Has the dust settled?
    Who do we blame now?
    Have all the libs here had enough time to digest what has happened yet?
    I'm going to finish my morning coffee before I read the news.
    I sure hope that isis hasn't claimed responsibility for this. -this wouldn't be alla approved
  • Shawshank said:

I've seen a few people post this and I think that you are all on to something.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    callen said:

Fucking radical terrorist are cowards that is for certain ....

I do t know. I sure as hell not going to strap a bomb around my waist. A misguided but not cowards.
    They are cowards because they are targeting people who can't defend themselves people who can't fight back , to kill them at the concert hall is s cowardly act ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Shawshank said:

I've seen a few people post this and I think that you are all on to something.
    They always condemn, nobody listens.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

callen said:

dignin said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Yes. Nice. Nice words.

What is the implication from them? Clean the streets, rebuild the buildings, bury the dead, and carry on? Things will stop then?

Or treat terrorism as an undesirable facet of life- much like a car accident? So we can love?

I'm missing the intent of the post given the context.
    Religion is the problem. Belief in gods is the problem.

Ironic that there are posts here proclaiming gods on their side and get the mother fuckers.

Does it solve this situation, NO. But till humans face the total idiocy of religions and Gods this will continue.

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

First, clearly it is some sort of Islamic radicalism be it Al Qaeda, ISIS, or some one off Islamic militant cell. i have not said anything about nuking anyone or killing anyone. I have not said to let the refugees die in Syria. You make me out to be a bad person when damnit I just want to make sure Europe stays safe. Ya know what, there are plenty of people that agree with me, hence the border fences being built in Eastern Europe and plenty of Europeans ready to kick out liberal politicians.

I would love to visit a stable Syria and see the ancient ruins and experience the culture there. I am not anti-Muslim just don't think a wave of tens of millions of refugees will be good for Europe in the long run.
    I find it to be distasteful and disrespectful to jump to blaming refugees when you have zero evidence and the bodies are practically still warm.
    There will be time enough to talk about who to blame and what to do next when there are at least a few details available.
    It is okay if you don't want to have discussion. You don't need to come to the message board. This is the largest mass migration of people since WW2 and there is not a word of it on this message board and it is ludicrous to think that there won't be any negative consequences. The solution to the Middle East problem is not mass migration to Europe.

This Paris attack isn't the first terrorist attack in Europe, but one of many. It isn't like we need the facts right now about this Paris attack to confirm whether there are Islamic terrorists in Europe. This attack could have been staged by the Girl Scouts but that doesn't mean there isn't an issue in Europe with Islamic extremism and large, large disenfranchisement of Muslim youth (I.e., French and Swedish riots in previous years). If you can't see that Europe is changing significantly then I don't know what to tell you. If you also can't recognize that there are millions of Europeans that don't agree with the immigration of refugees and if you cannot empathise with their position then YOU should be ashamed.

You think that German town of 100 that took in 750 refugees will ever be the same? Do you care about those 100 people at all?
    I'm not trying to avoid discussion, I am trying to have a little respect. I'm not some fool who thinks the refugee crisis isn't going to have major downsides and backlash, and problems we can't even foresee.
    I just think blaming them when you have no evidence is wrong.

So are the thoughts and prayers done yet?
    Has the dust settled?
    Who do we blame now?
    I sure hope that isis hasn't claimed responsibility for this. -this wouldn't be alla approved

Skip the coffee, get your pitchfork.
  • rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I'm not trying to avoid discussion, I am trying to have a little respect. I'm not some fool who thinks the refugee crisis isn't going to have major downsides and backlash, and problems we can't even foresee.
    I just think blaming them when you have no evidence is wrong.
    But this is where you guys are actually on the same page. I don't think he was blaming the current refugees directly as much as he was pointing out the fact that problems arise with subsequent generations after settlement.

Your previous post speaks to the root of the problem: people brainwashed and acting like morons because they are.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

What are you implying?

• rgambs said:

Has the dust settled?
    Who do we blame now?

Skip the coffee, get your pitchfork.
    Now, now
    I want to sing kumbaya and smoke a joint while imagining a world without war.
    This will fix everything.
    No pitchfork or weapons of anykind needed.
    Paris should just pray too.
  • Ah,
    Found the root cause.
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/music/story/isis-issue-statement-for-attacks-on-eagles-of-death-metal-paris-gig/ar-BBmZTqR
    Now, The Guardian reports that terrorist organisation ISIS have taken responsibility - sickeningly describing the victims as 'idolators together for a party of perversity':

"Eight brothers carrying explosive belts and guns targeted areas in the heart of the French capital that were specifically chosen in advance: the Stade de France during a match against Germany which that imbecile François Hollande was attending; the Bataclan where hundreds of idolaters were together in a party of perversity as well as other targets in the 10th, 11th and 18th arrondissement," say ISIS.
  • NanouNanou Posts: 191

Why France? Of all places why there?

It's always been France. In 1997, it was the bombs in the suburban train. We would enter the RER B looking under the seats to check if there was any abandonned bag. Once the bomb exploded in my train. Luckily that day for no apparent reason I went to the faculty earlier.
    There is an interesting article by al jazeera:
    alj.am/1AtoKCh
    I'm writing this backstage at Allegiance, my heart heavy with the news from Paris, aching for the victims and their families and friends.

There no doubt will be those who look upon immigrants and refugees as the enemy as a result of these attacks, because they look like those who perpetrated these attacks, just as peaceful Japanese Americans were viewed as the enemy after Pearl Harbor. But we must resist the urge to categorize and dehumanize, for it is that very impulse that fueled the insanity and violence perpetrated this evening.

Tonight, hold your loved ones, and pray or wish for peace, not only from guns and bombs, but from hatred and fear. If it is our freedom and joy they seek to destroy, give them not that victory. Against the forces of darkness and terror, love and compassion shall always prevail. ‪#‎JeSuisParis‬

-- George Takei
    Warning Graphic content

Concert goers escaping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFVTo5s6fas
  • dignin said:

Warning Graphic content

Concert goers escaping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFVTo5s6fas

The light from the phone was going off right beside the one body at the exit.

Someone's loved one reaching out to them. Utterly horrific and saddening. And maddening. F**king brainwashed psychopaths.

Just brutal.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    For those who wanted some evidence that there was refugee involvement:

https://mobile.twitter.com/YanniKouts/status/665555110467084289

Ah,
    Found the root cause.
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/music/story/isis-issue-statement-for-attacks-on-eagles-of-death-metal-paris-gig/ar-BBmZTqR
    Now, The Guardian reports that terrorist organisation ISIS have taken responsibility - sickeningly describing the victims as 'idolators together for a party of perversity':

"Eight brothers carrying explosive belts and guns targeted areas in the heart of the French capital that were specifically chosen in advance: the Stade de France during a match against Germany which that imbecile François Hollande was attending; the Bataclan where hundreds of idolaters were together in a party of perversity as well as other targets in the 10th, 11th and 18th arrondissement," say ISIS.

And the Eagles played Tel Aviv in July with choice words for the BDS movement.

Let us not dodge this fact.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Why take your passport with you on a suicide mission? These guys wanted it to be found.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:

Why take your passport with you on a suicide mission? These guys wanted it to be found.

They are proud of their accomplishments. They glorify in their martyrdom. Somewhere there is an old lady bringing these murderer's families candy.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

They are proud of their accomplishments. They glorify in their martyrdom. Somewhere there is an old lady bringing these murderer's families candy.
    But they are also manipulative. This guy had his passport registered as being a refugee and then took that passport with him on a suicide attack. Gotta believe he did that to tie these attacks to the refugees. Purposeful and deliberate.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."