Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    I've sent maybe 2 or 3 flurries of emails to the PJ activism addy over the past 18 months about this topic but... I would love to see an Aussie not-for-profit organisation on your list of Vitalogy Foundation recipients. I understand that we are a small nation (by population) but for those of us who work in the Aussie not-for-profit sector, and have been so inspired by your music and activism it would be a sweet acknowledgement. Thanks for listening, M xo
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,830

I've sent maybe 2 or 3 flurries of emails to the PJ activism addy over the past 18 months about this topic but... I would love to see an Aussie not-for-profit organisation on your list of Vitalogy Foundation recipients. I understand that we are a small nation (by population) but for those of us who work in the Aussie not-for-profit sector, and have been so inspired by your music and activism it would be a sweet acknowledgement. Thanks for listening, M xo

Don't think it can be done. For tax purposes. They USA only. I've asked a long time ago for something like this in Canada. No can do.
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    edited July 2015
    demetrios said:

Don't think it can be done. For tax purposes. They USA only. I've asked a long time ago for something like this in Canada. No can do.
    Such a shame, but makes sense - I forgot that Vitalogy Foundation is a not-for-profit entity itself. Thanks for the clarification :)
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited July 2015
    So the lack of a tax write off prevents them from doing international charitable work?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I want the band to celebrate any future 'anniversaries' in or very near Seattle. If you book it, these crazy fuckers will max out their credit cards, sell all their sealed vinyl, stop paying their bills or tap into their trust funds or well managed hedge funds to come.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I think the announcement is Global but I would love a 2 or 3 night run at Randalls Island. Plenty of room for everyone who would want a ticket and perfect place in the fall months. If it's an anniversary show it could be a full day event with other bands on stage. Perfect solution.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,879
    Bring back the "ask George" part in the newsletters!!
    The newsletters have become really weak. I still have my vhc ambulance. Now those newsletters were cool.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

The newsletters have become really weak. I still have my vhc ambulance. Now those newsletters were cool.

We're so old!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

We're so old!
    That we are! Turning 38 in November!!!!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,263
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

We're so old!
    Come on now guys!... :nuh_uh: It's not how you look, it's how you feel. :wink:

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

We're so old!
    Try 53 in 3 weeks...
    Now that's OLD!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

We're so old!
    Try 53 in 3 weeks...
    Now that's OLD!!!
    53 is the new 25. duh.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

We're so old!
    Try 53 in 3 weeks...
    Now that's OLD!!!
    53 wow that is old! :lol: j/k'ing :hug: young chicken you are.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    50 here....I think I should feel old but hummmmmm. I don't :-)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Almost 40..no midlife crisis here..is this thread turn to something else??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    AscotInCanadaAscotInCanada Ontario Posts: 13
    Rubysdad said:

Hey Fans,

Ten Club has started a new forum post to cultivate more member feedback. The purpose of this thread is for fans to extend their voice by posting their questions comments and concerns related to the band, the fan club, and other such PJ related topics. The member responses will be used for internal consideration related to policies, practices, as well as an informative platform for band and management to consider addressing through various print and online forums.

Appropriate Topics: Band trivia, the past, present, and future of the music industry, fan club policies and procedures, merchandising, technical recording or gear related factoids, etc. Get creative!

Please do not use this thread for time sensitive questions, personal conversations and customer service related questions. If you have a personal question related to your membership account, a site related technical issue, or merchandise order, please reference our “Help” link here:http://pearljam.com/help

or the FAQ link here: http://pearljam.com/faq or email the appropriate department.

Deadline: There is no deadline. This will be an ongoing thread.

Enjoy!

10c

• Options
    AscotInCanadaAscotInCanada Ontario Posts: 13
    Bravo Bravo 10c love the web site and can't wait to see the guys again
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    demetrios said:

donnaruhl said:

What a concept! A Pearl Jam Cruise. Ten Club Members only. A Lotto with plenty of financial notice. :)

ALL 10c members or just the elite analogue members?

Elite analogue members of course. Digital members will have access though to the digital live streams from the cruise ship viewing all the fun the analogue members will be having on the cruise ship in the comfort of their home.

I f-ing love it.

• Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    With each ticket comes a package of Dramamine and a barf bag.
  • Options

Rubysdad said:

Hey Fans,

Ten Club has started a new forum post to cultivate more member feedback. The purpose of this thread is for fans to extend their voice by posting their questions comments and concerns related to the band, the fan club, and other such PJ related topics. The member responses will be used for internal consideration related to policies, practices, as well as an informative platform for band and management to consider addressing through various print and online forums.

Appropriate Topics: Band trivia, the past, present, and future of the music industry, fan club policies and procedures, merchandising, technical recording or gear related factoids, etc. Get creative!

Please do not use this thread for time sensitive questions, personal conversations and customer service related questions. If you have a personal question related to your membership account, a site related technical issue, or merchandise order, please reference our “Help” link here:http://pearljam.com/help

or the FAQ link here: http://pearljam.com/faq or email the appropriate department.

Deadline: There is no deadline. This will be an ongoing thread.

Enjoy!

10c

Why are you reposting this?

Also, I d love if pj said something like: get ready us/Canada, 2016 is gonna be big.
    You know some sort of hint like they used to.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    mcgruff10 said:

Also, I d love if pj said something like: get ready us/Canada, 2016 is gonna be big.

I actually think they don't do that now because it wouldn't be a good idea to come out and say, "The band is kind of winding down, slowly but surely, and we're really just taking it day by day at this point and have no idea what is going to happen next year."
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

I actually think they don't do that now because it wouldn't be a good idea to come out and say, "The band is kind of winding down, slowly but surely, and we're really just taking it day by day at this point and have no idea what is going to happen next year."
    Argh! Thanks Debbie downer lol
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Argh! Thanks Debbie downer lol

:lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,830
    edited July 2015
    Who is running Pearl Jam's social media pages? What is up with their Twitter & Tumblr pages retweeting Latin America Pearl Jam 2015 tickets from fans? One was taken down from Twitter day's back. There's 2 still up on Tumblr. There is one still up that clearly show's the bar code / serial number. Over the weekend I found 3 other fan's who also posted their whole ticket with fan's retweeting it, in high rez quality.

ps .. don't post images of your complete concert tickets online that clearly show's the serial number / bar code for everyone to see. If you want to take as many photos as you possibly can of your ticket so you can post it publicly online, do it AFTER the event. Not months in advance.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Who is running Pearl Jam's social media pages? What is up with their Twitter & Tumblr pages retweeting Latin America Pearl Jam 2015 tickets from fans? One was taken down from Twitter day's back. There's 2 still up on Tumblr. There is one still up that clearly show's the bar code / serial number. Over the weekend I found 3 other fan's who also posted their whole ticket with fan's retweeting it, in high rez quality.

ps .. don't post images of your complete concert tickets online that clearly show's the serial number / bar code for everyone to see. If you want to take as many photos as you possibly can of your ticket so you can post it publicly online, do it AFTER the event. Not months in advance.

Probably some 'intern' who should know better.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    *why do I keep getting kicked out of the forum when on my phone? When I click on a thread, and either post or click the forum section (AET) it reverts me back to the mobile version and then tells me I have to sign in. I click 'sign in' but it just re-loads the page. I tried clicking on 'full site' but I still have to click on 'log in' and it switches me to the mobile site again.

*I am now on my computer, and when I did the same thing, instead of kicking me out of the forum, it tells me "we are at capacity, please try again later" there are only 109 members plus 49 guests. I think the forum can handle more people than that...yes/no?

*would the members of PJ please donate something to my fundraiser raffle at: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244814/please-donate-to-cancer-research-as-i-race-from-base-2-space/p1 ? image
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ^^^^ This was posted in the technical help forum and Sea is working on it. :)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^^ This was posted in the technical help forum and Sea is working on it. :)

gotcha...Thanks Sea!

now, about the last part of my post...image
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Can't someone just update us on the reissue program? A simple yes or no or we're working on it would be great.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    In 13' an interview with Stone about Moonlander he said they were going to be reissued eventually. Is it Sony Legacy or the band that are holding these up?
    www.cluthelee.com