Options

An Evening Celebrating The Who with Pete Townshend, Eddie Vedder Thursday, May 14, 2015

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Suziemay said:

Did EV first meet PT at LA CA Psychoderelict show? I thought I read that somewhere. That art music-theatre-play was so amazing. Only time I ever saw Pete solo.

Pete talks about it here. I missed what he said and meant to go back and listen but he talks about it: http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2015/04/20/youve-always-been-a-great-champion-of-what-we-do-in-chicago-hear-pete-townshend-converse-with-the-lin-brehmer/
    Wow, thanks for posting that. To think EV met PT a block away from where I work in Berkeley, good stuff!

Can't wait for this event!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

Flippers gonna take a beating on this one.

May have to call in sick, and go to the show.
    Cuz I have a feeling I will be able to get $500 tickets for about $17.25.

I'd call that a bargain!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,151

N_Jay_H said:

Prices keep dropping!
    You are going to get $500 tickets for less than $100.

I'm just hoping to grab a $100 ticket for $100 the day of.
    I have a feeling you will be able to do much better than that.

It's actually a win-win situation here. The flippers donated the big money to the charity. And the true fans, who were not able to score the cheaper seats, are now able to go to the show.

Very true. About 93% of the Ticketmaster seats sold, so Teenage Cancer America will get most of the expected $, which looks like a considerably large sum. Fans are already finding good deals (which should get even better). Awesome result!
  • Options
    bbisonbbison Posts: 219
    The venue may get bulldozed (though not before next week!)
    dailyherald.com/article/20150506/business/150509253/
    Is this where the show list goes?

11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-9-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 / 10-25-03 
    10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 / 10-21-13
    11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 / 4-8-16 / 4-9-16
     4-28-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16 / 8-10-18 / 8-18-18 / 8-20-18
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793
    And haven't I taught you flippers anything over the years?

Flipping 101
    Buy LOW...Sell HIGH!

Not spend a fortune on already expensive tickets, thinking you are going to send your kids to college on the profit.

PLUS its a CHARITY EVENT!
    Have some morals.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    milehimarkmilehimark Posts: 22
    I'm posting again. I have one extra $250 in Sec 112 row CC ticket due to my father-in-law being unable to make it (he's going to be out of town). I'm looking for face value. PM if you are interested.
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171

550 seats available on stub hub
    200 or so? available on ticketmaster...

Who knows, maybe they will do a big ticket/price drop, and everyone will be able to get their tickets for $100 or so.

I just did a quick count on TicketMaster, bored at work, and I came up with 372 tickets available. Plus the 556 on StubHub, should make for some good prices next week.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,435
    N_Jay_H said:

Who knows, maybe they will do a big ticket/price drop, and everyone will be able to get their tickets for $100 or so.

I just did a quick count on TicketMaster, bored at work, and I came up with 372 tickets available. Plus the 556 on StubHub, should make for some good prices next week.
    Not to mention all the tickets for sale on Craigslist/Chicago, Ebay and this forum.

Lot's of opportunities for low prices tickets come next week!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    JG64307JG64307 Posts: 37
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    releaseNYreleaseNY In my private universe Posts: 153
    So basically if these seats on TM, StubHub, etc. don't find a home, about 1/4 of the venue will be empty.
    you paid to get in, you're free to leave.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I hope they have good security to prevent people in the cheap seats from moving into higher priced seats that they didn't pay for.
    Post edited by JG64307 on
  • Options
    JG64307 said:

I hope they have good security to prevent people in the cheap seats from moving into higher priced seats that they didn't pay for.

People in the cheap seats moving up?

You mean half the people on this board?
    Hahahaha
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 923
    JG64307 said:

If the seats are empty who the hell cares?
    Ill be moving up, if at all possible... hopefully to the seat directly in front of you lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    StubHub just dropped their tickets another $20.00 today! At this rate Tickets will be below $100 by Monday.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    Craigslist/Chicago has four tickets for $150.00/each as of today! Tickets are now becoming affordable.
  • Options
    Coco: The tickets didn't drop by $20, just the lowest pair did. There's always one person at a time willing to drop their prices so high as to get an instant sale.
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Just got an email from the Rosemont Theater saying more tickets have just been released. I went to check and was able to pull some $250 seats. Go get em!
  • Options
    JG64307 said:

Coco: The tickets didn't drop by $20, just the lowest pair did. There's always one person at a time willing to drop their prices so high as to get an instant sale.

Majority of the cheaper tickets have dropped or lowered as of last night. The average lower prices tickets were around $180-$200 and now today they are $160-$180.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539

JG64307 said:

Majority of the cheaper tickets have dropped or lowered as of last night. The average lower prices tickets were around $180-$200 and now today they are $160-$180.
    Vivid seats has tickets priced as low as $125
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 923
    Wow, ALOT of 250 tickets available now, thinkin they shoulda cut the ticket prices in half to begin with or maybe had it at an even smaller venue.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options

JG64307 said:

Wow! Looks like I am officially going. Going to wait a few more days but $122.00 tickets on Vivid Seats... that's nuts! Thanks for the heads up Bentlyspop.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

N_Jay_H said:

Prices keep dropping!
    You are going to get $500 tickets for less than $100.

I'm just hoping to grab a $100 ticket for $100 the day of.
    I have a feeling you will be able to do much better than that.

It's actually a win-win situation here. The flippers donated the big money to the charity. And the true fans, who were not able to score the cheaper seats, are now able to go to the show.

• Options

JG64307 said:

Wow! Looks like I am officially going. Going to wait a few more days but $122.00 tickets on Vivid Seats... that's nuts! Thanks for the heads up Bentlyspop.
    Why wait?
    Go get your tickets for $122
  • Options

JG64307 said:

Why wait?
    I'm thinking I will. That's a great price. Part of me is also wondering if these tickets will drop even more by next week. Hmmmmmm...
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

N_Jay_H said:

Not to mention all the tickets for sale on Craigslist/Chicago, Ebay and this forum.

Is anybody actually GOING to this fucking concert???? :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

JG64307 said:

Why wait?
    I'm thinking I will. That's a great price. Part of me is also wondering if these tickets will drop even more by next week. Hmmmmmm...
    I'm waiting for next week. You should be able to get a better seat than the one that is $122 right now.
  • Options

N_Jay_H said:

Is anybody actually GOING to this fucking concert???? :)
    When this show was announced I thought getting tickets was going to be like VIC tickets in 2007. In other words... NO CHANCE IN HELL. Still find it hard to believe I might find a ticket below a hundred dollars come show time. Unbelievable. Wont complain. :)
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,151
    I'm not so sure that they actually "released" tickets. I think the $250 seats that I was able to pull today were $500 yesterday.

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    I'm guessing more people will be going after the cheap seats a day or two before the show. Seems like a lot of people are holding out to buy... at least on this thread. I also wouldn't be too surprised if 10c offers a last-second sale for tickets (the $1,000 tickets for '05 Katrina included a late $40/ticket sale for 10c members).
  • Options
    3days said:

I'm not so sure that they actually "released" tickets. I think the $250 seats that I was able to pull today were $500 yesterday.

You are correct. Those were the 4 rows that had every seat available.