Options

An Evening Celebrating The Who with Pete Townshend, Eddie Vedder Thursday, May 14, 2015

Comments

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

I'm gonna regret not going to this one. You guys are gonna be in for a ridiculously special night.

I've already been regretting it for the last 4 weeks ha. I'm going to especially regret it when I read the reviews and setlist tomorrow morning.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    JG64307JG64307 Posts: 37
    edited May 2015

JG64307 said:

I unloaded all of my 14 extras on Stubhub Saturday and Sunday. Took a huge loss, but glad I'm missing the latest bloodbath.

Has anyone heard anything back on the tax-deductibility of these? I had a good email dialog going with someone from Teen Cancer America who said she was working with accountants at the venue, who would be handing that and she was going to get back to me. But she stopped responding.

How/why the fuck would anyone have 14 extra tickets to a show where they cost $100-1000? Are you crazy and/or super rich? :)
    I posted a few pages earlier. 3 extras were $1000, 6 were $750, and the rest were $500 seats. Not super rich. Perhaps a bit crazy. Going to look into minimizing my loss through either capital loss provision in tax code or charity deduction. Going to need to see what the fair market value declaration of these is from Teen Cancer America. I think I can save more from declaring these a capital loss and deducting $3000 this year and $3000 next year against wages at the marginal bracket, however.
  • Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    Upgraded today from balcony to floor
  • Options
    JG64307 said:

JG64307 said:

I unloaded all of my 14 extras on Stubhub Saturday and Sunday. Took a huge loss, but glad I'm missing the latest bloodbath.

Has anyone heard anything back on the tax-deductibility of these? I had a good email dialog going with someone from Teen Cancer America who said she was working with accountants at the venue, who would be handing that and she was going to get back to me. But she stopped responding.

How/why the fuck would anyone have 14 extra tickets to a show where they cost $100-1000? Are you crazy and/or super rich? :)
    I posted a few pages earlier. 3 extras were $1000, 6 were $750, and the rest were $500 seats. Not super rich. Perhaps a bit crazy. Going to look into minimizing my loss through either capital loss provision in tax code or charity deduction. Going to need to see what the fair market value declaration of these is from Teen Cancer America. I think I can save more from declaring these a capital loss and deducting $3000 this year and $3000 next year against wages at the marginal bracket, however.
    So $10,000 on some tickets on your credit card this month. And you're not super rich? Seriously? But like did you think you had 14 friends who said they were going with you? Or like how/why did you end up buying 14 tickets for TEN GRAND.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,929

JG64307 said:

JG64307 said:

So $10,000 on some tickets on your credit card this month. And you're not super rich? Seriously? But like did you think you had 14 friends who said they were going with you? Or like how/why did you end up buying 14 tickets for TEN GRAND.
    As much as every one of us would LOVE to know how and why he ended up with all these tickets...

Im guessing its none of our damned business.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    edited May 2015
    JG64307 said:

JG64307 said:

Now I see why you wanted some of us to get bad karma last week.
    Post edited by coco butter on
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Just hit me: Ed making The Who's setlist and organizing their show would be like one of us writing the setlist for a PJ show. Has to be one of the best music days of his life.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800

Just hit me: Ed making The Who's setlist and organizing their show would be like one of us writing the setlist for a PJ show. Has to be one of the best music days of his life.

Ukelele version of Baba O'Riley coming right up!
    (probably not)
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    When are the major price drops going to happen? I'm still waiting on that 1 ticket for under $100.
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    N_Jay_H said:

When are the major price drops going to happen? I'm still waiting on that 1 ticket for under $100.

Not sure. I was pulling the trigger on a couple in the 150 range but they were the last minute pickup option(not instant download). The expired at 1pm, I clicked submit at 1pm so I didn't get them.

I wonder what happens to those tickets? There were 6 available, now all gone.

I'm still debating about going or watching the Bulls lol. My gf doesn't really want to go on top of that. Idk what to do. Just gonna ride the wave
  • Options

N_Jay_H said:

Not sure. I was pulling the trigger on a couple in the 150 range but they were the last minute pickup option(not instant download). The expired at 1pm, I clicked submit at 1pm so I didn't get them.

I wonder what happens to those tickets? There were 6 available, now all gone.

I'm still debating about going or watching the Bulls lol. My gf doesn't really want to go on top of that. Idk what to do. Just gonna ride the wave
    I saw those, too. Why would they not have the last minute pick-up at the venue and not downtown?
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    The last minute for this event as at the Hilton or some hotel like that about 4 blocks from the venue is what I saw
  • Options
    If you log in to Stubhub, you should be able to see this:

https://sell.stubhub.com/simweb/sim/services/priceanalysis?eventId=9295539

Which shows you sell prices. Volume is off the charts today. People are buying left and right.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Some guy sold a couple of 109U tix for $49 a piece which would yield him maybe $70. I guess he wanted a few cases of beer for them.

Or, more likely, he accidently left off the last "0" when lowering prices to $490/ticket and someone took advantage of it.
    Post edited by JG64307 on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    Just upgraded to front of balcony. Sweet. Would have been sweeter if I waited on just bought similar seats on stub hub for 60% less, but oh well.
  • Options

JG64307 said:

JG64307 said:

As much as every one of us would LOVE to know how and why he ended up with all these tickets...

Im guessing its none of our damned business.
    You're probably right. I retract my earlier questions. I don't know if it's wise to brag about having a spare $10,000 to spend on tickets you don't plan on using... whether it was foolish purchasing OR hoping to scalp for $20,000.... I'm not sure and I guess it doesn't matter. :) Just crazy to read.

• Options
    Agreed.
    Crazy to read.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094

Agreed.
    Crazy to read.

so you are in town and not going? why the fuck not? just spend the goddamn $150 and go! you won't regret it! so you have a few fewer tacos this month! go to the damn show!

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ajgonzalajgonzal Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    Looks like the price drop is coming. Those interested, $100 seats are at the back of Sec 110 on TM. Looks to be around 10 of them.
  • Options

Agreed.
    Crazy to read.

so you are in town and not going? why the fuck not? just spend the goddamn $150 and go! you won't regret it! so you have a few fewer tacos this month! go to the damn show!

In town?
    I live 2 miles from the venue.

Can't get off work.
    Oh well

No tacos for me.
  • Options
    Just grabbed them and will flip on Stubhub for $160!

Kidding. Kindof.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    What time do doors open?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094

Agreed.
    Crazy to read.

In town?
    I live 2 miles from the venue.

Can't get off work.
    Oh well

No tacos for me.
    oh, didn't know you were working during the time of the show. shazbut.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,568
    CopperTom said:

What time do doors open?

Doors at 6:30 is what the phone box office told me

• Options

CopperTom said:

What time do doors open?

Doors at 6:30 is what the phone box office told me

Thanks!
  • Options
    I hate to be the guy to ask, but is there outdoor merch?
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    CopperTom said:

Yes, but it's just unused ticket stubs.
  • Options
    ajgonzal said:

Looks like the price drop is coming. Those interested, $100 seats are at the back of Sec 110 on TM. Looks to be around 10 of them.

Thanks for that. Grabbed one right after you posted!
  • Options
    tschav said:

CopperTom said:

Yes, but it's just unused ticket stubs.
    Ha!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    N_Jay_H said:

ajgonzal said:

Thanks for that. Grabbed one right after you posted!
    I just checked TM and the prices are still the same. Is that because I tried from my phone?

I do have a ticket and was just curious what would pop-up.