Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    I hope in 2015 Pearl Jam will be able to release a few of their albums @ the Pono Music Store in 24 Bit 192 kHz quality. If they are working on the reissue of No Code & Yield for '15, please let it be released in 192 kHz glory!! O:-)
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    Ok, so mine landed in Australia. Now I don't normally whinge and am still happy i got the Pono, but have to note I am extremely disappointed with how it is presented.

Australia is one country that blocked the Bamboo box, but to have nothing in its place to make it a true collectible for $415 USD about $500 AUD, it's unbelievable to me.

It is only presented in the card board box it was delivered in, of which you have to rip open to get to the player.

Fark me. Really poor.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664

Ok, so mine landed in Australia. Now I don't normally whinge and am still happy i got the Pono, but have to note I am extremely disappointed with how it is presented.

Australia is one country that blocked the Bamboo box, but to have nothing in its place to make it a true collectible for $415 USD about $500 AUD, it's unbelievable to me.

It is only presented in the card board box it was delivered in, of which you have to rip open to get to the player.

Fark me. Really poor.

that really isn't good at all
  • VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    edited December 2014
    Mine arrived on Friday (Burlington, Ontario, Canada) via UPS - wasn't home so we got the delivery sticker - complete with $98 COD charge - I say the previous posts on how to self clear the item via CBSA but still the charge is ridiculous
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
  • PS- One of my buddies was one of the ones who had December 8th listed as the ship date but with no further updates at all since then. He just got an email from myUPS that delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Hope it's the same for the rest of you who are waiting.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815

:-bd
  • BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466

Nice! How does it sound?
  • UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,373
    edited December 2014
    Fuck Mine was scheduled to ship on the 9th, I went to bed last night with nothing still listed since the sticker was printed, and I went to post office this morning and came back to an attempted delivery status.. Fuckin pissed right now!!! Oh well hope wife is home when they try tomorrow.

Also it says 2 packages from pono is the sd card packed separate?
    Post edited by Umbertotamba on
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
    It sounds really good. Worth the wait.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    how's everyones battery holding up? Mine seems to get only 6-8 hours of continuous playback when hooked up to my home stereo...seems a lil light to me.

What was the original spec on battery life? I charged it fully upon receiving last month, and it seems to have gotten less playback as time has gone by

Fuck Mine was scheduled to ship on the 9th, I went to bed last night with nothing still listed since the sticker was printed, and I went to post office this morning and came back to an attempted delivery status.. Fuckin pissed right now!!! Oh well hope wife is home when they try tomorrow.

Also it says 2 packages from pono is the sd card packed separate?

Nope, the SD card was in the Bamboo Box with the Pono Player. Did you just back the Pono Player? or did you get something else?

• Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229

PS- One of my buddies was one of the ones who had December 8th listed as the ship date but with no further updates at all since then. He just got an email from myUPS that delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. Hope it's the same for the rest of you who are waiting.

Your post got me excited that I went in and checked my tracking info and while it's not set for delivery today there was finally additional information on it's whereabouts. Scheduled delivery date of 12/22. WooHoo!

RM

• Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Quick question for the folks with their Pono players. What library interface are you using to manage your Pono music files? Are you just leveraging Windows media player for this?

RM
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Quick question for the folks with their Pono players. What library interface are you using to manage your Pono music files? Are you just leveraging Windows media player for this?

RM

PONO music world..... but it can be a pain in the ass
    I would recommend having a few drinks before using it.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    lolobugg wrote: »
    Quick question for the folks with their Pono players. What library interface are you using to manage your Pono music files? Are you just leveraging Windows media player for this? <br />
    <br />
    RM<br />
    <br />
    PONO music world..... but it can be a pain in the ass<br />
    I would recommend having a few drinks before using it.

Too funny. I've read on another forum that you don't really need to use a library interface. You should be able to drag and drop files to the Pono just using a regular window. I also read that this way is faster than using the JRiver Pono Music World software. I don't have a Pono of my own, so don't take my word as the gospel, however.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    CROJAM95 wrote: »
    how's everyones battery holding up? Mine seems to get only 6-8 hours of continuous playback when hooked up to my home stereo...seems a lil light to me.<br />
    <br />
    What was the original spec on battery life? I charged it fully upon receiving last month, and it seems to have gotten less playback as time has gone by

Nevermind....official site states up to 8 hours of playback. So I guess mine is within range, I just thought it would last longer....around the house no problem, traveling 8hrs goes quick

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited December 2014
    Sorry...wrong thread!!

Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

I have been just dragging flac files directly to the pono player.

when you do it this way.... does it import the artwork as well?
    I would rather not deal with PMW until they work out the bugs.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    edited December 2014
    So, for those who have yet to get delivery. UPS wanted $98 from me for COD. I am in Canada. I self cleared as someone here recommended (thank you) and it just cost me the tax - about $60 on the 450 Canadian (you have to bring your receipt). Canada Border Services (CBSA) was nice and quick, less than 15 minutes but the location was 25 minutes away...so I saved about $40 if you don't factor in effort, gas and time...now I have to send the receipt to UPS (showing that I self-cleared) and they will then schedule a re-delivery...quite an ordeal to get it delivered - is it worth the self clearing (that's for you to decide - I personally am not so sure for $40), regardless, now I can't wait to get it.
    Cheers,
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

Compared to what?
    www.cluthelee.com
    lolobugg wrote: »

when you do it this way.... does it import the artwork as well?
    I would rather not deal with PMW until they work out the bugs.

Yes, so I followed the same format as the one Neil Young Song that was included with my pono, in a folder with the music file and a .jpg for the art work.

Compared to what?

My Ipod.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

That's what I've been doing too. Been adding the files to the Music folders in the both PONOPLAYER (57.4 GB) & Removable Disk (59.4 GB) HD's.

• On another note, I just realized I have PJ Pono 479/495.

4+7+9 = 20 = PJ20.

Asking $10,000 or best offer.
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    On another note, I just realized I have PJ Pono 479/495.

4+7+9 = 20 = PJ20.

Asking $10,000 or best offer.

bwahahahaaahahaaahaaahaaa
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    Mine shows delivery tomorrow, can't wait but the label was printed on 12/8. For all the others still waiting hope they get it soon!!!
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
    My pono arrived today! I had ripped my Benny on vinyl at 192/24 FLAC and have been listening to that using my phone through my stereo with Bose speakers and I thought THAT sounded fantastic.... BUT listening to that Benny vinyl rip on the same system using the pono is absolutely incredible! Time to invest in some $300 headphones I think too!
    My pono arrived today! I had ripped my Benny on vinyl at 192/24 FLAC and have been listening to that using my phone through my stereo with Bose speakers and I thought THAT sounded fantastic.... BUT listening to that Benny vinyl rip on the same system using the pono is absolutely incredible! Time to invest in some $300 headphones I think too!

that sounds awesome.
    you haven't happened to share that version on any "sites" by chance???

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2