Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493

"No justice, no peace"

Seriously? So since its apparent that Wilson acted in self defense and the evidence shows that Brown was the aggressor, the "citizens" of Ferguson are going to make THEIR city a war zone. Makes perfect sense to me.

I don't think people really knew what they wanted so "justice" just became this balanket phrase which had no meaning. This whole thing has boiled down to people just saying hashtags for everything. North City has always been a warzone, even with all the cries or black lives matter there have been close to 35 murders since August 30.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

dignin said:

dignin said:

Browns death is maybe the straw that breaks the camels back, or at least I hope so.

The system is broken.

What do you expect to see changed?
    You can go back in this thread (and others) and see plenty of evidence posted about what is wrong with the system, police abuse and obvious racial profiling among other things.

I could go on and on but I think a good place to start is to watch this documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0atL1HSwi8

The system is rigged and fucked.
    Ok, but what was rigged in this case?
    Did I say this case? No

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    Had Wilson been indicted I'm not sure we wouldn't still be seeing these same scenes.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Had Wilson been indicted I'm not sure we wouldn't still be seeing these same scenes.

I agree. There are bigger problems than just this one incident.

• Options
    Barrage of gunfire on MSNBC. Reporter just had to fall back.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I don't see why Brown's death would be the straw that broke the camel's back. How is the system broken if the there was no wrong doing during this case?

IMO, the problem was the constant media coverage. The misinformation that was being spread by every media outlet was doing nothing but fueling the fire that ultimately led to what's happening in Ferguson now.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,624
    Nothing says "we don't need such a strong police presence" like looting and shootings.
  • Options

I don't see why Brown's death would be the straw that broke the camel's back. How is the system broken if the there was no wrong doing during this case?

IMO, the problem was the constant media coverage. The misinformation that was being spread by every media outlet was doing nothing but fueling the fire that ultimately led to what's happening in Ferguson now.

That's not what I'm getting at. Did you take the time to look at the clip I posted?

• Options
    dignin said:

That's not what I'm getting at. Did you take the time to look at the clip I posted?

No. I will. Sorry I misinterpreted.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    As Cindy Lauper sings...True Colors shing through..... We may be witnessing the start of a Major Race War throughout the country . Shitcago is blowing up now 2, they just took over Lake Shore Drive making their way towards federal Plaza. This week really is gonna Suck....be Safe out there first Responders...
  • Options

This has been a lesson about the powers of social media. Everyone instantly took everything they hard in the first moments of this shooting as gospel and everything else was goj g to be bullshit if it didn't fit their narrative. In the shooting by my house it was first reported that the guy shot had a sand which not a gun, and everyone believed it even when it turned out he had a stolen gun and took three shots at the cop then the gun jammed and the cops returned fire, and even though all evidence supports that people still believe he just had a sand which.

• Options

dignin said:

No. I will. Sorry I misinterpreted.
    No problem man.

I'm just trying to look at the bigger picture here.

• Options
    apirk72 said:

This has been a lesson about the powers of social media. Everyone instantly took everything they hard in the first moments of this shooting as gospel and everything else was goj g to be bullshit if it didn't fit their narrative. In the shooting by my house it was first reported that the guy shot had a sand which not a gun, and everyone believed it even when it turned out he had a stolen gun and took three shots at the cop then the gun jammed and the cops returned fire, and even though all evidence supports that people still believe he just had a sand which.

Not everyone.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    True not everyone

And boy do I suck typing on this tablet

I wonder if all these fires were orchestrated by some group like the new black panthers party or a different one.
  • Options
    I understand the anger but rhetoric like this didn't help the situation tonight.

Missouri State Sen: 'This is St. Louis' Race War': http://youtu.be/qsK1CNEpKr8

• Options
    I'm listening to Missouri state highway patrol scanner. It interesting to listen to the information the dispatcher is giving the cops as they send them to the various locations.
  • Options
    They are burning the oreillys and the advanced auto shops. Just don't bitch tomorrow when you need an alternator or a serpentine belt and can't find one.
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 760
    Death. Dead and died. Ramifications; permanent.

Killed by the cop's bullets. Prevalent and avoidable.

Choose life. Choose peace. Individual, not collective.

Desire serenity.

Anger, hostility, and pride vs duty, purpose, and survival.

We are all in this together.

Ignore the hustlers. Reflect and share true natural love.
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,261
    well. my tv/cable is going out. probably a good thing. everyone in other cities that might have protests, stay safe. see you all around here later.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Is this was revolution looks like!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Reading Wilson's official story! Unreal...

http://apps.stlpublicradio.org/ferguson-project/evidence.html
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

dignin said:

Browns death is maybe the straw that breaks the camels back, or at least I hope so.

The system is broken.

I'm not saying the system does not have its flaws, but is it possible that the grand jury ruled correctly based on the evidence they had?

I've heard no shots in the back. I've heard Brown attacked several times. I've heard DNA on pants, shirt, and inside car of Wilson's. I've also heard many key witnesses recanted their testimony- saying they were influenced by social media.

They are releasing all the evidence from what I have heard. This should help make things a little clearer, but it really is hard to know what to think given the media playing us like fiddles over the last few months.
    Browns blood is on handle and trigger of Wilson's gun.Ahhhh,how did it get there I wonder without browns hand being on the gun?Must be a conspiracy of the crime scene guys and DA and Police and Grand Jury civilians OR like many on here have stated Brown was at fault.He was criminal who disobeyed and tried to assault a cop and take his gun.Now idiots are burning it all down.Way to shine in the spotlight Ferguson.Classy.Im sure your message just got thru load and clear.....

• Options
    rr165892 said:

dignin said:

The system is broken.

I'm not saying the system does not have its flaws, but is it possible that the grand jury ruled correctly based on the evidence they had?

I've heard no shots in the back. I've heard Brown attacked several times. I've heard DNA on pants, shirt, and inside car of Wilson's. I've also heard many key witnesses recanted their testimony- saying they were influenced by social media.

They are releasing all the evidence from what I have heard. This should help make things a little clearer, but it really is hard to know what to think given the media playing us like fiddles over the last few months.
    Browns blood is on handle and trigger of Wilson's gun.Ahhhh,how did it get there I wonder without browns hand being on the gun?Must be a conspiracy of the crime scene guys and DA and Police and Grand Jury civilians OR like many on here have stated Brown was at fault.He was criminal who disobeyed and tried to assault a cop and take his gun.Now idiots are burning it all down.Way to shine in the spotlight Ferguson.Classy.Im sure your message just got thru load and clear.....

I haven't seen this blood on handle and trigger evidence? If it was then it proves nothing other then blood traveling to handle and trigger which could have gotten there when Brown pushed the gun away when "Wilson shot in Brown's direction". If Brown's fingerprints or non blood dna which don't splatter and travel were found on trigger and handle then that's a completely different story.
  • Options
    Having seen the Wilson face photos, my dull razor does more damage then aggressive face hulk Hogan did to Wilson's.

If Brown did in fact say "you're to much of a pussy to shoot me" i would tend to agree, Wilson does look like a total wuss.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

rr165892 said:

dignin said:

The system is broken.

I haven't seen this blood on handle and trigger evidence? If it was then it proves nothing other then blood traveling to handle and trigger which could have gotten there when Brown pushed the gun away when "Wilson shot in Brown's direction". If Brown's fingerprints or non blood dna which don't splatter and travel were found on trigger and handle then that's a completely different story.
    Quit with the critical thinking.

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Cnn's Don Lemon: "protesters are throwing rocks..smashing police car windows..and starting fires.....there is a strong smell marajuana in the air"

"Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited November 2014
    apirk72 said:

True not everyone

And boy do I suck typing on this tablet

I wonder if all these fires were orchestrated by some group like the new black panthers party or a different one.

With my best Gump voice.... Sorry I ruined your black panther party.
    Post edited by Wma31394 on
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I think that prosecutor did a good job with his 45 minute explanation. If he would have just went out there for 5 minutes and dropped the decision I think violence (more then what went down) would have erupted.

No wonder the decision was delayed. He must have been working on that speech for the last two weeks.