Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Speaking of jobs =))
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Speaking of jobs =))

Huh?
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Speaking of jobs =))

http://youtu.be/1Y_7P9Ce9Uc
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Speaking of jobs =))

=))
    edited October 2014
    Inside joke I'm guessing?
    Or... Inside Job?? ;-)
    Post edited by whispering hands on

Or... Inside Job?? ;-)

Correct! =))
    badbrains said:

Or... Inside Job?? ;-)

Correct! =))
    The answer my friend is BLOWING in the wind
    The answer is BLOWING in the wind

=))
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Ah shit!! Lmao!! We really do need an over the head smiley.., hahahahahaha!! That was not an intended pun!!
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I didn't want to know your stupid question anyway!

Ah shit!! Lmao!! We really do need an over the head smiley.., hahahahahaha!! That was not an intended pun!!

Or an X-Rated area for us to post =))
    Lmao!
    Anybody not like pumpkin?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

I'm not like pumpkin.

I'm not like pumpkin.
    I see what happened there...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I'm not like pumpkin.
    :D

Pumpkin pie and the roasted seeds are the only pumpkin-related things I like. Plus Jack O'Lanterns.

(and, I should add this to the Pet Peeves thread but screw it, I'm here and it's related. Why do some people call it "punkin"?)
    My wife makes a killer pumpkin roll. But I don't like them.
    What IS a pumpkin roll?

And, what are thoughts on Grand Theft Auto?

Yesterday evening, our cable and internet were out for a bit (ARMAGEDDON!)...lighting insufficient to read, played with the cats for awhile, watched an old Sopranos on DVD.

Husband came home, had a bite and one of those good talks about nothing and everything, then hooked up GTA.

I hadn't played it in awhile and am unashamed at my glee in the virtual destruction I caused.

It was a fucking blast and unabashed release.

So yeah...answers to my two questions please!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2014
    I like pumpkin roasted in the oven with garlic and butter, in homemade ravioli and in a savoury soup. All this pumpkin craziness here in America confuses me. Pumpkin spice is basically what we put into our Pfefferkuchen/ pepper cakes / spice biscuits whatever you wanna call it. It is something like the christmas time spice combo. But I dig the versatility of the vegetable and the creativity of how people are using it over here.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
    You had me at garlic and butter :x
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

I like pumpkin roasted in the oven with garlic and butter, in homemade ravioli and in a savoury soup. All this pumpkin craziness here in America confuses me. Pumpkin spice is basically what we put into our Pfefferkuchen/ pepper cakes / spice biscuits whatever you wanna call it. It is something like the christmas time spice combo. But I dig the versatility of the vegetable and the creativity of how people are using it over here.

Is pfeffernusse German?

I love those.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728

badbrains said:

Or... Inside Job?? ;-)

Correct! =))
    The answer my friend is BLOWING in the wind
    The answer is BLOWING in the wind

=))
    You are both soooooooo subtle or I just have a dirty mind....
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    hedonist said:

You had me at garlic and butter :x

Yep
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    hedonist said:

What IS a pumpkin roll?

Yesterday evening, our cable and internet were out for a bit (ARMAGEDDON!)...lighting insufficient to read, played with the cats for awhile, watched an old Sopranos on DVD.

Husband came home, had a bite and one of those good talks about nothing and everything, then hooked up GTA.

I hadn't played it in awhile and am unashamed at my glee in the virtual destruction I caused.

Based on my experience it is a roll or bread made with pumpkin as the wet ingredient.

As for GTA I don't play video games but sometimes it is just a shit-ton of fun to maim and destroy without doing any harm.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2014
    ldent42 said:

Is pfeffernusse German?

I love those.
    Yup, Pfeffernüsse are German. It is one variety of the christmas spice bakery stuff :) They are round, soft, and glazed with a white sugar coating. It's a kind of gingerbread.

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
    hedonist said:

What IS a pumpkin roll?

Grand Theft Auto is always fun. The amount of work that goes into a game like that is incredible.
    hedonist said:

What IS a pumpkin roll?

My wife sells pumkin rolls and those cookies every year during the holidays. She makes enough scratch to get most of tbs Xmas shopping done. They sell like hot cakes.

Oh this is rich.

While I think the gaming bug has nudged my ass some (hello, Gran Turismo!), craving THAT up there (with a cup of strong coffee) has taken a front seat.

Motherfuckers.
    A law firm spends about $1500 for those platters every year for their holiday parties.
    Nice! Kudos to your wife.

Guessing you reap the benefits in some way...?

"Babe, I WANT to help! Allow me to make sure they're worthy of the law firm's standards."
    Lol. Absolutely not. I dont get anywhere near that kitchen when she's in pumpkin roll mode!
This discussion has been closed.