Options

Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

What's up with the "here in the real world" mentions I've seen in some of the threads? Have I been living in a fake world all this time? With fake plastic trees?

there is PJ world and real world...
    Aahh...thank you for clearing that up for me. :)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    RKCNDY said:

Boys are so lucky...us girls have to levitate or hold it. I go with the latter because there is no way I'm even attempting to pee at a concert *shudder*.

I'm going to assume you don't go camping? I'm an "expert hover-er"
    There is big difference between hovering to pee in the bush and hovering to not come in contact with the petri dish of gross while peeing in a specific target. Option two requires more thought than peeing ever should. Besides I find that if I dance enough at a concert I dehydrate just enough before I have to pee. Very fine balance but I've done well with it so far.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    take your cup into the bathroom and pee in that, then dump it in the toilet and flush with your foot. I did that once when the only bathrooms were portapotties. Because no. I was quite proud of my ingenuity lol but that's the only time I've ever had to resort to something that desperate. Usually if you go BEFORE the show it's not bad. Then by the time you get out you won't be bursting.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

What's up with the "here in the real world" mentions I've seen in some of the threads? Have I been living in a fake world all this time? With fake plastic trees?

there is PJ world and real world...
    Aahh...thank you for clearing that up for me. :)
    Mr. Brains is spot on with this assessment
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

Boys are so lucky...us girls have to levitate or hold it. I go with the latter because there is no way I'm even attempting to pee at a concert *shudder*.

There is big difference between hovering to pee in the bush and hovering to not come in contact with the petri dish of gross while peeing in a specific target. Option two requires more thought than peeing ever should. Besides I find that if I dance enough at a concert I dehydrate just enough before I have to pee. Very fine balance but I've done well with it so far.
    I find it a tad bit harder to balance whilst peeing next to a bush and not pee on my pants or shoes. Anywho, I stop drinking by water about an hour before the show, and try to carry a cup of ice with me, keeps me hydrated enough, but doesn't make me feel like I need to run to the bathroom. :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    are you the only people who read the boards and have great sleep
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I find it a tad bit harder to balance whilst peeing next to a bush and not pee on my pants or shoes. Anywho, I stop drinking by water about an hour before the show, and try to carry a cup of ice with me, keeps me hydrated enough, but doesn't make me feel like I need to run to the bathroom. :)
    That's a cool idea....first I have to stop being such a beer slut, then maybe I can think about drinking water at a show. :P

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    My grandpa used to tell me that you could throw a check on the ground to see if it bounces. Is this true ?
  • Options
    Yes but only if check is filled out to Cash and if you don't pick it up afterwards :D

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Yes but only if check is filled out to Cash and if you don't pick it up afterwards :D

Lmao!! I see what you did there!!
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    ok, so I got a stupid question...now I know that "Call me Ishmael." is the opening line to Moby-Dick, and I know that it's the Narrator of the story but I've heard people say "Well call me Ishmael..." and I want to know what in the hell that means....???
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJSiren said:

ok, so I got a stupid question...now I know that "Call me Ishmael." is the opening line to Moby-Dick, and I know that it's the Narrator of the story but I've heard people say "Well call me Ishmael..." and I want to know what in the hell that means....???

from what I am trying to find on the webby world...the narrator simply says "call me..." he doesn't specify his name so it is implied that his name isn't Ishmael. So I suppose when people say that they are being 'haughty' and saying that instead of saying, "call me anything you want" or they are trying to remain incognito.

or something like that.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

from what I am trying to find on the webby world...the narrator simply says "call me..." he doesn't specify his name so it is implied that his name isn't Ishmael. So I suppose when people say that they are being 'haughty' and saying that instead of saying, "call me anything you want" or they are trying to remain incognito.

or something like that.
    Well, you found more than I did! lol I got no where...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited November 2014
    Ishmael is one kickass name (and book! damn my not previewing before posting).

Speaking of names, why do some parents spell their children's names as if penned in crayon by a five-year-old?
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    When you are pushing a stroller on a sidewalk don't you think that the stroller has the right of way? Why would you make the baby stroller veer off into the grass? Move your ass.
  • Options

When you are pushing a stroller on a sidewalk don't you think that the stroller has the right of way? Why would you make the baby stroller veer off into the grass? Move your ass.

Wheelchair vs stroller playing ~:> ?
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited November 2014

I agree with you, the stroller has the right of way. :) (but some people lack of common sense)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Speaking of names, why do some parents spell their children's names as if penned in crayon by a five-year-old?

I knew a girl in college and her sister named her daughter Pajama..the normal person reads that as night clothes.. But it was pronounced PAH-Ja-MAH, not Pa-JAM-Ma.
    That poor kid!! But not as bad as her brother( Pajama's brother), whose name was Shingles.
    Pronounced SHEEN-Glase.
    My friend had a rather normal name, Jaye- Kaye. But her sister, the kids' mother was named Armware.. Pronounced like the furniture piece..
    I can only imagine what these kids went through in school!!
  • Options
    I also showed horses with a girl
    Named Esprit.. After the line of clothing! Lol
  • Options

hedonist said:

I knew a girl in college and her sister named her daughter Pajama..the normal person reads that as night clothes.. But it was pronounced PAH-Ja-MAH, not Pa-JAM-Ma.
    That poor kid!! But not as bad as her brother( Pajama's brother), whose name was Shingles.
    Pronounced SHEEN-Glase.
    My friend had a rather normal name, Jaye- Kaye. But her sister, the kids' mother was named Armware.. Pronounced like the furniture piece..
    Haha...these take the fucking cake!

• Options

hedonist said:

Pronounced SHEEN-Glase.
    That beats the names of a couple of kids I went to grade school with.....Ever and Three.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

hedonist said:

Pronounced SHEEN-Glase.
    That beats the names of a couple of kids I went to grade school with.....Ever and Three.
    Lol that reminded me of that show Blossom, and her friend's name was Six! I wonder what the number thing was about? ( although I can't talk shit, I've had two dogs named Ten).
  • Options

SD48277 said:

hedonist said:

Pronounced SHEEN-Glase.
    Lol that reminded me of that show Blossom, and her friend's name was Six! I wonder what the number thing was about? ( although I can't talk shit, I've had two dogs named Ten).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u9fBnFCTB0
  • Options
    Aha hahahaha!!! My friend Amy named her oldest son Seven!! I totally forgot about that!!
  • Options

SD48277 said:

hedonist said:

Pronounced SHEEN-Glase.
    I don't know. All I can say is that I grew up in Woodstock, and stuff like that became the norm There are actually a few different women named Pixie in town and I worked with a guy whose parents named him Buck Rogers--true story.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

hedonist said:

Pronounced SHEEN-Glase.
    I don't know. All I can say is that I grew up in Woodstock, and stuff like that became the norm There are actually a few different women named Pixie in town and I worked with a guy whose parents named him Buck Rogers--true story.
    SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

hedonist said:

Pronounced SHEEN-Glase.
    I used to watch that show! Lol
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Guess I will pour a little something for our homies that are no longer with us. :(
  • Options

Guess I will pour a little something for our homies that are no longer with us. :(

It's odd you posted this and here of all places (no idea to whom you were referring but it just...fits).

Been thinking of one who recently passed.

Raising a glass with a :)

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    hedonist said:

It's odd you posted this and here of all places (no idea to whom you were referring but it just...fits).

Been thinking of one who recently passed.

Raising a glass with a :)

Nobody passed that I know of. It was a tongue in cheek reference to the op.
  • Options
    Oh.

Still, giving cheers to the one I was thinking of.

And nooo...I don't feel silly at all :-\"
This discussion has been closed.