Options

Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,799

SD48277 said:

yellowwho said:

yellowwho said:

Is it not cool to use blinkers while driving anymore ?

Those people piss me off. Like really piss me off
    Ya, I really don't think it's in style anymore.
    Just use your turn signals people. It's not that hard !!

This is one of my pet peeves, as well as people who don't know the meaning of yield (the traffic sign, not the album).
    A majority of Americans are selfish assholes. If you disagree, take 10-15 minutes of your time and sit at an intersection and observe
    I thought it was just me being super judgmental when I was in the Midwest last month but seriously I think I saw 4 people use their signals.
    Is the use of signals no longer taught in Drivers Ed????
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Not using your signal is still a ticketable offense (plus a lack of safety, courtesy and common sense). That's the whole point of it - to SIGNAL to those around what you intend to do.

I almost wish instinct didn't kick in when some dumbass is drifting into my lane as though I should know what they're trying to do. One day I'll let one of them hit me instead of slamming on my brakes.

Dummkopfs!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    hedonist said:

Not using your signal is still a ticketable offense (plus a lack of safety, courtesy and common sense). That's the whole point of it - to SIGNAL to those around what you intend to do.

I almost wish instinct didn't kick in when some dumbass is drifting into my lane as though I should know what they're trying to do. One day I'll let one of them hit me instead of slamming on my brakes.

Dummkopfs!

A ticketable offense =)) I haven't seen a police officer use one in awhile.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    another silly question, when you can ask authority instead who done it... why accuse the innocent to save a lying ass
  • Options

hedonist said:

Dummkopfs!

They should, dammit! And even moreso, on the woman (and people like her) who, while I was driving back to work just now, was so entranced by whatever was going on with her phone that she actually braked at a green light and cut me, all behind me, and HERSELF off.

Pulled next to her and I tried to give stink-eye but she was too embarrassed to even look at me. When the light changed, my car hauled ass to bypass her.

(I guess this begs the question...anyone else have a violent-fantasy spank-bank? :D)

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Dummkopfs!

They should, dammit! And even moreso, on the woman (and people like her) who, while I was driving back to work just now, was so entranced by whatever was going on with her phone that she actually braked at a green light and cut me, all behind me, and HERSELF off.

Pulled next to her and I tried to give stink-eye but she was too embarrassed to even look at me. When the light changed, my car hauled ass to bypass her.

(I guess this begs the question...anyone else have a violent-fantasy spank-bank? :D)

She should be embarrassed. I would have given her more than the stink-eye....I would have shown her the NY state bird.
    ;)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Dummkopfs!

She should be embarrassed. I would have given her more than the stink-eye....I would have shown her the NY state bird.
    ;)
    Ha! - much as I can go nuts (ie, yelling) within the confines of my car, I've never once flipped someone off! Too many nutso road-ragers on the streets of LA.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I've gotten outta my car and knocked on the window to tell at idiot drivers!! Lol but not here in Co. Here we have aMake My Day law where if you feel your life is being threatened.. You may shoot an asshole.. As long as there's a way to prove in court that you felt endangered.. Lol so I curb those instincts in this state for sure..
  • Options
    "Make my Day" law - based on Mr. Eastwood/Dirty Harry, I presume?

Yeah, it's like what my mom told me about (unprotected) sex when I was a kid.

"Those few minutes (!!!??) of pleasure aren't worth the consequences"
    :D

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Lmao!! Right???
    hedonist said:

"Make my Day" law - based on Mr. Eastwood/Dirty Harry, I presume?

Yeah, it's like what my mom told me about (unprotected) sex when I was a kid.

"Those few minutes (!!!??) of pleasure aren't worth the consequences"
    :D

• Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Dummkopfs!

Violent...fantasy...spank...bank

:))

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are !!
  • Options
    I think it qualifies as the best question of the thread!

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Where the hell did our recycle bin go? It's been missing since last Monday and I feel the urge to recycle!
  • Options
    Granted, it's not satisfying in the..."traditional" sense :-B

But oh how I thank my imagination for the wonderful forms of going to town on the little daily irritants.

The asshole on the elevator having a loud conversation.
    The person crossing the street against the light while on their phone, holding up traffic.
    Driver who tosses their cigarette butt out of the window.

Plus your garden-variety inconsiderate dick.

PLUS the ones who (in my book) deserve way more than the old VFSB :D

Where's Maxwell's Silver Hammer when you need it?
  • Options
    Ha! First line of my post takes a completely different meaning with Leeze's comment.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    =))

I find it satisfying to recycle. In the traditional sense B-)
  • Options
    =D>

I like re-purposing. Using something differently from its intended use.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    hedonist said:

lolo, I swear there's a Seinfeld or King of Queens with the language/talking about you scenario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8r-TiLSVg

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

hedonist said:

lolo, I swear there's a Seinfeld or King of Queens with the language/talking about you scenario.

Who's half face is this ? I can't tell with the mask.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

hedonist said:

The Juggler strikes again!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Which Batman movie had the more absurd plot? The Dark Night Rises or the one with Clooney and Mr. Freeze? I'm going with the more recent one.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Which Batman movie had the more absurd plot? The Dark Night Rises or the one with Clooney and Mr. Freeze? I'm going with the more recent one.

That Cloony/ Mr Freeze is unwatchable
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Why do people I work with just assume that somehow magically all the work will get done even if they don't do it?
    Why does it bother me so much that people are idiots?

• Options

Why do people I work with just assume that somehow magically all the work will get done even if they don't do it?
    Why does it bother me so much that people are idiots?

This is fact and I'm not saying it to pat myself on the back or anything. We have about 50 or so people in our area, I work in IT. No exaggeration, about 15-20% of us keep the place going. Management keeps loading us up w/ the work, because they know we'll do it. We're kind of handcuffed because if we protest, we lose contracts and we all lose. Some of us are getting tired of bringing this stuff up, but it's today's world. The old days it was "get out, don't let the door hit you in the ass" today, you can't fire folks because you may get sued.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Now I'm fired up... :))
    It's Election Day, stupid question: why should I vote? Nothing is going to change tomorrow. The only thing that may change is a different group of people will bitch about everything.

Yes, I voted today.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

It's Election Day, stupid question: why should I vote? Nothing is going to change tomorrow. The only thing that may change is a different group of people will bitch about everything.

Yes, I voted today.

Huh. Your post reminded me of 5:15...

"why should I care, why should I care?" :D

I voted via absentee ballot per usual. Not sure how much a difference it'll make, but I'd feel worse not doing so at all.

• Options
    hedonist said:

Yes, I voted today.

Huh. Your post reminded me of 5:15...

"why should I care, why should I care?" :D

I voted via absentee ballot per usual. Not sure how much a difference it'll make, but I'd feel worse not doing so at all.

I voted but they made it so difficult.
    I just moved a few days after the deadline to change your address.
    they told me I could fill out a provisional ballot but it probably wouldn't count.
    so I spend an extra hour on my lunch break driving to my old polling place.
    sucks but no way I wasn't voting in this election. NC is at risk of spiraling down even further if we get more Republicans in office.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    1) I always love a Who reference.

2) let me clarify the voting thing. I'm not saying we shouldn't, I can't stand the "go vote" "it's your right" "make a difference" blah blah blah...it's just going to be the same BS with different people
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I miss going to a polling station. Made me feel like I was actually doing something-and I got a sticker!

My entire state is 'vote by mail', so now I feel like I'm taking a test with the whole "completely fill in the bubble with a black ink pen" I miss the sticker...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I miss going to a polling station. Made me feel like I was actually doing something-and I got a sticker!

My entire state is 'vote by mail', so now I feel like I'm taking a test with the whole "completely fill in the bubble with a black ink pen" I miss the sticker...

I hear ya.
    and I forgot to add that they didn't even have any stickers.
    my boss probably thought I went home and took a nap. :))

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

This discussion has been closed.