MOTHERF**KER!!!!!!

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    imalive said:

I can't claim a legendary three night run of consecutive nights to the ER but I do often wonder how various friends and I survived our younger years.

I think I fucked up today.....I removed the stitches myself....and my thumb split back open.

MOTHERF**CKER !!!!!

imageimageimage
    Dude, what were you thinking?! image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    imalive said:

lazloblue said:

Did you go back for more stitches? or just duct tape it back up?

no new stitches yet....not looking forward to that conversation with the doc...."you decided to do what?"....next time I unwrap it I may take a picture.

I'm a dumbass.
    I can't believe I'm saying this... yes, take a picture.

(My husband was carving pumpkins the night before Halloween once and sliced into the base of his thumb. He said the blood splurted up straight in the air, like two feet. He'd put pressure on it, let it go and the blood would splurt up again. He knew he needed stitches, but was too embarrassed to go to the emergency room for a pumpkin carving injury. It took forever to heal.)
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Enkidu said:

imalive said:

lazloblue said:

no new stitches yet....not looking forward to that conversation with the doc...."you decided to do what?"....next time I unwrap it I may take a picture.

I'm a dumbass.

(My husband was carving pumpkins the night before Halloween once and sliced into the base of his thumb. He said the blood splurted up straight in the air, like two feet. He'd put pressure on it, let it go and the blood would splurt up again. He knew he needed stitches, but was too embarrassed to go to the emergency room for a pumpkin carving injury. It took forever to heal.)
    I second this.We need more pictures.In fact Maybe Last Exit can bring a camera to work so we can be sickly entertained (not the serious stuff)with stupid human tricks.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Wow. This thread made it to page 5! It's time for syndicated!

We may be digitally challenged, but we are many and we are strong.This thread shall live on my friend.......

How did it go with the MRI ?What they say about that stretched out rubber band they took from your wrist?
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    imalive said:

lazloblue said:

I'm a dumbass.
    tell him you did it in your sleep?

did you see me? i saw you.
    rr165892 said:

We may be digitally challenged, but we are many and we are strong.This thread shall live on my friend.......

How did it go with the MRI ?What they say about that stretched out rubber band they took from your wrist?
    Still waiting on the doc to call me back with the results.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Enkidu said:

I have a funny feeling that most ERs have seen their share of pumpkin carving injuries!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Enkidu said:

I have a funny feeling that most ERs have seen their share of pumpkin carving injuries!
    And bagel-slicing! I've read that weekends are busytime for this.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Damn! Leave this page for a few day and come back and read I don't know weather to laugh or cringe. Ok- laugh :))

Take care of that finger, imalive! Watch your hands, folks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Enkidu said:

imalive said:

lazloblue said:

I'm a dumbass.

doesn't look a whole helluva lot better, does it??? It may be healing, tho....the bleeding has stopped and I'm hoping that "flap" is just dead skin. right??? :-B

photo IMG_0672_zps71c328df.jpg

photo IMG_0675_zpsfb0e3d51.jpg

photo IMG_0674_zpsb9dff7ff.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    It may sound crazy, but when you bandage that thing up, use preparation h instead of neosporin or another ointment. I used it in my hand and it works extremely well. It helps with reducing scarring and it is good for minor pain relief.

It may sound crazy, but when you bandage that thing up, use preparation h instead of neosporin or another ointment. I used it in my hand and it works extremely well. It helps with reducing scarring and it is good for minor pain relief.

Interesting! I never heard of doing that, but having read that we use too many antibiotics and are building a resistance to them, it sounds like a great idea.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Ugh, why did I ask for more pictures? I also heard neosporin wasn't great for you. Does it still hurt like hell?
    brianlux said:

Interesting! I never heard of doing that, but having read that we use too many antibiotics and are building a resistance to them, it sounds like a great idea.

My physical therapist swore by the stuff for any cuts or scrapes no matter how severe or minor. I used it on my hand after every one of ny surgeries. I put on my kids when they scrape their knees or open up a blister. It does work.

edited August 2014
    Imalive,it actually looks much better and the color is descent.Be careful with the prep H,you saw Last-12 fingers I believe they shrunk using that stuff.lol
    No,I,ve also been told about its benefit.
    Can you soak it a little?
    I soaked my hand on a daily basis in water with a product called hibiclens.
    Sounds effective and efficient .
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    imalive said:

Enkidu said:

imalive said:

lazloblue said:

I'm a dumbass.

doesn't look a whole helluva lot better, does it??? It may be healing, tho....the bleeding has stopped and I'm hoping that "flap" is just dead skin. right??? :-B

Wow. Did you leave that one stich in there to hold it all together?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

imalive said:

Enkidu said:

imalive said:

lazloblue said:

I'm a dumbass.

Wow. Did you leave that one stich in there to hold it all together?
    :))
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

brianlux said:

My physical therapist swore by the stuff for any cuts or scrapes no matter how severe or minor. I used it on my hand after every one of ny surgeries. I put on my kids when they scrape their knees or open up a blister. It does work.

Excellent, thanks! I'll try it next time I'm a klutz (any day now).

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i guess im no doctor, i was thinking they were going to remove that one smaller part of your nail that you decided to chop thru

i guess it makes sense to leave it there to help your finger heal up as it acts as a shield. it is dead, yes
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    to recap yesterday:

the nail fell off.
    I whacked the bridge of my nose on a pipe clamp.
    I poked my finger with one of those corn on the cob holders.

did you ever see the Primitive Pete movies in shop class? that's me....Primitive Pete.

photo IMG_0680_zps609840f4.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    damn dude
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Wondering if I should start wearing my Save the Pooper wristband again. :-S
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Stay away from sharp things for a day.Im seeing a trend here
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Speaking of the pumkin carving story... I was trying to help with remodeling the basement-keep in mind, I'm probably about 4 or 5 at the time. I saw that there were screws taped to the middle of the box that held the curtain rods, this box was about 5' long and and about 4"x4"...I decided "I'm gonna cut open the box and get the screws out to help!" Grabbed a box cutter/utility knife and held the box sort of like when people hold a bagel to slice it:

I was being really careful, and cut the box pretty far... I knew I was getting closer to the middle of the box and the screws, I was so happy to be helping...then the knife slipped, and I sliced open that nice tender meaty part of my hand:

(right where the guy is poking)
    I screamed and remember blood everywhere, never went to the doctor (my parent wasn't the brightest), refused to use my hand for months, it would pop open and bleed every other day, finally healed. Thankfully didn't get infected or lose my thumb. Some of the lines on my palm still don't match up.

And Rob, the flap of dried dead skin should be cut off...they did that to me when I had hand surgery.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    my thumb is healing pretty well, but we gave the puppy a bath today and, in her excitable post-bath state, she whacked my thumb. Hard.

MOTHERF**CKER!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

my thumb is healing pretty well, but we gave the puppy a bath today and, in her excitable post-bath state, she whacked my thumb. Hard.

MOTHERF**CKER!!!

I cringed just reading that! OWW!

• imalive said:

to recap yesterday:

the nail fell off.
    I whacked the bridge of my nose on a pipe clamp.
    I poked my finger with one of those corn on the cob holders.

did you ever see the Primitive Pete movies in shop class? that's me....Primitive Pete.

photo IMG_0680_zps609840f4.jpg
    I am really sorry, but
    =))
    And I only laugh because I share your pain. Which finger did you poke? My husband's grandmother used to refer to her painful big toe as her "bastard toe". Maybe you have a "bastard thumb." Did you poke it or one of the nine other uninjured appendages?

And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes