Options

Lemme See That Vinyl Collection!

Comments

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,759

...I notice they don't do the Kallax in the 5x whatever size. Pretty lame. Now I can't line some up with my 5x5.

Confirmed; sizes are now 2x2 4x1 4x2 4x4.

I'm surprised they don't do sizes in multiples of 3 as going from a 4x2 to a 4x4 is a pretty big jump in sizing.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,960
    Well, I think I'm gonna do a couple if 4x2s and rearrange my furniture to get them to fit. That should hold me over for a few years.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Not the best pics, but here is mine.

• Options
    Nice collection
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,206

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,045
    edited May 2014
    Good looking collection AndySlash!!!!! I like all that Pink Floyd stuff!! I have to find Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd on vinyl.

I also need to find a copy of On An Island.
    Post edited by BIGDaddyWil on
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Good looking collection AndySlash!!!!! I like all that Pink Floyd stuff!!

thanks. floyd were my first favorite band, and they still are my favorite band. i might not listen to them as much as i used to, but whenever i do it takes about three seconds for me to fall in love again.

here's my discogs listing: http://www.discogs.com/user/AndySlash/collection

I also need to find a copy of On An Island.

pm me
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    AndySlash said:

(Re. AnySlash's collection/photos)

Nice collection! And always a pleasure to see well cared for vinyl.

:-bd
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    sleeves for everything, man, when possible.
  • Options
    You gotta. Not only for protection but for ease of getting them in and out of a shelf.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Do you normally keep records covering your records or is that just for the photo?
  • Options
    yeah, i face a record on each shelf, for two reasons, 1) i have cats that would scratch at the spines (even with the outer sleeves- i learned that the hard way), and 2) i just think it looks nicer that way. i switch out the faced records every couple months for variety. right now all of the records displayed are primarily black in color.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    AndySlash said:

Absolutely. I also replace the inner sleeves with a good quality archival inner sleeves (and keep the originals, especially if printed). This may seem snooty or snobbish but the cost is minimal in terms of preserving LP's.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    brianlux said:

AndySlash said:

Absolutely. I also replace the inner sleeves with a good quality archival inner sleeves (and keep the originals, especially if printed). This may seem snooty or snobbish but the cost is minimal in terms of preserving LP's.

I'm with you guys, every record gets new inner and outer sleeves. :-bd
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options

brianlux said:

AndySlash said:

I'm with you guys, every record gets new inner and outer sleeves. :-bd
    Yep. First thing I do after cleaning the vinyl.
  • Options
    I only replace printed inners so they don't rip. Otherwise, I don't see much of an improvement of nice inners over paper ones.
  • Options
    I replace all my inner sleeves with the poly lined sleeves. My nicer vinyl and all PJ albums get the Mobile Fidelity inner sleeves
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Where do you guys get the inner and outer sleeves?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    AndySlash said:

What is that floyd pulse record to the left of the pulse box set?

1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Here's where I've been getting mine:

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/

Kinda pricey, but very good quality inner and outer sleeves. They send out coupons via email, every so often.

There's also : https://www.clearbags.com/ & https://www.bagsunlimited.com/
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Sleeve city for me too. Best store.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

What is that floyd pulse record to the left of the pulse box set?

it's the pulse laserdisc. i just shelve it there because it's really the best place to store it.
    Post edited by AndySlash on
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

JK_Livin said:

Here's where I've been getting mine:

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/

Kinda pricey, but very good quality inner and outer sleeves. They send out coupons via email, every so often.

There's also : https://www.clearbags.com/ & https://www.bagsunlimited.com/
    Thanks.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,929
    Funny I stumbled across this thread, looking for some advice on inner sleeves. My problem is static (fucking lovely cats) and I was reading about MoFi, so I ordered 50 of them to get me caught up on my relatively new collection. But I keep reading about Sleeve City Disckeepers, so I reckon I'll try those next.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    I placed an order with Sleeve City and they threw in a 10 pack of disc keepers for free. Just as good as the mofi IMO.

• Options

I placed an order with Sleeve City and they threw in a 10 pack of disc keepers for free. Just as good as the mofi IMO.

Very cool! I actually think they're better than the Mofi sleeves. Heavy duty and aren't flimsy as the mofi's.
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited May 2014
    This is most of my partner's music collection. The wall in the background has vinyl in 2 rows from left to right. He says there'5 5000+ records. He's worked in the industry for 30+ years so pretty well hasn't paid full price for anything if that 'excuses' him. Ha ha. There's another shelf of it's own of boxsets & another couple of shelves of CDs.
    photo Rogsmusic.jpg
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Holy shit. How can you find anything?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    edited May 2014
    MedozK said:

I replace all my inner sleeves with the poly lined sleeves. My nicer vinyl and all PJ albums get the Mobile Fidelity inner sleeves

I replace most of my inner sleeve with poly-lined ones too. It reduces static, which is so important when you have a cat (I also use the spin-clean system, which also cuts static), and it just makes me feel like I'm not doing that tiny little bit of scraping damage on the record every time I take it out.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

MedozK said:

I replace most of my inner sleeve with poly-lined ones too. It reduces static, which is so important when you have a cat (I also use the spin-clean system, which also cuts static), and it just makes me feel like I'm not doing that tiny little bit of scraping damage on the record every time I take it out.
    The Spin-clean is prolly going to be a gift to myself soon....Do you like it?