Options

Lemme See That Vinyl Collection!

Comments

• Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Yeah this one they are shipping out should be a great one.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Wish I had some new worthy vinyl to show here
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    I've started running out of room on my shelf so I built this yesterday :P Should hold around 70-80 lps.
    1f18d805-72ba-41e8-98a4-d54d7c4ffc04_zps3b4cd0f6.jpg
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    I've started running out of room on my shelf so I built this yesterday :P Should hold around 70-80 lps.
    I have the same problem. Looks great! :thumbup:
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047

Gorgeous! Nice job!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    I recently moved and here is an updated look at my vinyl collection.

IMG_20131105_210833116_zpsfd2da046.jpg
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I've updated my setup with some expedit shelving from Ikea. Will post new pics later this wk!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I recently moved and here is an updated look at my vinyl collection.

IMG_20131105_210833116_zpsfd2da046.jpg

That looks ace! :thumbup:

We thought about getting an Expedit too, but it's a bit too steep of a price to buy new right now, especially since we don't have Ikea close. (Grrrr it's times like this when I miss Germany, I got A LOT of my stuff there ...)

IMG_5859_zpsaf4c712b.jpg
    This is our little shelf. Yes, it is alphabetically sorted :oops: :lol: The case on the floor was a goodbye gift of my friends and served me well as a carrier to bring my most valued vinyl with me over here on the plane (I'm still so happy I got all my vinyl over to the States unharmed by Hurricane Sandy. Good thought to not put a lot of it into the moving container!) It's still an easy to be closed case for the records that we cherish the most.

The new sound system is not set up yet, but we have a super stylish Pioneer receiver from the 70s and a kickass Technics turntable now (thank you so much, you know who :wave: ). Only thing lacking so far are some good speakers. The good old usb turntable connected to the (very good, thankfully) computer speakers has been serving us pretty good so far. But I cannot wait for the new system to be set up and ready!
  • Options
    Looks great, Lisa!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Looks great, Lisa!

It's not super stylish :lol: But it does the trick and keeps us happy.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Looks great, Lisa!

It's not super stylish :lol: But it does the trick and keeps us happy.

That's all that matters! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    f0rlkw.jpg

took a picture of my collection today
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    smarchee wrote:
    f0rlkw.jpg

Rad :thumbup:

Love your setup too, Matt!!!

We caved in and invested in some Ikea swag too. Goes well with the boxes from uncle and auntie :D
    stere111_zpsdf96e4bc.jpg

Never mind the carpet colour, we are renting and the landlord seems to like "dog diarrhea" as a floor colour :fp:
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    smarchee wrote:
    f0rlkw.jpg

Great stuff Smarchee, that is one nice looking set up! I like how you've left room for a lot more records, obviously you plan on filling that thing up, you crazy b*stard… ;) :thumbup:
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Cob wrote:

Is that an Expedit from Ikea? I'm heavily thinking about getting one. just wondering what you think of it.
  • Options
    Cob wrote:

Is that an Expedit from Ikea? I'm heavily thinking about getting one. just wondering what you think of it.

Expedit is awesome. I highly recommend it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,985
    I think the Expedit is the best storage solution out there. Just remember if you are go 5x5, or 4x4 anchor it to the wall. I've seen too many pictures of collapsed Expedits.
  • Options
    Cob wrote:

We also got Expedit. The cool thing is that the compartments really have perfect record size (even the Vault and the Vs. / Vitalogy box fit without a problem). We got one with four compartments and one with 6. It's awesome that there are so many ways in which you can set them up. See mfc2006 has the bigger one that we have too, but he put it upright, while we put it sideways on the ground. They come in different colours too.

And :shock: Cob :thumbup: We also still have lots of room in the shelves. Which is not a bad thing.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Yeah, We've been humming and hawing about getting an Expedit. I'll be finishing my basement in the fall of 2014 when both kids are in school. Right now all my vinyl is in milk crates, which was cool for college but not so much anymore.

I'm also contemplating building my own shelves into the wall when we finish the basement but I don't like the idea of something so permanent. I'm also worried my craftsmanship could fail and I'd have a very expensive mess...

Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,496
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Noooooooooooooooooo. At least I have my red 4x4 Expedit shelving. I think it shed a tear.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Damn I need to hit my local ikea this weekend. Just moved and I need these... I'll figure out where to put them later.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,631
    edited February 2014

Damn I need to hit my local ikea this weekend. Just moved and I need these... I'll figure out where to put them later.

They are amazing. They were made for vinyl! I will never own another shelf for my vinyl. I hope Ikea keeps selling them forever. My only concern right now is that I'm moving in a week, and the new place has baseboards. So now my Expedit shelves won't be flush to the wall.... that kind of sucks shit. I thought it looked really good flush to the wall. I do see that others here are dealing with the same thing, so I guess I can live with it, but still..... sometimes I wish everything was perfect, lol!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    PJ_Soul said:

They are amazing. They were made for vinyl! I will never own another shelf for my vinyl. I hope Ikea keeps selling them forever. My only concern right now is that I'm moving in a week, and the new place has baseboards. So now my Expedit shelves won't be flush to the wall.... that kind of sucks shit. I thought it looked really good flush to the wall. I do see that others here are dealing with the same thing, so I guess I can live with it, but still..... sometimes I wish everything was perfect, lol!
    You could put something across the backside top and bottom of each level to prevent them from sliding forward.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    JK_Livin said:

PJ_Soul said:

You could put something across the backside top and bottom of each level to prevent them from sliding forward.
    I have the same issue with baseboards. Made backs for the units with sheets of foam core, attached them with velcro dots that can be removed down the line.

• Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074

I just got back from the ikea near me. I have been holding off on buying one for the longest time (just didn't want to spend the money and drive there!). I read the article and decided it's now or never and picked up a expedit 4x4 (black/brown color). They had 21 left and there was another guy who walked up and put 3 on his cart! I asked if he had read the article and he said he did, he was a huge vinyl nut and he was stocking up. They had around 20 5x5's left too.
    I had tried to order online, but the ikea site would not let me and stated that there was no stock for that item! I knew then it was time to visit ikea! Good luck and happy hunting to those looking at their local stores!
    ***The ikea store I went to is in Stoughton, MA.***
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,496
    I might have to go pick one up for extra space in the future as I know I'll fill up the 4x4 that I have now.
  • Options
    The thing they are replacing it with isn't terribly different. Just a touch thinner on the side panels.

You only really need to rush out if you need one to match what you already have.

• Options
    Anyone pick up a Kallax yet? I dilly dallied and my ikea sold out of the 5x1 Expedits. I notice they don't do the Kallax in the 5x whatever size. Pretty lame. Now I can't line some up with my 5x5.