Options

Lemme See That Vinyl Collection!

Comments

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,650
    just saw your question and had to answer. the spin clean is awesome. it does a great job, easy to clean after you use it and it is fairly inexpensive (some other cleaners are insanely pricey).
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    MedozK said:

PJ_Soul said:

MedozK said:

I replace all my inner sleeves with the poly lined sleeves. My nicer vinyl and all PJ albums get the Mobile Fidelity inner sleeves

I replace most of my inner sleeve with poly-lined ones too. It reduces static, which is so important when you have a cat (I also use the spin-clean system, which also cuts static), and it just makes me feel like I'm not doing that tiny little bit of scraping damage on the record every time I take it out.
    The Spin-clean is prolly going to be a gift to myself soon....Do you like it?
    I love it! It works just as well as the company claims.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    PJ_Soul said:

MedozK said:

PJ_Soul said:

MedozK said:

I replace all my inner sleeves with the poly lined sleeves. My nicer vinyl and all PJ albums get the Mobile Fidelity inner sleeves

I replace most of my inner sleeve with poly-lined ones too. It reduces static, which is so important when you have a cat (I also use the spin-clean system, which also cuts static), and it just makes me feel like I'm not doing that tiny little bit of scraping damage on the record every time I take it out.
    Do you use their cleaning solution, or do you have a recipe of your own?
  • Options
    MedozK said:

PJ_Soul said:

MedozK said:

PJ_Soul said:

MedozK said:

Do you use their cleaning solution, or do you have a recipe of your own?
    I use their fluid - they specifically warn against using your own... I think they figure that they've worked theirs to work perfectly with the amount of water used and with their brushes, etc. The amount of fluid that I got with the package (I think I got the package #2) is enough to last me the rest of my life.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210

Holy shit. How can you find anything?

It is actually surprising how well he can find anything. It's all alphabetical & yeah, he generally can find anything within 5 mins or so. All alphabetical except for separate boxes of Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, Springsteen & Elvis. :-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    morello said:

This is most of my partner's music collection. The wall in the background has vinyl in 2 rows from left to right. He says there'5 5000+ records. He's worked in the industry for 30+ years so pretty well hasn't paid full price for anything if that 'excuses' him. Ha ha. There's another shelf of it's own of boxsets & another couple of shelves of CDs.
    photo Rogsmusic.jpg

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Amazing!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

morello said:

This is most of my partner's music collection. The wall in the background has vinyl in 2 rows from left to right. He says there'5 5000+ records. He's worked in the industry for 30+ years so pretty well hasn't paid full price for anything if that 'excuses' him. Ha ha. There's another shelf of it's own of boxsets & another couple of shelves of CDs.
    photo Rogsmusic.jpg

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Amazing!
    Cheers honey. I hope you've been good. :) xx
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    update:

1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,031
    edited May 2014
    Those shelves are filling up fast smarchee!!! Looks fucking sweet! I love the two turntable set up!
    What kind of bass is that???
    Post edited by BIGDaddyWil on
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    Very cool smarchee!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Hey everyone this Just Arrived in the Mail the other Day :)image
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    AndySlash said:

That's an Expedite, right? I couldn't fit my In Rainbows in mine. Does yours have a lot of lean on it? From that shot, it looks like it may be stressing the LP's to the left of it.

Nice collection.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    thanks. yes, expedit, and the in rainbows "discbox" doesn't fit in there properly, but i think it's just a bad angle for the image- in person it's easy to see the records are sitting just fine; i certainly wouldn't leave them that way if it were the case.
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
    edited May 2014
    UGHHHHHH they have some amazing collections here! Mine is not as pretty and clean as everybody's but I do not own any "new" vinyl, it's all records I bought used.. But here it is!

photo image_zps70a96960.jpg

photo image_zps53048c47.jpg
    Post edited by Treyert14 on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    Got 2 new Kallax 2x4s. can't wait to get them set up and to migrate all my records from the last 9 months into them.
  • Options
    smarchee said:

update:

Oolala!!!! That all looks amazing!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    It ain't much but it's all i have :-\" :^o ;)

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Such a cool room!

Treyert14, we have a lot of LPs that look just the same haha. They might not have a pretty outside, but I love it when I find good stuff at the garage sale or resale store. It kind of feels like you are giving it a new life :D And isn't it amazing how sometimes a cover can be completely neglected, but the LP is in pristine condition? We have some of them in plastic covers to preserve them a bit.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    PJ_Soul said:

smarchee said:

update:

Oolala!!!! That all looks amazing!
    all back to smarchees for tunes and cones.... :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924

Such a cool room!

Treyert14, we have a lot of LPs that look just the same haha. They might not have a pretty outside, but I love it when I find good stuff at the garage sale or resale store. It kind of feels like you are giving it a new life :D And isn't it amazing how sometimes a cover can be completely neglected, but the LP is in pristine condition? We have some of them in plastic covers to preserve them a bit.

So true! I actually prefer vintage records, like you said it's kinda like your giving them new life! And I keep all my beatles records in plastic covers.
  • Options
    morello said:

photo Rogsmusic.jpg

That's one Big Collection :)

• Options
    i_lov_it said:

morello said:

photo Rogsmusic.jpg

Yep, & the OCD in me soooooo wants to organise it!!! image
    <hr>
  • Options
    morello said:

i_lov_it said:

morello said:

photo Rogsmusic.jpg

You can do it :P lol

• Options
    edited May 2014
    i_lov_it said:

morello said:

i_lov_it said:

morello said:

photo Rogsmusic.jpg

You can do it :P lol

Thing is, it is pretty organised, alphabetical etc. he can find things pretty quickly, I guess I just want it all shelved properly so it can be seen in full glory. haha. :-)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    photo IMG_5227_zps79b33914.jpg
    photo IMG_5223_zps7c6e396f.jpg

More to come!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Just wondering if anyone knows how one should best shelve vinyl. I notice that a lot of you have your records on a lean, I.e. aren't filling the shelf completely. I personally fill the shelves so that I can't put another record in there (well I can, actually - one or two if I squeeze them. But i don't want them TOO tight since it could cause extra ring wear or even warping). Is there a reason some of you leave so much room though? Is it better for the records? Or is it just so you can browse through them more easily (I just go by the spines)?
    :-B
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul said:

Just wondering get if anyone knows how one should best shelve vinyl. I notice that a lot of you have your records on a lean, I.e. aren't filling the shelf completely. I personally fill the shelves so that I can't put another record in there (well I can, actually - one or two if I squeeze them. But i don't want the TOO tight since it could cause extra ring wear or we've warping). Is there a reason some of you leave so much room though? Is it better for the records? Or is it just so you can browse through them more easily (I just go by the spines).

I never got into the lean. I don't doubt there is a reason some do it, but I leave just enough space to make it loose enough to move records in and out, but also not to make the presentation too sloppy

1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    PJ_Soul said:

Just wondering if anyone knows how one should best shelve vinyl. I notice that a lot of you have your records on a lean, I.e. aren't filling the shelf completely. I personally fill the shelves so that I can't put another record in there (well I can, actually - one or two if I squeeze them. But i don't want them TOO tight since it could cause extra ring wear or even warping). Is there a reason some of you leave so much room though? Is it better for the records? Or is it just so you can browse through them more easily (I just go by the spines)?

I actually hate the slight lean. But if you go to any record shop they are definitely leaning in the bins.

I had just put my shelves together and was happy to put stuff away and on shelves again.

I am having trouble with the 7" records though. Not as many of those, so I am looking for a good way to store them.
  • Options
    I never let my records lean unless they aren't filling up a square.

• Options
    Finally set up my two new 2x4 kallax. LPs sorted and put away.