I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Foxygen "We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic" (2013)

1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,340
    I scored one of the coke bottle Tens today :) Didn't have the redux on vinyl yet, so I jumped for it.

Smarchee, good stuff you got there! I bought Electric Ladyland when I went to the US for PJ20. I got it in Chicagoafter the festival. I stayed with two awesome people that I found over airbnb and in my room, there was even a really old turntable. I spun it right there for the first time. I got a version from the 70's. It travelled with me to Toronto and I don't remember if I took it with me on the flight home or sent it via post from Toronto. Anyway, I love it, it's one of my most spun LPs!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    reesdog said:

New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Recent reissue of a 1961 recording, highly recommended if you are into Blues...

Nice! This looks great! John Lee- oh man, seeing John Lee live was like going to a soul revival (especially 'cause Carlos Santana was sitting in with the band.) I'll have to watch for that record. On the VeeJay label no less! Sweet!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    brianlux said:

reesdog said:

New:
    Recent reissue of a 1961 recording, highly recommended if you are into Blues...

Nice! This looks great! John Lee- oh man, seeing John Lee live was like going to a soul revival (especially 'cause Carlos Santana was sitting in with the band.) I'll have to watch for that record. On the VeeJay label no less! Sweet!

Damn you Brian! ;) Another absolute legend you've seen live, wow thats cool! Where did you see him at, a small blues club or something? Yeah, very nice record btw, playing this one quite a bit... :)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
    Second-hand:
    Original, 2009.

Completes my Dead Weather on vinyl.
  • korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914
    edited April 2014
    Don Mcclean- self titled
    Ella Fitzgerald- Ella in Berlin Mack the Knife(not my usual cup of tea but the girlfriend loves her so i figured why not?)
    Dr. Hook- Pleasure & Pain (not sure what i was thinking here, maybe the cover art drew me in. Im listening now and it definately wont get spun often, cant win them all i guess haha)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    New:

Sonic Youth - Murray Street.

Original from 2002.
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    The Feelies - The Good Earth
    Daniel Johnston - Hi, How Are You?

Both incredible albums, especially The Feelies record. Love that one.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    boyo79 said:

Beautiful
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Tycho - Awake
    Newch91 said:

boyo79 said:

Beautiful
    Thanks, picked it up for £9 on ebay and it's in excellent condition for its age. Also got Revolver but that's a mess - far too much surface noise so that's going back and I'll try and get another.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Band of Horses--Mirage Rock
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Collapse Into Now by REM
    Decade by Neil Young
    High Hopes by Springsteen
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just picked up the 'Rubberneck" lp from Amazon for $13
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

Just picked up the 'Rubberneck" lp from Amazon for $13

Was thinking about that, but there is a MOV release of this album, slightly more expensive. I wonder which one would sound best?
    :-B
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2014

For $7. :) Haven't listened to this album in years - listened to it non-stop in 1988. I forgot how awesome I think it is. Kind of glad i quite completely stopped listening to U2 for 10 years. Because now, after picking up their four best albums on vinyl recently, it's awesome to me again... I think I OD'd on them between 1986 and 2004 (there were just so many albums and i listened to all a lot besides Pop), but now it's all flushed out of my system, so I can enjoy them again.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    New:

James Brown ‎– Live At The Apollo.
    Recent reissue, originally recorded in 1963.

Newbury Comics numbered out 1000 - blue and gold release of The Strokes' "Is This It".
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    thanks to Eric & JH57554...I am FINALLY spinning the hell out of My Morning Jacket's Okonokos!! Sounds amazing! I've loved this set for a long time & it's so amazing to finally hear it on vinyl!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

thanks to Eric & JH57554...I am FINALLY spinning the hell out of My Morning Jacket's Okonokos!! Sounds amazing! I've loved this set for a long time & it's so amazing to finally hear it on vinyl!

Nice one dude, it's great when you finally hear something you've been after for ages.....enjoy! :-bd
    mfc2006 said:

<:-P
    Led Zeppelin "Presence". Original in excellent condition, both the sleeve and vinyl.

photo 2014-04-09104443_zps17bd5b40.jpg

Led Zeppelin 'In Through The Out Door". Absolutely the packaging for this! The cover is sleeve D.

photo PhotoGrid_1397036082690_zps862785e1.jpg

The Led Zeppelin III Deluxe Remaster - available now for presale on Amazon. :-bd
    These are coming out faster than I expected. Same release date as the first two. More to come for that date? :-?
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    The Name of This Band is Talking Heads
    Newbury Comics/Rhino Maroon repress
    1982 was pretty awesome
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    PJ_Soul said:

The Led Zeppelin III Deluxe Remaster - available now for presale on Amazon. :-bd
    These are coming out faster than I expected. Same release date as the first two. More to come for that date? :-?

Those 3 are the only ones coming at this point. There was a big announcement a month or so ago. I've heard the next batch are lined up for the Xmas rush, but that seems like a quick turnaround.
    edited April 2014
    DewieCox said:

PJ_Soul said:

Those 3 are the only ones coming at this point. There was a big announcement a month or so ago. I've heard the next batch are lined up for the Xmas rush, but that seems like a quick turnaround.
    The original announcement last year said that they would ALL come out in 2014, but at some point between then and when they went up for sale it seems they decided to slow it down, probably because putting them all out in one year would have reduced sales (since people can't afford to spend that much in such a short period). Didn't realize III was happening with the first two though, so happy about that. I already have a beautiful copy of III with the pin wheel, but I am very excited to hear the second disc!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Speaking of the mighty Led Zep, I got this recently...

Second-hand:
    Original 1982 German pressing in NM condition. :)
    DewieCox said:

PJ_Soul said:

Wow. I have to pay more attention to what I've ordered. I ordered III back when I ordered I and II, lol. I just forgot that III was included as well. So thank you for making this comment. When you said it was announced a month ago I went back and checked my original preorder and saw that it's already taken care of. :P
  • korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914
    edited April 2014
    Preordered the rerelease of CCR-Chronicle on Newbury today. Camouflage wax, limited to 1000.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me