Options

HBO: True Detective

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

They are running out of time to solve the crime.
    Cohle told the superiors that he was taking a leave of absence to visit his dying Father.
    From there he got his leather biker jacket, jumped in the car and drove down to the Biker bar to get in good with the gang members gain.
    When he was in Undercover in Texas, this was the same gang he followed.

Did Woody take leave or is he on the case?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    JK_Livin said:

Cohle told the superiors that he was taking a leave of absence to visit his dying Father.
    From there he got his leather biker jacket, jumped in the car and drove down to the Biker bar to get in good with the gang members gain.

Im guessing he's still on the case.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Im guessing he's still on the case.
    OK. I was wondering if i missed something.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    That was fantastic! Wow!
  • Options
    ^ awesome.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Damn - freaky! Funny that Heisenberg compared the Wire to Sesame Street. Just finished season 2 of the Wire and the Towers do seem like Happy town compared to the shitstorm that went down at the stash house and the biker bar in TD. Omar needs to be in True Detective - he'd fit right in with these crazy fuckers!

How is this going to wrap up in just 4 more episodes?
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    jlaustin said:

Damn - freaky! Funny that Heisenberg compared the Wire to Sesame Street. Just finished season 2 of the Wire and the Towers do seem like Happy town compared to the shitstorm that went down at the stash house and the biker bar in TD. Omar needs to be in True Detective - he'd fit right in with these crazy fuckers!

How is this going to wrap up in just 4 more episodes?

As Omar would say..."indeed".

Don't get me wrong, The Wire is an outstanding show, but like you said, the ghetto from True Detective makes Baltimore in The Wire look like Disneyland. At least The Wire occasionally has some levity. True Detective is about as dark as a show can possibly be.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited February 2014
    wow...that was intense. That final 6 minutes scene was all done in ONE take, too! As in NO cuts. ONE.FUCKING.TAKE!!!!!!!

Seems like other than you guys, I'm the only one watching the show. People don't know what they're missing.
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Behind the scenes of this past episode (ep4).... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YpZ7ZNjwlw#t=176
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    A friend asked me what I thought of True Detective so far yesterday and I told him that I thought it was an investment that I felt sure would pay off. Every week I like it a little more and am appreciative of the characters (how nuts they all seem), the writing, and the acting.
    What I like most about this is the promise of the format...next season w/new actors, director, story, etc....

HBO takes some excellent risks and TD is no exception. The show is 'simmering' and I am hoping/expecting that the conclusion will be pretty bad ass. Would love to get more back story on the one man show that is Cohle but I don't see how they have time to really dwell on what turned him into such an awesome kooky bastard.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Wish we had another season with these characters.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    pjradio said:

wow...that was intense. That final 6 minutes scene was all done in ONE take, too! As in NO cuts. ONE.FUCKING.TAKE!!!!!!!

Seems like other than you guys, I'm the only one watching the show. People don't know what they're missing.

No kidding. That was an amazing take, kinda like the end of "Children of Men". Show just went to a whole new level. Amazing to see McConaughey (sp?) transform from the straight laced quiet guy to coked-up badass in the space of one episode
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,924
    Watched the first two episodes night and plan to watch the most recent two tonight. They got me, I'm hooked.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjradio said:

Yeah, that's damn impressive!

I feel the same. Most people I talk to haven't even HEARD of the show...and most of them have HBO. image

In these four episodes so far it went from...
    "Seems like a pretty good show"
    "Ok, this is pretty cool"
    "Holy crap"
    "Holy crap, this show is fantastic!"
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    mca47 said:

pjradio said:

Yeah, that's damn impressive!

I feel the same. Most people I talk to haven't even HEARD of the show...and most of them have HBO. image

In these four episodes so far it went from...
    "Seems like a pretty good show"
    "Ok, this is pretty cool"
    "Holy crap"
    "Holy crap, this show is fantastic!"
    Same here. I keep telling people to watch it. We saw the last one last night and it was amazing. Amazing. I love playing the "who is the crazier character" game.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    edited February 2014
    Enkidu said:

I love playing the "who is the crazier character" game.

My wife ripped me a new one when I had the nerve to say that I thought Woody's girlfriend was a rotten turd for going to his family on him. I immediately said that Woody was a crazy bastard who deserved whatever he had coming due to his behavior toward his family but she was very wound up over my pot shot at the looney homewrecker.
    :))

Ended up being a 'hit pause on the dvr' and converse about what is happening here and she ended up seeing my point (anyone who knowingly sleeps with a married person is a fucking piece of turd) and I certainly agreed with hers --- Woody is a crazy sob in this role.

Damn, I love it when a show sucks me in!
  • Options

Enkidu said:

I love playing the "who is the crazier character" game.

My wife ripped me a new one when I had the nerve to say that I thought Woody's girlfriend was a rotten turd for going to his family on him. I immediately said that Woody was a crazy bastard who deserved whatever he had coming due to his behavior toward his family but she was very wound up over my pot shot at the looney homewrecker.
    :))

Ended up being a 'hit pause on the dvr' and converse about what is happening here and she ended up seeing my point (anyone who knowingly sleeps with a married person is a fucking piece of turd) and I certainly agreed with hers --- Woody is a crazy sob in this role.

Damn, I love it when a show sucks me in!
    You were right. Woody's girlfriend shoulda kept her mouth shut!
    ....at least in this case...
  • Options
    IDK, that girl is smokin' hott..I woulda told my wife and kids to hit the road.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

haha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

She needs a spinoff, "True Detective's Ex-girlfirend Gets Nude A Lot"
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Ctrl + C ---> find Dr. Delight's wife's email address/social media page ---> Ctrl + V

:-*
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    this is really one of the best shows out there..and the acting is fantastic
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hahaha. She is hot as hell but also a fucking nut.
    I think Woody's wife is pretty hot too.
  • Options
    Why is she a nut? If a drunk married cop broke into my place and asked a guy if I sucked his dick mid hook up, I'd be pretty pissed off.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Why is she a nut? If a drunk married cop broke into my place and asked a guy if I sucked his dick mid hook up, I'd be pretty pissed off.

Exactly, plus crazy makes her that much hotter....

Oh, and those mounds in my face too.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,207
    two questions I have from this week's episode:

1 - last week they were racing away at the end of the episode to what I figured was to the shootout with the guy in the gas mask. but that looks like it occurs next week. so where did they race off too last week?

2 - who called Cohle when Hart was arguing with his wife at the hospital?

also for a brief moment I thought when Cohle and Hart's wife were in the Coffee shop that they might be having an affair and/or were about to.

can't wait for next weeks
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

1 - last week they were racing away at the end of the episode to what I figured was to the shootout with the guy in the gas mask. but that looks like it occurs next week. so where did they race off too last week?

also for a brief moment I thought when Cohle and Hart's wife were in the Coffee shop that they might be having an affair and/or were about to.

1. Gas Mask guy is Ledoux- Meth Cooker
    2. They didnt say, but Im assuming it was Harts' wife to tell Cohle to come get him.
    I think Cohle definitely has taken a liking to her for sure. And Hart has noticed this and become defensive("dont mow another man's grass")
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,207

pjhawks said:

2. They didnt say, but Im assuming it was Harts' wife to tell Cohle to come get him.
    I think Cohle definitely has taken a liking to her for sure. And Hart has noticed this and become defensive("dont mow another man's grass")
    understand gas mask guy is Ledux but where did they speed off too last week? was that them just going to the prison to talk with the girl's ex-husband?

and how about Cohle basically telling the guy it was his fault she was killed. kind of heartless..and I thought it was kind of perfect.

the hart and cohle back and forth's are fantastic. subtle but brilliant. 'you are the Michael Jordan of being a son of a bitch" - just awesome
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

understand gas mask guy is Ledux but where did they speed off too last week? was that them just going to the prison to talk with the girl's ex-husband?

and how about Cohle basically telling the guy it was his fault she was killed. kind of heartless..and I thought it was kind of perfect.

the hart and cohle back and forth's are fantastic. subtle but brilliant. 'you are the Michael Jordan of being a son of a bitch" - just awesome
    Did they race off because they linked Ledoux and the guy in jail?

Tom O.
    -The Writer