Pearl Jam Announces Summer 2014 European Tour

Comments

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    kw18 wrote:
    Empty_wallet_tiny.jpg

Yep, this will be me come July.

:lol: Us too :fp:

Does anybody know if the flight prices from the US are going down with the date approaching? I never booked a flight from the States to Europe before, and right now the prices are insanely high compared to flights from Europe to the US :evil:
  • JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    edited December 2013
    Dates in Stockholm and Oslo work well for me. Hotels are booked :D

This will be (fingers crossed) my first set of European shows. Really excited.
    Post edited by Jimminez on
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    oh what to do? we're in ireland and it's our wedding in august so would love to avoid the cost of travelling to see them so am tempted to wait and see when they would announce more dates BUT don't want to miss out on 10c tickets, again! can anyone remember how soon after the announcement last time they announced more dates? i can't. knowing my luck we'd get tickets for amsterdam then they would announce belfast or dublin :lol: also, i've never entered the draw for tickets, wonder what the success rate is like.
    Elope earlier in the year then use your wedding budget for your Pearl Jam honeymoon tour instead :mrgreen:

(PS Congratulations!)
  • What about Israel?

At least 41,000 fans are waiting for Pearl Jam there...

https://www.facebook.com/Bring.Pearl.Jam.To.Israel?ref=stream

And I'll definitely fly from the US to Israel to see them!
  • LBCLBC Posts: 74
    kw18 wrote:
    Empty_wallet_tiny.jpg

Yep, this will be me come July.

:lol: Us too :fp:

Does anybody know if the flight prices from the US are going down with the date approaching? I never booked a flight from the States to Europe before, and right now the prices are insanely high compared to flights from Europe to the US :evil:

Exchange rate not good for you at the moment. But we get lots of dollars to the pound!
    A truant finds home
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    AMSTERDAM!!!! 8-)8-)8-)8-)
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • clampinoclampino cumbria,uk Posts: 31
    no manchester? what the heck, leeds here we come
  • OffRampOffRamp Aberdeen, Scotland Posts: 76
    rangers72 wrote:
    see i would disagree bands like the foo fighters regulary play in scotland (even the boss has played here twice in the last 3 years)so i really cant see that as an excuse.i mean theres nothing stopping them playing the hydro this tour?mabye im just frustrated that they havent played here in 14 years(at least i was there!)

I would agree that The Hydro should be considered. It was built to alleviate availability issues in the SECC. Will reserve judgement until all dates announced - fingers crossed!

1996 London Wembley Arena
    2000 Glasgow
    2003 Irvine 2, San Diego
    2006 London Astoria, Verona, Milan
    2009 London Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London O2
    2010 Belfast
    2012 Manchester 1, Oslo, Copenhagen

2014 Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Leeds

• OffRampOffRamp Aberdeen, Scotland Posts: 76
    clampino wrote:
    no manchester? what the heck, leeds here we come

Ha! Think Manchester has had a decent run of it over the last few years!

1996 London Wembley Arena
    2000 Glasgow
    2003 Irvine 2, San Diego
    2006 London Astoria, Verona, Milan
    2009 London Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London O2
    2010 Belfast
    2012 Manchester 1, Oslo, Copenhagen

2014 Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Leeds

• Clarkie1971Clarkie1971 Belfast Posts: 17
    This is the first time I have entered draw for tickets. Has anybody had any luck with the draw before?

My first choice is Amsterdam and then Milton Keynes.

What are the chances of more dates?
    London 2009
    Belfast 2010
    Manchester 2012
    Amsterdam 2014
    Milton Keynes 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    London 2018
    Madrid 2018
  • Goods luck in the draw guys
    Can't believe pearl jam is playing on my doorstep :mrgreen::mrgreen: It is going to be one hell of a show in this building :D
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • superiwan wrote:
    What do people think are the odds that the general release tickets are going to cost less? Wary of 10C after the whole Lightning Bolt Vinyl debacle all it seems to offer is a premium to buy through 10C knowing hardcore fans will pay whatever's asked. Or, am I being enormously cynical?

Ticketmaster is listing the Leeds UK show as £61.75 (£55.00 Ticket + £6.75 Fees). That is £123.50 for a pair plus £5.50 postage on top.

Ten Club will cost $211 which is approximately £129.50 inclusive (collect at venue).

So same price....give or take slight exchange rate fluctuation.
    1992 - 3/2 Southend Esplanade, 4/2 London Borderline, 21/2 Manchester International II, 25/2 Nottingham Rock City, 26/2 Birmingham Edwards No.8, 27/2 Bradford Queens Hall, 28/2 London ULU, 6/6 London Finsbury Park
    2000 - 4/6 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2006 - 20/4 London Astoria, 25/8 Leeds Festival
    2009 - 17/8 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2010 - 25/6 Hard Rock Calling
    2012 - 20/6 Manchester Arena, 21/6 Manchester Arena, EV 28/7 Manchester Apollo
    2014 - 8/7 Leeds Arena, 11/7 Milton Keynes
    2018 - 18/6 London O2 Arena, 19/6 London O2 Arena, 14/7 NOS Alive
    2022 - 8/7 Hyde Park, 9/7 Hyde Park
  • evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    guypjfreak wrote:
    do you reckon thell add any more to these dates ???
    This I really want to know. Right now I can only afford to enter the draw for one show (in fact I can't really even afford that. I'll be gutted if I put in for Leeds and then they announce Dublin.

I'm putting it out there now: I think I'm going to be begging for spares further down the road.

i'm exactly the same, i've entered the leeds draw but i'll be absolutely devastated if they announce a glasgow show in the coming weeks and i can't afford tickets.

£130 quid 5 days before christmas isn't ideal but no-one is forcing me to buy them
    Hail Hail
  • OffRamp wrote:
    rangers72 wrote:
    see i would disagree bands like the foo fighters regulary play in scotland (even the boss has played here twice in the last 3 years)so i really cant see that as an excuse.i mean theres nothing stopping them playing the hydro this tour?mabye im just frustrated that they havent played here in 14 years(at least i was there!)

I would agree that The Hydro should be considered. It was built to alleviate availability issues in the SECC. Will reserve judgement until all dates announced - fingers crossed!

YES!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • veredcnveredcn Tel Aviv Posts: 43
    oh hello guys ! :-)

first appearance for me here :)

Soooo happy to hear about the European tour, can't wait !!!

Though I'm from Israel which is not on the list, we are so waiting for you to come here - check it out if you hadn't get the chance to see it by now: https://www.facebook.com/Bring.Pearl.Jam.To.Israel - biggest fan page ever! )

Anyways, a question to the experienced seniors here:

1. I choose 2 different shows - GA.

From your experience what are the chances to be drawn for 2 different concerts? (20%?50%?80%?)

2. Do you know if this tour is final or PJ usually tend to add more concerts later on?

Thanks and have a great day :-)

V.
    Amsterdam 16.6.2014 Amsterdam 17.6.2014 Berlin 26.6.2014
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    superiwan wrote:
    What do people think are the odds that the general release tickets are going to cost less? Wary of 10C after the whole Lightning Bolt Vinyl debacle all it seems to offer is a premium to buy through 10C knowing hardcore fans will pay whatever's asked. Or, am I being enormously cynical?
    if you check the price on tickemaster, once you add the booking fees and postage, 10c might for once be a tiny bit cheaper
    Few quids only though, and considering the price hike , nothing to brag about!! :evil: .. (Leeds is $50 more for the pair than Manchester was 2 years ago.. that's almost a 25% hike!.. most people wages have not moved since then! Amsterdam is about the same as last time but Berlin is also hiked up).

I'm skipping Milton Keynes because there's no way I'm paying that, for a Stadium at that! plus accommodation as you can't get back to London after the show if you don't have a car!.. Neil Young at Hyde Park the next day is £5 cheaper (and I can sleep in my own bed).. I'll go there instead or I'll spend the £75 paying in full a return flight to Amsterdam or Berlin.

Seriously, in the UK those prices are only seen for bands like The Who, Neil Young, Rolling Stones and that generation of performers (who have many fans in their 50s+, with money!). I've never seen any rock band charging that much in PJ generation.
    Eg: O2 Arena prices: Status Quo £42.50, Nine Inch Nails: £44.50, Leeds: Manic Street Preachers: £34.95.

If I wasn't travelling more to see my friends than the band I'd tell them to stuff it altogether (which I'm pretty sure my best friend whose a 10c member since 92 is going to do this time).
    and another question please help me understand:

Berlin is GA only. What does it mean? if i get drawn for this show i will stand with all the general public?so whats the difference for ten club members?

thanks.

Vered
  • Is Dimitris going?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • veredcn wrote:

Berlin is GA only. What does it mean? if i get drawn for this show i will stand with all the general public?so whats the difference for ten club members?

thanks.

Vered

Take a look at page 9, I asked the same thing, more or less. By the way, thank you very much @Offramp and @ mikevdwoude!
    veredcn wrote:
    oh hello guys ! :-)

first appearance for me here :)

Soooo happy to hear about the European tour, can't wait !!!

Though I'm from Israel which is not on the list, we are so waiting for you to come here - check it out if you hadn't get the chance to see it by now: https://www.facebook.com/Bring.Pearl.Jam.To.Israel - biggest fan page ever! )

Anyways, a question to the experienced seniors here:

1. I choose 2 different shows - GA.

From your experience what are the chances to be drawn for 2 different concerts? (20%?50%?80%?)

2. Do you know if this tour is final or PJ usually tend to add more concerts later on?

Thanks and have a great day :-)

V.
    there's never been lottery for Europe so who knows! It depends how many tickets they've got available and what shows you go for.

there was a lottery of sort for 2 added shows last time but because they were added a week later, people had already made travel plans and there were probably not as much in demand so afaik everyone got them... the ONLY time I ever got anything at lotteries... I ALWAYS get tickets with normal sales (including last time when there was the shamble), never with lotteries.. don't expect it to be any different this time :( (but then that's probably just my bad luck.. I'd rather rely on tenacity than luck though).

there certainly will be more shows (2nd Amsterdam, 2nd Leeds, or maybe Scotland or Ireland, something maybe between Italy and Vienna or Oslo and Poland..). They normally play 2 days, off 1, unless travelling distances require more, which in several places in the current gaps it doesn't. You got to pay people/equipment on tour even on days off so they fill up the schedule!
  • I'm strongly considering going to the UK for Leeds and Milton Keynes. Making a week out of it. How difficult would it be to stay in London for the week and trek to the north country for the shows? I'm probably 80% sure I'm gonna make it happen.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    veredcn wrote:

thanks.

Vered
    Early entry, that's it.
    In Europe 10c GA is never separated from regular GA, you just get in earlier then the regular GAs are free to come clubbing you out ;)
  • If I'm a member of tenclub, therefore a pretty surefire fan of pearl jam, why do I have to go into a lotto draw to get a ticket? surely pearl jam would like their dedicated fans to be there? or would they prefer to alienate the fans who lose out in the draw, and fail to get a public ticket... or am i completely reading it wrong?????
    29/10/96 (Wembley) 29/05/00 (Wembley)
    04/06/00 (Manchester) 06/06/00 (Cardiff)
    14/02/03 (Sydney) 25/08/06 (Leeds)
    18/06/07 (Wembley) 17/08/09 (Manchester)
    18/08/09 (O2 - London
  • retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    ohhhhhhhhh...PJ in Italy........oh how I wish! a bottle of wine and my Immagine in Cornice DVD will probably be the closest I get. :lol:
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    I'm strongly considering going to the UK for Leeds and Milton Keynes. Making a week out of it. How difficult would it be to stay in London for the week and trek to the north country for the shows? I'm probably 80% sure I'm gonna make it happen.

Both should be pretty easy to get to from London. Leeds is much further north - but you can get a direct train from London in less than 2 and a half hours. You might want to think about staying in Leeds after the show though?

Fast trains from London to MK only take half an hour, so you could go up and back in the day. Not sure what links from Bowl to train station are like but would imagine they have something sorted (dedicated buses or something).

Hope that helps! :D
  • nigel wrote:
    I'm strongly considering going to the UK for Leeds and Milton Keynes. Making a week out of it. How difficult would it be to stay in London for the week and trek to the north country for the shows? I'm probably 80% sure I'm gonna make it happen.

Both should be pretty easy to get to from London. Leeds is much further north - but you can get a direct train from London in less than 2 and a half hours. You might want to think about staying in Leeds after the show though?

Fast trains from London to MK only take half an hour, so you could go up and back in the day. Not sure what links from Bowl to train station are like but would imagine they have something sorted (dedicated buses or something).

Hope that helps! :D
    Excellent. Thank you nigel. Yeah, it probably makes sense to stay overnight in Leeds. I'm sure there will be many Londoners traveling the rails to and from the shows, so I'm not too concerned. Do trains run 24/7? What time do the trains within the UK stop each night?
  • Another question for you guys.... I am in the lottery for the Milton Keynes tickets and it says on ticketmaster the doors open at 2pm . Does that sound right enough ? I was planning on traveling down on the train that morning from Glasgow and wouldn't get into Milton Keynes till 2pm . So am i right in saying i would miss the use of the early entry for 10c members ? :roll:
    Pegasus thanks so much for your response

early entry for GA thats alot isnt it? if i just want to be close to the stage and u get to stand close to stage by early entry, thats really something isnt it?
  • Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    I never did this lottery thing.
    Now i just read:
    Drawing Entries Open: Fri, December 13th at 9am CTE in Europe (12am PST in the US).

I did not decide yet, does that mean, when I decide for example on Sunday which concerts I want to put in,
    that there have been drawing already names?
  • No PORTUGAL :fp: WHY???????????????? :-o