Options

Pearl Jam Announces Summer 2014 European Tour

Comments

• Options
    neta6neta6 Poland Posts: 9
    Milano (if I get tickets...) 20.06, Soundgarden in Oświęcim - 27.06 and one more time PJ - in Gdynia... Three weeks of rockin in the free world!!!! I can't wait :D
    Chorzów 2007, Gdynia 2010, Berlin 2012, Milan 2014, Gdynia 2014
  • Options
    raivoraivo Posts: 49
    I have a question regarding Ziggo Dome - how bad is it regarding smoking - I want to bring my kid to the show but don t want him to get passively high during the show :)
    (Berlin would be another option but although it s outside, people smoke there quite a lot)
  • Options
    I try to get the tickets to Leeds :P
    Leeds 2014 / Milton Keynes 2014 / Barcelona 2018 / Lisboa 2018
  • Options
    Entered the lottery for Amsterdam tickets. Lets see how that plays out.

Is it just me, or should 10C come up with some sort of way to pass on/sell tickets? I fully appreciate the reasons for the strict rules, however, considering that the purchase is made 6 months in advance lots of stuff could get in the way (kids getting ill, work, cancelled/delayed flights etc.). As I live in Denmark I wouldn't be able to stop by, pick up the tickets and give them to someone else.

The possibility of passing on to other 10C'ers only, passing on without wristbands or something along those lines does not seem totally unreasonable. Or does it? Or maybe being able to pass on with a signed power of attorney with a copy of my photo ID (or even the actual ID) thereby eliminating the risk of someone selling the tickets to someone random on Ebay.

I could of course take my chances at the general sale, but then I of course would have worse chances and I would not get a wristband - and as I do of course intend to actually go that would just be stupid not to have.

Especially this is a problem as I will be travelling with someone who, in the event that I for whatever reason cannot go, will also lose his ticket (along with air-ticket, hotel etc.). It would only be fair that I reimburse him for the loss that I am responsible for. That would then cost me two tickets, to air-fares and a hotel totalling at least $1,150 due to the flight prices from where I live.

I don't wanna be the complaining type as I generally think this whole 10C ticket thing is excellent and also find the tickets to be priced reasonably compared to similar concerts in Europe. I just think the financial risk of inviting a friend to go is a bit unfair.

Anyways, maybe I don't get the tickets and will have to try getting (unrestricted) general sale tickets on Friday.
    Copenhagen 2007 / Copenhagen 2012 / Amsterdam 1 2014.
  • Options
    raivo wrote:
    I have a question regarding Ziggo Dome - how bad is it regarding smoking - I want to bring my kid to the show but don t want him to get passively high during the show :)
    (Berlin would be another option but although it s outside, people smoke there quite a lot)

Never had smoking problems at Ziggodome. Once in a while I have seen one or two people smoking something,
    but, from my experience, it should no be a problem
  • Options
    Is there a special link to get to the 10c tickets? I don't remember having to use the email to get my Fall tour fix or get rejected for wrigley.
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    hi guys!
    i'm ten new member of the club. you know if I buy tickets for ten club, I can be close to the stage. thanks!!!I'm sorry for my English
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,633

Is it just me, or should 10C come up with some sort of way to pass on/sell tickets? I fully appreciate the reasons for the strict rules, however, considering that the purchase is made 6 months in advance lots of stuff could get in the way (kids getting ill, work, cancelled/delayed flights etc.). As I live in Denmark I wouldn't be able to stop by, pick up the tickets and give them to someone else.

The possibility of passing on to other 10C'ers only, passing on without wristbands or something along those lines does not seem totally unreasonable. Or does it? Or maybe being able to pass on with a signed power of attorney with a copy of my photo ID (or even the actual ID) thereby eliminating the risk of someone selling the tickets to someone random on Ebay.

I could of course take my chances at the general sale, but then I of course would have worse chances and I would not get a wristband - and as I do of course intend to actually go that would just be stupid not to have.

Especially this is a problem as I will be travelling with someone who, in the event that I for whatever reason cannot go, will also lose his ticket (along with air-ticket, hotel etc.). It would only be fair that I reimburse him for the loss that I am responsible for. That would then cost me two tickets, to air-fares and a hotel totalling at least $1,150 due to the flight prices from where I live.

I don't wanna be the complaining type as I generally think this whole 10C ticket thing is excellent and also find the tickets to be priced reasonably compared to similar concerts in Europe. I just think the financial risk of inviting a friend to go is a bit unfair.

Anyways, maybe I don't get the tickets and will have to try getting (unrestricted) general sale tickets on Friday.

I get it, but if you think there is a concern that you can't make it you should go with the public sale. Indirectly this helps 10c tickets for the locals. It would be chaos if we all could buy tickets and transfer them. People would abuse the system and start scalping.
  • Options
    My point is that I expect to make it but that there is always a risk. And that that risk is very expensive.

Allowing a friend to pick up the tickets by showing my actual drivers license surely wouldn't mean chaos and it would solve the problem.

Hope it won't be a problem for me but I'm sure it will for someone.
  • Options
    raivo wrote:
    In Holland it's forbidden to smoke inside buildings. So Ziggo Dome will be smoke free. :D
    Antwerp 2006 Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Berlin 2009 Manchester 2009 London 2009 Dublin 2010 Belfast 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Manchester I 2012 Amsterdam I 2012 Amsterdam II (Hell Yeah!!) 2012 Berlin II 2012 EV Amsterdam I 2012 Brad Utrecht 2013 Amsterdam I 2014 Amsterdam II 2014 Berlin 2014
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    Had to switch Vienna to Stockholm (with Berlin) in lottery. Little conflict with schedule vs other activities that week. Would have had to take a bit too tight (and risky) travel schedule. We'll visit Vienna other time..

Also, apparently bosses appreciate two days off better than three days off. Huh, go figure :? :roll:
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459

I get it, but if you think there is a concern that you can't make it you should go with the public sale. Indirectly this helps 10c tickets for the locals. It would be chaos if we all could buy tickets and transfer them. People would abuse the system and start scalping.
    i agree..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    So Leeds is the closest show for me but because my automatic membership renewal happens to be the exact same day as the ticket announcement I won't be able to enter the lottery, doesn't seem very fair. think I would rather just try my luck with the public sale, at least then if they add extra dates that I'd prefer then I will have a chance of getting rid.
    Its quite rubbish having a renewal date in December. It means you get the 10c gifts in February following year all with 2013 splashed over it.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    petrimp wrote:
    veredcn wrote:
    Hi guys
    When does the public sale starts?
    And from your experience how long till sold out from the sale start?
    Thanks!
    Shows tend to get sold out pretty quickly (Stockholm last year was sold out in 10 minutes, if I remember right). I'd say this tour tickets will be gone in 10-20 minutes as LB has been selling well, but it varies. I wouldn't waste time on purchasing tickets...

I can confirm that Stockholm last year was sold out very quickly. I couldnt catch it since I opted to purchase Berlin tickets first. It was traumatic. :cry: :evil:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    jumbojet wrote:
    petrimp wrote:
    veredcn wrote:
    Hi guys
    When does the public sale starts?
    And from your experience how long till sold out from the sale start?
    Thanks!
    Shows tend to get sold out pretty quickly (Stockholm last year was sold out in 10 minutes, if I remember right). I'd say this tour tickets will be gone in 10-20 minutes as LB has been selling well, but it varies. I wouldn't waste time on purchasing tickets...

I can confirm that Stockholm last year was sold out very quickly. I couldnt catch it since I opted to purchase Berlin tickets first. It was traumatic. :cry: :evil:
    the venue in stockholm now is 3 times bigger,maybe more..will not sold the same
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    FR181798 wrote:
    So Leeds is the closest show for me but because my automatic membership renewal happens to be the exact same day as the ticket announcement I won't be able to enter the lottery, doesn't seem very fair. think I would rather just try my luck with the public sale, at least then if they add extra dates that I'd prefer then I will have a chance of getting rid.
    Its quite rubbish having a renewal date in December. It means you get the 10c gifts in February following year all with 2013 splashed over it.

That doesn't seem right. I mean I understand, shit happens, but if you have Auto-renewel set up then surely you are "always" a member? If that happened to me, I'd be livid. Just sayin...
  • Options
    Hi there,

So happy to see them again this summer! It's gonna be a rockin' spring for me in Holland, as I've already tickets for Soundgarden, Nine Inch Nails and Tori Amos.

My drawing entry for Amsterdam is confirmed. I've only marked GA, as I really prefer standing. When I don't get tickets through the Ten Club I will try to get standing (or even seating) tickets through the public sale. This means a risk to get bad seating tickets or even no tickets at all. I doubt about changing my drawing preferences and to add reserved seating tickets as my second choice. Then I probably don't have to go for the public sale and I'm sure to have good seating places, but that excludes the option to get standing tickets through the public sale after all.

What do you guys do?
  • Options
    stefanovic wrote:
    Hi there,

So happy to see them again this summer! It's gonna be a rockin' spring for me in Holland, as I've already tickets for Soundgarden, Nine Inch Nails and Tori Amos.

My drawing entry for Amsterdam is confirmed. I've only marked GA, as I really prefer standing. When I don't get tickets through the Ten Club I will try to get standing (or even seating) tickets through the public sale. This means a risk to get bad seating tickets or even no tickets at all. I doubt about changing my drawing preferences and to add reserved seating tickets as my second choice. Then I probably don't have to go for the public sale and I'm sure to have good seating places, but that excludes the option to get standing tickets through the public sale after all.

What do you guys do?
    if i was you,i would enter second option reserved tix..cos 1st,more chances to get tix,second the venue is so awesome ans seated area when 10c will have seats is amazing..+ u can try to trade your reserved to 10c GA or public sale GA
    not easy,but still more chances
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    the venue in stockholm now is 3 times bigger,maybe more..will not sold the same
    Well that's true. But on the other hand, last year it had been already three years since last album. Now there's some leverage from success of Lightning Bolt, so the band is on higher demand I'd assume. Just speculating :think:
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    When we know if there are two shows in some places?
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    mcolombo wrote:

Amsterdam and Leeds have room in the calendar for extra shows, other shows do not, or seem really unlikely.

The 2nd shows might go on sale as soon as the first one has sold out, so be prepared.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mrk2 wrote:
    mcolombo wrote:

Amsterdam and Leeds have room in the calendar for extra shows, other shows do not, or seem really unlikely.

The 2nd shows might go on sale as soon as the first one has sold out, so be prepared.

Thanx ;)
  • Options
    mrk2 wrote:
    mcolombo wrote:

1st july to copenhagen,is wide open!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mrk2 wrote:
    mcolombo wrote:

1st july to copenhagen,is wide open!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Would it not be somewhat unusual to add a new venue? I guess they haven't chosen Copenhagen for a reason. And it's not like Stockholm or Oslo is just around the corner. Berlin or Amsterdam are probably better choices for most Danes.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    I guess any additional cities will be festivals, that for some reason have not yet announced their lineup, so PJ couldn't make an announcement themselves.

Still hoping for Helsinki on July 1st. It's not uncommon to have 1 day festivals even during weekdays that are heavily centered around the headliner, but the promotor didn't want to take a risk and have them play a smaller arena show. They did this for Neil Young last summer, played a show in a park on a tuesday, but it was sort of billed as a festival. Also had a 3 day festival on a beach in Helsinki with shows on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in late June (Rock The Beach). They haven't announced anything for this year yet.

It would make sense to ship the stage and PA from Norway to UK and then play festivals (??, Opener, Werchter) using only the backline gear (instruments, amps etc). Those can be easily flown from one place to another..
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    ComatosedComatosed Sydney, Australia Posts: 93
    Hi all. I was lucky enough to get a pair of ten club tickets to the Eddie Vedder solo show at the Opera House in Feb next year. I am going by myself so only need the one ticket. I was hoping there is someone in the same boat as me but with a ticket for the Sydney State Theatre show. Would be perfect if I could get a clean swap. Please contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tardo_2001@yahoo.com">tardo_2001@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> if you are interested.
    Pearl Jam                                                         Eddie Vedder  
    Sydney - 11/3/1995                                           Sydney - 18/3/2011  
     Sydney - 9/3/1998                                            Sydney - 19/3/2011
     Sydney - 11/3/1998                                          Sydney - 13/2/2014
     Sydney - 12/3/1998
     Sydney - 11/2/2003
     Sydney - 13/2/2003
     Sydney - 14/2/2003
     Sydney - 7/11/2006
     Sydney - 8/11/2006
     Sydney - 18/11/2006
     Sydney - 22/11/2009
     Sydney - 26/1/2014

• Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,887
    Would it not be somewhat unusual to add a new venue? I guess they haven't chosen Copenhagen for a reason. And it's not like Stockholm or Oslo is just around the corner. Berlin or Amsterdam are probably better choices for most Danes.

Nope. Prague came out of nowhere last year, after all the other shows had been announced, so never say never!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    DamianKDamianK Posts: 192
    No, it shouldn't be. You have to be present and show photo id to pick-up the tickets. Afterwards, you can give your spare ticket to someone else.[/quote] Ok I understand, I take the tickets the day of the show, then I can give to someone. The problem is to find someone who is ok to pay for a ticket he will have only before the show, I guess... Thanks for your answer. If someone has experienced that, tell me about! Cause with 2 shows * 2 tickets, it's a BIG money!! I'm hesitating..[/quote]

It should be fine. I just did it in Seattle where both me & a mate won the ticket lottery. I sold my reserved seats to a fellow 10 clubber after advertising them on here (face value). I kept in touch with him in the lead up to the gig and all was fine. Met up an hour before doors opened and all good! I think you'll find people here are an honest bunch and the tickets will be much sought after once they sell out. I'm sure you won't have any issues. You could always ask for a deposit? It's a 2 way thing though. whoever is buying the tickets is relying on you too! Hell, I may be in touch if I'm unlucky tomorrow!
  • Options
    Cant believe they announced Leeds. The new arena has just opened and me and the wife were discussing whether they would stop here if a European tour happened. I normally travel to Manchester, which is no trouble, but to have them on my doorstep is amazing. Now I just need the tickets. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    scotty2003 wrote:
    Cant believe they announced Leeds. The new arena has just opened and me and the wife were discussing whether they would stop here if a European tour happened. I normally travel to Manchester, which is no trouble, but to have them on my doorstep is amazing. Now I just need the tickets. Fingers crossed.
    So, I told one of my friends at work who grew up in Leeds that PJ was playing there and he was super excited, but didn't know where the arena was. So he looked it up at Googlemaps and told me I should probably check to make sure it's been constructed (check out the picture on Googlemaps) lol.