Options

Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
edited January 2014 in A Moving Train
Just saw The Conjuring last night with my daughter. Up until a few hours ago we were still curled up in the fetal position. :lol:

Anyone here ever experience anything paranormal? I'm curious how those with no belief in anything spiritual view such events or are they just dismissed as nonsense? Would love to read others stories. I have a few of my own ill share if there's any interest.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie... thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds ...

That's a big Twinkie.

:geek:
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    i haven't. we were just talking about this over the weekend in chicago and a friend of mine claims to be "sensitive" to paranormal things. interesting stuff.

i do believe that spirits or residual energy can get "stuck" and be unable to move on. they say this is very common in places where people have died tragically.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I've had some weird experiences over the years for sure. I'd say it started in the house I grew up in. I never noticed anything when I was a kid, but after I got married and my wife and I had our first child, things started happening.

When my daughter was just getting old enough to hold her head up on her own, and respond to faces by giggling and laughing, and just generally interact with us, something strange happened.

My wife was holding her over her shoulder trying to burp her. She was sitting in a chair in the living room with her back to the kitchen. So my daughter is laying there and suddenly jerks her head up looking into the kitchen and starts to giggle. My wife kind of lifts her forward to see what she's doing and my daughters eyes are just fixed on something, and she's moving her head to the left and right back and forth as if she's following movement and then she giggles again and buries her face in my wife's should, which was typical of her when we would play. Then she lifted her head up, smiled big again and then followed the movement to the right, and actually strained to look around my wife's head as if whatever she was watching was being blocked from her sight.

My wife smiled and turned around saying "we got you daddy!" thinking it was me sneaking up on them, but when she turned around no one was there. It really freaked her out, and she got my daughter and went to the back room where I had been lying down watching TV. She asked if I was in there, and I said no, then she proceeded to tell me what happened. Weird to say the least.

The next big event...and when I say big...I mean this is something that we still recall as if it happened last night, even though it was 1997. On Halloween night we went to sleep as normal. Now, my daughter who was 4 months at the time, was able to sleep through the night pretty well. If she cried, my wife was on it immediately, because she usually sat with her out in the living room until she fell back asleep and then put her back in bed. On the few occasions when she brought her into our bed, she just lifted her up, blankets and all and laid her in bed with us...but that rarely happened at this age.

We wake up about 7:30 in the morning because we hear my daughter crying, but she is lying right between us. No blankets, and she's actually on top of our covers. My wife asks me when I went and got her...and I was like...stop, you know I didn't get her. She sat up, and she was serious "no...when did you get her? I didn't, and why didn't you put her under the covers with us?" I sat up fully awake and saw her lying there, and she was...it was just like someone sat her in on top of our bed while we were laying there sleeping. To this day I swear on everything I love, that I never got up that night. I never got her, and I'm not one to sleep walk. My wife swears the same thing, and she always wrapped her up in blankets. Also, why would either of us laid her on top of our blankets? It would have made getting back into bed awkward at the least.

I have others, but those two are by far the ones that stick with me the most. I always felt like my grandmother's presence was with us. She and I were extremely close, and she died a few years before I got married. I never ever felt scared in that house, and I never felt dread, or fear. It was just odd...like something was there, but just beyond our site.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    wow man, that is creepy!

they say most times it is kids who see those kinds of things.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Ever hear of the "Old Hag Phenomenon"? It happened to me once in 1998. I was dreaming that I was flying above a lake surrounded by mountains and following what appeared to be an angel, until the angel suddenly turned around and revealed itself as a hag-like ghost. The hag rushed at me and right as it got up close to me I woke up but I was paralyzed and there seemed to be a electrical glowing force holding me down... I could not move a muscle for about 10 seconds, though it seemed longer. Finally the apparition vanished and everything was normal. I sat up and looked around and saw nothing but the dim light of my clock radio and VCR. I had been sleeping on my back, which is unusual for me. It took me awhile to go back to sleep as I kept replaying what had happened in my mind.

Supposedly this can be explained by sleep-paralysis... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I just find it odd that so many people who experience this see a hag, or a witch, or some kind of demonic entity.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    kenny olav wrote:
    Ever hear of the "Old Hag Phenomenon"? It happened to me once in 1998. I was dreaming that I was flying above a lake surrounded by mountains and following what appeared to be an angel, until the angel suddenly turned around and revealed itself as a hag-like ghost. The hag rushed at me and right as it got up close to me I woke up but I was paralyzed and there seemed to be a electrical glowing force holding me down... I could not move a muscle for about 10 seconds, though it seemed longer. Finally the apparition vanished and everything was normal. I sat up and looked around and saw nothing but the dim light of my clock radio and VCR. I had been sleeping on my back, which is unusual for me. It took me awhile to go back to sleep as I kept replaying what had happened in my mind.

Supposedly this can be explained by sleep-paralysis... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I just find it odd that so many people who experience this see a hag, or a witch, or some kind of demonic entity.

wow crazy but I have a very similar experience. don't remember seeing anything per se but had a feeling of someone/something being on top of me keeping me down. was sleeping on my back as well, and like you not something I do very often, and couldn't move for at least 10 seconds. then kind of felt something move away/off me and then could move again. it was really strange in that it wasn't a scary thing necessarily but definitely too this day still fully aware of it and the feeling of it.

another story is more of a paranoia story probably but used to work in an office that my boss and I swore was haunted. used to work late a lot of times in this office and we both swore that at times at night we would hear things. one time I distinctly remember being there alone and swear i heard the front door of the office open and close (could hear it from my office) and got up to see if anyone was around and no one was there and the hallway outside (was a glass door) was fully empty.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    chad
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I had a really weird experience when I came home from university at my parents' house.

I awoke from sleep late in the evening to whispering and giggling by more than one small voice. I never arose... I just lied there with my head on pillow and my eyes open thinking, "What is that?"

It was as if my bed had an electrical switch and somebody turned it on- my bed began to gently hum and vibrate. I felt my comforter move slightly on top of me and then... my comforter suddenly and violently pulled me into my mattress. It was as if four little gremlins at each corner of my comforter and bed all pulled at the same time with all their strength.

At this point I was frightened, but the comforter had squeezed the wind out of me- I couldn't get anything out of my mouth to yell. After 3-4 seconds... I popped straight up off my bed as the comforter had become light as a feather. The forces holding the comforter down had all relinquished their grip at the exact time. As I did jump out of bed... I'm embarrassed to say I let out an eerie yell- the same one that was stifled earlier and one I didn't know I had in me.

To this day... I have passed it off as one really vivid dream. But I have never had a dream remotely close to that one before. Very very realistic.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i dove off the bank of a pond on our land.
    the water was not clear.

my head hit the bottom and i felt my spine and skull meet.
    i tried to take in a deep breath.

i felt a hand cover my mouth
    underwater.

i did not drown.

that is the only event i can recall.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    wow man, that is creepy!

they say most times it is kids who see those kinds of things.

Yeah, kids and dogs. Thankfully I have dog now that has like a laser beam focus on our safety. I mean she gets pissed and starts barking if the kids are playing too rough. She's a real hard ass. :lol: So I always use her as kind of a gauge on anything. If she acts weird I kind of get the freak outs...if she gets alarmed, I get alarmed.

The house we just moved out of was built in 1970, and after we lived there for about a year somehow it came up about haunted places, and how the old owners nephew would never stay there. Well, one year we were going out of town for a week and I asked if he wouldn't mind staying there just to keep an eye on the house and our dogs. He was like, "oh hell to the no!" So I was just giving him some crap and was asking him if he was afraid, and he just said "absolutely". It kind of gave me pause, because he's an upstanding kid (well, not a kid but 25), and I could tell he wasn't BS'ing me.

He said when he was about 13, he was asleep on the couch in the living room. There was a nightlight on in the corner of the room. He said he started to wake up with the feeling like someone was standing over him. You know how you get that sensation when someone is really close in your personal space. So he opened his eyes, and he saw a man standing there, but he was blurry and he could see the night light shimmering through this "person". He immediately shot out of the room, and he's been scared of that place ever since.

I do know that 2 people died there...a father and then about 10 years later his son. I never had anything at all happen there, but I 100% believe this guy just because of who he is and knowing his personality.
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:

Ok, that officially scared me just reading it.
  • Options
    I had a really weird experience when I came home from university at my parents' house.

I awoke from sleep late in the evening to whispering and giggling by more than one small voice. I never arose... I just lied there with my head on pillow and my eyes open thinking, "What is that?"

It was as if my bed had an electrical switch and somebody turned it on- my bed began to gently hum and vibrate. I felt my comforter move slightly on top of me and then... my comforter suddenly and violently pulled me into my mattress. It was as if four little gremlins at each corner of my comforter and bed all pulled at the same time with all their strength.

At this point I was frightened, but the comforter had squeezed the wind out of me- I couldn't get anything out of my mouth to yell. After 3-4 seconds... I popped straight up off my bed as the comforter had become light as a feather. The forces holding the comforter down had all relinquished their grip at the exact time. As I did jump out of bed... I'm embarrassed to say I let out an eerie yell- the same one that was stifled earlier and one I didn't know I had in me.

To this day... I have passed it off as one really vivid dream. But I have never had a dream remotely close to that one before. Very very realistic.

That is nuts. I was just reading somewhere else about how this guy was hearing voices, and his family already had paranormal experiences. He was sitting in his home office one evening and he felt his chair start to vibrate and then it felt like someone was tugging on his shoulder.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    the water was not clear.

underwater.

i did not drown.

Wow, that's crazy. It actually felt like a hand?
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    Shawshank wrote:
    ajedigecko wrote:
    the water was not clear.

underwater.

i did not drown.

yes.

i vividly recall attempting to take a breathe. i was 12 or 13.

Wow, that's crazy. It actually felt like a hand?
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick wrote:
    chad
    At the risk of sounding cheesy...I love you, man :)

This thread gives me a bit of the heebee-jeebies, because I do believe shit happens that is strange and illogical (to us), and isn't necessarily outside the realms of possibility.

And in a strange sense, the heebee-jeebies are countered with a sense of comfort; wish I could articulate it better.
  • Options
    Just curious if anyone out there who has absolutely no belief in God...do you believe in Spirits, Ghosts, whatever?
  • Options
    Shawshank wrote:
    Just curious if anyone out there who has absolutely no belief in God...do you believe in Spirits, Ghosts, whatever?

Here is a story: Moved into our house and on a very, very, hot July afternoon I was doing the dishes and the side door was open so some air could get through the screen door. I saw this vapour like mist come right into the house and down the basement stairs. We had been in this house about two months. I follow it downstairs and it was so bloody cold down there. I looked around and felt eerily child. I just stated that whoever they were looking for didn't live there anymore and went back up the stairs. Not even two weeks later, I'm gabbing with the new neighbour and she causually says to me, "did they tell you about the old lady who died in the basement, I think that they old man had enough of her being sick and pushed her". Oh that may have explained that.

I don't believe in god but..............after my dad died I was sleeping and I felt something on the end of my bed kind of playing with my feet. My dad used to do that when he tucked me in when I was young. I opened my eyes and I swear it was him. He looked me dead in the eyes and told me everything was going to be okay. Over twenty five years later and at a different residence, my mother died. I awoke, sitting straight up in bed the night after she passed away with my hand out stretched and when I caught on to what was going down, my mom was above me with her hand trying to touch mine and she said the exact same thing as my dad years ago. Everything was going to be okay. Who knows but the mind of the body and the matter that make up this world are crazy things.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    hedonist wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    chad
    At the risk of sounding cheesy...I love you, man :)

This thread gives me a bit of the heebee-jeebies, because I do believe shit happens that is strange and illogical (to us), and isn't necessarily outside the realms of possibility.

And in a strange sense, the heebee-jeebies are countered with a sense of comfort; wish I could articulate it better.
    cheesy? naaa, not cheesy. thank you for the kindness. i'll try & go back through here later & read the posts.

when i typed in my name, "chad" i was getting at the fact that paranormal energy/activity follows me around or has been attached to me since as far back as i can remember. i won't share everything because it is to much & to long & to private & to be kept inside of me & not thrown out there for everyone to judge & dissect me & my whatever it may be i have going on.

ghostly visitors... X
    intensely active & accurate intuition (psychic ability?) that has saved my family & my life, changed my life & guided me along through this life despite my wrecklessness & amazed folks... X
    guardian angels... X
    just about daily something (or multiple events) shows their force & reality... X

honestly i don't even wanna click submit but i will & i may delete this at any time. please do not quote this

all in all i'm one fucked up dude. my insides literally scream at me & race around guiding me along on a carefree supernatural whirlwind. sometimes exhausting, sometimes electrifying. i think i want a slice of watermelon

to bad i only have spaghetti

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    yes, asterial projection and ghosts or sprits what ever you want to call them but not for a few(7-8) years now but they came to me quite often for many years one time 3 of them held me down on my bed and wouldn't let me up and when the fear turned to anger I couldn't move so spit on the one sitting on my chest...no I couldn't see them but I felt 3 holding me down(sitting on me) at my legs ,waist and chest.
    I also have a witness to one of my asterial projection episodes ...blew his frigging mind :lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    never knew you were into shamonism, godfather. well played

nice stories, everyone.

i've had the old hag experience a number of times & after awhile i think you grow stronger & whatever it is can't hold you down anymore. basically i kick her ass. i admit it may sound a bit odd but it is fun for me because it trains you to be stronger mentally, physically & spiritually. i also have grown to enjoy the feeling of not being able to move for a bit until focused. old ass hag will forever be less powerful than we are. this hasn't happened in quite awhile & that is fine

although twice on two different occations, something drug my brother ryan out of his bed & threw him onto the bedroom floor. he also sweared to god that a bird was a delivery messenger resting on his windowsill

can any of you control your dreams?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    chadwick wrote:
    can any of you control your dreams?

Is that called lucid dreaming? I can force myself to wake up, and can control them to a limited point.

I've experienced ghosts, seen only shadows, and am intuitive to a degree. Oh and I'm somewhat of an empath.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don't believe in god but..............after my dad died I was sleeping and I felt something on the end of my bed kind of playing with my feet. My dad used to do that when he tucked me in when I was young. I opened my eyes and I swear it was him. He looked me dead in the eyes and told me everything was going to be okay. Over twenty five years later and at a different residence, my mother died. I awoke, sitting straight up in bed the night after she passed away with my hand out stretched and when I caught on to what was going down, my mom was above me with her hand trying to touch mine and she said the exact same thing as my dad years ago. Everything was going to be okay. Who knows but the mind of the body and the matter that make up this world are crazy things.
    I found this incredibly touching...even teared up a bit when I read it aloud to my sweetie.

As to controlling dreams, I'm kinda with backseat - sometimes when in that sweet semi-conscious zone, sort of drifting off, on, floating, letting thoughts and images and fantasy do their thing.

It's pretty cool.
  • Options
    Possibly I have:

1) A few weeks after moving into my new house about 2 years ago, I heard some noise coming from the attic. I went up there and I opened a box to find a toy train from my childhood turned on. There was no way it could have been turned on.

2) One night I was sitting in my room and my dog was in there as well. We heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and my dog heard them as well. I assumed it was my brother coming home from work, so playfully I told my dog to "go get him." The footsteps stopped so I assumed my bro went straight to his room.

An hour later I went downstairs because my mom ordered a pizza ( :D ) and my mom sad=id to remind my brother there is pizza when he got home. I said, "I'll just go tell him now. He is upstairs." Then my mom told me he didn't get off work for another hour.

3) My bro had his light in his room turn on while he was sleeping. It was not me I swear. :lol:

4) I hear footstep-ish sounds from the attic, but it could be an animal, im not positive.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    kenny olav wrote:

When I was about 12 I went upstairs in my Mum's house and as I passed her room - she was downstairs watching t.v - I noticed an old lady standing in her bedroom doorway. I smiled, or nodded at her, and carried on to my bedroom just thinking that it must have been my Nan. Then I sat down and looked back across the hallway and there was nobody there. I went back downstairs and asked my Mum if my Nan was here and she said no.
  • Options
    nice stuff, byrnzie.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    shawshank,

the story about your daughter being placed into bed between your wife & you is absolutely incredible. thank you for sharing that story with us. so very friggin nuts

lastnight i lied in bed thinking on this & other stories i read here. there are several supernatural threads here on pj & i am loving it that many are sharing the events they experience(d). these are the topics i wanna dwell in, they can keep the sports threads & the michael bolton fan club threads 13 miles away as far as im concerned :mrgreen:

still though i believe you want a debate on this topic as this is the mt

carry on
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    no
    and i want to so badly
    i had an especially comforting dream after my husband died
    waking the instant we communicated
    but it was just a dream . . .
    just a dream
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    dreams are so important tho, mysticweed

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Shawshank wrote:
    No
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Shawshank wrote:
    I don't.
    Currently equate the two, belief in god and seeing visions/events, as coping mechanisms.

I don't though say that either can't happen and I don’t judge as I’m agnostic and not all knowing…it’s just in "my reality" neither god or goblins have presented themselves to me.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG