Options

Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

Comments

• Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    chadwick wrote:
    shawshank,

the story about your daughter being placed into bed between your wife & you is absolutely incredible. thank you for sharing that story with us. so very friggin nuts

lastnight i lied in bed thinking on this & other stories i read here. there are several supernatural threads here on pj & i am loving it that many are sharing the events they experience(d). these are the topics i wanna dwell in, they can keep the sports threads & the michael bolton fan club threads 13 miles away as far as im concerned :mrgreen:

still though i believe you want a debate on this topic as this is the mt

carry on

Thanks man, yeah it was a crazy experience for sure. I guess the thing is, I have an easier time believing she "floated" into our bed, than I do that my wife or I brought her in like that. :crazy: :crazy:
  • Options
    Man my memory must be absolute crap, because I forgot all about posting this last February......

FROM A DIFFERENT THREAD

I've had a couple of things, but I'll start with the one here that has at least some sort of physical manifestation as well. I've posted this before a couple years back. As some on here know, I'm a big history geek. I love U.S. Civil War history more than anything else.

Anyway, my wife and I decided to take a trip to Gettysburg back in Feb. 2004. I had always wanted to go there, mostly for the history, but also for the experiences so many people have reported. It's quite possibly one of the most haunted places in the world. Anyway, you do get a sense of something there, and I just can't quite describe it. It's just powerful. It's weird though, because it doesn't feel like it's just because a big battle was fought there. I mean the place is just electric. They say that going back hundreds of years before the area was even settled by Europeans there was a huge Indian battle as well in that area.

So we had been touring around quite a bit on our own. My wife spent most of the time just relaxing, while I would go to areas of the battlefield that corresponded with a book I was reading. It was awesome to be reading the descriptions of the events written by the people who experienced them first hand, and actually see the same layout of the land they were describing, right down to the rocks and other features. At one point I was by Seminary Ridge and heard the distinct sound of large caliber guns. Now, I have lived most of my live near Ft. Hood, TX and they are always doing maneuvers and firing the big guns that rattle the house windows. That's exactly what this sounded like. It wasn't a train, or machinery, it was a large gun that sounded deep and powerful. I looked around, and heard it again, along with what sounded like sporadic small arms fire. It was so odd, but I kind of just dismissed it. Then I started reading where others had heard the exact same thing, and there are theories it could be residual sounds from the battle. I guess similar to how magnetism allows you to record sound and video, it is theorized it can also capture residual sounds. Crazy stuff.

Guns were nothing though. We decided to go out on the battlefield at night. So we ate dinner and went out and took our camera. I had heard of people capturing orbs in pictures, and we were just going to goof around and take some pics to see if we could pick anything up. So my wife and I are out, the moon was full, it was pretty breezy and the few clouds scattered through the sky were moving fast. We were by the High Water Mark, the furthest most breach of the Union line that the Confederates made during Longstreet's (Picket's) Charge. Suddenly the winds were still, and I started to just take some random pics. I felt like a fool honestly. So I took a couple more quick ones, and my wife and I were getting ready to move to another area of the park. I took another pic, and there was nothing. I immediately took one more and when the flash went off, it looked like something shot across from left to right directly in front of me. I looked at my view finder and my jaw just dropped...............

wait for it........................

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    This is what I saw............this white...smokey looking "thing". The white "thing" appears to be looking right at the camera.

gettysburg.jpg

You can see in the picture "something" with a smokey white appearance seems to almost fly down in front of the camera as the pic is taken, and it has what appears to be a face turned towards the camera. I mean, you can almost make out wings on it, it's like it is flying down with it's head turned towards the camera. You can see what appear to be eyes, almost like what people picture and alien's eyes to look like. Definitely one of the scariest things ever.
  • Options
    Also, with regards to "residual" sounds that I described above that I've heard at Gettysburg and so many others have claimed to hear...even apparitions for that matter...I believe may be explained by our rather weak understanding of time. I guess what I'm saying is, our understanding of time may be flawed.

We see time as being a singular, measurable, linear, start-to-finish path of events
    beginning.jpg
    Sometimes I wonder though if time is something different. What if everything is happening at once? What if what we think are ghosts are actually just the events of a different time bleeding through? Kind of like an old TV with an antenna...sometimes you might get a "ghost" image of another channel bleeding through.

So instead of time being linear, you actually could have:
    beginningend.jpg
    So when you see reports of people seeing figures walk across a room, could it possibly be just a glimpse of a different time? Or going back to Gettysburg there are an almost endless number of stories where people see soldiers fade into view and then fade out again. Could it be that moment in time is just cross-feeding into where we are within our perception of time?

Man, I didn't think I'd go off in that direction today. :lol: I guess this stuff just fascinates me.
  • Options
    Neat pick Shawshank.

Another favourite that happens around the house since my mom has passed is smelling the perfume she used to wear. I swear she comes to visit at night when my better half is asleep and I awake and notice the fragrance and just kind of look around the room and smile to myself. But, the day my better half said to me in the middle of an afternoon that it smelled like my mom's old perfume and I could smell it too, I knew it was not just in my head. We laughed and said hello to her and thanked her for visiting and making sure we were doing okay.

On another note: my buddy his wife and two kids went and visited Auschwitz. His boys were young 4&2 I believe. Anyway the older one says to his dad" it feels like dead people in here". The kid DID NOT KNOW THE HISTORY BEHIND WHAT WENT DOWN THERE. As somebody mentioned earlier that kids pick up on stuff like that.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    Neat pick Shawshank.

Another favourite that happens around the house since my mom has passed is smelling the perfume she used to wear. I swear she comes to visit at night when my better half is asleep and I awake and notice the fragrance and just kind of look around the room and smile to myself. But, the day my better half said to me in the middle of an afternoon that it smelled like my mom's old perfume and I could smell it too, I knew it was not just in my head. We laughed and said hello to her and thanked her for visiting and making sure we were doing okay.

On another note: my buddy his wife and two kids went and visited Auschwitz. His boys were young 4&2 I believe. Anyway the older one says to his dad" it feels like dead people in here". The kid DID NOT KNOW THE HISTORY BEHIND WHAT WENT DOWN THERE. As somebody mentioned earlier that kids pick up on stuff like that.

Wow that's awesome!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    Shawshank wrote:
    You can see in the picture "something" with a smokey white appearance seems to almost fly down in front of the camera as the pic is taken, and it has what appears to be a face turned towards the camera. I mean, you can almost make out wings on it, it's like it is flying down with it's head turned towards the camera. You can see what appear to be eyes, almost like what people picture and alien's eyes to look like. Definitely one of the scariest things ever.

ok are those foot print like things and the two eyes like things off to the right supposed to be there too?
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    Shawshank wrote:

ok are those foot print like things and the two eyes like things off to the right supposed to be there too?

Yeah, those are just foot prints in the snow and two lights off in the distance.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    shawshank,

i'll be visiting gettysburg sometime in the near future i hope & i am going to be like a kid in a candy store i think. i totally know the electric feeling you speak of. life & the unknown are fascinating.

on time & how you explained blending/bleeding together for short random moments. i have felt this for years & i fully believe mankind has no idea of time & it is only a guess, and to us, a pretty decent one at that. since i was a kid i always thought the clock & calendar were incorrect, when i say kid, im talking young like 8 or 10 years old.

put it this way, there is more unknown happening down here in this life than the known of this life. as a matter of fact, earth is made up of countless paranormal activities (if you will) simultaneously blending/bleeding into ours, we ourselves could be & probably are not at all what we are lead to believe.

it is a massive cluster fuck of energy colliding with multiple time levels & none-time-levels where time has no meaning but somehow touches or lines up against our senses

how much of the human brain just lies about (so they say & we do not notice because we are simplistic & in a hurry w/ the daily grind) doing nothing?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Shawshank wrote:
    Just saw The Conjuring last night with my daughter. Up until a few hours ago we were still curled up in the fetal position. :lol:

Anyone here ever experience anything paranormal? I'm curious how those with no belief in anything spiritual view such events or are they just dismissed as nonsense? Would love to read others stories. I have a few of my own ill share if there's any interest.

The human mind is powerful. There is no paranormal.

The amazing Randi still offers $1million for viable proof. Never been claimed.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    to say there is no paranormal activity dwelling in time & in all of our lives across the planet is throughly insane & naive of anyone. the psychic energies, spirits, & events can not be proven easily if at all.

i have always had psychic ability land in my lap. i do not control anything as it just comes into me & after years of this i know the feeling of it. i caught on quickly & grew into myself.

lastnight i told a friend what color her family members' clothing was. i said, "green & pink" "i believe your son is wearing green today & your mom pink"

photo sent to me... green kid. pink senior citizen.

this message comes in vision blended with something i don't understand how to describe. randomly messages/signals appear without my doing anything but being open to this energy

these things happens constantly. im just along for the ride.

again, please, do not quote me directly but yes please let's share in debate

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Shawshank wrote:
    Just saw The Conjuring last night with my daughter. Up until a few hours ago we were still curled up in the fetal position. :lol:

Anyone here ever experience anything paranormal? I'm curious how those with no belief in anything spiritual view such events or are they just dismissed as nonsense? Would love to read others stories. I have a few of my own ill share if there's any interest.

I'm teetering the edge on agreement with you, I know my experiance was as real as it gets but I agree the human mind/brain is much more powerful than some beleive or think,I think the brain stores memories and events that are forgotton and may even store events experianced before live birth..........but now I'm getting a little trippy so back to our regular topic and stories of the paranormal. :mrgreen:

but just to note, I believe we all have a sprit and what happens to the sprit after death is open to debate and question.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    Shawshank wrote:

I'm teetering the edge on agreement with you, I know my experiance was as real as it gets but I agree the human mind/brain is much more powerful than some beleive or think,I think the brain stores memories and events that are forgotton and may even store events experianced before live birth..........but now I'm getting a little trippy so back to our regular topic and stories of the paranormal. :mrgreen:

but just to note, I believe we all have a sprit and what happens to the sprit after death is open to debate and question.

Godfather.

Hopefully my spirit lands itself on an awesome golf course.

Maybe your spirit can land on a gun range? :D
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    to say there is no paranormal activity dwelling in time & in all of our lives across the planet is throughly insane & naive of anyone. the psychic energies, spirits, & events can not be proven easily if at all.

i have always had psychic ability land in my lap. i do not control anything as it just comes into me & after years of this i know the feeling of it. i caught on quickly & grew into myself.

lastnight i told a friend what color her family members' clothing was. i said, "green & pink" "i believe your son is wearing green today & your mom pink"

this message comes in vision blended with something i don't understand how to describe. randomly messages/signals appear without my doing anything but being open to this energy

And as I mentioned you need to need to get your $1,000,000. I'm confident that you won't.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m- ... ation.html

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    just because our brains are incredible & mysterious does not mean supernatural activity happens or doesn't happen. supernatural events will be happening none stop with or without us & our fancy ass brains.

i am so very grateful i am a believer & more importantly, i am a participant in the unknown without ever having giving my permission to the supernatural. it finds who it wants; you have no say in the matter. this is how i feel it to be.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

And as I mentioned you need to need to get your $1,000,000. I'm confident that you won't.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m- ... ation.html
    i don't need to need anything about james randi's big dollars. he's a scared naive old dude who has to understand things. im perfectly thrilled being a small dollars guy. talking to him would be a waste of time

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

fair enough

I believe that we are animals and when we die we rot just like a dead raccoon at the side of a road. I cherish life but will not fool myself into thinking there is anything floating out of my body when I die.

• Options
    chadwick wrote:
    talking to him would be a waste of time

we agree

• Options
    chadwick wrote:
    just because our brains are incredible & mysterious does not mean supernatural activity happens or doesn't happen. supernatural events will be happening none stop with or without us & our fancy ass brains.

i am so very grateful i am a believer & more importantly, i am a participant in the unknown without ever having giving my permission to the supernatural. it finds who it wants; you have no say in the matter. this is how i feel it to be.

my point was that "supernatural" is only how are minds interpret it. What is supernatural to you is complete coincidence to me.

What color shirt am I wearing right now?

• Options
    chadwick wrote:

my point was that "supernatural" is only how are minds interpret it. What is supernatural to you is complete coincidence to me.

What color shirt am I wearing right now?
    it does not work this way, man. things just happen out of the clear blue sky. setting up a test is not how it works. things come when things come.

you have it all wrong & backwards & completely twisted out of proportion because you don't understand & can't grasp something like many others

also, i do not play little games. do you think i'd claim these things to play little kid games on the internet & pearl jam?

have a wonderful day, sir

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I'm just amazed that someone who has such a special power can only tell a "friend" what color shirts their family members are wearing.

It would be nice if there was some benefit to society beyond color coordination of outfits.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm just amazed that someone who has such a special power can only tell a "friend" what color shirts their family members are wearing.

It would be nice if there was some benefit to society beyond color coordination of outfits.
    I think it's unfair to belittle those who've had these kinds of experiences simply because you haven't had them yourself (or you chalk it up to something else).

I also don't know why these occurrences would or should provide value to society (and what kind of value are we talking? by whose parameters?).

Sometimes things just ARE.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    How ironic is this?

We have evolved enough to know exactly how limited our own brains are....

and yet we still act so stupidly enough to say that our limited human brains know all there is to know.

Anybody who says they have definitive answers to the unknown might as well be saying "I am so fucking stupid" IMHO
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:

I think it's unfair to belittle those who've had these kinds of experiences simply because you haven't had them yourself (or you chalk it up to something else).

I also don't know why these occurrences would or should provide value to society (and what kind of value are we talking? by whose parameters?).

who said I've never had them? I used to believe all kinds of crap when I was a kid.

If you have evidence to say "Sometimes things just ARE" then that applies that you have evidence. You have none.

• Options
    can you tell us what you believed as a kid?

believing in something is not even close to having an ability in something ... in my opinion anyways

ppl believe in aliens but they themselves are no little purple guy w/ large eyes & a quick ass flying saucer

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:

who said I've never had them? I used to believe all kinds of crap when I was a kid.

If you have evidence to say "Sometimes things just ARE" then that applies that you have evidence. You have none.
    I don't have evidence, that's my point. I think some things happen and we simply don't know why or how. They're out of our realm of comprehension...but it doesn't necessarily mean those things don't occur.
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    can you tell us what you believed as a kid?

believing in something is not even close to having an ability in something ... in my opinion anyways

ppl believe in aliens but they themselves are no little purple guy w/ large eyes & a quick ass flying saucer

You have no psychic abilities.

There is no Santa Claus

There is no tooth fairy

The Easter Bunny is not a bunny...it was your dad

• Options
    hedonist wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

I don't have evidence, that's my point. I think some things happen and we simply don't know why or how. They're out of our realm of comprehension...but it doesn't necessarily mean those things don't occur.

So provide me with a phenomena that has scientists baffled. What has occurred that we can't explain?

• Options
    So provide me with a phenomena that has scientists baffled. What has occurred that we can't explain?
    Many of the recountings in this thread, as examples. There's a similar thread floating around here somewhere too.
  • Options
    suit yourself, gern.

we've been having a great time with our gifts for a lifetime. 41 years for me & a blast with certain things unexplainable. i get this from my mom's side of the family. mom's a shamon & some other things in that realm of super(duper)natural :lol: people are born with this, it is not necessarily taught or learned more like tweeked & practiced ... actually more like refined

refining fine wines...

however, many do believe all of us have the ability, most have it turned off

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    animals like cats & dogs are psychic

forest critters read the weather days in advance