Options

Wrigley Merch Lines are RIDICULOUS

Comments

• Options
    SP96445SP96445 Posts: 214
    I am with you on that. My fiance' and I are going to take the train down tomorrow and try to be relaxed and leisurely. I am not going to stress on purchasing really high priced merchandise. We are in the G.A. area in front of the stage and I am not in any hurry to wait in line to be closer to the stage a few people. I will already be closer than I have ever been for the previous 10 PJ shows that I have been to. I just want to go and enjoy the music, the city of Chicago, and a day at a very historic stadium.[/quote]

Absolutely the best way to enjoy the day Namaste baby!
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    ComeToTX wrote:
    For the first time ever, I'm refusing to deal with it. Crossing my fingers that the majority of the merch finds it's way to pearljam.com eventually. If not, I don't really care...I'll have the memory of going to this show with my brother, which is way more important/valuable than a bunch of random crap that will someday be thrown out by your kids after they move you to assisted living.

I am with you on that. My fiance' and I are going to take the train down tomorrow and try to be relaxed and leisurely. I am not going to stress on purchasing really high priced merchandise. We are in the G.A. area in front of the stage and I am not in any hurry to wait in line to be closer to the stage a few people. I will already be closer than I have ever been for the previous 10 PJ shows that I have been to. I just want to go and enjoy the music, the city of Chicago, and a day at a very historic stadium.

That's my attitude now too.

Agreed with everyone. I'm going to show with my Dad. I rather pre-game with him then make him stand in heat/possible rain just for a chance to maybe buy a poster or shirt.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    I waited over 2 hours to find out they were out of posters and most shirts, then I got out of line and they got more! :x

I think I'll get there at like 10 tomorrow. :(
  • Options
    I really can't understand the clusterfuck that is happening right now for this show. What a mess...

I went up there yesterday and thankfully it wasn't as bad as it is today. However, yesterday they were completely unprepared and had very few items for sale. I felt bad for the merch guy, he was actually apologizing because they were still unpacking stuff and the stand was ridiculously unorganized.

I managed to grab the only two posters available, EMEK and Ames, but no stickers, 2 of the shirts didn't have my size (M) and when I left there was a decent amount of people that probably waited only to be told the same thing; "Sorry, no, we don't have stickers. We don't have that shirt unpacked yet. Only 2 posters are for sale. (if at all)"

Today, my amazing gf went there at 11 and waited 3 hours for NOTHING. I can sort of understand the posters given they are the most sought after. But how in the world do you not have STICKERS and TRADING CARDS?!?
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    edited July 2013
    Pearl_Jam_Green_Disease-logo-83B41B1627-seeklogo.com.gif
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    i wonder if they will sell same t shirts on 10c there are some smart t shirts i hope so isnt that hard to make some more is it,
    danny d
  • Options
    I did the line yesterday and waited an hour for a poster, shirt and out of the norm i got the flag and pennant because they were so unusual in terms of merch. If I didn't work downtown, could hit it on the way home I wouldn't have done it. But it pays off expressly for the reason others stated...I won't have to do it tomorrow!

With my wife with me (we've done lots of shows together) we're going to meet friends at nearby bars before hand and enjoy the show without lugging stuff around, trying to protect posters etc.

FYI yesterday in line, not sure how many people out of the whole line were serious fans, but the five or so people in front and behind I talked to were all diehard fans or 10C members. One guy had been to almost every area show I had the past ten years.
    New screenname for the new site. At least for now. Previously Lackofdave
    Blogging at <a href="http://www.dadtherapy.com">Dad Therapy</a>
  • Options
    I did the line yesterday and waited an hour for a poster, shirt and out of the norm i got the flag and pennant because they were so unusual in terms of merch. If I didn't work downtown, could hit it on the way home I wouldn't have done it. But it pays off expressly for the reason others stated...I won't have to do it tomorrow!

With my wife with me (we've done lots of shows together) we're going to meet friends at nearby bars before hand and enjoy the show without lugging stuff around, trying to protect posters etc.

FYI yesterday in line, not sure how many people out of the whole line were serious fans, but the five or so people in front and behind I talked to were all diehard fans or 10C members. One guy had been to almost every area show I had the past ten years.
    New screenname for the new site. At least for now. Previously Lackofdave
    Blogging at <a href="http://www.dadtherapy.com">Dad Therapy</a>
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    stickfig13 wrote:
    I've been in line for 3 hrs 20 min. Still probably an 1 hr. out from merch stand. This sux. Invested to much time to leave now.

That's just stupid.

Yeah I've fucked up good.
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Better Dan wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    I've been in line for 3 hrs 20 min. Still probably an 1 hr. out from merch stand. This sux. Invested to much time to leave now.

That's just stupid.

Is a $35 dollar T-shirt or some trading cards really worth over 4 hours in line in the 95 degree heat? Go have fun, man!

That's why I'm down here today so tomorrow I can relax and have fun. No worries.
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    SP96445 wrote:
    I am with you on that. My fiance' and I are going to take the train down tomorrow and try to be relaxed and leisurely. I am not going to stress on purchasing really high priced merchandise. We are in the G.A. area in front of the stage and I am not in any hurry to wait in line to be closer to the stage a few people. I will already be closer than I have ever been for the previous 10 PJ shows that I have been to. I just want to go and enjoy the music, the city of Chicago, and a day at a very historic stadium.

Absolutely the best way to enjoy the day Namaste baby![/quote]

Well said 8-)
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    edited July 2013
    Double post
    Post edited by apirk72 on
  • Options
    Came up early to pick up tickets and get a poster. Got there at 1:30 posters were go e but it took me 2 minutes to get my tickets. Decided to get inthe merch line and tapped out after 20 minutes, not worth it for me. First song that came on shuffle Fugazi - Merchandise, thought that was a sign that I made the right choice to leave.
  • Options
    MS196912MS196912 Posts: 19
    Remember, the band cares about you. They are not all about the money.

Think about that as you stand next to the merchandise both and see pieces of paper (posters) selling for $30 a pop. It's like they have a printing press to print money.

Of course we are all fools for buying it. We should start drawing our own posters to commemorate the experience, don't you think?
  • Options
    TheKricketTheKricket Chicago Posts: 115
    apirk72 wrote:
    Came up early to pick up tickets and get a poster. Got there at 1:30 posters were go e but it took me 2 minutes to get my tickets. Decided to get inthe merch line and tapped out after 20 minutes, not worth it for me. First song that came on shuffle Fugazi - Merchandise, thought that was a sign that I made the right choice to leave.

I just left the area about 30 minutes ago - and there were still people buying up posters (I saw them being handed to the buyers).

The ones I saw were the Ames Bros. and the Emek posters...
    1995.07.09 - 1995.07.11 - 1998.06.27 - 1998.06.29 - 2000.10.08 - 2000.10.09 - 2003.06.18 - 2003.06.21 - 2006.05.16 - 2006.05.17 - 2006.06.30 - 2007.08.05 - 2008.08.21 (ev solo) - 2009.08.24 - 2011.06.28 (ev solo) - 2011.09.03 - 2013.07.19 - 2016.08.22 - 2018.08.18 - 2022.02.09 (ev w/ earthlings) - 2023.09.05
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    Okay just got back. Lined up at 8am. I was there early and helped the merch crew a bit with the boxes. There was a supply problem where they did not know where everything was. (not an employee) They were going to go with the sale early but they could not find posters. It wasnt until 11am when they got them. They also put all the pennants at the large merch. They couldnt split them up. It wasnt until 1:45 until they found about 4 boxes of cards to put on sale.They are still missing tank tops as well. If I was gong ho. Keep checking back as they are putting stuff out later. As to what I dunno. 2 pack limit on cards. Cannot purchase the big box. (I tried, but did not dispute the 2 pack limit as some people GOT ID.

Now I have to see if people will trade poster for cards.
  • Options
    CrazyJazyCrazyJazy Posts: 51
    Got in line at 11:15, by 1:15 I was still about 45 minutes from buying anything, plus my 2 hour parking limit was almost expired. Decided to ditch the merch line (people were saying some of the posters were sold out anyway), went to the ticket (no line) and picked up my Floor M seats!! That made up for waiting in line for 2 hours in 100 degree temps.
  • Options
    TheKricket wrote:
    apirk72 wrote:

I just left the area about 30 minutes ago - and there were still people buying up posters (I saw them being handed to the buyers).

The ones I saw were the Ames Bros. and the Emek posters...

Damn must have found/put up more. Oh well
  • Options
    EL 10EL 10 Posts: 40
    I got in line at 11 am. I was in the line by the bar on addison. It didnt seem like I was that far back but i didnt check out until 2:30. Wow. They ran out of posters for a brief time but got 3 of the 4 in by the time I got up there. They also got stickers at that time. No cards even though there was a sign that said limit of 2 packs per person. I'm lucky to get what I got. Ticket line was easy - 2 minutes.

I dont know what the solution is. Only fan club was picking up tickets. Have them get tickets then go right to an exclusive area to buy merchandise. They can still have the other stands too outside the venue.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    Okay just got back. Lined up at 8am. I was there early and helped the merch crew a bit with the boxes. There was a supply problem where they did not know where everything was. (not an employee) They were going to go with the sale early but they could not find posters. It wasnt until 11am when they got them. They also put all the pennants at the large merch. They couldnt split them up. It wasnt until 1:45 until they found about 4 boxes of cards to put on sale.They are still missing tank tops as well. If I was gong ho. Keep checking back as they are putting stuff out later. As to what I dunno. 2 pack limit on cards. Cannot purchase the big box. (I tried, but did not dispute the 2 pack limit as some people GOT ID.

Now I have to see if people will trade poster for cards.

How can it be so terribly organised that they don't know where stuff is ? That's just bonkers. I mean they ramp the merch hype up to the max then can't find it to sell ?

Is the merch outsourced ?
  • Options
    PurduePete55PurduePete55 Posts: 191
    Lined up in front of the Banks statue at 11AM. Seemed to be maybe 60-70 deep if that. Felt pretty good. Crowd was in good spirits. They opened around 12:10. Line barely moved. Posters were all sold out with maybe 20 people still ahead of me. Checked out at 1:45 with the show shirts, wristbands, flag, and 2 packs of cards. Cards arrived 3 people ahead of me. Pennants sold out 5 people before me. Never saw the hoodie, jacket, stickers, and the posters were long gone.

2 hours and 45 minutes with that few people checking out is ridiculous. How is there not enough posters to last a few hours? What was the point of this? Allow Ten Club members with tickets to order online then print what you need for them.

Last thing, I implore you fans to think about the other concert goers. I am attending with 3 friends I've known over half my life and one is a ten club member. I bought only merchandise for myself. Respect the people that spent the time in the heat and cared enough to wait for merchandise. Don't mule for your friends. Certainly don't buy for folks who aren't even going to the show. Just think about the people behind you once in awhile then maybe the folks in front of you next time will do the same.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    We spent 3 hours in line. About 20 min up to the front they brought out some more crackerjack posters. I wasn't even planning on getting one but I fried in line for so long. I bought one,also hat, shirts, cards, wrist bands and stickers. It was so hot and it took sooooo long. I'm wiped. The line is just as long as when we got on at 1:30. No line at all for tix.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    watched the 4 piles disappear as the 5 people in front of us literally ended each pile. First crackerjack, then Emek, then next person dried up Ames, then we finally go to the front with literally 4 Munk ONes left, I go tthe last one.

it was so fucking hot, burned to shit for a total cluster, all the banners, pennants and cards weer gone too by then.

hope they have plenty tomorrow for all the people who missed out.

It sucked watching those fucking piles go away before our very eyes. At least we got a mustard man
  • Options
    Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    People were walking away with stacks of them. 2 per style is BS. Make it 2 poster max per person!!!
  • Options
    DamianKDamianK Posts: 192
    I'm not going to the show but had a quick look on eBay after reading this thread. Just found a set of the 4 Wrigley posters and 2 stickers going for $799.99!!!!!! :evil:
    That's absolutely ridiculous! The 10c needs to do something for the fall tour to try to make sure that the real fans get the merch, not the flippers. I think having the merch available to buy early in the day is an awesome idea, saves carrying it around at the gig but it should be for ticket holders only. And yes, the 10c should have its own stand where we can all buy 1 of each poster per member, that way we can all have one! That, or the presale online order that has been mentioned on here. Seems all rather simple really!
    Hope you all have an amazing time at the show. Very envious! Hope you get some merch too!
  • Options
    edibervanedibervan Posts: 243
    I'd just like to point out that buying these stuff online later on is not as easy for overseas fans as it is for you guys living in America.
    I don't know Europe, but the shipping costs (sometimes much) more than the poster itself to order it online if you want it shipped to South America, which is my case.
    I already paid USD 90 for ONE poster with shipping... and the postal services lost it. =(
    If I could pay up to USD 20 for the shipping here, that would be fine IF the services were good. But they're not.

I'd like to suggest, then, as an alternative, that the lottery winners or any other TenClub member could have the option to add USD 30 or USD 40 to the ticket price and then just pick it in a special line, or even the same line, as long as the item bought is reserved.

But I agree the idea and the motivation of having merch outside the venue is all good, except it makes it even harder for the people attending the show to get what they want, or so it looks like. It is something to think about - and I hope we see changes in this system for the next shows.
    just because you breathe it doesn't mean you're alive...
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    We drove 4, 5 hours, checked in the hotel and eent to the merch and ticket pickup only to decide right after we got the tickets to leave this hot hellish place. I was hoping for a home run shirt, that didnt even seem to be available anymoe, and a poster as a memory for this show. I seriously dont understand why there was no option for the people to pick up merch for the show they are goinh to attend and instead leave the merch to basically everybody on the street. I know that a poster or a shirt are not important for surviving, but I woukd be a little disappointed if thee was no later optin to get a memory of this show...
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    This whole show has been a scalper's dream from the beginning. What a joke.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Vytis33Vytis33 Posts: 184
    This whole merch thing just seems a bit overdone. Are you guys there for the music or the knick-knacks? I mean, what the hell does a grown up need PJ wristbands for??

Chicago is such a great city and you guys are waiting in line all day.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    iamica wrote:
    This whole show has been a scalper's dream from the beginning. What a joke.
    Yep, and it's getting worse. 10c seats are popping up too.... :x