Options

Wrigley Merch Lines are RIDICULOUS

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    I have an idea... get more than 3 people working the merchandise.

I bet the wait is still 3 hour's grrrrrr
    and they were letting the buyers take their sweet time to look at the merch.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Still waiting on one booth to open.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,154
    I've gone from wanting about $200 in merch to just wanting a hat. Anyone at the front of the line wanna do me a solid? ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    For the first time ever, I'm refusing to deal with it. Crossing my fingers that the majority of the merch finds it's way to pearljam.com eventually. If not, I don't really care...I'll have the memory of going to this show with my brother, which is way more important/valuable than a bunch of random crap that will someday be thrown out by your kids after they move you to assisted living.

Ha ha, that is the reality of it really. I always think I should cut down on the acquisition of "junk" to ease the burden on my kids or whoever it is that moves me into the old folks home. Fast forward to 2040 and I can already see all my old Ames and Klausen posters getting thrown into the recycle bin and all my t-shirts (which I've recently stopped buying) ending up in the Goodwill bin down the street.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    rupy017 wrote:
    With the institution of this 3 day early merch purchasing, I think the band has really become a merchandising whore. ....

In mind there are two separate entities: the guys who make the music and perform the concert, and the people who market the band like this. No doubt the band buys into the marketing...why the hell wouldn't they...they're raking in the coin.

A bit much for me, but if I were in their position to make huge profits margins (really $30 for a onesie?!?!?) I probably would as well. Ain't nobody forcing people to buy that crap.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    PeterED wrote:
    rupy017 wrote:
    With the institution of this 3 day early merch purchasing, I think the band has really become a merchandising whore. ....

They've become the KISS Army of the times. I can only imigine what the action size figurines would go for?!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    lorifreudlorifreud Posts: 64
    4 freaking hours to get one t-shirt. They didn't even have the one thing i wanted. Not all the stands had all the merchandise, so choose wisely. What a disaster!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    lorifreudlorifreud Posts: 64
    4 freaking hours to get one t-shirt. They didn't even have the one thing i wanted. Not all the stands had all the merchandise, so choose wisely. What a disaster!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Not enough man power at the booths, hence the long lines.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Raineman311Raineman311 Posts: 124
    It's worse than yesterday. How is this possible?
  • Options
    Waited in line on the Billy Williams side for five hours and didn't get a shot a most of what I wanted to get.......but I had the pleasure of meeting a bunch of awesome people and we had a blast drinking beer from 7-11 on the street and carrying on. The result was disappointing but the process was pretty darn fun.

Ann, Sliver, Gary/Chris and the rest of the bunch cheers

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb25 ... jpeg_0.jpg
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,596

Because it's the day of the show?
  • Options
    Raineman311Raineman311 Posts: 124

And after 2 full days of selling.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Waited in line on the Billy Williams side for five hours and didn't get a shot a most of what I wanted to get.......but I had the pleasure of meeting a bunch of awesome people and we had a blast drinking beer from 7-11 on the street and carrying on. The result was disappointing but the process was pretty darn fun.

Ann, Sliver, Gary/Chris and the rest of the bunch cheers

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb25 ... jpeg_0.jpg

Now go find some PJ women to add to that brofest!!! ;)
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options

if anything there should be MORE staff, as there are more booths and it's day of show.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    demetrios wrote:
    gFMYw5d.jpg?1

bet they'll make this one into a poster like the PJ20 Billboard :ugeek:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    Just talked to a guy at the Hyatt who just got merch and said his wait was four hours. And he looks exhausted. Not worth it. Will hope they put at least posters online in the future.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    Anyone need a poster tube? I don't think I'll be filling it up. Not worth the trouble.
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    Got in line at ten for the Clark street booth. They opened up at 1030 and were out of posters and some shirts by 1130. I waited in line to get a shirt and right when I got to the front they brought out more of posters (all 4 not select ones) One of the merch guys said they don't know what they have until it gets brought to them. 3+ hours so make sure you really want to wait in line for merch
  • Options
    the webcam made it look like there are no more lines. unless they are not in front of clark and addison anymore.
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    Line directions got switched. All lines wrap around a corner. There are 3 tents and at least 3 hrs each. It is unlike anything I have ever seen before.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    pbultimate wrote:
    Line directions got switched. All lines wrap around a corner. There are 3 tents and at least 3 hrs each. It is unlike anything I have ever seen before.

puppy-dog-falling-asleep-cute-adorable.gif
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    3 fuckin hours :roll: :lol:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    klokekloke Posts: 18
    Just got in from 4 hours in the sun, waiting in two different merch lines.

I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say, the whole thing was mismanaged. I waited in line for 4 hours at one stand, only to see the last hot dog poster leave when I was 4 people back. I then walked over to another stand that had just restocked all posters with a few thousand, moved quickly. They were opening up random stands and it didn't seem like there was an equal distribution of merch. Finally, only having two/three people working per stand?? Come on.

This isn't meant to bitch, because all this merch makes you lose sight of why we're here in Chicago. I suppose just a little more order would have worked. Rumours were flying like crazy throughout the morning around Wrigley.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    From Ames Bros

PEARL JAM Wrigley Poster
    Available Tomorrow, July 20th 7:00 AM PST

Check out the new poster for Pearl Jam's historical stop at Chicago's Wrigley Field.

Limited quantities of the poster available tomorrow morning. All copies are signed and numbered by the artist out of an edition of 160. Only 150 prints available for purchase.
    We archive 10 copies.

Click the image below for more details and purchase information.
    http://amesbrosshop.com/pearl_jam_wrigl ... _2013.aspx
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life