• Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    pjfan021 wrote:
    Is merch open at 10 or 12 today?
    One of the stands opens at 10, the others open at noon
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Vytis33 wrote:
    This whole merch thing just seems a bit overdone. Are you guys there for the music or the knick-knacks? I mean, what the hell does a grown up need PJ wristbands for??

Chicago is such a great city and you guys are waiting in line all day.
    It is a bit over the top

But this grownup wants the wristbands anyway. I west them when I play the guitar and bass
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,741
    BF89905 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    how do I interpret triple digit Fahrenheit?

;)
    Hot. :mrgreen:

For an approximation.... fahrenheit to celsius: minus 30 then divide by 2.
    celsius to fahrenheit: multiply by 2 then add 30

or times the Celcius by 1.8 and add 32
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,138
    I gotta say I really think the band is damned if you don't and damned if you do. Selling merch for 3 days outside the venue seemed like a great idea. Having people not attending the concert buy and flip on ebay is not.

Again, the only way to fix this issue is to allow people that won tickets the opportunity to preorder a poster, shirt, hat, etc.

I would love to get a shirt, hat, and 1 poster...but I'm not going to wait a few hours for that. I guess I may have to hit up eBay and buy 1 item on the secondary market. The band can't be mad about that, they created the secondary market by selling this stuff to anyone in the city.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    jjm33jjm33 Posts: 195
    It would be nice if they said, "the following items will be available via the 10 club store at a future date."

I understand some items are limited but why not print as many tees and stickers, etc that people want and sell then online. It would be a great relief to know this.
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,754
    I will trade a 2003 Las Vegas poster for a Crackerjack one
    or
    I will trade a 98 Red Soccer Jersey for a Crackerjack poster AND a pennant. PM me if interested
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    rupy017rupy017 Posts: 249
    With the institution of this 3 day early merch purchasing, I think the band has really become a merchandising whore. First the tickets get into the wrong hands and wind up being sold for upwards of $600. And now the merchandise is selling for 4 times the price before concert-goers even have the chance to purchase any of it.
    8 posters? WHY? the limit has always been 2. not 2 of EACH. the secondary market has been great for people trying to buy some older posters and maybe recoup some of the travel expenses for fans that travel all over to see the band. But, this is crazy. the same "scalpers" the band tries to keep tickets away from can now get and scalp the merch that is intended for fans.
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    After reading some of the post on here about the ridiculous merchandise lines I'm so glad that I won the lottery for the travel package. Waiting 2 hrs in an air conditioned hotel sounds more appealing than having to wait 5 + hours in the extreme heat. That makes the travel package worth it all right there!

RM
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    When you get your congratulatory email regarding tickets there should be a merchandise link included for that show. Is that too difficult?
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    rupy017 wrote:
    With the institution of this 3 day early merch purchasing, I think the band has really become a merchandising whore.

I disagree. I think they are trying to please people. There's 40,000 people going to this show, and plenty of people are making it a several day vacation in Chicago, so that way people can buy stuff ahead of time and not have to hold a poster in the pit at a show. Think of the complaints if there was only a stand inside the venue, on the day of the show.

Me? Times are tough, and I no longer buy stuff - just glad I can still afford a few shows now and again.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Goatboy wrote:
    When you get your congratulatory email regarding tickets there should be a merchandise link included for that show. Is that too difficult?

Apparently
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    rupy017rupy017 Posts: 249
    yeah. I agree that not having to hold your items in the pit on a swampy day is an AWESOME idea. however, there should have been some rule making everyone show their tickets before being allowed to buy anything. This way, those of us actually going to the show wouldn't get shut out.
  • Options
    Gozzo64Gozzo64 Posts: 120
    I disagree. I think they are trying to please people. There's 40,000 people going to this show, and plenty of people are making it a several day vacation in Chicago, so that way people can buy stuff ahead of time and not have to hold a poster in the pit at a show. Think of the complaints if there was only a stand inside the venue, on the day of the show.

Me? Times are tough, and I no longer buy stuff - just glad I can still afford a few shows now and again.[/quote]

I agree with you..
    Gozzo
    Montreal '98
    Toronto '00
    Buffalo Toronto '03
    Kitchener London Hamilton Toronto '05
    Late Show NYC Toronto x2 Cleveland Pittsburgh Mountain View '06
    Hartford Mansfield '08
    Toronto Philadelphia x3 '09
    Cleveland Buffalo Mountain View x2 '10
    East Troy x2 Toronto x2 Ottawa Hamilton '11
    London Buffalo '13
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Why don't they have more staff?

ah that's easy, they will be using venue merch staff, I bet Cubs don't sell a great deal of merch at games, so this sheer level of lunacy will have really been an eye opener for them.

Of course they will have been warned, but the frenzy at pj merch stands is pretty much unrivalled it seems
    cubs have LOTS of merch stands in wrigley. 2 full stores, several outside the gates, and at least 10 stands on the concourses. and one across the street next to mcdonald's .

and these are just the team ran ones.

They are pretty orderly on even the biggest game day.

this shitshow, however, is pretty much to blame on the artist and the artist's staff.
  • Options
    mechanixmechanix Posts: 28
    The biggest problem with the merchandise stands is people purchasing dozens of shirts and posters who then re-sell them on eBay for 10x the price. Some say it's pure capitalism but it's a cheap way to make a buck. :nono:

I waited in line for almost three hours at the Missoula 2012 show for a shirt and poster. Love them both. I missed the two poster variants, which are now going for $250 on eBay. :twisted:
  • Options
    rupy017 wrote:
    With the institution of this 3 day early merch purchasing, I think the band has really become a merchandising whore. First the tickets get into the wrong hands and wind up being sold for upwards of $600. And now the merchandise is selling for 4 times the price before concert-goers even have the chance to purchase any of it.
    8 posters? WHY? the limit has always been 2. not 2 of EACH. the secondary market has been great for people trying to buy some older posters and maybe recoup some of the travel expenses for fans that travel all over to see the band. But, this is crazy. the same "scalpers" the band tries to keep tickets away from can now get and scalp the merch that is intended for fans.
    They might as well be like the stones or the who and have a merch deal with live nation
  • Options
    Do we really need 8 shirts and four posters for ONE CONCERT?
  • Options
    Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 223
    ewokpelts wrote:

Apparently, yes. People can label the band "whores" and complain about the lines and prices, but the fact is that the prices in the secondary market and length of lines simply reveal the obsessive nature of PJ fans when it comes to unique merchandise. And the fact that people will wait 5 hours in this oppressive heat indicates their willingness to pay for merchandise. Some do it to sell, a lot do it to have a cool piece of memorabilia from what they expect to be a fun show. We can debate how best to distribute the merchandise, but the market is clearly showing the unquenchable thirst of fans for merchandise.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I've been in poster lines before... it's not fun... once you get your poster you go into protect mode... sometimes for the entire show... again, it's not fun. You spend $30-35 bucks for a cool piece of art that you care dearly for and you have to bring them into the show with you... This causes me to check the people around me... "will this asshole drop his beer on my poster?" or "who around me is shady enough to steal this poster" ... sometimes they allow tubes, which helps, but sometimes they don't... ho hum...

The poster frenzy is understandable... it's a unique piece of art from a show you went to...

The band should make an effort to help fans out a little bit in this regard... one thing they could do is supply poster tubes (not fucking rubber bands)... but maybe they could go a step further and get the posters to the fans AFTER the show takes place... have a $30 fee added onto your ticket if you want a poster so we can pick the fucking thing up after the show ends.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,196
    ewokpelts wrote:

4 posters for one concert is WILD!!! Wonder if each show following this we will get 4 posters. Ok, maybe 3. :p

Don't forget the painting by Dab's / Myla & Munk One. Know it will be available for sale, silk screen poster style!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    ewokpelts wrote:

4 posters for one concert is WILD!!! Wonder if each show following this we will get 4 posters. Ok, maybe 3. :p

Don't forget the painting by Dab's / Myla & Munk One. Know it will be available for sale, silk screen poster style!

is that finished yet?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,196
    pdalowsky wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    ewokpelts wrote:

is that finished yet?

Not sure if already complete. Last pic that i've seen of it is ..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4287_n.jpg

gFMYw5d.jpg?1
  • Options
    ah that looks cool.

would be the best of the long prints done in this way IMO
  • Options
    Hopped Up wrote:
    ewokpelts wrote:

Apparently, yes. People can label the band "whores" and complain about the lines and prices, but the fact is that the prices in the secondary market and length of lines simply reveal the obsessive nature of PJ fans when it comes to unique merchandise. And the fact that people will wait 5 hours in this oppressive heat indicates their willingness to pay for merchandise. Some do it to sell, a lot do it to have a cool piece of memorabilia from what they expect to be a fun show. We can debate how best to distribute the merchandise, but the market is clearly showing the unquenchable thirst of fans for merchandise.
    you forgot the pj fetishists that must have every item from every show, even the ones they didnt go to.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,065
    My plane landed at 11:20, some people I met on the plane were heading to wrigley as well so tagged along. Got to wrigley about 12:30ish. Waited in line for almost 6 hours!!!! I didn't mind too much drank and chatted with others. The people I was with left about 3-4 hours. Also didn't really have anything else to do so yes I waited there was only one style of poster by the time I got up there which I was surprised. The Cracker Jack one. Also got a shirt and some stickers. I am never doing that again!!! I ate which helped a little. Then went to sluggers and I felt sick. Had a beer which I barely drank then started sweating my ass off. Felt like I was gonna throw up, almost did. Then went outside to cool off and felt better. Good luck to those inline now!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    My plane landed at 11:20, some people I met on the plane were heading to wrigley as well so tagged along. Got to wrigley about 12:30ish. Waited in line for almost 6 hours!!!! I didn't mind too much drank and chatted with others. The people I was with left about 3-4 hours. Also didn't really have anything else to do so yes I waited there was only one style of poster by the time I got up there which I was surprised. The Cracker Jack one. Also got a shirt and some stickers. I am never doing that again!!! I ate which helped a little. Then went to sluggers and I felt sick. Had a beer which I barely drank then started sweating my ass off. Felt like I was gonna throw up, almost did. Then went outside to cool off and felt better. Good luck to those inline now!
    Sounds like dehydration/exhaustion.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I will trade a 2003 Las Vegas poster for a Crackerjack one
    or
    I will trade a 98 Red Soccer Jersey for a Crackerjack poster AND a pennant. PM me if interested

Please disregard. I got one
  • Options
    in my tree 76in my tree 76 The city by the lake Posts: 261
    I have an idea... get more than 3 people working the merchandise.

I bet the wait is still 3 hour's grrrrrr
    Soldier Field 7/11/95 Alpine Valley 6/26/98 United Center 6/29/98 The Ice Bowl10/8/00 United Center 5/17/06 United Center 8/23/09 Verizon Wireless 5/7/10 EV Chicago Theater 6/29/11 PJ20 9/3/11 9/4/11 Wrigley Field 7/19/13 Memphis 10/14/14 Moline 10/17/14 Wrigley Field 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 8/18/18 Wrigley Field 8/20/18> 17× United Center 9/7/23
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,065
    Sounds like dehydration/exhaustion.

Yeah I was better after drinking lots of water.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly