Gaslight Anthem

Comments

• who_me13who_me13 Posts: 53
    Saw them last night in Minneapolis... AWESOME show. Played Bob Dylan and Animals covers in a tiny club with no air conditioning. During the encore, someone yelled 'Freebird' and Brian started saying how he didn't know the song and how he didn't really like Skynyrd because they still use the confederate flag in their logo and that it's trashy. He's pretty funny in between songs.

Each time I see them, Brian gets more and more Vedder-like. Noticed a few times started taking a drink of water and spitting it straight into the air like at :23 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbeRBN-OYEE
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    solace23 wrote:
    That kinda sucks in a way. I joined the very first day..

From what I read on the message board,there will be no seniority with the numbers tickets will be random.
  • MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    NPR FIRST LISTEN OF "HANDWRITTEN"

http://www.npr.org/2012/07/10/156551726 ... andwritten

POP POP!
    POP POP!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    Magnitude wrote:

POP POP!

:thumbup:

I thought I read they were streaming tonight's concert in Toronto online as well.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    :thumbup:

I thought I read they were streaming tonight's concert in Toronto online as well.

They are! The show starts streaming at 10:15 EST.

http://www.aux.tv/2012/07/watch-our-liv ... n-toronto/

POP POP!
    POP POP!
    About halfway done, so far album is real good, IMO. :thumbup:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    Magnitude wrote:

POP POP!

Awesome. Playing right now.
  • solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    I'm still holding off my record store in Brisbane said it will be in stock tomorrow. I haven't been this excited for a new album since backspacer.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    On my second play of the record...........wow, the reviews are spot on, one of the best records in recent memory, seriously good stuff.

Too Much Blood is probably the stand out for me at the moment, reminds me of No Code-era PJ at times, the vocals are wicked!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,546
    Very good record. As usual for these guys.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    "Handwritten" is brilliant from start to finish. This record lives up to the build up and hype it has received. They are definitely moving in a new direction and I can't help but feel like it is going to pay off in spades for them. The bridge in "Handwritten" and "Biloxi Parish" :shock: are just incredible. "Mae" is beautiful and "Too Much Blood" sounds like it pays homage to Soundgarden. I hope Pearl Jam does what they did for Kings Of Leon, My Morning Jacket and Black Keys and takes them out on the road when they do a proper tour. The songs on "Handwritten" belong in arenas.

I really hope they premiere these songs at The Webster Hall show next week. I have a feeling this is the last time I'm going to see them in a venue that small.

POP POP!
    POP POP!
    Magnitude wrote:
    I hope Pearl Jam does what they did for Kings Of Leon, My Morning Jacket and Black Keys and takes them out on the road when they do a proper tour. The songs on "Handwritten" belong in arenas.

I really hope they premiere these songs at The Webster Hall show next week. I have a feeling this is the last time I'm going to see them in a venue that small.

POP POP!

Yeah I booked tickets earlier on today to see them in London later in the year, they're playing a mid sized venue, but I don't think it will be long til they move on to arenas.

Judging by the growing wave of positive press building around them I'm not sure they'll even need a support slot to gain popularity, seems like they're on the verge of hitting the big time. Mind you, I'd love to hear Ed duet on something like Keepsake - which by the way reminds me a bit of Smile :D
    i was watching tv and forgot about the broadcast online (then i fell asleep while watching tv :lol: ).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    i was watching tv and forgot about the broadcast online (then i fell asleep while watching tv :lol: ).

The picture quality was great and very smooth. The audio was extremely poor and sounded like a below average audience recording. They covered State of Love & Trust and Baba as part of an 8-9 song encore. Brian is definitely showing some Ed mannerisms especially on songs that he doesn't play guitar on.

POP POP!
    POP POP!
  • OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    New album is fucking solid, loving it so far. Wish I could go to the damn DC show this Friday. These guys continue to impress and so glad they're still making music. Shout out to Brendan O'Brien on yet another solid production effort...
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    solace23 wrote:
    I'm still holding off my record store in Brisbane said it will be in stock tomorrow. I haven't been this excited for a new album since backspacer.

I checked with JB today and they don't have it shipped into stores yet..BUGGAR. I don't like listening to previews, something special about opening a CD and having a first listen, whilst reading the booklet etc.

Agree about the membership numbering..after missing out on joining 10C years befor I should have, I was really looking forward to being in the first lot of peeps who joined this one. Got in 2nd day after you messaged me.

Bring on Friday, JB should have it in then
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    There's some misinformation in this thread about the fan club. Member numbers are not random but were generated starting with #1 to the first person who joined and so on and so forth. As of right now there are no seniority advantages in obtaining tickets. There may also not be any seniority advantages when it comes to the disbursement of tickets and seat allocation (In seated venues) but that is not 100% clear yet. This info comes from Wayne at Infinite Merch.

You guys see the video for Handwritten yet?

http://www.daveproxy.co.uk/browse.php?u ... &f=norefer

POP POP!
    POP POP!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I am so pumped for this album! Avoiding listening to it anywhere prior to the release date. Something about picking up the album and listening to it immediately it the car that can't be beat. I just can't do the digital download thing (unless I pick up vinyl).

Wish I could have snagged tickets to their show at the Middle East in Cambridge Sunday. That venue is small as shit. Never seen them before and I have a feeling they are going to grow in popularity rapidly. Hoping to still see them in a relatively small venue.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    jervin007 wrote:
    Wish I could have snagged tickets to their show at the Middle East in Cambridge Sunday. That venue is small as shit. Never seen them before and I have a feeling they are going to grow in popularity rapidly. Hoping to still see them in a relatively small venue.

If you can grab a ticket for the show do it. Maybe a ticket release at the door? They've been playing around 25 songs on this tour with the majority of the setlist coming from their first 3 records. I doubt they'll continue to play this many old songs once the album releases and I really feel like they'll be moving on to much larger venues.

POP POP!
    POP POP!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Just got through the album on the NPR stream. Not to bad at all. A lot of the same formula but mix things up here and there.

Favorites (after one listen and not real closely):

Too Much Blood
    Biloxi Parish
    Mae
    National Anthem
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    I got the info on the random direct from the fan club which I posted above
    Magnitude wrote:
    There's some misinformation in this thread about the fan club. Member numbers are not random but were generated starting with #1 to the first person who joined and so on and so forth. As of right now there are no seniority advantages in obtaining tickets. There may also not be any seniority advantages when it comes to the disbursement of tickets and seat allocation (In seated venues) but that is not 100% clear yet. This info comes from Wayne at Infinite Merch.

You guys see the video for Handwritten yet?

http://www.daveproxy.co.uk/browse.php?u ... &f=norefer

POP POP!
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    New album is fucking solid, loving it so far. Wish I could go to the damn DC show this Friday. These guys continue to impress and so glad they're still making music. Shout out to Brendan O'Brien on yet another solid production effort...

Are you in need of a ticket?
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
    Cheers for clarifying About fanclub
    It is in my hot little hands. 2 hrs to wait until I'm kicking Back with a cold beer listening
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    solace23 wrote:
    It is in my hot little hands. 2 hrs to wait until I'm kicking Back with a cold beer listening

Enjoy mate..I'm heading off to JB tonight to see if its in. Let me know what you think. Good article in the latest OZ Rolling stone with the boys and Review of the album.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    solace23 wrote:

So jealous right now! Although the rip has been cool there is nothing like sitting down with the actual record and looking through the artwork and lyrics as you take it all in. This is a record that demands that you listen to it straight through! Enjoy

POP POP!
    POP POP!
    Freaking amazing from start to finish.
    solace23 wrote:
    Freaking amazing from start to finish.

Yep! I'm almost at a loss for words, just amazing. The more I listen to it different songs are starting to jump out at me - right now it's Mullholland Drive, absolute perfection.
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,490
    This has lived up to every single ounce of the hype
    This has lived up to every single ounce of the hype

At least for me, I can't remember the last time an album had so much hype and the album actually met my expectations. This record has exceeded my expectations. Handwritten, Mulholland Drive, Mae, Biloxi Parish, Too Much Blood & Keepsake are the stand-outs right now but every song is solid and some keep getting better with each listen.

POP POP!
    POP POP!