• Sawyer wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:
    wulffeld wrote:
    Sabotage? Lets look at the cold hard facts:

They haven't managed to use one of the simplest speedup tricks compression:

https://skitch.com/wulffeld/gtqim/crowdsurge

They have never heard of common SEO practices i.e. nice URLs:

https://skitch.com/wulffeld/gtqi9/google-chrome

Their HTML is sprinkled with <table> tags for non-table data.

They're using onmouseout etc. for handling JavaScript events like we did in 1997. (You should use UJS: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/spry ... avior.html)

These are glaring frontend mistakes but combined with the several different errors I experienced at the presale tells me it's amateur hour all the way down through backend and to operations - if they even have operations and it's not just their random PHP developer being responsible for that as well.

Hey buddy...where do you get off?!? If you think you could do a better job, go start your own band!!! :lol::lol:

ummm...nothng to do with the band.....he's right

Those are all very valid, and nerdy, points. And I understood them all :?
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    The saboteur is clearly the fat German kid from the youtube clip.

Wulheide...2009 AND 2010...that very kid sat in that same place! i have pics from both years!
    Photo1498.jpg?t=1323911751
    i see me in the foto.. :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Sawyer wrote:
    Rossum20 wrote:
    wulffeld wrote:
    Sabotage? Lets look at the cold hard facts:

They haven't managed to use one of the simplest speedup tricks compression:

https://skitch.com/wulffeld/gtqim/crowdsurge

They have never heard of common SEO practices i.e. nice URLs:

https://skitch.com/wulffeld/gtqi9/google-chrome

Their HTML is sprinkled with <table> tags for non-table data.

They're using onmouseout etc. for handling JavaScript events like we did in 1997. (You should use UJS: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/spry ... avior.html)

These are glaring frontend mistakes but combined with the several different errors I experienced at the presale tells me it's amateur hour all the way down through backend and to operations - if they even have operations and it's not just their random PHP developer being responsible for that as well.

Hey buddy...where do you get off?!? If you think you could do a better job, go start your own band!!! :lol::lol:

ummm...nothng to do with the band.....he's right

That's what Tim has said on multiple occasions when we criticize the 10Cs operations. Rossum was just poking fun at what Tim always says.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    gotcha....now I'm gonna go hide in the United Center's basement and pop out when PJ comes back to Chicago.....figure I could avoid buying tickets that way.....sleeping bag and CLIF Bars ready
  • Rossum20 wrote:
    popcorn.gif

All of this, and it was the popcorn smiley that had me hysterical laughing
  • Personally, I'm giving Tim Bierman a piece of my mind through linked in. He maintains an account there, yet never responds to 10c members. Seems like a great guy. In my experience, people that are smarmy, refuse to accept responsibility for anything, and think they're above everyone else are usually fired. It's unfortunate their aren't even the most basic business principles used in this organization. If ten club was a public company, they'd be out of business.
  • img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8894056
  • pjambamapjambama Posts: 126
    sorry for everyone who struggled with getting tickets. i have bought ten club tickets via mail(pre internet and pre y2k) and thru ten club website. if you step back and look objectively it wouldn't suprise me if there indeed is either an external or internal issue via internet.never had any issues prior to internet.

I do know that ten club does what is right. also just be glad that you have your health. if you have your health you have everything. im getting older with health issues and my girlfriend has cancer so I understand your frustrations with life and the internet. you have idiots who enjoy frustrating or attacking good people and there work

also you can go to sirius and register for free tickets and trip to see pearl jam in europe 2012

http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Satelli ... %2FWrapper
  • Interesting thought just came to my mind:

Pearl Jam embargoed TicketMaster because they felt that the mark up was unfair for fans.
    Currently, Pearl Jam tickets are upwards of $160/pair - some of the most expensive tickets I've encountered for a rock act.

Seems like they've gotten over the "charging too much" thing, right?

So why not just let real professionals handle it? Pride? Stubbornness?

Whatever the reason, I think I can safely say that if TM had been in charge, none of us would be experiencing this right now.

I also don't understand why they don't do a lottery system, like Phish does for their big runs: push the public sale back a week; give 10c members a couple of days to get in their show requests; and then distribute them by seniority. This would spread requests out over the course of a couple of days and not overload the system, making life easier for everyone involved... Am I the only one who sees this?
  • Wristbands for tencliubmember or tenclubmember + a friend?

Now been answered by 10C:
    Wristband Update:

Postby Rubysdad » 15 Dec 2011 01:35
    Wristband update:

****When buying tickets during the public ticket sale, the ticket limit is 6 per customer. However, we must limit the wristband to 2 wristbands per order.

You cannot receive more than two wristbands per order. If other eligible members in your party want to get wristbands, they need to purchase their own pair of tickets.
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    zmlipton wrote:
    Interesting thought just came to my mind:

Pearl Jam embargoed TicketMaster because they felt that the mark up was unfair for fans.
    Currently, Pearl Jam tickets are upwards of $160/pair - some of the most expensive tickets I've encountered for a rock act.

Seems like they've gotten over the "charging too much" thing, right?

So why not just let real professionals handle it? Pride? Stubbornness?

Whatever the reason, I think I can safely say that if TM had been in charge, none of us would be experiencing this right now.

I also don't understand why they don't do a lottery system, like Phish does for their big runs: push the public sale back a week; give 10c members a couple of days to get in their show requests; and then distribute them by seniority. This would spread requests out over the course of a couple of days and not overload the system, making life easier for everyone involved... Am I the only one who sees this?

Sounds good to me..
  • When do WE see the findings of the investigation!

right after we get the big, bold, beautiful, free thing.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    stahljen wrote:
    Personally, I'm giving Tim Bierman a piece of my mind through linked in. He maintains an account there, yet never responds to 10c members. Seems like a great guy. In my experience, people that are smarmy, refuse to accept responsibility for anything, and think they're above everyone else are usually fired. It's unfortunate their aren't even the most basic business principles used in this organization. If ten club was a public company, they'd be out of business.

Ding Ding Ding.....
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    sabotage?????? are you serious :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    zmlipton wrote:
    give 10c members a couple of days to get in their show requests; and then distribute them by seniority. This would spread requests out over the course of a couple of days and not overload the system, making life easier for everyone involved... Am I the only one who sees this?

my issue with this:

the same people would ALWAYS get to buy tickets; higher 10c numbers would just be fucked automatically.
    I live in Chicago and my number is unspeakably terrible. I would NEVER have a shot at ticket for shows here.

this would discourage new members as well.

If it was done as you stated above, but with a random lottery draw to see who gets the chance to buy tickets---that woud be better.

just my 2 cents.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • AmyMooreAmyMoore Posts: 139
    Washington has a law requiring notification about compromised personal information.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=19.255.010
    if it was sabotage ..how did people get 5 or 6 shows????????????????

impossible...lame...sad

i laugh at the members who have the expensive membership.... $ 50 for an ugly tshirt that makes no sense and costs $2 to make

great profit for eddie and the boys :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    AmyMoore wrote:
    Washington has a law requiring notification about compromised personal information.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=19.255.010

Precisely. Or the Feds. I am considering calling 911 on these people.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • JensPorchJensPorch NorCal Posts: 15
    Sabotage? Ticketmaster did it!
    Ritchie Coliseum, University of Maryland - Apr 13, 1992,Lake Fairfax Park - Aug 14, 1992
    Aladdin Theater - Nov 30, 1993,Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 02, 1994
    Polo Fields - Jun 24, 1995,Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 19, 1996
    Sacramento Valley Amphitheatre - Oct 30, 2000,Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006 EV Zellerbach Hall - Apr 7, 2008 , EV Lyric Opera House - June 14, 2009 , EV Lyric Opera House - June 15, 2009
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009,Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 25, 2003,Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 24, 2010
    Pacific Coliseum - Sep 25, 2011 , EV Shoreline Amphitheater Oct 23, 2011
    Oracle Arena - Nov 26, 2013, Shoreline Amphitheater Oct 25, 2014
  • zmlipton wrote:
    give 10c members a couple of days to get in their show requests; and then distribute them by seniority. This would spread requests out over the course of a couple of days and not overload the system, making life easier for everyone involved... Am I the only one who sees this?

my issue with this:

the same people would ALWAYS get to buy tickets; higher 10c numbers would just be fucked automatically.
    I live in Chicago and my number is unspeakably terrible. I would NEVER have a shot at ticket for shows here.

this would discourage new members as well.

If it was done as you stated above, but with a random lottery draw to see who gets the chance to buy tickets---that woud be better.

just my 2 cents.

I mean, obviously this is a simplified version. With an organization such as this, some sort of algorithm would need to be drawn up that would incorporate different seniority brackets being guaranteed a certain block of seats, or something along those lines.

I would be curious to see, however, how many 10c members were in attendance at, say, the Toronto shows... I also am a relatively new member, and I had excellent lower bowl seats for those shows.
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Although I was not in the market for tickets to these shows, and am watching this from the sidelines, I do want to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how this plays out. I've never heard of Crowdsurge, but then again they are a UK-based company. And if they have sold tickets for other big-name artists, then maybe they have some semblance of an IT staff and perhaps they did see something suspicious in their firewall logs to suggest a DOS attack had happened. I've had my share of criticism for the Ten Club, but I can't imagine them coming out with this type of an explanation without there being some sort of evidence to possibly suggest it.

Sabotage can mean just a DOS and not a "hack" that resulted in stolen data. However, I would hope they are investigating this from every angle and looking for evidence of compromised data.

DOS attacks are pretty easy to launch and anyone can do it--from disgruntled fans to someone just doing it for the fun of it. They are successful if the site you are targeting is not prepared for it, which the Ten Club and possibly Crowdsurge, are not. This could turn out to be false and nothing more than the site being overloaded with requests, but I'll wait and see and hopefully they will keep everyone informed.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    In this day and age, how do you claim your website was sabotaged and make NO MENTION of whether or not your customer's financial information was compromised? Not worried about that, are we?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    locked wrote:
    Seems they concluded sabotage in absence of other conclusions.
    This is very different from "finding evidence" a sabotage while investigating the failure.
    Also, who sabataged the boston 2010 show presale?
    Same thing happened..
    System crashed..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • nickhenickhe Scotland Posts: 18
    I was one of the fortunate ones that managed to get tickets on tuesday.

I hope 10c honour the seniority in the seated section in Manchester and they are good seats near the front and we are not stuck away at the back. Just not sure now after all the problems

Anyone know which section they were in last time they played the MEN?
    Glasgow 2000
    Dublin 2006
    London 2007
    Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester 1 2012
    Manchester 2 2012
    London 1 2018
    London 2 2018
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    JimmyV wrote:
    In this day and age, how do you claim your website was sabotaged and make NO MENTION of whether or not your customer's financial information was compromised? Not worried about that, are we?

Only if Tim or someone else from 10club let's us know officially what's going on. Many of us are worried. Please shed some light guy's.
  • sdsurfsdsurf San Diego, CA Posts: 69
    OK, I am gonna be really pissed off if these sites don't take US credit cards!! I had a floor seat for Stockholm in my cart last night and tried to pay with 4 different credit cards only to be turned down every time! Was planning on trying again with 10C because I know they would accept it! Now that option is gone!

I have some gift cards I will also be trying... We'll see what happens!
    12/31/91, 7/18/92, 7/19/92, 11/1/92, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 10/25/00, 6/2/03, 6/5/03, 9/2/05, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 6/18/07, 6/21/07, 6/26/07, 4/12/08(EV), 6/22/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09, 5/18/10, 6/25/10, 7/5/11(EV), 7/6/11(EV) 11/3/11, 11/4/11, 11/6/11, 7/7/12, 7/9/12, 7/10/12, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 9/9/17 (EV), 7/1/18, 7/3/18, 7/5/18, 8/10/18, 9/28/19 (EV), 9/25/21 (EV), 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 2/25/22 (EV), 2/27/22 (EV), 5/3/22, 5/6/22, 5/12/22, 9/16/22, 10/1/22 (EV). 

https://www.facebook.com/michaelpjohns
    https://www.instagram.com/mikejblue/
  • Could have wrote " Sincere apologies, Tim"

But no... "Tenclub". That's not right, don't make that update out to be said by some anonymous worker at 10c.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

Could have wrote " Sincere apologies, Tim"

But no... "Tenclub". That's not right, don't make that update out to be said by some anonymous worker at 10c.

not the slightest "sorry guys" :?

thats so sad in and of itself