Options

Europe 2012 Ticket Pre-sale Update

Comments

• Options
    Staffan wrote:
    A friend of mine managed to get tickets to Stockholm yesterday from BiljettShop. Pretty expensive, though. Does anyone in Sweden know if they're legit, or have we been duped?

edit: Did you guys get through to Ticnet? All I got was this: "This event has been taken off sale temporarily due to maintenance. Please check back again a little later, if you wish to purchase tickets."

I dont have any experience of them, but they seem legit, or as legit a scalping company can get :)
    Selling standing tickets for SEK 1995 when they cost SEK 590 at ticnet :(

Tack, Staffan. As 10C was no use here and I can't even get throught to Ticnet this was the only option. Didn't want to risk going to ebay and paying even more for potentially fake tickets. Oh well.
    We've had fun during these TWO AND A HALF FRICKIN DAYS, haven't we?
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,408
    edited December 2011
    19 years a fan, and for the very first time, I really feel my faith waver. Not by the band, not by the music, but in my belief that the Peal Jam fan experience was somehow special, that we were all - members and 10C staff - on the same side becuase of mutual love for this band and the sheer thrill of being involved with it.

I have always been one of those who took the 10C's side when people slagged them off, because I have always wanted to believe that they did, in the end of the day have our best interests at heart. But I find it hard to find any evidence of that in this instance. Sabotage or not, it's because of the distainful refusal to communicate, I feel taken for granted, and badly let down by those I had such geniune faith in.

Something special has been lost. I just find the whole thing deeply saddening.
    Post edited by wolfamongwolves on
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    30 minutes to go with Livenation and Ticketmaster accounts open, fingers crossed.
    Neil Young & Pearl Jam Dublin 1995, Leeds Festival 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Leeds 2014, Amsterdam 2018, London 1 2022, London 2 2022
  • Options
    OMG im so pissed right now....
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    Yeahhhh!!!! I got my tickets to Stockholm!!!! After all, I'm so happy!!! :D
    At the beginning, there was no available so I chose "best avalaible" and the server found tickets for B area. Then I clicked "choose again" or something like this and again "best avalaible". This time the server showed me two tickets for "parkett staplats"!
    Now I wait instructions to get my wristbands!!! But I have a doubt... I have my membership and I bought 2 tickets, one for me and other for my boyfriend, so I just hope that we have two wristbands to enter together...

Good luck to everybody!! ;)
  • Options
    So now American fans are even more pissed because our American credit cards aren't being accepted.... Oh man this has really been a ride. I'm not even getting tickets but I am following this fun.
  • Options
    JustynaJustyna Posts: 132
    What about seniority and seating tickets? Yesterday I was lucky enough to get one ticket with O2 pre-sale but is far away from stage next to the ceiling. How is that fair?
    Spodek 2000, Roskilde 2000, O2 2009, Belfast 2010, Hyde Park 2010, Wuhlheide 2010, Open'er 2010, Manchester 1&2 2012 , Amsterdam 1&2 2014, Wuhlheide 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Open'er 2014, MK 2014, Amsterdam 1&2 2018, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Barcelona 2018, London 1&2 2018
  • Options
    There are still the odd ticket or two for Stockholm. Tickets that havn´t been paid for are getting released after 5 minutes again. Don´t give up.
  • Options
    So now American fans are even more pissed because our American credit cards aren't being accepted.... Oh man this has really been a ride. I'm not even getting tickets but I am following this fun.
    Really? :shock: It's crazy...
    I paid with visa but I thought I saw that you can pay with american express... I'm not sure
    Anyway, there are many obstacles... the language, for example, I don't understand swedish...
  • Options
    love-boat-captainlove-boat-captain Essex. UK Posts: 476
    NOT GOOD ENOUGH and the most ridiculous and childish lie of an excuse I've ever heard just like the refusal to acknowledge any problem with the video quality box sets.
    I'm ok, I got my tickets, but I'm fuming, close friends who have been members since 93 are giving up on tenclub over this.
    Like I said, I got my tickets easily that day but nethertheless, Tenclubs attitude once again stinks. I experienced this first hand at alpine valley.
    I want to love them and constantly find myself making exceptions and finding reason etc but I can't anymore,
    Oh yeah, and for gods sake TC someone PLEASE take on the job of findin out the problem with the BLURAY box sets crappy quality and SORT IT!!! We all paid a hell of a lot of money for these sub standard products. stop fobbing us off all
    the time!
    London 29-10-96, London 29/30-5-00, London 20-4-06, Reading 27-8-06, London 18-6-07, London 11-8-09, London 18-8-09, London 25-6-10, Berlin 30-6-10 / PJ20 3/4-9-11, Manchester 20-6-12, Amsterdam 26/27-6-12, EV-London 30/31-7-12, EV-Orlando 27-11-12
  • Options
    well we've been royally screwed.
    Merry F**King Christmas
    up here in my tree :)
  • Options
    I'll pay what it takes, buts its freaking lame... I guess it will end up on about 200 euro/ 2000 SEK for one ticket..
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    Swedish Ticketmaster says that you can only pay with a European Credit card:

Note! Payment with electronic credit cards is not accepted.
    We only accept VISA and Mastercard from Europe (not Russia) and only American Express-card from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Island. Please contact customer service 0046 77 170 70 70 for more info.

WTF?
  • Options
    THANK YOU PEARL JAM FOR THIS EUROPEAN PJ20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Buying from scalpers is the shit!!

WOO HOOO!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Dr Emmett BrownDr Emmett Brown Posts: 594
    edited December 2011
    Quite frankly this whole thing leaves a bitter taste.

As someone who's role includes building distributed, redundant, highly available websites that can handle several million threads per hour, I find the whole notion that 10c are trying to pass this off as external sabotage, quite frankly, insulting.

If it were external sabotage, the symptoms we would experience would have been completely different to what was seen. Crowdsrge themselves told many people from this board, myself included, that the problem was they couldn't handle a few thousand concurrent attempts to buy tickets - that is NOT external sabotage, that is poor planning.

And now we find most members having to enter the lottery of a public sale having already paid money to 10C and put their faith and trust in them to provide a promised service, something they have time and again failed to achieve.

My membership is up next month and I won't be renewing. I can get the vinyl off ebay for less than the cost of my membership, and I won't give these clowns money for a service they can no longer provide.

Tim and everyone connected with this, you should be ashamed.
    Post edited by Dr Emmett Brown on
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    I got right now my ticket to Berlin.
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    TBibbyTBibby Posts: 393
    It's funny that you only always get this answer.
    Sea wrote:
    Please remember the Posting Guidelines
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91525

Thank you
  • Options
    Ich Bein Ein Berliner!!! Or I am a Jelly donut, anyway got into Berlin! WooHoo.

Now... off to have a word with my Swedish ancestors about not taking US Credit Cards!
  • Options
    Managed to get two standing tickets to Berlin, really happy that I got them but not at all happy with the whole experience. Copenhagen was a joke, was refreshing before the tickets went on sale, the second they were up I couldn't get any tickets, not even best available. Best of luck to everyone still trying, I hope you manage to get tickets!
  • Options
    thijsthijs Posts: 22

As someone who's role includes building distributed, redundant, highly available websites that can handle several million threads per hour, I find the whole notion that 10c are trying to pass this off as external sabotage. quite frankly, insulting.

If it were external sabotage, the symptoms we would experience would have been completely different to what was seen. Crowdsrge themselves told many people from this board, myself included, that the problem was they couldn't handle a few thousand concurrent attempts to buy tickets - that is NOT external sabotage, that is poor planning.

And now we find most members having to enter the lottery of a public sale having already paid money to 10C and put their faith and trust in them to provide a promised service, something they have time and again failed to achieve.

My membership is up next month and I won't be renewing. I can get the vinyl off ebay for less than the cost of my membership, and I won't give these clowns money for a service they can no longer profide.

• Options
    Anyone getting any joy with the LiveNation pre-sale for the MEN?!!??! Logged in but every time I try and get tickets it takes you to the TM site and says their not available until tomorrow morning!!!!! AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH. :x
  • Options
    thijsthijs Posts: 22
    Moreover, all comments (more than 800) under the two NEWS-items covering this 'sabotage' have been deleted. I cannot help but feel utterly insulted.
  • Options
    Gilberto wrote:
    Anyone getting any joy with the LiveNation pre-sale for the MEN?!!??! Logged in but every time I try and get tickets it takes you to the TM site and says their not available until tomorrow morning!!!!! AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH. :x

Yeah... hate to break it to you but LiveNation run their ticket presales through Ticketmaster, so you should have just been logged into an account on TM and forget about LiveNation. The tickets went up at 9am, but literally sold out within seconds.
  • Options
    Gilberto wrote:

Yep, does this mean presale have sold out already?

Anyone had luck in getting Livenation tickets?
  • Options
    Gilberto wrote:

Exactly my experience too
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    Jammer4PearlJammer4Pearl Posts: 51
    edited December 2011

As someone who's role includes building distributed, redundant, highly available websites that can handle several million threads per hour, I find the whole notion that 10c are trying to pass this off as external sabotage. quite frankly, insulting.

My membership is up next month and I won't be renewing. I can get the vinyl off ebay for less than the cost of my membership, and I won't give these clowns money for a service they can no longer profide.

Totally agree with you. There is no such a thing as sabotage. There are few systems in the world that can handle situations (such a high number of multiple connections for the same DB instance - Google, Amazon...) like this smoothly. But I don't blame 10c for this either. They signed a contract with CrowdSurge in belief everything goes fine this time (what also must have been confirmed by CrowdSurge) and they got ripped off (We all got). And of course they could not put off public onsale due to contracts.

I think the best they could have done after CrowdSurge failed was to make a lottery. Put together some system of applications and just simply divide all rest 10c tickets between applicants for the respective shows. But "everyone is clever when the fight is over" and it's too late now.

I will extend my membership, get my vinyl via 10c and hope they will sort this out for the next time as I believe they are really trying to do best for us.

PS I was not able to get the tix for both shows I wanted even in public onsale, damn Fuck!!!
    Post edited by Jammer4Pearl on
    I can feel like I have a soul that has been saved
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,926
    Can anybody help me?

I just bought tickets for Copenhagen but have no idea what I bought...what does "Unr. saplads" mean?

Its been a confusing morning as I didn't realise the 1 hour time difference so missed Stockholm sale as I was sat on a train coming into work...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    andygeog wrote:
    Gilberto wrote:

Yep, does this mean presale have sold out already?

Anyone had luck in getting Livenation tickets?

I managed to get 2 seats up in the gods, section 202 row P. You needed to be logged into a TicketMaster account, that's who LiveNation use.
  • Options
    Managed to get through via Livenation/Ticketmaster but they only have upper tier tickets available. Sorry, but I'm not buying top dollar for crap tickets. That's why I joined 10C.

Thanks, 10C. What a waste of money. Feeling very sour about the Pearl Jam organisation right now. For me, it's never just been about the music but also the feeling that the fans were respected. Rapidly losing that feeling right now.

"I can't stand it, I know you planned it, I'm gonna set it straight this Watergate."
  • Options
    BennoBenno Posts: 3
    No joy with Livenation/Ticketmaster for MEN - just keeps saying that tickets are unavailable...