Options

UPDATED: Message To PJ Fans From CrowdSurge

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i was so lucky...finnish berlin-stocholm at less a min..my tour buddy after an hour told me she cant get tix,,for the rest,,oslo,copenhagen...i just refresh once and bought them again in less than 1 min..
    i use chrome and went to internet cafe for better speed...sorry for the rest..
    but think positive,,u will score..they will fix it i hope..
    if not..there is always spares.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Why can't they just use Ticketmaster like the Foo's. Their issues with them were years ago, they're better now PLUS Pearl Jam are huge, they can't keep using small band methods to get tickets out there
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    CJMST3K wrote:
    How are other bands selling tickets successfully? It seems, in this day and age that reinventing the wheel is unnecessary, considering that other bands (DMB?) sell tickets successfully. How do they do it differently than PJ does it?

DMB and Phish (who share a management company) use Music Today for presale lotteries.

http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/

I'm not a DMB guy, but for Phish - who plays MSG, Alpine, all similar venues, this system works great. Two seconds to submit your lottery request, and then boom just wait. It's great.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    WHat spares, Dimi? There aren't enough tickets sold... not yet. Will see how it goes. I'm still VERY MUCH PISSED OFF.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    WHat spares, Dimi? There aren't enough tickets sold... not yet. Will see how it goes. I'm still VERY MUCH PISSED OFF.
    you are right,,i understand,,im talking after they solve this and presale continues :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Does anyone have an idea of when the new info will be released? Crowdsurge are not answering me - surpise. Someone said "tonight", but which continent time zone would that be? It's already quarter to one where I live, I have small kids and have to work tomorrow, so I really would need to go to bed. I'll stay up for PJ if I have to, but if the info comes in the morning, the sleep would come in handy.
    I had the Stockholm tickets in the cart about two minutes past the start, and then everything went wrong.
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    we are in the freaking year 2011 for God's sake!!! is just a handful of shows can you imagine if they plan a Full Tour...

will be hearing "this will never happen again" again?

we need EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    Does anyone have an idea of when we're going to get the notification of when pre-sale II starts? It would be nice to know as I am wondering if I need to stay up all night watching my inbox for news of the start or if they'll give us adequate notice.
    Wembley Arena 2007;
    O2 Arena 2009;
    Hyde Park 2010,
    Manchester 20 June 2012
    Manchester 21 June 2012
    Amsterdam 26 June 2012
    Amsterdam 27 June 2012
    Leeds 2014
    Milton Keynes 2014
  • Options
    Faithful_1Faithful_1 Glasgow Posts: 172
    Passim wrote:
    Amateur hour. If most people did their jobs this poorly, they wouldn't have jobs. The complete lack of information only underscores that someone is simply not doing their job. A simple post, even one saying, "Hang in there, we're figuring things out right now and will have information to you in X number of hours" is not too much to ask. Thousands of PJs true fans rearranged schedules, put off important tasks, saved up money, put aside family and other important obligations because they care so much about this band. Is it too much to ask that the band (or more importantly, those behind the scenes) actually care even just a little in return?

You want to run the band like a business and nickel and dime the fans for every little trinket and overpriced hoodie and pair of socks, fine. But if you're going to run this band like a corporate business then you're going to have to start acting like one. That means accountability, that means your "customers" are always right, that means you serve those who keep you in business. Corporations that don't do that cease to be solvent and eventually cease to exist.

The sheer ego behind all of this is staggering. It's insulting. It's like, "We're so big and so awesome that we can do whatever we want, treat our fans however we want. If they don't like it, there's plenty more in line right behind 'em, so who cares what you think or how long you have to wait or how much you have to pay. If you don't like it, too bad for you." This is an amateur operation, run by amateurs who don't have clue one what they're doing. It's all ego, no delivery. I'm truly and honestly disgusted.

You can't even keep your own web site running properly with a mere few hundred fans logged on. Are you kidding me? Is this the 1995 version of the Internet or something?

Well said sir. :clap:
    SECC - Jun 03, 2000
    Leeds Festival - Aug 25, 2006
    Reading Festival - Aug 27, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    ISS Dome - Jun 21, 2007
    MEN - Aug 17, 2009
    Odyssey - Jun 23, 2010
    Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010
    MEN - Jun 20, 2012
    MEN - Jun 21, 2012
    Leeds - Jul 8, 2014
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    I am really happy to see that some fans are standing up and saying whats on their mind...Too many goody tissue fans on here...Who will back up the 10c on whatever they do....

I think it is great that the 10c is trying a different avenue with ticket process..But, why should us fans suffer trying to get tickets....

Jeremy
  • Options
    I am really happy to see that some fans are standing up and saying whats on their mind...Too many goody tissue fans on here...Who will back up the 10c on whatever they do....

I think it is great that the 10c is trying a different avenue with ticket process..But, why should us fans suffer trying to get tickets....

Jeremy
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    choop wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    How are other bands selling tickets successfully? It seems, in this day and age that reinventing the wheel is unnecessary, considering that other bands (DMB?) sell tickets successfully. How do they do it differently than PJ does it?

DMB and Phish (who share a management company) use Music Today for presale lotteries.

http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/

I'm not a DMB guy, but for Phish - who plays MSG, Alpine, all similar venues, this system works great. Two seconds to submit your lottery request, and then boom just wait. It's great.

NIN also used Music Today for their fanclub pre-sales. No problem at all..
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    One word:

POSTCARDS.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    we are in the freaking year 2011 for God's sake!!! is just a handful of shows can you imagine if they plan a Full Tour...

will be hearing "this will never happen again" again?

we need EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EXACTLY my thoughts!

21st fucking century and this shit happens AGAIN??? Seriously, they really expected less from us? or maybe we expected to much from THEM? Ah
  • Options
    How about paypal -I heard 30 seconds to mars do theirs that way
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Crowdsurge have clearly oversold themselves when they suggested in tendering that they can take this piece of work on board.

I don't understand computers, about how 10c could've relayed on just how much traffic passes through when sales time comes around, if this has actually been done.

I don't care what they're called. The name of the company doesn't matter to me.

It's not going to be like the Alpine/Canada handover when 10c ceded the sales right over to TM. There's clearly a contract between 10c and CS, and folks, like it or not, it's gonna have to be CS to carry through the remainder of the sales for this lot.

How do bands of a relevant size do their fan club sales? What lessons can be gleaned off them? CS is itself a proper ticketing agency. In hindsight, it's now easy to say they've taken on something over their capacity. A beefier provider is needed, that much is clear.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Does anyone have an idea of when the new info will be released? Crowdsurge are not answering me - surpise. Someone said "tonight", but which continent time zone would that be? It's already quarter to one where I live, I have small kids and have to work tomorrow, so I really would need to go to bed. I'll stay up for PJ if I have to, but if the info comes in the morning, the sleep would come in handy.
    I had the Stockholm tickets in the cart about two minutes past the start, and then everything went wrong.

Same here... just before midnight where I am... alarm goes off at 6am...

I am guessing that nothing else will happen before tomorrow morning... but an email would be nice. Have asked via Twitter (and I guess I'm not the only one) but nothing there either. Neither on Crowdsurge's Facebook page.
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options

Jeremy
    You mean goody two shoes? :lol:
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    Riot_Rain wrote:

Same here... just before midnight where I am... alarm goes off at 6am...

I am guessing that nothing else will happen before tomorrow morning... but an email would be nice. Have asked via Twitter (and I guess I'm not the only one) but nothing there either. Neither on Crowdsurge's Facebook page.

Yeah...I'd kinda like to go to sleep knowing what's happening. I emailed 10c about an hour ago and i've heard nowt yet.
    SECC - Jun 03, 2000
    ISS Dome - Jun 21, 2007
    MEN - Aug 17, 2009
    Odyssey - Jun 23, 2010
    Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010
    MEN - Jun 20, 2012
    MEN - Jun 21, 2012
    Leeds - Jul 8, 2014
  • Options
    For some fans the sole purpose of joining the 10c is to be able to have the chance to purchase tickets to pearl jam concerts...Well all nothing is guaranteed...But, at least make it a fair chance and not an all day process...

If wasn't for the fan club tickets?....This 10c wouldn't even be around..

There is still a slim hope they will get the ticket process right...But, I wouldn't hold my breath.....Let Ed or any other band member....Try to get tickets via 10c online...Let them experience all the fun we have...lol

Jeremy
  • Options
    Spent ages on this, but also i got through to choose a ticket and the price is £93 what the hell is that all about?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Spoken wrote:
    Ten Club promised this would never happen again.
    :?

I know!!! Wish they would communicate something
    the frustration is ridiculous and it would go a long way to say something
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options

Jeremy[/quote]
    You mean goody two shoes? :lol:[/quote]

You get the point..
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    warrenfse wrote:
    Are you guys ever embarrassed by your performance during these ticket sales? Seriously?

I was the guy who called in on Rob's Show during the PJ20 ticket debacle who called for Tim's head on this. It's amazing how incompetent the Ten Club is.

Jeff Ament also said to me: "This will never happen again!"

Whoops.

I remember your phone call.....it's deja vu all over again!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Apparently the band have been in a meeting with crowdsurge via skype for over 2 hours. Guy I spoke to (my fourth call tonight) said if no email by midnight tonight give up and go to bed.

PJ need to sort this out, if I dont get tickets in this pre sale whats the point of being a member?
  • Options
    The sheer ego behind all of this is staggering. It's insulting. It's like, "We're so big and so awesome that we can do whatever we want, treat our fans however we want. If they don't like it, there's plenty more in line right behind 'em, so who cares what you think or how long you have to wait or how much you have to pay. If you don't like it, too bad for you." This is an amateur operation, run by amateurs who don't have clue one what they're doing. It's all ego, no delivery. I'm truly and honestly disgusted.

You can't even keep your own web site running properly with a mere few hundred fans logged on. Are you kidding me? Is this the 1995 version of the Internet or something?

Well put. And have to agree on the forum.

However, I had my phone on the site (not logged in ) and my laptop (logged in) running side by side and the forum didn't work for hours. Was fine on the phone, though, if a bit slow.

So you actually get a better (faster) service on this forum if you are not logged in.

Or maybe it was to discourage complaints.
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    So 10C goes to an outside vendor because of all the prior problems and there are still problems and its still 10C fault? Maybe I don't understand how crowd surge works but wouldn't they be the problem and not 10C?
  • Options
    Faithful_1 wrote:
    Passim wrote:
    Amateur hour. If most people did their jobs this poorly, they wouldn't have jobs. The complete lack of information only underscores that someone is simply not doing their job. A simple post, even one saying, "Hang in there, we're figuring things out right now and will have information to you in X number of hours" is not too much to ask. Thousands of PJs true fans rearranged schedules, put off important tasks, saved up money, put aside family and other important obligations because they care so much about this band. Is it too much to ask that the band (or more importantly, those behind the scenes) actually care even just a little in return?

You want to run the band like a business and nickel and dime the fans for every little trinket and overpriced hoodie and pair of socks, fine. But if you're going to run this band like a corporate business then you're going to have to start acting like one. That means accountability, that means your "customers" are always right, that means you serve those who keep you in business. Corporations that don't do that cease to be solvent and eventually cease to exist.

Well said sir. :clap:
    You pretty much summed it all up right there. Nailed it. :clap:
  • Options
    Staceb10 wrote:
    So 10C goes to an outside vendor because of all the prior problems and there are still problems and its still 10C fault? Maybe I don't understand how crowd surge works but wouldn't they be the problem and not 10C?
    No. The problem is the same, but with a different provider. They just gave them the problem, its still 10c service THRU crowdsurge. Thats how I see it.
  • Options
    kirkerj wrote:
    Apparently the band have been in a meeting with crowdsurge via skype for over 2 hours. Guy I spoke to (my fourth call tonight) said if no email by midnight tonight give up and go to bed.

PJ need to sort this out, if I dont get tickets in this pre sale whats the point of being a member?

Well, at least that's something. I'll hold on till 12, then i'm going to sleep.

But yeah, there's no point in being a member if you can't 10c tix.
    SECC - Jun 03, 2000
    ISS Dome - Jun 21, 2007
    MEN - Aug 17, 2009
    Odyssey - Jun 23, 2010
    Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010
    MEN - Jun 20, 2012
    MEN - Jun 21, 2012
    Leeds - Jul 8, 2014
This discussion has been closed.