Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    Best show on tv now...
    Sooo much happened last week. Crazy stuff.
    I would like to see nuky & jimmy work together then have Capone kill everyone in the end
    Gibson1972
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    Gibson72 wrote:
    Best show on tv now...
    I would like to see nuky & jimmy work together then have Capone kill everyone in the end

I have a feeling Nucky and Jimmy will pair up once again. Both have been burned and they'll need the support....afterall, Nucky's Irish Whiskey supply is only going to last so long! :D
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    mca47 wrote:
    Gibson72 wrote:
    Best show on tv now...

I have a feeling Nucky and Jimmy will pair up once again. Both have been burned and they'll need the support....afterall, Nucky's Irish Whiskey supply is only going to last so long! :D
    yes they can either kill each other or they can hold their noses and work together. jimmy needs nuck, especially now since the comodore is dead. besides, nucky has the guns now. and nucky is going to need the muscle that jimmy and his crew can provide. especially if he walks at his trial because nuck has so many enemies.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    almost showtime..season finale
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Good Stuff, can't wait for season 3
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    How could they !? I cant believe they went ahead and killed so and so !!?! Man, im pissed off. im afraid the show just jumped the shark... anyone else bummed or disappointed about tonights season finale ?
  • Options
    Isn't it based on real life events? (or at least how the real Nucky remembers it?) I remember reading it in the paper....I live not too far from Atlantic City...

If it is, then who ever died is gonna die...like it or not. I hope Jimmy's mom bites the dust. She's such a horrible person.

And how about Margaret the Holy Roller? Man, not going to go over very well....
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    How could they !? I cant believe they went ahead and killed so and so !!?! Man, im pissed off. im afraid the show just jumped the shark... anyone else bummed or disappointed about tonights season finale ?

it's the sign of a truly great show where they are not afraid to do something like that. sopranos killed off big pussy in it's 2nd season along with countless others.

i was utterly shocked by this one though. totally did not see it coming.

this show is brilliant.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    i didn't see that coming either. i thought horvitz was a dead man...i am a little pissed about it too. they killed off the guy, aside from nucky, that has been carrying the show.

i never really liked jimmy, and the more i got to know about him the less i liked him. but he was the guy that made the show interesting to me. someone has some big shoes to fill next season...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    holy shit...i also didn't see that coming at all...what a bummer :shock:

not likely, but still wondering if it was a just nucky or jimmy having a nightmare? then again i was hoping that for last week's show when he banged his mom

can't imagine how they'll make things interesting next season...so much of the show revolved around his character...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Great show with an unexpected ending. Harrow is going to be a lonely dude now.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I don't see him going out quietly now that his only friends have been taken from him.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I don't see him going out quietly now that his only friends have been taken from him.

gotta think he'll go after both horrowitz and nucky right?

did the court room/marriage scene remind anyone of the end of the godfather? the scene where micheal's nephew is being baptized and he's simultaneously having those other dudes killed? this sort of reminded me of it with esther randall practicing her opening statements while they kept cutting to the marriage, the forced confession, then the killing of that guy. not as much stuff happened, but the way it was edited sort of made me think of that movie.

also--how the hell does van alden escape arrest and flee all the way to the midwest? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin wrote:

did the court room/marriage scene remind anyone of the end of the godfather? the scene where micheal's nephew is being baptized and he's simultaneously having those other dudes killed? this sort of reminded me of it with esther randall practicing her opening statements while they kept cutting to the marriage, the forced confession, then the killing of that guy. not as much stuff happened, but the way it was edited sort of made me think of that movie.

also--how the hell does van alden escape arrest and flee all the way to the midwest? :lol:

and he had plenty of time to get the nanny and baby after shooting a federal agent?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    darmondy is about to unravel, big time. the stress and pressure from his cohorts is getting to him and now, his cheating wife gets shot in cold blood. i think jimmy is next and i think capone is gonna do it.

i kinda thought jimmy was gonna get killed off but i was way off as to who would do it. wow, what a shocker. cant wait till next year!
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

It did remind me of that scene. The scene with Nucky and Jimmy at the end was really well done too.

I think what helped Van Alden escape was that no one knew where he was staying with the baby. I'm curious to see what his story will be. I don't think he has been taken off the show.

The way they ended, they can almost go anywhere they want with season 3. Can't wait.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    I thought Nucky would shoot Eli too. Richard's gonna come for blood.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    awesome finale!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    I thought Nucky would shoot Eli too. Richard's gonna come for blood.

nucky did say blood is thicker than water a few episodes ago. however, i dont think eli will get other chances in the future.

harrow has no one left. a one man gang wont last in AC. they will kill that freak once and for all.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    on a side note, was flipping through channels this weekend and saw this movie that both nucky and jimmy starred in... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412637/. thought it was interesting.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Lizard wrote:
    on a side note, was flipping through channels this weekend and saw this movie that both nucky and jimmy starred in... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412637/. thought it was interesting.

I saw this at Roger Ebert's film festival a few years ago and interviewed the director...not a good film.

Jimmy will be missed but I have faith in the writer's that the show will still be great. Nucky is gonna go bat shit crazy when he finds out 1. Margaret banged Owen and 2. she gave away all his land.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I am extremely disappointed. Jimmy was a great character and sometimes the best part of the show, they made a huge mistake; way too early to kill off a good actor. Jimmy was the reason I got into this show.

I get they wanted to shock the audience in the finale after a season that wasn't as good as the first but it was a bad choice. I'll still watch as there are still other good actors like Chalky's character to explore more. It just seems like a waste of a talented actor and character after only two seasons.
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    I am extremely disappointed. Jimmy was a great character and sometimes the best part of the show, they made a huge mistake; way too early to kill off a good actor. Jimmy was the reason I got into this show.

I get they wanted to shock the audience in the finale after a season that wasn't as good as the first but it was a bad choice. I'll still watch as there are still other good actors like Chalky's character to explore more. It just seems like a waste of a talented actor and character after only two seasons.

wasn't as good as the first? :o:o:o

anyone see that Luck show? i dvr'd it. any good?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    I just got done watching it and was shocked like most of you.
    With last week's episode focused so much on Jimmy...and after 19 or so episodes, the complexity of Jimmy's character really coming out...this was a shocker to say the least. Wow!

This show is simply brilliant.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,074
    Here's the explanation for killing Darmody:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/11/board ... re-finale/
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    I loved the finale. I think mucky will hook up with Jimmy's mom. Margaret will become a whore and Eli will become Bucky,s protector. In the end...the butler will turn on all of them!
    Gibson1972
  • Options

That was a great read about the finale and where the show is going
  • Options

Was that a slight Godfather nod, cross-cutting the wedding and the whacking?
    Yeah, always. I’m not ashamed to say Godfather is one of my favorite movies of all time, and any time I can steal from it, I always do

i knew it!

great read man. thanks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I'm probably being a bit melodramatic here, but seeing Nucky kill Jimmy made me feel terrible. Like I sat in shock for like 10 minutes after it happened. What a bummer too, I really liked Jimmy's character. Personality wise, he reminds me a lot of my "little" brother, which probably has something to do with my disappointment in what happened. But I suppose it's what made the most sense. Jimmy just had a fucked up life, from his mom's perverse love to the war to finding out who his father really was. He was the bad guy you rooted for. But he betrayed Nucky. No matter how he spun it he either had to die or leave town for good. It was more dramatic to kill him, obviously. Great interviews with Terence Winter and Michael Pitt in EW, too.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    Jimmy had to go. Unfortunately, there was no way around it.