Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    It looks like Harrow is arming himself to the teeth to take out the Brothel. Whether or not Gillian becomes a casualty in the process is the question.

I have a bad feeling about Harrows fate though.

Sadly, I concur about Richards fate. In my twisted fantasy, I see him joining Nucky in the role of "Owen" - being a liason, hitman helper for both Chalky White/ Al Capone faction and being able to provide "fatherhood" to Jimmy's boy. The end might be coming for Richard and its a shame as he is a great character in a show chock full of them.

Next weeks preview looks amazing. If Richard has to die I hope its in the process of killing Gillian and/or Gyp.

I think the character is leaving, but not necessarily killed off. Harrow will take out the brothel with Gillian as a planned casualty, in order to kidnap Tommy and run off with Julia. Harrow just wants a family of his own and bringing out the photo this week just reminds us of that.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    keelycan wrote:
    I Want a bath, Some Chow...and then you and me sit down..And we talk about who dies, All right?
    :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

awesome stuff!
    i77884.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    weird how Walking Dead & Boardwalk are kind of paralleling now

One guy who thought that he was the BIg Cheese of his world, finds himself the target of a bigger/crazier guy, with an even bigger ego. And that bigger guy with all his minnions, now wants to battle/kill what he considers to be the lesser guy. So, the smaller guy gathers his ragtag army & decides to fight the bigger guy head-on, leading to a Very Big Battle
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    jamburger wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    It looks like Harrow is arming himself to the teeth to take out the Brothel. Whether or not Gillian becomes a casualty in the process is the question.

I have a bad feeling about Harrows fate though.

Sadly, I concur about Richards fate. In my twisted fantasy, I see him joining Nucky in the role of "Owen" - being a liason, hitman helper for both Chalky White/ Al Capone faction and being able to provide "fatherhood" to Jimmy's boy. The end might be coming for Richard and its a shame as he is a great character in a show chock full of them.

Next weeks preview looks amazing. If Richard has to die I hope its in the process of killing Gillian and/or Gyp.

I think the character is leaving, but not necessarily killed off. Harrow will take out the brothel with Gillian as a planned casualty, in order to kidnap Tommy and run off with Julia. Harrow just wants a family of his own and bringing out the photo this week just reminds us of that.

Yeah, that's what I think. Richard is too compelling a character to kill off. The others made sense. I remember reading an interview with I think Terrence Winter saying Richard was one of his favorites.

And how about Nucky turning bad ass, killing those thugs of Gyp? My heart was racing practically the entire show. Great great episode.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I caught up with the last 3 episodes last night. I'd like to see Gyp choke out Gillian, what a bitch. Al Capone to the rescue.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    pjradio wrote:
    keelycan wrote:
    I Want a bath, Some Chow...and then you and me sit down..And we talk about who dies, All right?
    :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

awesome stuff!
    i77884.jpg

what a big sigh of relief when he got out of the car and stepped forward...then that line (thinking it'll become a classic) :clap:

i'd like to see gillian and gyp get offed...hope harrow takes out both those heartless psychos :twisted:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    this show is the best
    those first 10minutes had me staring at the screen,..

Eli saves the day !

tumblr_me32n5FzlM1qii84ho1_500.gif

tumblr_me3epfcqW61qa2f4eo1_500.gif

tumblr_me3gkhBFzn1qa2f4eo1_r1_250.giftumblr_me3gkhBFzn1qa2f4eo2_r1_250.giftumblr_me3gkhBFzn1qa2f4eo3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_me32f5NXcO1rnyi46o1_500.png

tumblr_me3n6s1HMG1rv5605o1_500.gif
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzRFO6AfRSvceM98JJZO0OBbf3mYI9-Pf5L6EHoCuRy7n78BI7
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    What an episode that was. So great to see Capone and Eli roll up at the end there. It's going to be a blood bath next week! Can't wait to see what happens. Richard better take out that crazy bitch Gillian and Rosetti needs a very slow and very painful death.
  • Options
    Interesting that Margaret was completely gone from the next to last episode.
    Nucky now knowing about her and Owen,
    guess we have 1 storyline to be continued into the next season.

It will be thrilling to see Richard Harrow take out the entire brothel,
    hopefully with Gip Rosetti in there along with the evil Gillian.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    Can't.
    Wait!!!!!
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Interesting that Margaret was completely gone from the next to last episode.
    Nucky now knowing about her and Owen,
    guess we have 1 storyline to be continued into the next season.

It will be thrilling to see Richard Harrow take out the entire brothel,
    hopefully with Gip Rosetti in there along with the evil Gillian.
    I'm guessing the season finale will be focusing mostly on the epic battle(s) that lie ahead and a small sprinkling of the Margaret storyline to lead us into Season 4. Unless things go crazy and Margaret is offed or something.
  • Options
    Season finale tonight!
  • Options
    Season finale tonight!

this season went by too fucking quick!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    pjradio wrote:
    Season finale tonight!

this season went by too fucking quick!
    WAAAAAY too quick (even with a few less than awesome/slower episodes...)

Question:

has anyone here re-watched the last episode (The Two Imposters) more times than ANY episode, ever? I must have watched it 5 times this wk and last night I was fast forwarding to the end to watch the Capone scene and trailer for tomorrow - my wife said "Again???, Jesus, how many times are you gonna watch this episode - 'I put up with this for a week now, I needa bath and some chow, then lets see who gets control of the TV for the rest of the night'" LOL Love her. :lol:
    Can't even express how friggin excited I am for tonight, gabeeesh?
    :D
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    It will be a nice chinese food dinner while I watch this episode tonight.
    6 hours to go....
  • Options
    2 hours...
  • Options
    Holy Hell, thats how its done!! :clap:

Thoughts to come later.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Great episode!!

No shortage of exciting moments. Wrapped up the loose ends as well. Not disappointed here.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    First off, No update on Eddie who was shot last week. I can then assume he will recover.

How about the bedroom scene between Gyp and Gillian? Some whacked out shit there. I thought she was going to end up killing him, then he does a 180 and injects her. It seems that Gillian as well will survive.

Harrow= went all Matrix in the bordello on Gyp's men. My heart was racing that entire scene. I was just waiting for Harrow to get knocked off, thankfully it never came. Good to see Tommy safe.

Then Chalky and Capone take out Masseria's men as they try to leave the state.

Margaret apparently goes through with the abortion.

Rothstein will find himself in a jam in Season 4. Nice of Nucky to play him like a fool and get Mellon involved on the setup.

On to Gyp. There was about a 5 second window on th beach when I thought that he might live to next season, then I could tell he was done for by the way the camera kept setting up the scene.

Nucky is back as the man in A.C., but without Margaret and the kids.

Fantastic Season..
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    It seems that Gillian as well will survive.

God I hope not.

Brilliant episode
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Harrow- Flawless victory- that was awesome
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    First off, No update on Eddie who was shot last week. I can then assume he will recover.

How about the bedroom scene between Gyp and Gillian? Some whacked out shit there. I thought she was going to end up killing him, then he does a 180 and injects her. It seems that Gillian as well will survive.

Harrow= went all Matrix in the bordello on Gyp's men. My heart was racing that entire scene. I was just waiting for Harrow to get knocked off, thankfully it never came. Good to see Tommy safe.

Then Chalky and Capone take out Masseria's men as they try to leave the state.

Margaret apparently goes through with the abortion.

Rothstein will find himself in a jam in Season 4. Nice of Nucky to play him like a fool and get Mellon involved on the setup.

On to Gyp. There was about a 5 second window on th beach when I thought that he might live to next season, then I could tell he was done for by the way the camera kept setting up the scene.

Nucky is back as the man in A.C., but without Margaret and the kids.

Fantastic Season..

well said...also, loved that Chalky & Capone had gained a somewhat respect (albeit tenuous) for each other there in the woods
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    We all kind of knew Harrow was going to do what he did. I'm just glad he survived it, along with Jimmy's boy. Can't believe Gillian apparently survived it all. I think maybe the writers were trying to drudge up some sympathy with Nucky and the viewing public where, in her heroin stupor, acts out that scene from her youth where Nucky sent her in to "serve" the Commodore. Gyp definitely got what was coming to him. Great season finale to my favorite show. Now the waiting for next season begins. :(
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    We all kind of knew Harrow was going to do what he did. I'm just glad he survived it, along with Jimmy's boy. Can't believe Gillian apparently survived it all. I think maybe the writers were trying to drudge up some sympathy with Nucky and the viewing public where, in her heroin stupor, acts out that scene from her youth where Nucky sent her in to "serve" the Commodore. Gyp definitely got what was coming to him. Great season finale to my favorite show. Now the waiting for next season begins. :(
    Nice pickup on Gillian being brought back to her young encounter with the Commodore.

I other mild misfire... Van Alden storyline was left in the dust until next season. I thought for sure that he would have accompanied Capone down to A.C.
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    i wanted Harrow to survive but thought it was unrealistic that he did..

Great season all in all.. some slower episodes but some really great ones..
  • Options
    fantastic
    The DVR will be getting a nice run
    watching this one over again.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    fantastic
    The DVR will be getting a nice run
    watching this one over again.
    Same here
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Gillian is dead. She was planning on killing Gyp with the syringe so why wouldn't it kill her? It goes by too quick. So will Lucky start working with Nucky after being betrayed by AR?

Now I wait for Shameless and GOT.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Gillian is dead. She was planning on killing Gyp with the syringe so why wouldn't it kill her? It goes by too quick. So will Lucky start working with Nucky after being betrayed by AR?
    Gillian is NOT dead. Found this:

From Terence Winter Q & A:
    For the record, Gillian did not die from that injection, correct?
    That’s correct. She’s not dead.