**The Official Please Play Alaska Thread**

iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,493
edited January 17 in The Porch
If the White Stripes could play every territory and province of Canada, than PJ can PLAY ALASKA for the 1st time ever!!!!

The Foo Fighters played both Anchorage and Fairbanks in 2021. 
Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on

Comments

• Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Yeah play it !! :D
  • bump
  • Time to play Alaska PJ! Long overdue!
  • don't care if I'm the only one who posts for them to play AK. The shows would sell out, even if there's not many 10c members here.
  • Bump for a sunny Wednesday :)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    A_Photographers_Canvas_Mendenhall_Glacier_Alaska.jpg

Yes ... Please play Alaska! :D WOW that is lovely!
  • pandora wrote:
    A_Photographers_Canvas_Mendenhall_Glacier_Alaska.jpg

Yes ... Please play Alaska! :D WOW that is lovely!

That's Alaska in August with the fireweed in bloom :)
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I would love to make this trip, always wanted to see Alaska
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • 8-) :thumbup:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • To the top!!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    I like it! Officially adding Alaska to my 2012 your prediction:

Fenway, Wrigley, Minnesota, Alaska, and the South. Europe too.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Whats not to love in Alaska? If you're an outdoors person there is nowhere better to take a PJ vacation! Unparalled wildlife viewing, world class hiking,fishing, and sea kayaking opportunities abound within easy driving distance of Alaska's largest city Anchorage nestled between the Chugach mountains and Cook Inlet. And if you're a born and raised city slicker, Anchorage is a big city like any other (300,000+ people) with all the amenities, great food, lodging, microbrews and plenty of sightseeing opportunites (with an excelent chance to see a moose in the city even). Jump on the bandwagon everyone for PJ August 2012. Those who would make the trip I'm sure would help make it a PJ show of a lifetime
  • bump
  • rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    I'll support this endeavour! I love it when they head to places they've never or rarely been before. The fans are always so energetic and appreciative.

You'd figure Ed would be up for it ... 8-)
  • Since moving to AK, it would be superb if my 10c membership could be utilized for what its for -10c tickets and a show here in AK would be excelent, since I can't just drop a grand to fly to the lower 48 to see a show. Pearl Jam plays on the local radio station all the time. People dig the band here, even if they aren't 10c members, which, seeing as the band has never played here, makes sense.

Play AK PJ!! We need you!
  • Bump
  • Ed could be the opener and play some ITW tracks (b/c it would be in Alaska!) and some uke tunes, and then a thunderous set with the band! Combine solo Ed with the full band, and we'd have one heck of a great show!
  • Please play AK - August 2012!!
  • bump because it's been quite a while
  • Alaska! Absolutely, they should play at least one show after all these years. Hey my town is on the N 60th parralell as well, and they´ve been here!!

They do understand Alaska is both beautiful and closer to Seattle than Costa Rica? Right? Costa Rica ! YAY!
    However AK is still IN the US, so perhaps it would be cool for maybe a small Anchorage gig? Maybe.

Yes, I understand population/attendance/revenue/ issues.

But AK is USA.

Just saying.
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Yes Please play Alaska ... you'll love it! :D
  • PJ Sweden wrote:
    Alaska! Absolutely, they should play at least one show after all these years. Hey my town is on the N 60th parralell as well, and they´ve been here!!

They do understand Alaska is both beautiful and closer to Seattle than Costa Rica? Right? Costa Rica ! YAY!
    However AK is still IN the US, so perhaps it would be cool for maybe a small Anchorage gig? Maybe.

Yes, I understand population/attendance/revenue/ issues.

But AK is USA.

Just saying.

Thanks for the support from a northern region as well. This state does have a couple good options for venues as well. I strongly support the Anchorage idea and if they do that, they may as well add in a Fairbanks gig as well. I'd be at both even though its quite common for people to fly between the two cities. :) Its a darn big slab of land. If you're the band, why not do something different, experience a different region, and gain a lot of new fans in the process. I honestly bet it would be like an international show in terms of great crowd support as we don't often get big acts.
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    A relatively quick plane ride from AZ for me... this is something I can support wholeheartedly!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Wow. Never saw this thread before today.

Needless to say, I'm all in favor of this. :thumbup:

Please come and play Anchorage! That would be awesome!
  • Play Alaska PJ!
  • They've probably been watching Alaska State Troopers and are scared for their lives :?

I hate the way shows like that can put such a bad taste in my mouth. They do it all the time with shows down south too, maybe that's why they won't play here anymore either.

Regardless, i support your campaign to get PJ in Alaska. I would make a vacation out of it if they went there.
  • Alright, PJ is playing Sweden and Norway, next summer. Now Play Alaska in August or fall!! Its in the US For gosh sakes! PPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!
  • You can do it PJ. There are fans here too you know, some that have probably waited 20 years and aren't 10c members because you've never been here. Just saying it would be nice and you'd gain more fans in this enormous neck of the woods.
  • CloggyCloggy Posts: 47
    This Dutchy would be there in a heartbeat!

Been to Alaska twice so far and absolutely love it. My husband and I had a bit of a fight about where in Alaska to move to even on our first trip there and we'll definitely be back...

So I fully support you on this one :lol:
  • iOnlyownMymind,

Where do you live? Anchorage? Just curious...and also curious if there are other Alaskans on this board!

Shoot, you'd think Ed would want to go see the bus in Denali, if nothing else...and as long as they were here for that.....I bet they could easily sell out the PAC.

Anyway, Play Alaska!