**The Official Please Play Alaska Thread**

Comments

• big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,516
    bump...come on...anymore previous concert experiences in Alaska?

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

bump....having west coast dates in 2017 with a few shows in Alaska would be amazing!

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128

bump...come on...anymore previous concert experiences in Alaska?

In 2010 the band Korn came and sold out two shows at a 4000 person standing only venue. They brought it, and so did the fans. One of the most electric audiences I've seen.

When the chili peppers played in 2013, at a 6600 person venue, it was insane. They left after their main set, and the crowd erupted for an encore. It was louder than any show I've ever been too. It was probobly twice as loud as the PJ crowd at MSG this year. I will never forget it.
  • Where would they play? Anchorage? Early Sept would be fantastic if they ever consider it!!
    Anchorage is the best option at the arena. Not sure if they could find another venue in Fairbanks or Juneau.

bump

• legal weed with whales. i'm in
    or grizzlies. anytime from may to September; hopefully some dry weather

bump

bump

bump

One day we will get a response from someone
    hopefully soon...looking forward to the Great Alaska Beer and Barley Wine Festival early next year.

bump

Some day
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    nice photos. If I could find my folder of photos, I would post a few

bump

Alaskan crowds have more energy than any other crowd I've been in
    Good to here about the crowds. Hoping there are west coast dates next spring/summer with some Alaska dates.

Two anchorage shows and a Fairbanks show. Would be epic!
    Minimum 3 shows in the state would be great. if Newfoundland can get 2 shows, Alaska should finally get to see PJ.

bump

• JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    bcoker said:

Probably haven't played there because of the small venues. Carlson Center in Fairbanks only holds 6,500 and the Sulliivan Arena in Anchorage seats less than 9,000.

For a tour to be finanically viable, arenas need to seat 12,000-20,000 people. They can squeeze a small venue in here or there in a tour that is hitting major cities along the way, but Alaska is pretty far out of the way to go and play a small show. Plus they would have to fly in all crew & equipment -- not cheap.

I'd definitely come up for a show in Alaska.
    What about outdoor venues? Would be more appropriate for the Alaska vibe, No?
    Jbarker said:

bcoker said:

Probably haven't played there because of the small venues. Carlson Center in Fairbanks only holds 6,500 and the Sulliivan Arena in Anchorage seats less than 9,000.

For a tour to be finanically viable, arenas need to seat 12,000-20,000 people. They can squeeze a small venue in here or there in a tour that is hitting major cities along the way, but Alaska is pretty far out of the way to go and play a small show. Plus they would have to fly in all crew & equipment -- not cheap.

I'd definitely come up for a show in Alaska.
    What about outdoor venues? Would be more appropriate for the Alaska vibe, No?
    Not too many out door venues. Unfortunately. I'm sure something could be constructed. Once the band flyleaf played a free out door show downtown in our town square in anchorage. That was super awesome!

• SR91748SR91748 Posts: 137
    Juneau
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,187
    I'm on board with this idea. Would love another excuse to make traveling there happen!
    It's a hopeless situation...
    bump

• JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    the bumpty dance is your chance to do the bump...