**The Official Please Play Alaska Thread**

Comments

• big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,516
    Yes...outdoor shows with the long summer days would be amazing

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060

They should do a summer outdoor show at the Blue Loon in Fairbanks.

And open with Setting Forth / Leatherman. :wink:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Any other outdoor locations that hold > 5,000 people? Juneau would be a nice tour stop, but out of the way.

The logistics of multi-city tour are difficult, but can be done. Anyone in Fairbanks?

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128

The logistics of multi-city tour are difficult, but can be done. Anyone in Fairbanks?

One time a band called flyleaf did a free concert in the anchorage town square. There was 5000-6000 people there! It was awesome and rainy!

summer outdoor shows much better than the stadiums.

How many fans in the southeast---Juneau, Ketchikan?

Bump, set, spike.......Let's get some shows scheduled before the glaciers melt and the grizzlies eat the tourists!

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Yeah play it !! :D

Looking to see how may people on the boards live in the southeast...ketchikan, juneau

bump

will be heading up in early fall....a great time for hiking and beer.

bump

Will start posting pictures to make this idea more enticing

bump.....

bump.....

Can we just start posting in this daily? They will eventually catch on
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

Time to play Alaska PJ! Long overdue!

Agreed
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,493
    Put Alaska on the map for west coast tour next year!
    I'm going to have to speak with Mr. Vedder if he doesn't respond soon
    Mr. and Mrs. Vedder.....Mr. Vedder may not be a fan of "cool" temperatures like 60 degrees fahrenheit....I'm trying to dig up some photos from my trips. anything to make this more appealing.
    I want to know how many fans live in the major cities......anchorage, Juneau, Fairbanks,

Mr. and Mrs. Vedder.....Mr. Vedder may not be a fan of "cool" temperatures like 60 degrees fahrenheit....I'm trying to dig up some photos from my trips. anything to make this more appealing.
    I want to know how many fans live in the major cities......anchorage, Juneau, Fairbanks,

Alaska photo image_zpsdu0n13ci.jpeg

Alaska photo image_zpsyaf0moff.jpeg

heres a few photos I took. Not even ten minutes from anchorage!
    nice shots! Will have to add some from Anchorage area.

Monday bump......

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    OK, here's some songs they should play if they ever make it to Alaska:

Leatherman
    Half Full
    Of The Earth
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    bump

I wish other people would pitch in to help petition for a sweet Alaskan show!!

The band can crash at my place. Bump
  • AZDAZD AZ Posts: 32
    It'd be great to see a midnight show in late June at an outdoor venue. Maybe Kincaid Park?

Jack White played Anchorage last year as one of 4 shows to finish off his list of playing in each state. How big was that venue?

I'd fly to AK for a PJ show.
    Tuesday bump

dschifrin said:

It'd be great to see a midnight show in late June at an outdoor venue. Maybe Kincaid Park?

Jack White played Anchorage last year as one of 4 shows to finish off his list of playing in each state. How big was that venue?

I'd fly to AK for a PJ show.

Jack white played a small auditorium on the UAA college campus. Tickets were $3. You should have seen the line for tickets. He announced the show only 12 hours prior to performing. There was a line of about 5,000 people trying to get 1,000 tickets. It was nuts.

When the chili peppers played in 2013 the presale sold so fast they they had to add a second show. and that was a 7,000 seat venu. Tickets were around $80 for that show.

It would be super epic. It would sell out super fast. I don't know why they haven't played in Alaska yet.

• AZDAZD AZ Posts: 32
    riley540 said:

When the chili peppers played in 2013 the presale sold so fast they they had to add a second show. and that was a 7,000 seat venu. Tickets were around $80 for that show.

What was the venue for the RHCP show?