**The Official Please Play Alaska Thread**

Comments

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    dschifrin said:

riley540 said:

When the chili peppers played in 2013 the presale sold so fast they they had to add a second show. and that was a 7,000 seat venu. Tickets were around $80 for that show.

What was the venue for the RHCP show?

The Sullivan arena. It's where the local semi-pro hockey team plays. It's an older place. The acoustics kinda suck, but it fits a decent crowd.

On campus, they just erected a 3,000 - 4,000 seat arena that has been used for a lot of shows. Motley crue played there last summer and the Offspring is playing there this fall. Way better sound in the new building.
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,493
    Haven't been to that new arena. Sounds like it could be a good one, though pretty small by PJ standards.
  • big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,516
    bump

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

bump

Come to Alaska Pearl Jam. You won't be disappointed! There's is fans there of all ages. I graduated high school in 2014 and I had tons of friends that played Pearl jam stuff all the time. And then I have friends who's parents are in love with Pearl jam. It would be an instant sell out!
    bump......

bump

bump

Any fans in Fairbanks? Need to head north of Anchorage next time I am in Alaska.

How many Alaskas are on here?
    I have been trying to find that out for a few years. I know a few from Anchorage area, but the southeast and north of Anch. seems to be non-existent

bump

bump

• ruggs1996ruggs1996 Posts: 566
    bump
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Signed.

My cousin plays guitar in an awesome Anchorage band, and when more famous bands/artists play Alaska shows, his band sometimes gets the call to open for them. Most recently, they opened for Jane's Addiction.

Play Alaska, Pearl Jam. And give The Modern Savage an opening slot.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    ^ Cool!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    bump

bump

bump

the alaska airlines center looks similar in layout to adams center in missoula. not sure about acoustics. anyone been to a rock show in alaska airlines center?

Bump

bump

Bump

the alaska airlines center looks similar in layout to adams center in missoula. not sure about acoustics. anyone been to a rock show in alaska airlines center?

i saw Alabama shakes in 2014 and motley crue last year. Super super good sounds and intimate setting
    bump

bump

bump

bump

bump

bump