Options

********Gorge Fanviews Nite One 7/22 Here********

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited July 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
soundcheck: All those Yesterdays (one and half times), Leatherman, Gods Dice

Pearl Jam Set List: Wash, Corduroy, Hail, Hail, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Even Flow, Down, I Am Mine, Unemployable, Daughter / (Its Ok), Gone, Black, Insignificance, Life Wasted, Blood

1st Encore: Footsteps, Once, Alive, State Of Love And Trust, Crown Of Thorns, Leash, Porch

2nd Encore: Last Kiss, Inside Job, Go, Baba O'Riley, Dirty Frank, Rockin’ In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter / (Little Wing) / (Star Spangled Banner)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Setlist came from: Rodger3478 thanks buddy you fucking rock!

I'm doing this thread for Mark aka edwho who has done these threads for some of the past shows. Now post away people. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    Umm..there will be 0 fanviews tonight as all those in attendance are partying at the campgrounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU LUCKY BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    denverfan wrote:
    Umm..there will be 0 fanviews tonight as all those in attendance are partying at the campgrounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU LUCKY BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well when they are done they can list there fanview lol
  • Options
    Well when they are done they can list there fanview lol

HAHA...I hear ya...just pissed I missed it..Im a fucking whore for money and couldnt miss this client who flew into denver...I'm pissed (at myself), when they play the Gorge it's special...was there last year and I'll never forget...FUCK YOU MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

• Options
    LoriDee64LoriDee64 Posts: 75
    I just read all 22 pages of the show....check it out on the other Gorge thread
    They were HOT.....literally

From what I read...this show was incredible...was out taping a band tonight and tomarrow....I am looking forward to being on here for the relay....very cool! Thanks to those who posted the relay...!!!!
    BOUNDLESS
  • Options
    schwankschwank Posts: 32
    Nah some of us are too old to camp and party all night... was too damn hot today anyway.

It only took 1.5 HOURS to get my 10c tickets... and there were people still coming in to the show 45 minutes in... the security setup and line management for will call was horrendous. Posters and all goodies were sold out by the time I even got in the door, and I did not screw around at all getting there...

Setlist was incredible... Last Kiss had Eddie standing on the roof of the soundboard area maybe 15 feet from me... it was just incredible. The sun going down left the sky bright orange and red... a beautiful venue once I got into the show, but as usual the Gorge as a venue apart from the show is less than stellar.

Anyway, the show was hot, the band was hot, and I need a cold shower... my hotel room here in Ellensburg has a bed that vibrates for over 30 minutes for a quarter...lol.

GREAT show, but PLEASE if anyone has a spare poster, please, I'd love to purchase it at fair value... really sucked about the lines tonite. I've got hard tickets for tomorrow... so I'm planning on getting there much earlier and should be able to get in much easier.
    Life is Participation in Evolution
    believe you me, i do believe
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    what happened with the distribution of the tickets??
    what was the mixup all about????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    Dirty Frank?????????????????????
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    chileanmenchileanmen Posts: 581
    what happened with the distibution of the tickets??
    what was the mixup all about????

I think ticketmaster suffered a printing problem, and the tickets wasn´t printed by the time they should.

Or something like that.
    22/11/05 Santiago, Chile
    23/11/05 Santiago, Chile
    13/07/06 Santa Barbara, CA
    15-16-18/07/06 San Francisco, CA
  • Options
    schwankschwank Posts: 32
    Yep, we got Dirty Frank. Eddie opened it by thanking the long time fans... who have been around since the old days 'when we made crappy songs like this one'...

And Wash, and Crown of Thorns... and Blood, and Leash, and Teenage Wasteland, and so many more... just a killer high energy show. Seriously Eddie on the roof set the crowd off.

Don't know what was up with tickets... they were there and all, but there was very poor organization, and many people cut into the 10c line instead of going to the end... of course it is the Seattle show... so it is going to be nuts, but still... 1.5 hours in 100 degree sun sucked. And then to be denied a poster...weak.

I walked in to Wash, and I know for a fact there were HUNDREDS of 10c members behind me who still had to pick up tix, much less go through security and get in... I'm sure you'll hear more about it tonight and tomorrow.

The show more than made up for it... my girl has never seen PJ and her first two shows were Portland and tonight... she had a great time tonight save for the entrance debacle. Can't wait to close it out tomorrow... who knows what they will bust out.
    Life is Participation in Evolution
    believe you me, i do believe
  • Options
    slyneuralslyneural Posts: 37
    schwank wrote:
    Yep, we got Dirty Frank. Eddie opened it by thanking the long time fans... who have been around since the old days 'when we made crappy songs like this one'...

Funny......it really is a twisted song.
    Fargo '03, Chicago(II) '06,
  • Options
    schwank wrote:

And Wash, and Crown of Thorns... and Blood, and Leash, and Teenage Wasteland, and so many more... just a killer high energy show. Seriously Eddie on the roof set the crowd off.

Don't know what was up with tickets... they were there and all, but there was very poor organization, and many people cut into the 10c line instead of going to the end... of course it is the Seattle show... so it is going to be nuts, but still... 1.5 hours in 100 degree sun sucked. And then to be denied a poster...weak.

I walked in to Wash, and I know for a fact there were HUNDREDS of 10c members behind me who still had to pick up tix, much less go through security and get in... I'm sure you'll hear more about it tonight and tomorrow.

The show more than made up for it... my girl has never seen PJ and her first two shows were Portland and tonight... she had a great time tonight save for the entrance debacle. Can't wait to close it out tomorrow... who knows what they will bust out.

FUCK THAT DUDE..10c screwed again???????? what a joke!

• Options
    i nearly shat myself when i saw dirty frank on that setlist.

they really brought it with the set at this one as expected..

Down, Blood ending the main set, baba AND Ledbetter..

Open with Wash..

incredible.

i'm gonna have to buy this one.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    daryl jamdaryl jam Posts: 103
    Just got home (to hotel) from the gorge...perfect weather...not too hot...great setlist IMO.....great venue...great band....but i think all you lazy fuckers should be ashamed of yourselves for the mess that was left behind...my GF and I waded through a sea of garbage on our way out to the parking lot...(with our garbage in my backpack).....show the venue, yourselves, each other and the band some respect and pick up after yourselves...think about the wages for the poor cleanup staff the next time you bitch about a $6 slice of pizza.....
    angels dance on a pin head, just to make room for you and i....
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Wow what a day! There was a snafu w/ the 10c tickets. Appearently, according to Gorge security, Ticketmaster's server took a shit, and the distribution of the 10c tix was set back an hour or two. I missed Wash :( and Corduroy, caught the end of Hail Hail and didn't make it to my seat until WWS had ended.

Initially the crowd was exhausted from the heat (according to Ed it was 116 degrees :) ), and things didn't really pick up until the sun went down and the venue (realitively) cooled off.

That 1st encore was blistering (Porch, in particular,was off the hook). To open the second encore ED sang Last Kiss to the people on the lawn from the top of the sound/lighting(?) booth some 35 odd rows back. It was awesome! Not to mention we got Baba, RITFW AND YL (extended with Little Wing jam + SSB-- best version EVER!!!) on the same night-- plus Dirty Frank!

Great show!!! Crossing my fingers for an acoustic set tormorrow, but it might just be too darned hot to start playing early-- hopefully not, you never know!
  • Options
    eddieved24eddieved24 Posts: 107
    I just got done with a cold shower!! and now I am sitting at my computer in my towel!! AMAZING SHOW!! ed switched the opening line of wash from " please let it rain today, this cities so filthy, like my mind in ways" To " please let it rain today, this planet, is burning, like my mind..." Very fitting as it was the hottest weather I have ever personally experienced. No problem with ticket pick up for us, we stopped and picked them up around 4pm, and then went back to party it up a bit. Stood by fans from Australia, Boston and Canada tonight!!! The largest gathering of die hards I have seen at the show. I will let others recount the exact events, just wanted to share as I amj still Flying high from such a great night....oh yeah and dirty frank? please!!!!!!!!! can it get better?
    all those paper plates......
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    GREAT SHOW! as much or more energy than portland. I missed the first four songs becuase the Ten CLub ticket window was sooooo long.... From now on I'm getting my tickets four hours before the show. realy, it was my own fault. But anyway.... great version of crown of thorns, as always life wasted rocked the place, It's ok tag on daughter was magical..... seats were great.... it was hot but it was sooo worth it. hope tomorow can compare. thats it for now.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    RiotActRiotAct Posts: 56
    Ed Pre-Set??

soundcheck: All those Yesterdays (one and half times), Leatherman, Gods Dice

Pearl Jam Set List: Wash, Corduroy, Hail, Hail, World Wide Sucide, Severed Hand, Given To fly, Elderly Woman, Even Flow, Down, I am Mine, Unemployable, Daughter/ its ok, Gone, Black, Insignificance, Life Wasted, Blood

1st Encore: Footsteps, Once, Alive, State of Love and Trust, Crown Of Thorns, Leash, Porch

2nd Encore: Last Kiss, Inside Job, Go, Baba O'Riley, Dirty Frank, RITFW, Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing/Star Spangled Banner

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your fanview if you were in attendance.

Setlist came from: Rodger3478 thanks buddy you fucking rock.

I'm doing this thread for Mark aka edwho who has done these threads for some of the past shows. Now post away people. :)

The Gorge has no clue how to run a show. The 10C line was a mile long and so unorganized. There was still tons of ppl in line when PJ took the stage. My friend waited over 1.5 hrs in line before he got his tickets. Luckily we parked in the VIP and the gait we walked in was right by the 10C line so we just snuck in and got our tickets in 2 minutes. We still missed the first 5 songs b/c they were only letting so many ppl in the gates at one time...even well after PJ took the stage.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    RiotAct wrote:
    The Gorge has no clue how to run a show. The 10C line was a mile long and so unorganized. There was still tons of ppl in line when PJ took the stage. My friend waited over 1.5 hrs in line before he got his tickets. Luckily we parked in the VIP and the gait we walked in was right by the 10C line so we just snuck in and got our tickets in 2 minutes. We still missed the first 5 songs b/c they were only letting so many ppl in the gates at one time...even well after PJ took the stage.
    sounds like a nightmare.....

tomorrow i am sure they will have everything worked out.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    There were no problems with 10C tickets when I arrived around 3pm. Short line and they were pretty quick at getting people's tickets.

Security was an absolute mess though. No single person knew all the 'rules'. They all had their own interpretations and were pissing a lot of people off.

I like the show, but something about it seemed off. Maybe it was because they started playing so early, without a preset like the Sept 1st show. This made the show end quite early.

Couldn't believe it when they started playing Dirty Frank. That was absolutely incredible. Totally worth standing outside in 100+ degree weather.
  • Options
    Tonight's show at The Gorge was reason for celebration. Highlights (for me,) included Wash, Footsteps, Dirty Frank and a seemingly spontaneous full-band version of Little Wing towards the end of Yellow Ledbetter.

Having never been to a show at The Gorge, (regretfully due to my residence in Texas,) I was blown away, far beyond the pictures and fanviews I've seen and read before walking into this place. "Holy fucking shit," is about the only phrase I could think of all evening long.

I was at all three San Francisco shows, the Portland benefit, and this first night at The Gorge, and I must say, wow. Perhaps my reviewing capability would be more advanced tomorrow. Oh, no, I'll be at the next Gorge show tomorrow. Wow.

Pics of today:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lesheifner/072206WestCoastDay9
    Austin - Sep 16, 1995, Dallas - Jul 05, 1998, San Francisco - Jul 15, 2006, San Francisco - Jul 16, 2006, San Francisco - Jul 18, 2006, Portland - Jul 20, 2006, The Gorge - Jul 22, 2006, The Gorge - Jul 23, 2006, Seattle - Sep 21, 2009, Seattle - Sep 22, 2009, Portland - Sep 26, 2009, Philadelphia - Oct 31, 2009

• Options
    MissyMissy Posts: 3
    goldenegg wrote:
    Security was an absolute mess though. No single person knew all the 'rules'. They all had their own interpretations and were pissing a lot of people off.

Glad we weren't the only ones who thought this. For the first time ever they didn't allow people to bring in blankets to sit on...they are a fire hazard you know. You could take in as many water bottles as you wished...but only after you threw the caps away in front of the security people. This was because someone might throw a bottle cap at someone and hurt them. Although I saw plenty of people buy water bottles inside that still had lids on them. Oh and no poster tubes. Again, you might injure someone with them. Not that it mattered because they were all sold out by 5pm anyway. Overall there were A LOT of really pissed off people.

Aside from the horrid security situation, the concert rocked!. It was hot and humid (it rained on and off all around us just enough to make it nice and muggy) but it was overcast most of the day, so at least we didn't have the hot sun directly beating down on us. It was still damn hot though! We are home now (Yakima), but will be heading back up in the morning. Can't wait. Tomorrow we will know what to expect as far as the new security measures and we shouldn't have any problems (knock on wood). Can't wait!
    Missy
  • Options
    EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    Second time seeing them, first time ever to the Gorge. Unfortunately, stuck in the lawn with some delayed sound and small dots as the band members. Doesn't matter, watching that beautiful sunset while PJ was riding the rhythm to Alive hard gave me (and I'm sure everybody else) goosebumps.

Glad to know where Eddie went during Last Kiss, I was searching for him but couldn't locate him so I assumed he went backstage or something.

Have fun to everybody staying for the second night, I'm sure they're going to pull more songs from Vitalogy/No Code.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    daryl jam wrote:
    Just got home (to hotel) from the gorge...perfect weather...not too hot...great setlist IMO.....great venue...great band....but i think all you lazy fuckers should be ashamed of yourselves for the mess that was left behind...my GF and I waded through a sea of garbage on our way out to the parking lot...(with our garbage in my backpack).....show the venue, yourselves, each other and the band some respect and pick up after yourselves...think about the wages for the poor cleanup staff the next time you bitch about a $6 slice of pizza.....

Thanks for the review mother earth and Al Gore. Glad you enjoyed!
  • Options
    EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    I'm not sure what the temperature gauge hit but it was damn hot. Eddie said in between songs something to the effect of "these clouds never looked so good!!!"
  • Options

lol vedder in shorts! like the old days
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    It's 7:35 AM and already getting pretty warm out. I'm kind of staring at the screen, not really sure what exactly my fanview would be.

As a NYC girl living in Chicago and never having been out west... wow. Mt. Rainier; Seattle; all so amazingly beautiful. The drive out to the Gorge was a bit longer than we expected, and we arrived late. All I can say is that canadian(?) poster with the evergreen trees on it is a perfect artistic representation of the views here. Totally breathtaking.

Temperatures fluxuated between 104 up to the highest we saw at 109. We decided to stay at a hotel in Moses Lake for Saturday night because of the heat. Thank god.

Parking was a 45 minute wait for most people who weren't camping. The main Gorge campground looked very reminiscent of Woodstock. 10C ticket pickup was an hour wait as some have already said, with no real structure, people cutting the line and a good deal of confusion. Add to the confusion, Ticketmaster lost all service on the West Coast. Then there were the lines to get actually in to the Gorge itself.

But... wow. All those lines were worth the wait. Walking up the hill to look out at the stage and valley below, and the mountains beyond, literally brought tears to my eyes. It was just so damn gorgeous.

Me, Nixon in Detroit and Boston Bobby had 16th row, Mike's side towards the center and sat 2 rows in front of Ashley, Mike's wife. Ashley was with Chris Adams (?) whom Ed gave a shout out to as their friend who had recently gone through a lot of stuff in his life, which we believe was Crohn's related. What we (Nixon!) found out was that tonight's show was Chris's dream setlist. Chris & Ashley had made up the setlist in Portland and all throughout the show Mike and the boys kept pointing and waving to him and Ashley. For the last 2 songs, they left our area and went up on the side stage.

Thank you, thank you Chris, you wonderful human being. :D

Wash was just the perfect opener...then we get slammed with Cord, HH, WWS, Sev Hand, and then Ed went into a speech about staying "hydrated, indulated" and a few other -ated words (I think it was at this point) and taking care of our friends and neighbors then went into GTF.

Daughter tag included "the sun goes down... " to the most gorgeous sunset I've ever seen on the continental USA. Brilliant shades of of pink, red and orange streaking across the sky behind the mountains...Ed's voice coaxing the sun to down. Words can't do it justice.

Insignificance was great and reminded me of the Boein facility we passed on the way from Portland to Seattle. Blood was a riot of jumping, fist pumping and craziness.

Footsteps...beautiful. SOLAT into Crown was a personal favorite for me, at which point I could not help the tears again.

Last Kiss was on the roof of the sound area, which made an eh-eh song interesting. Inside Job, started off a teenie bit shakey, but was as beautiful as ever. When Baba started, we thought we were done..but oh no...

DIRTY FUCKIN FRANK baby!!

We had been chanting through the whole show and I literally think I peed my pants a little. I thought they were on fire. The bass line was groovy, with the help of the lyric sheet, Ed was on the money and it was just freekin incredible.
    INCREDIBLE. I am a very happy girl.

Today we will be going over earlier and hopefully will manage the heat today (I do feel badfor the campers!)

More on Portland, meeting Mike, Gorge 2, CCFA totals, etc. on Tuesday!!

Back to sleep for me...
    Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    daryl jam wrote:
    Just so you know, if everyone cleaned up after themselves those folks wouldn't even have jobs. Same deal with movie theaters, etc. Not the most glamorous jobs, but they are a form of income that would otherwise be unavailable.

Sounds like a very interesting evening for those of you who were there. I look forward to reading more about it as people get home.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Just so you know, if everyone cleaned up after themselves those folks wouldn't even have jobs. Same deal with movie theaters, etc. Not the most glamorous jobs, but they are a form of income that would otherwise be unavailable.

Sounds like a very interesting evening for those of you who were there. I look forward to reading more about it as people get home.

u should still clean up after yourselves.....some occupations dont NEED to exist.....Its kind of like the guys who collect cans on the beach here...if everyone threw them away...those guys wouldn't have jobs.....but who aspires to be a janitor.....if u do...something wrong with you!!!
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited October 2010
    !
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    Tonight's show at The Gorge was reason for celebration. Highlights (for me,) included Wash, Footsteps, Dirty Frank and a seemingly spontaneous full-band version of Little Wing towards the end of Yellow Ledbetter.

Having never been to a show at The Gorge, (regretfully due to my residence in Texas,) I was blown away, far beyond the pictures and fanviews I've seen and read before walking into this place. "Holy fucking shit," is about the only phrase I could think of all evening long.

I was at all three San Francisco shows, the Portland benefit, and this first night at The Gorge, and I must say, wow. Perhaps my reviewing capability would be more advanced tomorrow. Oh, no, I'll be at the next Gorge show tomorrow. Wow.

Pics of today:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lesheifner/072206WestCoastDay9
    sweet pics, that just sucks that ticketbastard screwed everyone
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte