Options

********Gorge Fanviews Nite One 7/22 Here********

Comments

• Options
    Waiting for the bootleg to become available will seem like an eternity!! Awesone show - I don't know if I can add anything else to the stellar fanviews already posted here. It was cool to meet, chat, and rock out with fellow Jammers from around the country. It really made the show special. We nearly soiled ourselves when they launched into Dirty Frank.

One thing that stood out in particular was the energy that the band had last night. They were clearly totally enjoying themselves last night. The crowd energy was insane down on the floor and the band was feeding off of us the entire night. During Alive, Jeff was hopping around just like the old days - for a while, it seemed like 1992 again. I got chills during the many times that Stone, Jeff, and Mike would meet in the middle in front of Matt (and behing Ed) and just totally jam together. Tons of smiles from the band last night.
    The intense heat didn't stifle their energy at all. If anything, it added to it.

And Ed? Man, he seemed to be having a total blast last night. During Alive, he climbed out on a railing on stage left to hang out with the fans in that section. Seeing him appear 15 feet from me, on top of the soundboard roof, was another highlight.

It was tough to drive home to Seattle knowing that they were going to do it all over again tonight. At one point, Ed joked about playing a long set at the expense of Sunday's crowd. He said, "Fuck the tomorrow-people". Well, the tomorrow-people are now the today-people, and are in for a real treat! Enjoy!

-Peace

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • Options
    Alone.Alone. Posts: 54
    last nights show = Phenomenal.

the 1st Encore...amazing. all the early stuff. it was like everyone at the gorge went back in time 13 years into 93'. Leash was amazing. I sang along to every song they played.

and as to Dirty Frank...well...you get the idea.

If they had played Alone and Brother i think i would have fainted, it would have been THE PERFECT show for me.

but it was an amazing night. and im pissed i dont get to go tonight. oh well, its going to be REALLY hard to beat out last night
  • Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    pjamdude69 wrote:
    Awesome fuckin pics bro!! I'll be leaving in about an hour for Ellensburg/The Gorge, and looking forward to those same views myself later on today.. And a setlist that'll be just as awesome, if not more..

Thanks!
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    [quote=" I sang along to every song they played.
    [/quote"]

Everyone around me (myself included) sang along to EVERY song. Never seen that before. Fucking incredible.

• Options
    tbigwhooptbigwhoop Posts: 33
    Back in Canada after a long and expected worthwhile experience.

Met the owner of Easy Street Records in a nearby town hotel parking lot as he was staying at our hotel. Easy to pick out that van. Really cool stories he had before driving to the show early and if you guys get a chance, get the Live @ Easy Street cd. Great cd for your collection.

Arrived on the grounds at about 5:30 or so and friends of ours had GA tickets and I walked to the 10C line and expected to be back to have another drink with them before entering. I saw the line and immediately went back to the car, told friends to go in and my girlfriend and I went to the 10C line. You've heard the stories already as the 10C line was deep. Our wait was well over an hour in the 'woes me' sweltering sun...and we arrived mid way through Wash opening and wondered about the lineup behind us which was huge. Funny how getting in the show erases all that stuff.

My opinion is that 10C did a great job, but the flow of the entry and lineups were not handled by Security at all. Ticket mixup or whatever excuse they said, there was no Security presence at all until we were near the front of the line. There was tons of cutting in line before that and it was chaos. The only reason there weren't altercations in my mind is that PJ fans are generally a good crowd. Enough on the negative though.

Low 200's = Row 25 centre. Wow. I'll take that anyday.

Even Flow had great Mike and Matt solos. Matt was on a tear. I don't know how his arms survive a tour like this.

After a good version of Down, Ed mentioned that Mike's friend who had been through quite a bit (Chris Adams) had come up with the setlist.

The sunset was unreal, and as "the shades go down....the sun goes down (Ed turning around to see the sun set behind the mountains) was perfect. The "It's OK" tag threw in some references about the record heat and Mid East war tensions and it was a timely tag to Daughter.

One of my highlights of the night was "Gone". I think that song is awesome. Especially when leaving a city to go to the Gorge or somewhere like that. It's a classic in my mind and signature Pearl Jam.

The 1st Encore alone is something I could see myself listening to over and over again on it's own. Just perfect.

The band was at it's peak during the last stretch. The jam sessions were fucking unreal. Jeff was skipping and jumping during Baba while facing Mike. Ed was jumping over speakers. Stone was bobbing his head beside Matt on the drumkit and Matt was responding with some funky drumming in return.

Mike tearing into Little Wing was absolutely amazing. So lucky to see such a guitar wizard in person as many times as I have. Find the youtube clip and get the bootleg, what a great tribute to a Seattle legend by another Seattle legend.

This was my first show in the USA (seen them out east in canada a few times, moved out west recently) and it will be hard to top. The crowd around me was so cool and lots of great stories from Seattle fans who have seen the band since the beginning.

Wish I was there right now for show #2 - i don't have many regrets in life. But couldn't wing it.

Keep on rocking in the free world!

tony

EDIT: how could i forget "Dirty Frank"? Amongst many other things, Ed went over to Mike while the song was ending, got down on his knees and rolled up Mike's pants and started to eat Mike's leg.

So many little details I'll remember later, they are just starting to come back to me. I got inside jobbed
  • Options
    jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    tbigwhoop wrote:
    Wish I was there right now for show #2 - i don't have many regrets in life. But couldn't wing it.

Wow, my sentiments exactly! A full weekend of PJ would have been a dream come true.

I will, however, hold on to my "Portland/Gorge1 shows in 3 days" experience dearly. :)
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • Options
    best fucking setlist ever. man, and i really liked the SF night 3 show. but this setlist has all of the songs i wanted them to play AND!! ANDD!!! DIRTY FRANK HOLY SHIT.

i'm so jealous right now.

lucky bastards
    Uheard songs Wishlist:
    1. Black
    2. Breath
    3. Low Light
    4. Thin Air
    5. Oceans
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    daryl jam wrote:
    Just got home (to hotel) from the gorge...perfect weather...not too hot...great setlist IMO.....great venue...great band....but i think all you lazy fuckers should be ashamed of yourselves for the mess that was left behind...my GF and I waded through a sea of garbage on our way out to the parking lot...(with our garbage in my backpack).....show the venue, yourselves, each other and the band some respect and pick up after yourselves...think about the wages for the poor cleanup staff the next time you bitch about a $6 slice of pizza.....

I know this thread is about the Gorge show, but I agree 100% with this thread. Not just at the shows, but Ive noticed the liter around my neighborhood. What goes through someone's mind when they take a piece of their own trash and throw it out the window of their car, or toss it on the ground? There are some things we cannot control in this world, but picking up after ourselves should be simple.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    In My DreamsIn My Dreams Posts: 299
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Here's what ticked me off. They weren't letting anyone bring outside food into the venue. I looked into the grabage can as they forced me to dump my clear bag of apples and oranges into a grabage can at the gate. There were enough sandwiches, fruit, veggies, bagged picnic dinners in the garbage can to feed a starving African village for a day. It made me sick, especially at a PJ show. So much waste and excess. Although The Gorge web site says you can bring food in as long as it's in a clear bag, the security staff said "the band" had asked that no outside food be brought in. What? I can't see this band doing that. Perhaps the Vitology charity money from this show should go to the local food bank.

That is very bad. I wonder if the band knows they didn't want you to bring your own food :rolleyes: Sounds like that venue needs to get their shit together.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    emignacioemignacio Posts: 12
    the only way to describe this night was that it was like being taken on a sort of retrospective journey through the past, amazing 15+ years w/ this inspiring band -- and just when I thought "nah, it can't get any better than this" (especially having experienced "Wash" for the first time live), they pulled out incredibly energetic performances of almost every single one of my absolutely favorite songs and/or "songs-I'd-dreamt-of-seeing-live" including that "shitty" song ---

DIRTY FRANK??!!!!!!!!!! OMG

*Everything* was a surprise -- from changes in various lyrics which reflect current crises or which change the tenor of the song to songs I just hadn't thought I'd *ever* hear live - like dirty freaking frank! (I still can't get over that lol ) to seeing Mike pay the double guitar for "Inside Job" (it's, obviously, the first time I'd seen this song played live). Even the end of the show was a surprise! After the tambourines came out during "Baba", I thought, "aww, Ledbetter's next" - but we got RITFW, Ledbetter, freaking "Little Wing", and the US National Anthem -- holy bejesus.

A key line which perfectly describes my experience that evening was uttered when the band talked about playing the Gorge the next day, again, in scorching heat. They'd sort of shook their heads, then stopped, and said "but this is the present moment" and launched into another hour or so of amazingness. That whole moment solidified enjoying - and helping each other other out - that very moment and not rushing towards tomorrow :)

The tag to "Daughter" was especially moving for me because (as others have pointed out) it contained key lines about present calamaties in the world ...but moreso because it sounded like Eddie Vedder *really* needed to hear us all sing the tag ("It's Ok") I guess the reason this really hit me is because most of the time I think of Pearl Jam's lyrics helping me and all of us get through; I'd never thought that, somehow, we could be of some help to them as well :o)

Anyway, this is a ramble, so I'll stop now.

take good care & thanks once again to the Ten Club, and of course, Pearl Jam
    :::a bow:::
    Em
    make yourself a pact, not to shut doors on the past
    just for today,... I am free

I will not lose my faith
    It's an inside job today
  • Options
    mdseattlemdseattle Posts: 1
    Am I the only one that saw Mary K & Villi last night at the gorge?
  • Options
    In My DreamsIn My Dreams Posts: 299
    mdseattle wrote:
    Am I the only one that saw Mary K & Villi last night at the gorge?

Who is Villi?
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    StridarStridar Posts: 1
    Well to start with it was a GREAT show, Eddie and the guys really took it to the next level. on the downside Security I thought was WAYYY out of line!!!here we are in 110 degree and up temps and they wouldnt let you bring in blankets to sit on or low lawn chairs or soft coolers.....most importantly WATER....for christ sake!..then they tell everyone that it's by order of the band...I hope thats not the case...their reason....people can throw the bottles...yet they are selling hard plastic glasses of margirita's for 10 bucks that would make a wonderful missile.I'm thinkin it was the gorge trying to gouge us for more money ie: $4.75 for a glass of ice water...and the no blankets ruling ...people make bon fires with them....come on people it's 116 freakin degree's out, nobodies gonna want to build a fire and if someone wants to throw something bad enough it's an outdoor venue they'll find something.We spent over $500.00 on tickets, water and food...none of which we were able to take,of coure we didnt find out till we were already there...I realize sometimes a few assholes can ruin it for everyone else but people for the most part came to enjoy a fantastic show....so in short if it was by the bands orders...guys we arent all assholes so why make our concert experience an uncomfortable one and if it wasnt by your orders you might want to have a talk with the gorge because they're giving you a bum rap. anyway Eddie, Thanks for the chance at a front row seat for "Last Kiss"..thought that was pretty cool, never seen it done before, well my venting is done...Can't wait till the next time......Peace...
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    jtorres wrote:
    I've posted my pics at:

http://90068.net/jtorres

Have a look.

I've got full video clips of "Dirty Frank" and "Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing/National Anthem" that I hope to post witin the next few days. I'll keep you posted.

Jose

Wonderful pics, thanks. Can't wait to see those videos :D
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    tenvsvitatenvsvita Colorado Posts: 20
    soundcheck: All those Yesterdays (one and half times), Leatherman, Gods Dice

Pearl Jam Set List: Wash, Corduroy, Hail, Hail, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Even Flow, Down, I Am Mine, Unemployable, Daughter / (Its Ok), Gone, Black, Insignificance, Life Wasted, Blood

1st Encore: Footsteps, Once, Alive, State Of Love And Trust, Crown Of Thorns, Leash, Porch

2nd Encore: Last Kiss, Inside Job, Go, Baba O'Riley, Dirty Frank, Rockin’ In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter / (Little Wing) / (Star Spangled Banner)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Setlist came from: Rodger3478 thanks buddy you fucking rock!

I'm doing this thread for Mark aka edwho who has done these threads for some of the past shows. Now post away people. :)

What an incredible show! Hot hot hot - in more ways than one.

I had NO problem with tickets (picked them up around 2pm); enjoyed the winery next door for a few hours; walked right in to the concert around 6:15pm with no problems with security; got some great souvenirs and arrived at our seats about 10 minutes until 7p. Seats weren't as good as the last two shows I attended (7th row this time; but most likely it's because the front rows were filled with family and old friends of the band), but I won't complain.
    The view of the stage was fabulous - but even more incredible was turning around and seeing the HUGE sea of fans!

How many people does that place hold? It was soooo awesome to see all those PJ fans out there.

Keep rockin'!!!!!

And thank god for Dirty Frank! Been waiting to hear that live for years.
    4/92-Austin; 3/94-St. Louis (x2); 6/98-Chicago; 8/00-NOLA; 4/03-NOLA (Met Eddie!); 7/06-The Gorge; 8/07-Chicago; 9/09-Seattle; 10/09-Austin; 5/10-NOLA; 9/12-Pensacola; 10/13-Baltimore; 11/13-Portland; 11/13-Spokane; 10/14-Austin; 8/16 Chicago (x2); 4/17 NY (RnR Hall of Fame); 8/18 Seattle; 8/18 Missoula; 6/22, Imola, IT; 9/10/22 NY (Apollo); 9/11/22 NY; 9/22 Denver; 9/23 - Austin (x2)
    "Bee girl, be a girl."
  • Options
    If you're choosing btw 1 & 2, download Gorge 1 and you will not stop listening to this boot. SOLAT into Crown of Thorns was priceless. The intro to Dirty Frank was, well, who else intros a song of their own announcing it to be "shitty"? Daughter w/ It's Ok tagged blew away the crowd. And how often does Mike finish Ledbetter tagged with Little Wing and the Star Spangled Banner and absolutely shred it?

I'll be getting both boots since I went to both shows, but if you're only getting 1, get this one.
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."
    Vancouver '05, Denver I/II '06, Gorge I/II '06, MSG I/II '08, VH1 Rock Honors '08, Seattle I/II '09, Vancouver '11
    EV: Portland '11, Seattle Benaroya I/II '11
  • Options
    andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
    I've got an awesome video of Ed on the roof during the 'oh, oh oh oh oh' part with the crowd lights shinning on the GA section in the background. I ust have to upload it. I'll post a link soon.

What else can I say that hasn't been said yet? The security and the staff were balls. I missed about 5 songs waiting in the beer line manned by 4 people because one person was serving, one was counting the tip jar, and the two that were suppost to be pouring were holding beer cans on each other's face to cool off. But I had seen all of the songs live before, and I got back ust before the It's OK tag. So all is well!

The band was on, the venue was Gorgeous, but the staff were incompetent. Really, it seemed like it was the first concert that they ever put on and the only people who had any idea what was going on wee the parking attendent (who's job was to stand in a line and wave flags.)

Porch was a big highligh for me for some reason. Maybe the beer hit me at that point, but the jam was amaizing!!!!
    AND, I sat beside the same guy that I sat beside in St John's, NL in 05. CRAZY!!!
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    I don't even know where to start.

I love reading these reviews ... it takes me back to that very moment.
    Thanks to all of you who have such awesome memories ... you bring back memories ...... 'oh yeah .... they did that too'

As some of you know hubby and I moved from Hawaii to N.Cal.
    and we planned to moving time around the pearl jam concerts. It worked perfect with the Gorge1 falling on our 11 yr. anniversary.

Things couldn't have gone more perfect!
    Arrived at Seattle airport around 11:00 am and drove to Gorge ..... the most beautiful drive.

After stopping to eat and getting groceries and beer for the camping got to the venue around 2:30 pm
    Went straight to pick up our tickets ...... five people if front of me
    (im so sorry to those who had to stand in hella long lines)

Found our friend in the camp ground and had enough time to relax in the blazin ass sun and have a few drinks and food.

Made it to the venue in enough time to go check out the ccfa booth.
    Which was a pretty good turn out.
    and it was way cool cuz I got to finally meet Sennin, Pixie and BeachDweller. And how good was it to see Vedhead27 again?

AND I won the great sweatshirt!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
    It's just so cool that you all are doing this and can't say enough about how wonderful you all are.

Ran into Sigheternally and the always cutie pie Jasmine. Love you guys!

The show!
    all I can say is f'n amazing show.
    Probably the best ever!

The opening Wash ..... I knew we were in for an amazing show.

Ed comes walking out with 2 wine bottles and just holds them up and smiles at everyone like 'yeah!'

There was so much I can't even put it into words. It was one of those shows that was just euphoric.
    Hubby and I kept looking at each other and smiling.
    Sooooooo many little moments that were so awesome

Does anyone have a picture of whatever Mikey was doing when he was like holding one arm straight up and then doing this note on the guitar ......
    holding the pose.
    It looked to me like some kind of yoga move.
    He's been working on his flexibility.

A magical moment was definitely during Daughter when the sun was going down.
    I don't remember if it was that song or another (the sunset lasted like 45 min)
    but watching Boom on the organ .... he was totally checking out the sunset, smoking a ciggy, and just staring off into it forever.
    But we were wonderin if he was o.k.
    cuz he would play a couple of songs and then leave.

It totally seemed like they were enjoying themselves sooooo much.

Thanks to all the great fans that I was surrounded by also.
    Everyone around me totally taking care of one another.
    The guy behind me apologizing ahead of time if he bumped us with the chair in our calves cuz he was so excited and jumping all around.
    The guys next to us (forgot your names but you were taking unreal pics.... the guys that were camping along the fence that I was jealous of cuz I was surrounded by the Ozzy Osbourne fans)
    You guys were the coolest to sit by, and can't wait to see your pics.
    I love it when you are surrounded by people who have as much appreciation for the band the same as you.

The heat of the day just kind of added to all the craziness. I don't know if I could have done another day hanging out at that campground.

All of you who stayed at Wild Horse Im sure you got more sleep than I did.
    And I should have listened to you all.......... I think I got two hours of sleep cuz of all the idiots that were partying it up till like 5 am
    Anyways...... I don't want to be negative cuz the show was so amazing that it doesn't deserve ANY negatives.

Thanks Pearl Jam!!!!!!!!
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    13randon13randon Posts: 8
    guljor94 wrote:
    If you're choosing btw 1 & 2, download Gorge 1 and you will not stop listening to this boot. SOLAT into Crown of Thorns was priceless. The intro to Dirty Frank was, well, who else intros a song of their own announcing it to be "shitty"? Daughter w/ It's Ok tagged blew away the crowd. And how often does Mike finish Ledbetter tagged with Little Wing and the Star Spangled Banner and absolutely shred it?

I'll be getting both boots since I went to both shows, but if you're only getting 1, get this one.

When will the boots be available!!!!!!????
    -13randon

07/22/1992 - 09/20/1992 - 12/07/1993 - 09/05/1993 - 09/16/1996 - 07/21/1998 - 11/05/2000 - 12/05/2002 - 12/08/2002 - 09/01/2005 - 07/22/2006 - 9/22/2009
  • Options
    13randon wrote:
    When will the boots be available!!!!!!????

I'm guessing not till tonight/tomorrow. The band was heading home after the show or this morning, and there's probably not a solid connection out at the Gorge for posting the files to the servers.

>>>> Update - it's up!
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."
    Vancouver '05, Denver I/II '06, Gorge I/II '06, MSG I/II '08, VH1 Rock Honors '08, Seattle I/II '09, Vancouver '11
    EV: Portland '11, Seattle Benaroya I/II '11
  • Options
    mattkow83mattkow83 Posts: 27
    So did anyone else catch this? I can't remember exactly when other than it was either before or after DF when Ed looked thru the crowd in the front and picked out one person and said "You'd taste great with fava beans and a nice Chianti." Then he took a big swig of wine.

I laughed my ass off when I heard that. I haven't downloaded the boot yet, so I don't know if the mic caught it or not.

Other questions/comments-

How many tambourines did Ed go thru? The roadies kept throwing new ones to him and he kept breaking them and tossing them to friends. I think I counted close to 16.

Also, my friends and I have a bet at how many total people were in attendance. I guessed about 20,000. My friends think it was closer to 40,000. Does anyone know?

Ten Club # 201xxx, 21st row in front of Mike on the left.
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    mattkow83 wrote:
    Also, my friends and I have a bet at how many total people were in attendance. I guessed about 20,000. My friends think it was closer to 40,000. Does anyone know?

Ten Club # 201xxx, 21st row in front of Mike on the left.

You'd be right since the gorge only holds 20,000
  • Options
    Uncharacteristically got there early, even convincing my friends (who had backstage passes no less) that we should get there at 4 even though it was going to be hot. The ten club line was maybe half an hour - felt so sorry for them because it was so obviously going to be a train wreck.

Favorite moment - Ed saying something like "I know it's been a long day, a hot day, but... but... but..." as he sinks lower and lower towards the stage, and then the explosion of Blood. I hope the boot matches my memory... (ETA no, it was Go).

The show felt very similar to last year in many ways, especially Crown of Thorns and Baba (my son turns to me while waiting for the second encore and says "wouldn't it be cool if they played Baba and *then* YL, they played them the other way around last year.")

It was fun to hear Dirty Frank, although I try hard not to listen to the lyrics. Yuck.

Tried to get drinks at the encore break - and they were closing the food stand - at 9pm. Just another bitch to throw onto the gorge staff, WTF was that about? The poor sobs who had to guard the lines and not let anyone else in, and who had no clue as to why. A nice lady gave me a cup so I could get water, at least.

Walking back, I jumped onto the seats of my row (A-32) since everyone was standing up and it was the only way back. It was dark, I took a step and immediately realized that I had just crunched someone's poster they had left on the seat behind them. I am truly sorry but didn't know what to do so kept walking. If I ruined your poster PM me and I'll pay you back.

On the drive home my son told me he wants to compile all that Eddie has said in concert, the "Gospel of Vedder". The "It's OK" tag was certainly moving, although it doesn't have the shear simplicity of last year's "Helloooo Tommm".

I have yet to see a bad PJ concert, but this one was incredibly memorable. I'm taking my family to meet a friend and his family in Dublin - can't wait for that.
  • Options
    jtorresjtorres Posts: 15
    I've posted full video clips of "Dirty Frank" and "Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing/Star Spangled Banner".

http://90068.net/movies

File sizes are larger than 20 MB, so be patient. Be kind to my server.

Enjoy!

Jose
  • Options
    janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
    tbigwhoop wrote:
    how could i forget "Dirty Frank"? Amongst many other things, Ed went over to Mike while the song was ending, got down on his knees and rolled up Mike's pants and started to eat Mike's leg.

I NEED to see this desperately! :D
  • Options
    freeonefreeone Posts: 24
    beginning line sucked (10Club tickets), luckily my magical powers allowed myself and buddy to get tickets quicker than the 1.5 hour minimum, we walked into Wash, down in front, row 3. Id say this show was maybe 3rd best Ive seen out of 20 behind SD06 & definately #1 ever Gorge 05. I dont know if many know this but the Gorge itself has a VIP season ticket pass program. There were quite a few non-10Club people down front. Guess I shouldnt bitch, but if all other shows are only 10Club up front, shouldnt all of them be this way?
  • Options
    freeonefreeone Posts: 24
    [
    Right after the start of Yellow Ledbetter Matt (with Stone playing just to his left) started to mimic Stones drumming for the same song two nights previous in Portland, after Stone recognized what Matt was doing they just looked at each other and they both just started to bust up.

PJ stage time 2:50.

Aye Thank You PJ, edwho[/quote]

I noticed Matt & Stone laughing too, didnt know what it was about, very funny though.
  • Options
    Russty CatRussty Cat Posts: 15
    I have to say out of all the shows I've seen this is definetly in my top 5!!! The guys were on fire!!! It was worth waiting in the heat all day. I had my friend with me who was a first timer. She was crying during the middle of the show. It was so awesome to see. She is totally hooked now and is going to join the tenclub for future shows.

Everyone has said alot already so I won't repeat it. But I do have to say the highlight of the show for me was hearing Inside Job live. I have mad love for this song and it was even better live. Ed really does do justice to Mikes amazing words. It was so beautiful and such a perfect song for the Gorge. Everyone in the band seemed so happy and really enjoying themselves, which made it all the better.
  • Options
    I just wanted to add one more recollection from the show. I was amazed that even though the outside temperature was nearly 110, I still got chills now and then from the sheer awesomeness of it all.

• Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    just heard the booot.. man Its OK is such a good tag.. and after seeing how crazy the sky looked during that song from a picture makes me wish i was there. .. nonetheless the boot sounds awesome hope you guys all had fun!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!