Options

********Gorge Fanviews Nite One 7/22 Here********

Comments

• Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Milestone wrote:
    I got in the 10Club line at 6pm and didn't have my tickets in hand until 7:30. Then, as someone else said, the venue stopped letting us in, and had to wait again. Then walk the last 1/2 mile.

After all is said and done, I missed the first 6 songs (INCLUDING WASH, WHICH I'VE WANTED TO SEE FOR YEARS AND YEARS). I was crushed because of this....but thankfully I got Crown of Thorns and that was enough for me.

We were wondering where the hell everyone was...we got there 4 hours early to get our tix...went back to the campground and shit, but after we went back in we were sitting in an almost empty arena at 7 pm. at least they waited a half hour to start the show. sorry you missed the opening though it rocked...
  • Options
    mattkow83mattkow83 Posts: 27
    One of the other Jammers posted this video. I uploaded it to YouTube. It's the entire song for Dirty Frank.

See if you can hear him say "You'd taste good with Fava beans and a nice Chianti".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x80UzjKHUzM
  • Options
    Bwalker545Bwalker545 Posts: 162
    awsome vid!
    "Almost unconsciously he traced with his finger in the dust on the table: 2+2=5" 1984
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    i just got home from the airport and i can say that gorge 1 was more than incredible. r u kidding me? dirty frank? can i get a witness?

only thing better was night 2. may be. but that's another subject.

the gorge is the most awesome concert venue i have ever attended. no exceptions. anyone who was at this concert knows they experienced a special night. and i want to thank the 10c for my excellent seats.

PEARL JAM ROCKS!!!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    What a show! Amazing! I was so happy to hear Footsteps and DF. Leash was a nice surprise, as well.

The crowd seemed a lot more energized than last year's show at the Gorge. It was so fuckin hot, but the guys managed to put on one hell of a show! That's the first time I've ever seen Ed in shorts! =) Great show! Sunday was even better though!
    "If you guys wanna stick around we're willing to make this the longest Pearl Jam show that ever has been played" -EV, State College, PA, 5/3/03
    --
    5/3/03-State College
    7/12/03-Hershey
    10/1/04-Reading
    10/2/04-Toledo
    9/1/05- The Gorge
    7/22/06 & 7/23/06 THE GORGE!
    Tonight... WE ROCK THE GORGE!
  • Options
    mattkow83mattkow83 Posts: 27
    Apologies to the other Jammer who posted this MP4. I uploaded this guy to YouTube as well. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bafh4f3SVKs
  • Options
    tbigwhooptbigwhoop Posts: 33
    Watch Stone and Matt at the start - great times.

Thanks for posting this and thanks to the person who captured this memory.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    thanks all 4 posting the youtube links here cheer..
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    The Gorge Experience

well I'm tired, hot and in need of a good sleep I have just finished my US mini tour with the most amazing mind blowing concert series of pearl jam shows. I didn't know what to expect because the heat was getting to the fans so it would have been hard for the boys to play 3 hours both nights but they pulled it off plus a lot lot more.

Night 1 at the Gorge can be summed in 2 words 'simply amazing'... When they strolled onto stage about 7:30 and they ripped into Wash it was on but just the beginning!!! This show since has been hailed as the best 2006 US show and one of the best ever PJ gigs for good reason. The crowd was raging all over the place!! Everyone could feel this great energy that the band was letting out and to think it was the hottest day on record ever at George. Highlights from Night 1 included blistering versions of Leash, Blood, and Daughter included the It's Ok tag (ala Jones Beach 2000) and my god this was special. Ed was facing the Gorge singing 'It's gonna be ok' while the sun was setting. It was just a special moment and one I'm sure everyone who was there wil treasure forever. Pearl Jam were just warming up with the Mamson songs to kick off the encore followed by a beautiful version of Crown of Thorns. I always wanted to hear this live and my wish came true Saturday night. By this time the heat was getting to me and wasnt as animated as I had been but the heat didnt seem to affect PJ at all. A special moment occured when Ed and his security guys run ot the top of the soundboad roof and sang Last Kiss. The whoel crowd just got up and sang together it was so special that the person sitting next to me had a big smile on my face with tears in her eyes. It was that type of moment. I've hear life wasted a few times this tour so far and it just rocks from start to finish and doesnt let up. Its the best new song live full stop but the new songs are all good live. The only new song we didnt get over the 2 nights was Parachutes (which I hope we get in Adelaide). As if we couldnt take anymore Ed introduced Dirty Frank and out of nowhere it was played and it was no Satan's Bed 2003! Ed's vocals were perfect and the song is os damn funky. This was right out of left field and rivals the Boston show where Leash was dropped.. Yellow Ledbetter ended with Mike doing Little Wing but than Matt, Jeff and Stone joined in it was sensational. It's the perfect cover for Pearl Jam (get back to LW in Night 2). Walking back to the camp site I was physically screwed but I was happy knowing I's just witnessed one of the best ever PJ shows at the fucking Gorge or anywhere.... Pearl Jam werent done yet.

Day 2 of my Pearl Jam odessey began with me waking up in my own puddle of sweat it was that hot it was impossible ot enjoy the camping side of things so me and some RM members decided to cool off in the Columbia river that runs hrough thr Gorge. It was the best feling swimming in that river I have ever had so refreshing. We got their early again I managed to bet a poster for Night 1 but I knew they were low on stocks.. In 5 maybe 10 mins the whole venue was out of night 2 posters and I missed out like 99% of the 10c community (if u want a poster get there early or u miss out).

Tonight we expected a totally different set and we got it with only 6 songs repeated (WWS, SH, YL, EF, GTF, CORD). I always wanted to hear Gods' Dice and In hiding live so that was a treat early on. When Stone ripped into In Hiding that made my night till that point. Its a great song and should be played more. During Mike's solo in EF we has on the ground spinning around frinding the guitar into the ground first than the amp it was amazing. We got Garden, Rats, Whipping and than Why Go to end the first set that was just rocking. Tonight they hardly played a ballad at all (Betterman, won't back down). The first encore Big Wave, Life Wasted, Satan's Bed and Spin was fucking out of this world and by than I was so tired my arms couldnt move anymore. Once again we got Ed singing on the roof with GTF the whole crowd went nuts more than last night we were all standing on our seats with our "arms wide open". While Ed was running back down the aisle Mike and the band started Little Wing once again but this time when Ed got back we sang the full 2 verses very well I might add. It's a perfect choice as I said earlier. Fucking up was as usual just sooo good with Mike and Stone taking turns with the solo's it wa just great. Crazy Mary capped off the weekend with Boom and Mike first trading solo's than soloing at the same time it was insane. Best live version I have seen. During this Ed finished his 3rd maybe 4th bottle of wine lol. Star Spangled Banner has been tagged by Mike at all the shows I have seen so far but this was by far the most Hendrix of them all.. He was crushing those strings that made one giant wall of noise. My mate was wipped out and I was ready to collapse after tonight as we had heard nearly 6 hours of PJ in 2 days. Well that ends my Amerian PJ summer. It was the best experience I ever had and one day hope to do this again but right now have 2 wait till November.... Thanks to everyone who made my trip great and thanks to the people who made my time in the states a big wave of emotions. I highly recommend The Gorge boots! download them...

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Holy shit I had a good time !! Everything was great from start to finish. What a weekend! I got my ten club tix early with no problems at all. Great seats too considering my # is 237xxx (dead center, row 27) Set list was killer (imo). First gig of the tour for me and I loved every second of it.

Another great PJ experience!

My friend rick and our new friend Ann from Wisconsin , Hiya ann !

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000754ur6.jpg

This was the view from the "Honey Bucket" beside the stage, best outhouse veiw ever !

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000761bk9.jpg

the show

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000768pz2.jpg
    http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000770um6.jpg
    http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000777pb2.jpg
    http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000771me5.jpg
    http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000780nm0.jpg

Night two, givin to fly , on the roof

http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000808od9.jpg
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    whoever originally posted that Dirty Frank video.

I had forgotten about that little dance Ed does at the end .... some kind of yoga'ish flowing move or something.
    That flava bean thing cracks me up............. when I was at the show I looked at hubby and went "did he just say something about flava beans?"

too funny!
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    surfitkj wrote:
    OK FIRST OF ALL AWESOME SHOWS> BOTH NIGHTS. Now to the guy who posted that the Gyros stand had awesome Gyros let me just say NOT!!!!! That was the worst supposed Gyros I have ever attempted to eat. ( I did not finish it it was so disgusting) Second I just want you to know that I had Diarrhea from about 1 am to 3 am and had to do it in a sand pile in a field where I was camping! NASTY NASTY!!!!!!!!!! They put somw sort of ceasar dressing that was suppsed to be cucumber sauce and then I don't think the meat was meat if you know what I mean. Anyway it came out faster than it went in! So next I would like to warn everyone next time about the Gyros. B A D B A D S H I T ! ! ! ! !

I've got 5 letters for you: TM F'n I

:x
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."
    Vancouver '05, Denver I/II '06, Gorge I/II '06, MSG I/II '08, VH1 Rock Honors '08, Seattle I/II '09, Vancouver '11
    EV: Portland '11, Seattle Benaroya I/II '11
  • Options
    jtorresjtorres Posts: 15
    mattkow83 wrote:
    Apologies to the other Jammer who posted this MP4. I uploaded this guy to YouTube as well. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bafh4f3SVKs

No apologies necessary!

I didn't initially upload to Youtube because I thought my file sizes were too large! Anyway, I'm sure those who downloaded and are currently downloading from my server won't mind adding the clips to their own collections.

Here's the link again for those who missed it:

http://90068.net/movies

and pics here:

http://90068.net/jtorres

Enjoy!

Jose

EDIT: Judging by the current speed of my internet connection at home, you're probably better off waiting a few days or weeks to get the downloads. I have no immediate plans of removing them, so take your time if the connection speed is slow. :-)
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    I don't know if a show gets any better than this one! It was so unreal. My first time to the Gorge. Drove 15 hours to get there and am so happy I did. I nearly shit myself once I got into the venue and saw where the stage was. I'm still shitting! The Gorge is the most unreal place I could ever imagine a concert being played at. The setlist was unreal, the heat was unreal, the crowd kicked ass. However, the guys sitting next to me were a bit quiet and about 1/2 way into it, they up and left giving my friend and I more room, then the new people we were next to, they up and left too!!! If you want more room at a PJ show, just dance and have fun, the ones just sitting there will leave!! Eddie rocked, the band was so tight. This is a show I will never forget. Partly because I am still dehydrated from it. I've never known I could drink 48 bottles of water in a few days! This is a show I will never forget! An experience I will never forget. I met some really incredible people over the past 4 days. And got to see PJ last 2 shows of the US tour. Does it get any better??
  • Options
    SnowRiderSnowRider Posts: 55
    NOPE!
    Fucking unbelievable. Over 2 days, 200 degrees, 6 hours, 60 songs, 40,000 people rockin out to an UNforgetable experience, THank YOU Pearl Jam, Thank you TEN Club, Thank you Gorge, Thank you wildhorse, and a special thanks to the almighty sun.
    Calgary 04/09/05, Las Vegas 06/07/06, The Gorge 22/07/06 23/07/06
  • Options
    denverfan wrote:
    Umm..there will be 0 fanviews tonight as all those in attendance are partying at the campgrounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU LUCKY BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice non-hunter reference in the sig....must be a Jim Rome fan.
    Gorge
  • Options
    First off.....went to both nights, but to me it was one big, long, fantastic show, so this will only be one review.

I'm sure this will be unanimous, but it was HOT out there. Very Hot. The things people will do........

So, I want to thank the couple that sat next to us on Night One (section B, row 24, seats 33 and 34 maybe). Can't remember your names guys, but you were there for your anniversary and now live in Northern California. You guys were awesome, and great to talk to! Too bad you guys had a bad spot at the campground.

My second thank you is to the 10c member I got my transferred tickets from....Andy. You rule! Those were the best seats I've ever had to any show. Not sure I know how to repay you (I'll figure it out). But again, thanks.

Now to the shows.......Wash was a perfect unexpected opener to it all. Ed was the man rockin' the old school Billabong tank top and the slip ons. Rockstar. The sun setting all night was unreal. Seemed like it would never go down. Then we got some Hail Hail (hmm...I wonder if that had anything to do with the heat..haha). I have to say, my favorite part of either show was Daughter w/ the 'Its Ok' tag. Could NOT get it out of my head.

I feel lucky to have heard Footsteps twice this tour. This was a perfect way to open up the first encore Night One. Then into Once, are you kidding me. We almost got the entire Ten album over both nights.

Then we had the 2 songs Ed did on top of the soundboard hut. Last Kiss and Given to Fly. I was literally 15 feet from him the second night. Pretty cool I must say, and what a perfect song for him to do up there.

Another highlight was the back and forth between Mike and Boom during Crazy Mary. Those guys were jamming! And of course the 'new' drum solos by Matt during Even Flow......a great addition to an already perfect song.

These shows were really something special and everything and more than what I expected. I'll post some pictures when I get home and go through them all. Got some really nice ones.

Lastly, gotta throw out a thank you to the band as they're the reason this can all happen for us.
  • Options
    This show was fuckin sick. Now that I'm finally rested from a weekend of PJ, I can post.

Dirty Frank and Footsteps!!?!?!??! Fuckin BLOOD LEASH!!! Holy shit. Talk about a walking orgasm!

Section C, row 26 (I think, I'd have to check), nice view of everything.

The only complaint was the line for 10C tickets. We got there about 5PM and didn't realize the line was so long. 4 people in total running a ticket booth with that many tickets it insane!

I loved both shows, but I don't think I would do the Gorge ever again. It was way to hot and the walk from the campground was to long in that kind of heat. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but never again. Whizbang, StickBoy and I did meet some kick ass guys from Missoula that were camping next to us, so that made it a bit better!

Ender: Nice to meet ya man and I'm glad that your friends had a great time with my extra tickets!!!
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    DarthmacDarthmac Posts: 2
    First let me start off by saying the folks manning the 10 Club ticket booth were working their asses off and I really appreciate their hard work. I thought the show was fantastic (what I saw of it), but my entire experience was shadowed by the train wreck at the 10 club ticket line.

We parked at the Gorge around 6:30 and ran to get our tickets. Once I realized that the humungous line was for the 10c I knew we were in big trouble. We got in line near the general store and it was not really moving at all - possibly due to the number of people cutting in line. By 7:30 we had about halfed the distance to the ticket booth and we could hear the band starting. That was VERY disheartning. As each song passed, people in the line were growing increasingly agitated. At one point the young guys in line behind us started yelling at the line infront of us. There was quite a bit of hostility in the air.

Once we finally got our tickets we ran the entire way to our seats which were great (11th row, on the left). The band was just finishing EvenFlow when we were finally in our seats! We missed 7 songs in their entirety and most of Evenflow. All the distress I felt in line was quickly drained during the show after hearing Down & Crown of Thorns!

But looking back at the show I know how amazing it was but I can't fight off the mixed feelings of disappointment from how much of the show I missed due to the ticket distribution.

Seattle, WA 9/16/1996
    Seattle, WA 7/21/1998
    Seattle, WA 7/22/1998
    Seattle, WA 12/8/2002
    Gorge, WA 7/22/2006
  • Options
    Vital73Vital73 Posts: 34
    Darthmac wrote:
    First let me start off by saying the folks manning the 10 Club ticket booth were working their asses off and I really appreciate their hard work. I thought the show was fantastic (what I saw of it), but my entire experience was shadowed by the train wreck at the 10 club ticket line.

We parked at the Gorge around 6:30 and ran to get our tickets. Once I realized that the humungous line was for the 10c I knew we were in big trouble. We got in line near the general store and it was not really moving at all - possibly due to the number of people cutting in line. By 7:30 we had about halfed the distance to the ticket booth and we could hear the band starting. That was VERY disheartning. As each song passed, people in the line were growing increasingly agitated. At one point the young guys in line behind us started yelling at the line infront of us. There was quite a bit of hostility in the air.

Once we finally got our tickets we ran the entire way to our seats which were great (11th row, on the left). The band was just finishing EvenFlow when we were finally in our seats! We missed 7 songs in their entirety and most of Evenflow. All the distress I felt in line was quickly drained during the show after hearing Down & Crown of Thorns!

But looking back at the show I know how amazing it was but I can't fight off the mixed feelings of disappointment from how much of the show I missed due to the ticket distribution.

Yeah I have to say I felt the same way. I have never been so completely and totally wrecked before entering a show. That 10c line was just insane! I was way to hot and spent to even do anything. It was all I could do to stand in line without passing out. I literally contemplted calling 911 and telling them I was going to die if they didn't get me some help out in this line! I don't even remember getting my tix. I was in line about to pass out and next thing I know I'm getting in my seat. I completely thought I had missed 1/2 of the show.

But then..... holy shit did I find my 2nd wind. It took until the sun was almost down and it hit me, total energy and euphoria. I forgot about our trip across the face of the sun to get to our seats and was in complete amazement. This show will forever be my favorite. I felt like we were put through that hell so that we could really appreciate what we were witnessing.

Thank you to 10c and the band. My apologies to anyone who sat around me at the beginning. I was the picture of what I hate to see in 10c seats, I was sitting! But only off and on until the sun went down, then it was on.

Truly the most memorable music experience of my life!

And Evan, your brownies are the absolute shit brother!!!!
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
    Oh, I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
    I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
    Hey, I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind
  • Options
    Almost anything I could say has been said, but I'll bust out a little commentary...

This show was hands down the best concert I have ever been to, easily the best of the 7 PJ shows I've seen. No question about it. (close to the best seats i've had for PJ = 17th row, section B, Mike's side!)

Almost a dream setlist, the amazing backdrop of the gorge in the background, and the obvious energy from the band (happy to be playing for friends/family in the northwest) made this show insanely good. We got rocked from start to finish. Almost every three songs I was sh*tting my pants about another song I was excited to hear live -- wash, down, 'it's okay' tag, footsteps, blood, SOLAT, crown, leash, Dirty Frank, and Baba/RITFW/YL all in the same set!?!

Yes, it was hot, but that almost added to the experience for me. I was drained by the end of the show, it was as long a show as I could have handled. I like to feel like I had my a** kicked after a show, and this show delievered, completely. I couldn't even party after this show. My whole group just sat around drinking water, completely drained.

After the show a couple of weeks ago in Denver, I decided that I'm a huge McCready fan. I got to be in front of him again for this show, and it's worth the price of admission. There are several points during the show where he totally steals all attention from Ed, which can't be easy to do!

Big thanks to Corduroyboy for helping me out with my ticket issues, and for being a blast to rock out with during the shows! Too bad so many of the people around us didn't enjoy the 'rocking' quite as much as we did! Made plenty of space for us, though, right? Hopefully we'll get to catch a show another time down the road...
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 604
    Wow,
    I guess it has all been said already. Amazing shows! Yes, night one tops all others I have been to even with the heat and 10C fiasco. Did PJ not know the problem? Why not wait another half hour to start and end later, at least it would have cooled down a bit. Oh well, I only missed Wash so not that big of a deal!
    One warning for next year(we hope!) don't party til the wee hours if it is hot at the Gorge. The 7:30am /heat/wake up call is a killer!
    Thanks to everyone there for making this a weekend to never forget.
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    Darthmac wrote:

My experience was exactly what your's was. We got in after "Hail Hail" and by then I was really upset having missed the first 3 songs. It wouldn't have been so bad but they had to open with "Wash", a song I've yet to hear live in 22 shows. As for the rest of the show it was very solid. "Dirty Frank" was a surprise but there's a reason why Ed mentioned it as being maybe their worst song. For me the highlights of the night were "Inside Job" "Footsteps" "Gone" and "Once". Fun show but missing the start kind of spoiled my overall experience. I'll probably have a more unbiased view of this show when I listen to the boot.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    Awesome show! Great set list and such beautiful spot...man, no breeze earlier in the day and SO HOTTTTTTTTTT!
    My only complaint was lots of drunk frat boys and the Gorge didn't have a very effective system of getting people in and out of the venue...I saw some folks SOOOOOO wasted I didn't think they were gonna make it but other than that it was a great show!
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    wow. words cannot describe. simply amazing........

awesome seats....row 22 center
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    here's what I got.....

IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg

thanks Pearl Jam, 10c, and Pearl Jam fans....
  • Options
    bump....
  • Options
    kalikatkalikat Posts: 68
    here's what I got.....

quote]

omg

those pictures are surreal, thank you for posting them
    **There is a sickness, a sickness coming over me - like watching freedom, being sucked straight out to sea**
  • Options
    thanks...gotta share the love ya know.
  • Options
    SnowRider wrote:
    NOPE!
    Fucking unbelievable. Over 2 days, 200 degrees, 6 hours, 60 songs, 40,000 people rockin out to an UNforgetable experience, THank YOU Pearl Jam, Thank you TEN Club, Thank you Gorge, Thank you wildhorse, and a special thanks to the almighty sun.

thanks to that crazy walking party group that has chanting and singing around... we actually left as they were starting up they were fucking mad!! And why were their girls singing and dancing to Madonna after the show on Sunday night!?!?!?!?