Options

********Gorge Fanviews Nite One 7/22 Here********

Comments

• Options
    Hey this is my first post. I just want to say that I was one of the "Locals" that Eddie dedicated "Small Town" to.

I grew up in Quincy, which is the biggest town to the Gorge, about 10 miles away. It's kind of a shit town, but we're getting Microsoft and Yahoo! data centers here and of course we have to Gorge in our back yard so it's not that bad.

In fact, I used to live in a farmhouse about three miles away from the Gorge.

I'm 35, the Gorge was being built in the mid 1980s. If you would have told me that one day I would see my favorite band play three miles from my home I would have told you you were nuts.

Seeing it happen not once but twice now is like Christmas, Easter and The Fourth of July all rolled into one.

I was at the Gorge last year and Missoula, MT in 1998 (Matt's first gig with the band BTW). Both of those shows were awesome and unforgetable, but this year's was just so special! Especially with the dedication of "Small Town."

And It's OK, which brought me to tears.

Pearl Jam has been like the soundtrack to my life.

I'm listening to the bootleg as we speak and I'm so happy.

Peace to all of you and yours.
  • Options
    mattkow83 wrote:
    So did anyone else catch this? I can't remember exactly when other than it was either before or after DF when Ed looked thru the crowd in the front and picked out one person and said "You'd taste great with fava beans and a nice Chianti." Then he took a big swig of wine.

I laughed my ass off when I heard that. I haven't downloaded the boot yet, so I don't know if the mic caught it or not.

Other questions/comments-

How many tambourines did Ed go thru? The roadies kept throwing new ones to him and he kept breaking them and tossing them to friends. I think I counted close to 16.

Also, my friends and I have a bet at how many total people were in attendance. I guessed about 20,000. My friends think it was closer to 40,000. Does anyone know?

Ten Club # 201xxx, 21st row in front of Mike on the left.

26,000 people, officially...
    only 17,000 night 2
    "Worship the music, not the musician"
    EV
    4/16/92 ; 7/22/92 ; 9/20/92 ; 12/7/93 ; 6/7/95 ; 9/14/96 ; 9/16/96 ; 9/1/98 ; 11/2/00 ; 10/22/01 ; 12/6/02 ; 12/8/02 ; 5/30/03 ; 7/6/03 ; 7/8/03 ; 7/9/03 ; 10/22/03 ; 11/24/03 ; 9/1/05 ; 9/2/05 ; 7/9/06 ; 7/10/06 ; 7/22/06 ; 7/23/06 ; 8/22/2009 ; 8/23/2009 ; 9/21/2009 ; 9/22/2009 ; 9/3/2011 ; 9/4/2011
  • Options
    hey Reaney Park!! I grew up in Wenatchee & used to go to the Gorge with my mom (I'm 31) back when it was the Chateau Ste Michele and still pretty much a natural amphitheater. I've seen at least 15 shows there over the years and felt a similar sentiment. Then getting to share this beautiful place with people from all over the world - and with Pearl Jam. It made me cry last year, but I managed to be a bit more stoic this year...

WallaWalla- I believe last year they had 22,000 because it oversold, so I think 20,000 is probably about right. I heard there were 4300 of us on the floor.

Anyway here are my pics from day one - when DH gets back from work I'll upload day 2

http://picasaweb.google.com/bosleydear
    Seattle 92
    Vancouver 03
    Gorge 05
    Vancouver 05
    Gorge x2 06
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    All I will say is this was my fav PJ gig EVER!!! The crowd, the vibe, atmosphere, ed popping up everywhere around the venure haha, Crown of thorns and my god dirty frank!!!

he hightlight on night 1 had 2 be Crown of Thorns, Dirty Frank (loved ed's intro to this hehe) and mikes little wing teaser followed by matt, jeff and stone joining in. (night 2 it was full band complete with vocals)

Just got back from George this morning and OMFG it was the hottest weather I have ever been in and I'm an Australian. This ruined the camping experience for me and the rest of our group because all u could do is make sure u were drinking water (not much beer) and u had some shade in the day time. I was so sapped of energy towards the end of both shows (this was a common thing) that i JUST STOOD there I couldnt do any jumping or screaming at all (except for Crown of Thorns and Dirty Frank haha). It was the best experience of my life not sure if I would od it again but the memories will last a life time.

I met other aussies so that was very cool they were loving the shows and thanks 2 everyone who made this show so great!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Cool, I really like Wenatchee. My serious girlfriend in high school was from E. Wenatchee. I spent a lot of time on Highway 28.

I've been to several concerts at the Gorge also, and frankly, I'm starting to feel a little old for most of them, but I don't think you can ever be too old for Pearl Jam.

I hope they're like the Stones and will still be touring when they're in their 60s.
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    Hey Reaney is over here. Good to see! It was a great time.

Smellyman
    aka Sellas
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    it was hot...

but it was awesome!
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    WOW that was a fucking great show.....for my first time at the GORGE it did live up to all the hype and plus so much more........still in awe... :))

and to the two guys i sat next to THANKS........hope you make it back to MONTANA....hopefully we will hook up at the next show they play in MISSOULA

oh by the way did i mention that the first nights show FUCKING ROCKED

THANK YOU TEN CLUB FOR THE SEATS AND THANK YOU PEARL JAM FOR ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS I HAVE EVER SEEN HANDS DOWN.........

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    This show was insane!

I'm still taking it all in!
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    Hey bro!

Yeah, I'm too dumb to remember multiple usernames and stuff.

Love you on C-fan, now, I'll look forward to chatting with you here.
  • Options
    Here's the deal I think with the not-so-good service.

First, there is a pretty small labor pool to draw from anyway (only about 10,000 people live within a half hour of the Gorge).

And this year there are only about half the number of shows at the Gorge that there has been in previous years, so many people aren't interested in committing to work out there for only a handful of weekends.

Plus, the extreme weather (it was hailing and raining for Sasquatch in May and now it was 100-plus for Pearl Jam) have also kept people from wanting to work out there.

I think things might change when Live Nation takes over next year.

The blanket thing kinda pissed me off. I just wish that if there are changes that are different from the regular rules, those signs should be posted in the parking lot, so people don't have to walk back to their cars.
  • Options
    so good to see everyone had a great time and enjoyed the amazing intense show/s.... Its ok tag was maybe my highlight from the weekend as the sun was going down.. Its hard to compute right now that I witnessed all that I did hehe.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    RiotAct wrote:
    The Gorge has no clue how to run a show. The 10C line was a mile long and so unorganized. There was still tons of ppl in line when PJ took the stage. My friend waited over 1.5 hrs in line before he got his tickets. Luckily we parked in the VIP and the gait we walked in was right by the 10C line so we just snuck in and got our tickets in 2 minutes. We still missed the first 5 songs b/c they were only letting so many ppl in the gates at one time...even well after PJ took the stage.
    I hate for this to be my fist post in 5 days....I will post my reviews in a while...

What??? i had absolutely no issues getting tickets....getting in the venue....nothing. Both shows the 10C line wasn't that long....got fantastic seats booth shows.....not one issues at all. And The Gorge was great!!!! Not sure what they did wrong at all. As far as me and my friends and the people all around me (in the parking lot, in the 10c line, and in the seats) all had the most fan friendly experience.

What time were you people who had 10c ticket problems in line to get your tickets? 7/22 & 7/23 I was probably getting my tickets about 4:15 and it couldn't have been a more positive experience.
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    Just listening to the boot - possibly one of, if not the greatest show Pearl Jam has ever played?
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    I'm Gone wrote:
    Just listening to the boot - possibly one of, if not the greatest show Pearl Jam has ever played?

it has to be the best from 2006 and maybe one of the best of all time??? thoughts anyone else it was a magical event.

• Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,126
    aNiMaL wrote:
    What??? i had absolutely no issues getting tickets....getting in the venue....nothing. Both shows the 10C line wasn't that long....got fantastic seats booth shows.....not one issues at all. And The Gorge was great!!!! Not sure what they did wrong at all. As far as me and my friends and the people all around me (in the parking lot, in the 10c line, and in the seats) all had the most fan friendly experience.

I got in the 10Club line at 6pm and didn't have my tickets in hand until 7:30. Then, as someone else said, the venue stopped letting us in, and had to wait again. Then walk the last 1/2 mile.

After all is said and done, I missed the first 6 songs (INCLUDING WASH, WHICH I'VE WANTED TO SEE FOR YEARS AND YEARS). I was crushed because of this....but thankfully I got Crown of Thorns and that was enough for me.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,126
    Zoso wrote:
    it has to be the best from 2006 and maybe one of the best of all time??? thoughts anyone else it was a magical event.

Of course, I haven't heard every single show of the tour....but I'd have to think this was one of the best, if not the #1 greatest of 2006.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    Milestone wrote:
    Of course, I haven't heard every single show of the tour....but I'd have to think this was one of the best, if not the #1 greatest of 2006.

I have them all - this is the best.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    breath_girlbreath_girl Posts: 189
    I have to say the debt we will be paying off for a while was totally worth it! When we walked up the hill to see the venue for the first time I got chills on such a brutally hot day. How amazing!

Hi-lights for me were the rarities and of course Ed on the roof of Front of House. Our seats were a few seats over so we had an awesome view.

This was my fourth show and after every single one I think how can it get better? But they manage. What a band!

To be honest I am glad we only went to night 1. Although the set list for night 2 was equally amazing, I can live with this memory until next time when they somehow manage to upstage themselves again.

Thanks go out to my husband for putting up with my obsession.

Gimli Mudfest 93
    Calgary 05
    Winnipeg 05
    The Gorge Night 1 06
  • Options
    Bwalker545Bwalker545 Posts: 162
    Finnaly back home and clean... Friday at 2pm till monday at noon at the campground! Was an awsome weekend! No 10C problems for me, got in early cause I know the Gorge, AMAZING shows. Night one was great! I was standing next to the sound board...Too close to see Eddie on top unfortunatly, but I was right in the middle of the group chanting Dirty Frank! We were all goin nuts when they started playin!! That version of Baba has to sound AWSOME the Band and all of us in the crowd sounded like we nailed it! Cant wait to get the bootleg! Awsome show, awsome camping thanks to EVERYONE~!~!
    "Almost unconsciously he traced with his finger in the dust on the table: 2+2=5" 1984
  • Options
    and it brings me right back....

"....the sun goes down...the sun goes down.............it's okay....it's okay-ay-ay.....it's okay...it's okay-ay-ay....you don't have to run and hide away...."

if you've just downloaded it or are going to, skip to about 5:40 of daughter/it's okay for the it's okay tag.
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."
    Vancouver '05, Denver I/II '06, Gorge I/II '06, MSG I/II '08, VH1 Rock Honors '08, Seattle I/II '09, Vancouver '11
    EV: Portland '11, Seattle Benaroya I/II '11
  • Options
    omg cheers for the pics!

• Options
    fanforlifefanforlife Posts: 138
    daryl jam wrote:
    J i think all you lazy fuckers should be ashamed of yourselves for the mess that was left behind...my GF and I waded through a sea of garbage on our way out to the parking lot...(with our garbage in my backpack).....show the venue, yourselves, each other and the band some respect and pick up after yourselves...think about the wages for the poor cleanup staff the next time you bitch about a $6 slice of pizza.....

THANK YOU for bringing this up. As I walked out, my friend, who had never even listened to pj before, said, "Didn't they hear the message in the music?" FUCK! That place was trashed! Embarrassing...
    A mind full of questions, and a teacher in my soul
    And so it goes...
  • Options
    fanforlifefanforlife Posts: 138
    daryl jam wrote:
    i think all you lazy fuckers should be ashamed of yourselves for the mess that was left behind...my GF and I waded through a sea of garbage on our way out to the parking lot...(with our garbage in my backpack).....show the venue, yourselves, each other and the band some respect and pick up after yourselves...think about the wages for the poor cleanup staff the next time you bitch about a $6 slice of pizza.....

THANK YOU for bringing this up. As I walked out, my friend, who had never even listened to pj before, said, "Didn't they hear the message in the music?" FUCK! That place was trashed! Embarrassing...
    A mind full of questions, and a teacher in my soul
    And so it goes...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Tonight's show at The Gorge was reason for celebration. Highlights (for me,) included Wash, Footsteps, Dirty Frank and a seemingly spontaneous full-band version of Little Wing towards the end of Yellow Ledbetter.

Having never been to a show at The Gorge, (regretfully due to my residence in Texas,) I was blown away, far beyond the pictures and fanviews I've seen and read before walking into this place. "Holy fucking shit," is about the only phrase I could think of all evening long.

I was at all three San Francisco shows, the Portland benefit, and this first night at The Gorge, and I must say, wow. Perhaps my reviewing capability would be more advanced tomorrow. Oh, no, I'll be at the next Gorge show tomorrow. Wow.

Pics of today:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lesheifner/072206WestCoastDay9

Thanks to everyone who's posting the pictures!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I mean really.....where do I start? These two shows were some of the most amazing shit i have ever witnessed.

We had no problems at all pre-partying in the parking lot before the show. We drank beers out of Gatorade bottle (from the point on called Gatorbeers) for a long while before heading in.

Opening with WASH was brilliant!!!! Totally was not expecting that!! It sounded fantastic too!! The It's Okay tag......Mike throwing in Little Wing in his YL solo.....then to have the fucking band join him was I thought as cool as it would get for that (little did I know then).

The new songs sounded awesome!!! Inside job was amazing!! One of my favorite versions of Black for sure!!! God's Dice was also great!!

DIRTY FRANK....SURPRISE OF THE NIGHT!!!!! i was blown away!!!

Just so many great songs in such sweltering conditions. i was under prepared for hydration on night 1 for sure. I kept sending my buddy for beers and he kept coming back empty handed...saying the lines were atrocious....then I sent him (he was willing to go as i was buying) for just water.....but again he came back with my money and no water. So by the end of this show I was THISRTY....so dehydrated. THANK YOU big time to the really nice vendor lady who gave my friend and I each a large hand full of ice as we were staggering up the hill after the show. That ice FOR SURE got me to the car where I had multiple large Gatorades on ice waiting for me.

Anyhow….great fucking show!!!! A+!!!!

The end of this show really felt more like an intermission…..as we were to be back there again the next night!!! :D
  • Options
    tattootattoo Posts: 7
    It was a good show.
    The first *real* concert I've ever been to, and it was amazing.
    Somebody threw up before the music even started, I thought was pretty funny. Then the music, with no introduction or anything. The crowd was more diverse than I had thought it would be, probably from the new album. While half of us were singing along with Vedder, the rest of them sat quietly on the grass. The crowd interaction wasn't as epic as last year's Evenflow, but it was nice to see a new generation of fans being made. I couldn't believe that the people on the stage were really there- it was a great dream that actually came true. The Gorge people could have been a little bit more organized; those poor 10c people! Grass-Ass seats seemed like a good idea, in hindview. It was a gorgeous concert. Those clouds have never looked so damn beautiful =)
    That morning, the worlds dripped from his fingers like dew from a leaf... [‡]
  • Options
    kwalkersvkwalkersv Posts: 7
    OK FIRST OF ALL AWESOME SHOWS> BOTH NIGHTS. Now to the guy who posted that the Gyros stand had awesome Gyros let me just say NOT!!!!! That was the worst supposed Gyros I have ever attempted to eat. ( I did not finish it it was so disgusting) Second I just want you to know that I had Diarrhea from about 1 am to 3 am and had to do it in a sand pile in a field where I was camping! NASTY NASTY!!!!!!!!!! They put somw sort of ceasar dressing that was suppsed to be cucumber sauce and then I don't think the meat was meat if you know what I mean. Anyway it came out faster than it went in! So next I would like to warn everyone next time about the Gyros. B A D B A D S H I T ! ! ! ! !
    Surfitkj
    "Can't you see
    The oceans size?
    Defining time
    And time
    Arising
    Arms laid upon me
    Being so kind
    To let me ride"
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    The greatest show ever. Period. There is no way describe the energy at that show, impossibe .I didn't think they could top last septembers show, but somehow...oh man.

The energy was flowing...everyone around us -center, 20th row, was just slamming, despite the chairs. The security guards were trying to keep us out of the aile...no chance in hell. We were rocking to every song...screaming..holy shit it was raging around us...but cool, everyone was looking out for eachother. There was this old couple from tennessee-kinda out of place, probably used to front row seats, nice relaxing show- so they were surprised I'm sure when the entire crowd was erupting all around them. The bailed after a few songs...haha.

I can't even describe the show...the band is so much better than they've ever been in their careers...every song they played was perfect...every line eddie sang perfectly. And yeah it was over 100 degrees, and yeah we were basically slamming for 3 straight hours....but it was the single greatest 3 hours I've ever experienced. There's no way to describe the crowd energy and the bands energy...playing off eachother...and the performance...there's no way it could've been better. The setlist...everything about it rocked. Ed tipped his wine to me even during Mike's solo on ledbetter, while everyone was watching Mike...that was cool.

We went in hoping they'd play 2 specific songs, and kinda hoping they'd play a few others. They played SOLT like we'd hoped, as well as inside job, which I fricken loved. And Leash...and surprise, they played Dirty Frank. Eddie opened it with...we wrote a lot of shitty songs early on in our carreer...something like that....like this one...and they played Dirty Frank. That was cool...

For Last Kiss Eddie got on top of a shed that's actually inthe middle of the arena, so basically the lawn people had front row seats all of a sudden. It was cool for them, and cool to see eddie up there...and they didnt' leave us wanting more, that's for sure. Still recovering...

The walk back to the campground was hell...imagine running through the desert for 3 hours and then walking a mile down a gravel road that had so much dry dust you couldn't see 5 feet. We could barely breath...

But the show...ahhhhhh...I hope they make a DVD so someone else can see it. Pearl Jam is back in full force...and ROCKING.