Options

********Gorge Fanviews Nite One 7/22 Here********

123457»

Comments

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Same here...no probs with tickets...they were all printed at 3:30pm and sitting there in boxes, waiting to be picked up...Not sure why so many people waited to pick them up...certainly this was no Ten Club screw up...

a lot of people esp at the camp site got their later than that because they didnt see a need to get their 10c seats any earlier. I was there ar 4pm both days and had no issues with 10c at all. A lot of the fans blamed 10c for this but it was just their own fault pure and simple.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    Zoso wrote:
    a lot of people esp at the camp site got their later than that because they didnt see a need to get their 10c seats any earlier. I was there ar 4pm both days and had no issues with 10c at all. A lot of the fans blamed 10c for this but it was just their own fault pure and simple.

Well, I went to 9 shows this tour and showed up for my 10c tickets anywhere between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. and never saw anything like the line on Saturday. I even took a picture of it:
    http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/soccerliz/Pearl%20Jam%20Gorge%202006/?action=view&current=GorgeLine2.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch12

The line was past that tan building you see off in the distance... looks fun, huh? Especially in 100+ degree heat. Luckily we got there when the line was only (*only*) half that long.

Anyway, my point is that I've showed up fairly late to get my 10c tickets before, and never had a problem like Saturday. We got in line at 5:00 and made it inside the venue at 7:00. Crazy! Of course, Sunday we picked the tickets up at 12:30!!!!!

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    but the difference here was almost every known 10c fan in the universe were attending these shows.. People should have predicted problems like long lines and a long wait.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    tdzyphtdzyph Posts: 11
    I know it's been touched upon, but as a frequent Gorge attendee (35+ shows, fan club member of other bands [RHCP, DMB]), I have seen it before. The people that run that place have no idea what is going on. For such an unbelievable venue, everything else about it (facilities, proximity to anything, security, ticket snafus, prices) is bottom of the barrel. I wish it would land in the hands of a true fan, as opposed to trust-fund babies that fly a chopper to and from the theater. I do believe that the TenClub had nothing to do with the back up, but where were the people directing traffic, or even signs telling people where to go? When card carrying fan club members are missing 7 songs by the premiere band at the premiere venue in the world, something's gotta give.
  • Options
    mcreadyfanmcreadyfan Posts: 70
    idratherbe wrote:
    Well, I went to 9 shows this tour and showed up for my 10c tickets anywhere between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. and never saw anything like the line on Saturday. I even took a picture of it:
    http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/soccerliz/Pearl%20Jam%20Gorge%202006/?action=view&current=GorgeLine2.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch12

The line was past that tan building you see off in the distance... looks fun, huh? Especially in 100+ degree heat. Luckily we got there when the line was only (*only*) half that long.

Anyway, my point is that I've showed up fairly late to get my 10c tickets before, and never had a problem like Saturday. We got in line at 5:00 and made it inside the venue at 7:00. Crazy! Of course, Sunday we picked the tickets up at 12:30!!!!!

~peace~
    Yeah, i knew someone would have taken a picture of that. And that doesn't do it justice at all, does it? I lived and learned of course, if i ever go back there, i will know i have to be there 4 hours early and i don't know if i'll ever go in July again and sign up for 106 degree heat.

I'm happy i got to go, but so sad that my enjoyment of that venue (and not to mention missing many songs) was ruined by the line problem. I waited for almost 2 hours in line, and i was pretty amazed that i even got in when i did! Yeah, never expected a line that bad. I guess i'm just a stupid, ignorant slut.
    LBDeb

Mind your manners!!!!!
    San Diego and LA 2
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    Zoso wrote:
    but the difference here was almost every known 10c fan in the universe were attending these shows.. People should have predicted problems like long lines and a long wait.

You don't know what the hell your talking about. You picked up your tickets early. Good for you. The Ten Club had a problem on Saturday night with the distribution of tickets. Why can't anybody just admit it? It wasn't because of the large fan club turnout either, so save that excuse. The line on Sunday wasn't a factor because the problem was resolved. I've been showing up to grab my Ten Club tickets between 6 and 7 for over 10 years. I've never once had an issue until Saturday night at the Gorge. Not all of us can get to the window as early as you. A lot of us were traveling from out of state so to get there at 6:00pm was the best we could do. I'm still slightly pissed that the Ten Club hasn't at least given us an apology. I only missed 3 songs but the line was at least 500 yards behind me when I got in. I'm sure some people missed most of the first set.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    BhamFanBhamFan Posts: 1
    I can’t say that I had the best time at this concert…..which, is in no way a reflection on PJ - they brought their A+ game!!! Their show was absolutely amazing - they were amazing as usual!!! I can’t wait to download the bootleg - for it was an incredible set list!!! I think this was just fates way of telling me that I should’ve stayed home that day…it was just “one of those days” :)

First the night started out with waiting almost 2 hours in line for my ten club tickets……which in 100+ degree weather to say the least was not fun - because of this I missed the first 4 songs, which was incredibly disappointing. Also, I’d just like to say sorry to all those “ten-clubbers” who were still in that mile long line well after I had entered the show....that was an organized mess to say the least!!!!

Once I got to my seat I thought all was well…..how could it go wrong, I was watching PJ @ the Gorge!!! They were remarkable and the view was breathtaking - what a gorgeous sunset and an amazing venue!!

Needless to say my night went downhill after Crown of Thorns (@ least I got through most of the concert right?).

I’d just like to say thank you to the “gentleman” who sat behind me in section C row 27. I really appreciated being pissed on - it made the whole PJ/Gorge experience than much more memorable for me, THANK YOU!!!!! I’m sure it was just way toooooo hot for you to have to walk the few feet to the outhouse – I’m sure my leg was a more appealing place to relieve yourself. Plus, there’s nothing like sweltering in 100 degree weather, basking in someone’s piss all night, and then have to endure a 4 hour drive home after the concert dowsed in piss and sick to my stomach – THANK YOU for showing some human decency!!

Then of course if that wasn’t enough as I was heading to the wash station I was thrown into the fence as the security guards tried to make way for Eddie to perform Last Kiss on the roof in the crowd - that would’ve been okay but of course there were some individuals who felt it necessary to argue and fight with the security guards to try and get a closer look - which left me dowsed in everyone’s beer (literally head-to-toe). So, basically I spent the rest of the evening showered/drenched in piss and beer - fun stuff!!!

Ah, I’m still so upset and disappointed about this whole ordeal, for I was really looking forward to this night and to have it end the way it did is very upsetting…..I guess it was just “one of those days” where I should’ve stayed home in bed :) !!!
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    idratherbe wrote:

~peace~

Smellyman is in that pic. I am in the red PJ shirt towards the front. EDIT THAT IS NOT ME, BUT COULD BE MY EVIL TWIN.

~sarcasm~ Ahh good memories ~/sarcasm~
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    Smellyman wrote:
    Smellyman is in that pic. I am in the red PJ shirt towards the front. EDIT THAT IS NOT ME, BUT COULD BE MY EVIL TWIN.

~sarcasm~ Ahh good memories ~/sarcasm~

Oh I see ya (and saw ya! --edit -- or your evil twin). I was only about 20 people in front of you (or twin). Luckily we got in by about 7:00. But where the line made the "turn", people were cutting like bastards in line. I ended up with at least 10 people scattered in front of me that weren't there while we were doing the slow cattle walk along the fence. Piss me off!

Then we had to deal with the NEXT line, just getting into the damn venue! Good times!

*sarcasm indeed* :D

Thank God the show rocked so hard! All was forgiven by that A-MA-ZING sunset...

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,946
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    lastexit78 wrote:
    You don't know what the hell your talking about. You picked up your tickets early. Good for you. The Ten Club had a problem on Saturday night with the distribution of tickets. Why can't anybody just admit it? It wasn't because of the large fan club turnout either, so save that excuse. The line on Sunday wasn't a factor because the problem was resolved. I've been showing up to grab my Ten Club tickets between 6 and 7 for over 10 years. I've never once had an issue until Saturday night at the Gorge. Not all of us can get to the window as early as you. A lot of us were traveling from out of state so to get there at 6:00pm was the best we could do. I'm still slightly pissed that the Ten Club hasn't at least given us an apology. I only missed 3 songs but the line was at least 500 yards behind me when I got in. I'm sure some people missed most of the first set.

no you are correct. Here maybe the Gorge staff or 10c did get it wrong. That was a good reply I cant argue against it lol.

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I'm still not sure what the problem was...the tickets were all printed and waiting to be picked up...and there were a lot of people back at one campsite or another who just didn't feel the need to pick their tix up early, which made it bad for the people who arrived there at 6pm (from out of town)...poor planning, but not on the part of the 10 club...At least you all got in eventually and had a rollicking good time -- and that's all that counts!

But hey! Those shows both ROCKED!!! Even from my "crappy" seats, which I thought were just excellent!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    Has a week already gone by of one of the greatest weekends ever??!!
  • Options
    I guess I might as well take a minute and finally remark on such a great performance! I don't want to get into comparing the two nights too much, as they were pretty well equally awesome, and each had their own plusses.

My only little complaint was that generally that night's crowd seemed kinda lame. I'm not simply referring to the crowd's response to the band, but even the general populace at the campsite. I know this really don't have much to do with the show, at least for most of us, but certainly for that poor guy who got PISSED on during the show - somehow I'm not surprised at all in the least considering the vibe I felt that day - having a higher incidence of douche baggery does tend to trickle on down. Maybe 'cause last year's crowd, and especially the crowd experienced at Sasquatch! in May, I had higher expectations. It seemed to be frat boy heavy or something, "yeah we drink BEER and beat our CHESTS" etc. Ok, I don't want to start a bitch session, but it seemed to correlate with the people around me fairly close the front of section B who seemed to have a problem with my whole wanting to rock out. Not that it stopped or bothered me. Night 2 everyone just seemed happier, friendlier, less conservative, and more appreciate of the band - which always seems to help stimulate their energy.

Anyhoo. I remember leaving there after the weekend thinking that the setlists were sorta "meat and potatoes", though well played, but actually upon examining them I realize that there truly were enough wicked surprises. Perhaps not for others who had already seen them a few times this tour, but I was not disappointed. Sure I would have been all-the-more-thrilled to see this song and that song... not gonna bother making a list, fuck it, it was still all good. The fact that every song was played with such QUALITY and ENERGY and TIGHTNESS more than makes up for it. Fuck they kicked ass! I love 'em even more just for seeing those shows. And it's incredible to see them go up for ~3 hours in that heat and not miss a single beat, et. al. I haven't examined the boots yet to verify this, but I'm sure that mistakes were kept to an extreme minimum (esp. night II). It was all almost too much to take in... thankfully we've got good quality boots. I could go into specifics, but feck, there were so many moments of pure energy, joy, and goosebump-inducing awesomeness.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    go2theshowgo2theshow Posts: 80
    Well, it's been over a week since the show so I guess I should convey some thoughts before I completely draw a blank.

First of all, the beauty of going to a show at the Gorge is the entire experience. Relaxing drive from Seattle to Ellensburg, meeting up with our designated driver for a lift to the venue, tailgating in the parking lot for half the day, getting to the Ten Club will call line way early when there was a 10 minute wait, meeting PJ fans from all over the country/world, more accelerated tailgating, taking a stroll through the gates...over the hill ....and WOW! I have been to many shows at the Gorge over the years and that first glance at the view gets me every time.

Oh, then there was the show.

Highlights: Unemployable, Leash, Dirty Frank, Little Wing, Over 100 degrees and Mike was wearing wool pants, Eddie's cop shades, and 5th row seats (thanks once again Ten Club).

Lowlights: Totally wasted people sliding up the side of Section C to the front. Security over there was a complete joke! I had a bunch of people kicked out by having security check tickets but then I decided I would probably get my ass kicked if I kept it up. Sorry if I got you kicked out and thanks for not punching me in the face.

More post-show tailgating. Some fireworks. Then back to Ellensburg for the night. Breakfast at the diner (I saw you there) and back to Seattle. 24 hours of PJ love and affection. Sweet!
  • Options
    nice review but wouldnt call it being over 100 degrees a highlight it was terrible. The camping side of things sucked but PJ obviously didnt.

• Options
    Zoso wrote:
    nice review but wouldnt call it being over 100 degrees a highlight it was terrible. The camping side of things sucked but PJ obviously didnt.

100 degrees wasn't actually a higlight, I thought it sucked as well. I just thought that it was humorous that mike was wearing wool pants in that weather.

Sorry to hear that camping sucked but it's sweet that you made the trip.
  • Options
    go2theshow wrote:
    100 degrees wasn't actually a higlight, I thought it sucked as well. I just thought that it was humorous that mike was wearing wool pants in that weather.

Sorry to hear that camping sucked but it's sweet that you made the trip.

Mike wouldnt have cared if it was 200 degrees we still would have been cutting it up! Oh yeah camping did suck but the PJ shows kept me from going insane. It was totally worth it in the end.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Have this need to find out how close I'm to the stage (or not so (-:) ...so picked up my tickets early...4pm or so. No line...and all the tickets were printed and waiting to be picked up..there was no Ticketbastard problem. Problem was sooo many ten club members...and only a couple people distributing the tickets....no way they could have kept up.

The concert was great....band played at their best...very tight. Had this feeling PJ wanted to do their best and you can tell they are seasoned professionals who take their work seriously. Was great to hang out with so may cool PJ fans.....and to see fans we met in Denver. Was in incredible weekend...and just can't wait to see PJ again. It is sooo addicting.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    pjfanatic4pjfanatic4 Posts: 127

Good pictures... thx for posting. I was at the show and couldn't get good ones of the sunset like you did...
  • Options
    Pat2976Pat2976 Posts: 34
    Security at the Gorge was certainly part of the problem before the show. We arrived at the Gorge around 6:00 after dropping our stuff off at our campsite. The lineup was already quite long at that point and most people weren't even aware what the 10c lineup was for. There were people lining up in the wrong lineup and cutting ahead in the line. The line barely moved for at least an hour until someone from the Gorge security staff finally came around and tried to get the lines organized. At this point the line started to move quickly. Once we had our tickets, we had to wait another 20 minutes in line to get into the venue. We could hear World Wide Suicide being played while we waited in the security line and didn't get to our seats until the end of Small Town. Had security been present from the start to organize the lines I don't think there wouldn't have been as much of a problem with the distribution of 10c tickets.
    Montreal 03
    Ottawa 05
    Gorge #1 06
    Eddie Vedder #1 Montreal 08
    Ottawa 11
  • Options
    Pat2976 wrote:
    Security at the Gorge was certainly part of the problem before the show. We arrived at the Gorge around 6:00 after dropping our stuff off at our campsite. The lineup was already quite long at that point and most people weren't even aware what the 10c lineup was for. There were people lining up in the wrong lineup and cutting ahead in the line. The line barely moved for at least an hour until someone from the Gorge security staff finally came around and tried to get the lines organized. At this point the line started to move quickly. Once we had our tickets, we had to wait another 20 minutes in line to get into the venue. We could hear World Wide Suicide being played while we waited in the security line and didn't get to our seats until the end of Small Town. Had security been present from the start to organize the lines I don't think there wouldn't have been as much of a problem with the distribution of 10c tickets.

I think it's a joke that the Gorge staff didn't anticipate a large crowd and build up of fans towards the start! I woud have been fucking pissed and annoyed if I missed even 1 song let alone right through till Small Town. Ridiculous. Great venue but being that great and beautiful it must be hard to organise that amount of people for such an obscure concert sight. I saw the build up of traffic coming in to the show while I was in line about 5 man fuck that. Santa Barbara was a little different to this experience.. I got the best of both worlds a small intimate PJ show (including a slower set) and a large massive show.

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    I'm now listening to the Gorge I 7/22 show today in my office. Just thought I'd share. :)
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    man I wish i was at this show
    Gorge = wild
    even a year and half later
    just thought i would share too
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    WOAH! What a show! The gorge is AMZING! Little hot, but amazing setlist/show!
    Little Wing was AWESOME!

This review is a little late.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    pjtaper wrote:
    Little Wing was AWESOME!

lol, I think I saw you there, but yea, it was definately an amazing time - I will never forget it...
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    pjtaper wrote:
    Little Wing was AWESOME!

A little hot! Talk about an understatement! :D Great shows though, both! So glad I was there. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Remembering what took place 4 years ago, still give me chills to this day.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland