• Options
    sick design!! i love it
    05 - St. Johns I II
    06 - Toronto I II
    08 - DC NYC I II
    09 - Calgary Toronto
    11 - Calgary Edmonton
    13 - Calgary

Openers : Cant Keep, Small Town, Severed Hand, Release X3, Hard to Imagine X2, Why Go, Of the Girl X2, Wash,.......
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    I apologize if it's been mentioned in this lengthy thread, but anyone notice that rather than a prism, it's an avocado? I think it's kinda cool :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    I apologize if it's been mentioned in this lengthy thread, but anyone notice that rather than a prism, it's an avocado? I think it's kinda cool :)

I didn't notice. that is cool. I also wouldn't have noticed the resemblance between the zeppelin cover if someone didn't mention it.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Tampa is a great fuckin poster & i'd be delighted to have it in my collection..the WPB is completely irredeemably bad though, it's impossible to constructively crticise it as it's got no merit whatsoever.
    Not worth the paper it's printed on, but the Tampa is a hopeful sign that things are gonna pick up.
  • Options
    BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177
    I LOVE the tampa poster. I picked it up before the show. After the show there were 100's of people looking to buy one, but they were all sold out. I saw some dude on the street saying "i'll pay $150 for your poster". Times as they are, I sold. Tough to pass up. If I didnt have a bunch of other posters still rolled up in my closet, I would not have sold..but as it is, it paid for my ticket. A mistake? Maybe....
    West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
    West Palm Beach 2003
    Tampa 2003
    The VIC - Chicago 2007
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Tampa 2008
    Ed Solo 2008 NYC
    Philly 10/30/2009
    Columbus 2010
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Wow, ok well.. FIRSTLY

I dont think there is anything wrong with voicing your opinion... hate is a strong word.. but i believe some really strong words from Rubysdad was a little , hmm unnecessary? I'd get banned for calling these people assholes :D But its all good.. we all get frustrated at times.. but u know, im just your average non important pearl jam fan :D I personally really liked both of the posters.. of course i liked them when i cant afford em :D

No hate.. florida shows were kick a!
  • Options
    pjheadpjhead Posts: 107
    Rubysdad wrote:
    We get it. Some people don't like some of the posters. Do we have to come on here with such negativity? If you don't like it, don't get it. I'm REALLY sick of assholes who think they're critics. Try it yourself. Start your own band. Run your own fan club. Moderate your own board. If you have to say you hate someone/something, please find somewhere else to do it. These guys are busting their talented asses to provide posters for (mostly) grateful, art-loving Pearl Jam fans and the last thing we want is for them to have to read such sophomoric drivel from losers.

Have a nice.

Tim

I call Tim's job when he goes off the deep end...........
  • Options
    Rubysdad wrote:
    We get it. Some people don't like some of the posters. Do we have to come on here with such negativity? If you don't like it, don't get it. I'm REALLY sick of assholes who think they're critics. Try it yourself. Start your own band. Run your own fan club. Moderate your own board. If you have to say you hate someone/something, please find somewhere else to do it. These guys are busting their talented asses to provide posters for (mostly) grateful, art-loving Pearl Jam fans and the last thing we want is for them to have to read such sophomoric drivel from losers.

Have a nice.

Tim

Rock on Tim.....Who said everyone has to like the same thing people. I love the Tampa poster. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....
  • Options
    So you just have to say some daring things to get some real "superfans" to respond I guess. Ill have to remember that one. I cant ask a question ten different ways and get no response...my naivete for thinking us PJ followers were a different more peace enlightment seeking breed.

Second, This argument is stupid. Tim didnt call anyone a direct asshole...he said he is tired of people complaining, to him the negativity means "assholes" in general. No time out necessary. Since when should it be a crime for any of us to say how we feel/think. Lukin should be allowed to say his view and Tim the same. Lets not all get so personal.
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    I think it's probably more of a cumulative thing...listening to people whine and complain about like everything. AND...don't you think he would have a little better idea as to whether the Ames guys look at the board or not than you?

AND... maybe it would SUCK if you were an artist and people were complaining about your most current work before you had even gone public with 90% of it. I would think you guys all sucked if I was the artist.

AND... for the record... I love the WPB poster and happen to really like a lot of what Ames puts out there. I didn't really get a look at tonight's yet... but guys... maybe (??) there is a lot of really negative and mean spirited energy around here sometimes and somewhere along the line it has become "cool" to trash Ames.

Sometimes people benefit from a little slap down. Makes them re-examine themselves....

The problem is that Tim is seen as a representative of the band on here and berating complaining fans is still shitting on your fans. If he would have prefaced his post with "the following rant is the opinion of a disgruntled reader of posts and not that of Pearl Jam ..." it would have been fine. His post has been posted countless times by other people over the last few years.

Also, am I the only person who sees the irony in the statement that the complainers are "sophmoric losers" and that the proposed solution in the same post was a very playground-esque "start your own club then"? I actually thought that he would get pounced on quickly by the sharp wits around here for that blunder.

Anyway -- Tim - come stay at my camp for a couple of weeks and unwind. The bugs are the shits right now but the fishing and drinks are great.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    FUCK POSTERS...

the shows ruled...
  • Options
    well, i see more sheep here than in a farmers show.....

suddenly the ugly becomes beautiful...freedom of speech and respect for the fans is needed.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    FUCK POSTERS...

the shows ruled...

I love collecting posters, but the show is really all that matters. So, you are right.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    I love this poster - anyone have a spare?
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Rubysdad wrote:

Have a nice.

Tim

IMO ( which I sure as hell am allowed to do ). I totally disagree with everything RUBYSDAD just said, and I think he was way out of line to call Lukin 66 an asshole and a loser. Who the hell is he to do that? WE pay to see the band , WE pay for this stupid forum, WE keep HIS job as mangmnt, and WE have a right to our opinion. So until I stop paying my hard earned $$$$$$ to support the band AND this forum , Im going to express my ideas and opinions with whomever I feel nessecary........

Have a Nice..
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,160
    IMO ( which I sure as hell am allowed to do ). I totally disagree with everything RUBYSDAD just said, and I think he was way out of line to call Lukin 66 an asshole and a loser. Who the hell is he to do that? WE pay to see the band , WE pay for this stupid forum, WE keep HIS job as mangmnt, and WE have a right to our opinion. So until I stop paying my hard earned $$$$$$ to support the band AND this forum , Im going to express my ideas and opinions with whomever I feel nessecary........

Have a Nice..

Oh, get over it.

He said what many of us think on this board.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Oh, get over it.

He said what many of us think on this board.

So did Lukin66.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    rhinosaurrhinosaur Posts: 51
    Niko80 wrote:
    Good job, gfraser. Way to speak up. It is ludicrous to think that with a band that rails against the suppression of free speech has a message board that will not allow any negative opinions of the band or companies/individuals associated with it.

Its funny how posts like this (good, smart, on-point and constructive criticism) many times just seems to go by 'unnoticed'. Unless they are thread starters, it seems to me that most people here just ignore it. In one ear, out the other, pj is great.. end. Its like some people in here has a firewall that blocks it out.

I hope I am wrong cause criticism is important! Also it works as great feedback to improve on services and products.

I totally agree with you. EasyToImagine hit it in the nail and so I am quoting this post.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Negativity really sucks and it's a downward spiral. The spiral on this particular thread can stop here. Thank you. Please be careful when posting comments. There are right ways and wrong ways to say things and we'll just let it go at that.

Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down