Options

Tampa Bay Poster

Comments

• Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,569
    And I am pretty sure him calling fans assholes and losers is a pretty poor business approach. With the band's newfound love of corporation money, they might not appreciate responses like this that make them less marketable to companies like Verizon.

Good job, gfraser. Way to speak up. It is ludicrous to think that with a band that rails against the suppression of free speech has a message board that will not allow any negative opinions of the band or companies/individuals associated with it.

Its funny how posts like this (good, smart, on-point and constructive criticism) many times just seems to go by 'unnoticed'. Unless they are thread starters, it seems to me that most people here just ignore it. In one ear, out the other, pj is great.. end. Its like some people in here has a firewall that blocks it out.

I hope I am wrong cause criticism is important! Also it works as great feedback to improve on services and products.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    am i the only person that hates the verizon stuff??

i don´t recognize some aspects of the band anymore.......

celular phones and other sheet...........
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    socks.....I see there are some in the good section.....even I'm (will buy anything) drawing the line there!!!
  • Options
    First impression, Im liking the Tampa Poster.
    Would like to see more Pictures of it though.

What time would it go onsale from Ames today??

they seem to bang everything on at 10am pst.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,569
    pdalowsky wrote:
    they seem to bang everything on at 10am pst.

pd, you are closing in on my post tally. BIG TIME!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    he he he he he he he he......

right behind you that man......
  • Options
    Vedderman51Vedderman51 Posts: 606
    gfraser wrote:
    wow would you like some cheese with that wine? i take it you work for the band or something? well if thats the case why are you calling their fans assholes? lol i mean arent we the ones who make sure you have a job to begin with? not everyone is bashing the ames bros i know, so does it make it any better to call these fans assholes and tell them they arent welcome here because they have a opinion? this is a message board, everyone has a opinion and not everyone agrees on the same things. if we all did this world would be a very boring place. ames, like pearl jam are artists, if they cant take criticism they are in the wrong profession.

i personally dont mind this poster. i think its one of the better ames over the past little while. i just dont like seeing the "authority" around here bully around the bands loyal fans and call them assholes because they dont like a poster and voiced it.

Way to go! couldn't have said it better myself. Poor picked on Ames, $80 a poster for an AP. They are doing 10 shows and are selling 100 for each show. Theres $80,000. $650 per sub for the tour. There were a 100 of these sold with a total of $65,000 . They are making roughly $145,000 on this small tour. With money like that rolling in I think they can handle a little criticism. Call the wahhhhhhhbulance!
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    Hahaha... they have socks. :D
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    gfraser wrote:
    wow would you like some cheese with that wine? i take it you work for the band or something? well if thats the case why are you calling their fans assholes? lol i mean arent we the ones who make sure you have a job to begin with? not everyone is bashing the ames bros i know, so does it make it any better to call these fans assholes and tell them they arent welcome here because they have a opinion? this is a message board, everyone has a opinion and not everyone agrees on the same things. if we all did this world would be a very boring place. ames, like pearl jam are artists, if they cant take criticism they are in the wrong profession.

i personally dont mind this poster. i think its one of the better ames over the past little while. i just dont like seeing the "authority" around here bully around the bands loyal fans and call them assholes because they dont like a poster and voiced it.

Its not about an opinion, its about how you approach it, to say "I don't like this poster and this is why" is one thing, to say you "hate" them is another. One is constuctive and one is not.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    There is a lot of bitching on here at times it is unbearable. But calling fans who support the band and make it possible for Tim to have a job "assholes" is uncalled for.
  • Options
    eyesnoeyeseyesnoeyes Posts: 50
    A couple things:

The math above about what ames 'makes' is wrong - the Sub posters and the ones they sell on their site are from the same 100 posters (it's inconsequential because it's significant money either way but just wanted to clarify).

Also - the whole 'Free Speech' angle around here is skewed. The band 'owns' this board, and can limit anyone's participation on it. They have CLEARLY outlined in the board rules (that they have every right to make up and that the Mods refer people to on a regular basis), that they don't want rampant negativity to reign on the board. If you don't like those rules, then don't post. And if you do come on here and just say you 'hate' someone else's work, don't be surprised if you get called on it.

I hardly ever post on here anymore because it really does seem to me that there is some sort of elite group of 'veterans' that feel they can just shit on anyone or anything and so the posts get tiresome to read. I was on this board back when it was in one of its first incarnations with the Binaural background and the yellow text - it just seemed way more inviting then.

Everyone knows art is subjective, so I don't even think the post a few posts above makes sense: For you personally these posters might not be as good as a Raleigh 98 or whatever but you have no chance at making that an objective argument. There's really no point.

I don't think there would have been such a frustrated response if the OP said 'you know, this Ames poster doesn't really do it for me - I don't like x, y or z. I'd like it if they let Rob Jones do some posters because he's a master at strange imagery'. But that wasn't the post - it was 'gawd I hate Ames'.

And Tim didn't then come here and call everyone an asshole, he directed his comments at a small segment of the board population. Maybe you don't agree with his tactics or wording but all this 'we're customers, we can say whatever we want blah blah blah' doesn't make sense when the band has every right to determine the terms of the board. If you don't like it, don't post. If you don't like the way the 10c does things, leave the fanclub - if enough people feel that way, they'll take a big hit and have to reevaluate their business practices, but I don't think that will be the case. I've said it before over many issues, I really think that if I was in Tim's position, or the mods position, I'd say 'Fuck it - okay, we're going on hiatus indefinitely as a fanclub - no more tickets, no more contests, no more access to posters after the shows, no more official forum - we're all just going to tour around with the band and take a break' - just to try to demonstrate to people what they're missing out on. It'd be like a big 'reset' button around here that seems to be sorely needed in many areas - at least how I see it.

Sorry for the novel - have fun at the upcoming shows.
    'She runs through my veins like a long, black river and rattles my cage like a thunderstorm...' R. Adams.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    eyesnoeyes wrote:
    I've said it before over many issues, I really think that if I was in Tim's position, or the mods position, I'd say 'Fuck it - okay, we're going on hiatus indefinitely as a fanclub - no more tickets, no more contests, no more access to posters after the shows, no more official forum - we're all just going to tour around with the band and take a break' - just to try to demonstrate to people what they're missing out on. It'd be like a big 'reset' button around here that seems to be sorely needed in many areas - at least how I see it.

Sorry for the novel - have fun at the upcoming shows.
    well put. seriously, it always amazes me that people don't realize how great we have it. what other fanclub gives you so much for $20?? the vinyl alone is worth it, nevermind the ticket perks. the sense of entitlement around here always amazes me.
  • Options
    175XXX175XXX Posts: 81
    Here is maybe a better pic of the Tampa poster:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5015/newimagejn5.jpg
    West Palm Beach 8/9/00 - West Palm Beach 8/10/00 - Tampa 8/12/00 - Tampa 4/13/03 - Cleveland 5/20/06 - George 7/22/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - West Palm Beach 6/11/08 - Tampa 6/12/08 - EV Atlanta 6/23/09 - EV Clearwater 12/3/12 - EV Clearwater 12/4/12
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    175 XXX wrote:

Damn, now after seeing that pic, I really like it!!! Very cool!
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    I didn't notice that is an avacado in the middle. That is a SICK poster
  • Options
    I wasn't planning on getting this one, but now after seeing it clearly, I am tempted to get a S/N version on Ames today.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    I think I am going to try for it too..F5 F5 F5
  • Options
    175XXX175XXX Posts: 81
    What times does Ames put them up? 10PST?
    West Palm Beach 8/9/00 - West Palm Beach 8/10/00 - Tampa 8/12/00 - Tampa 4/13/03 - Cleveland 5/20/06 - George 7/22/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - West Palm Beach 6/11/08 - Tampa 6/12/08 - EV Atlanta 6/23/09 - EV Clearwater 12/3/12 - EV Clearwater 12/4/12
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    175 XXX wrote:

Thanks- I like it- Like the avocado in the middle
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Damn, now after seeing that pic, I really like it!!! Very cool!
    yes, I like it too !
    good Job, Ames !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    I believe Ames puts up the posters at approximately 3:45 PM EST
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    I believe Ames puts up the posters at approximately 3:45 PM EST

ha ha ha
  • Options
    [quote

I've said it before over many issues, I really think that if I was in Tim's position, or the mods position, I'd say 'Fuck it - okay, we're going on hiatus indefinitely as a fanclub - no more tickets, no more contests, no more access to posters after the shows, no more official forum - we're all just going to tour around with the band and take a break' - just to try to demonstrate to people what they're missing out on. It'd be like a big 'reset' button around here that seems to be sorely needed in many areas - at least how I see it.

.[/quote]

Now dont get me wrong, you have some good points, and some that are very relevant.....and I too hate the winging and moaning that so often goes on here....

however, what you say above is not likely is it? This is a cash cow, sure there some moaning, but its cash we're talking about.....we all take shit in our businesses, its a part of life....is it really likely tim will walk out of his job because people moan? does he have bills to pay? I dont know but probably....is this viable? No.

Even in subjective art, I bet you wouldnt find one person on this board who prefers the gator to the raleigh 98....maybe its not objective, but I'd bet thats a very popular opinion.....
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    eyesnoeyes wrote:
    I've said it before over many issues, I really think that if I was in Tim's position, or the mods position, I'd say 'Fuck it - okay, we're going on hiatus indefinitely as a fanclub - no more tickets, no more contests, no more access to posters after the shows, no more official forum - we're all just going to tour around with the band and take a break' - just to try to demonstrate to people what they're missing out on.

people who post here probably make up like 10% at the most of pearl jam's fanclub. and of that group, only like 2% are the type to bitch and cry about everything. so putting the fanclub on a hiatus wouldn't be fair
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    175 XXX wrote:

Aaaahhhhhh... Now I see...

It's Presence!

With an avocado. :D

I like that. ;)
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Rubysdad wrote:
    We get it. Some people don't like some of the posters. Do we have to come on here with such negativity? If you don't like it, don't get it. I'm REALLY sick of assholes who think they're critics. Try it yourself. Start your own band. Run your own fan club. Moderate your own board. If you have to say you hate someone/something, please find somewhere else to do it. These guys are busting their talented asses to provide posters for (mostly) grateful, art-loving Pearl Jam fans and the last thing we want is for them to have to read such sophomoric drivel from losers.

Have a nice.

Tim

Ouch!!!!

(that guy's ears must be red!) LOL

THe poster last night was really nice! I was very very pleased :D
    And props to the wristbands method is has taken the stress of damaging the poster at the show :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Aaaahhhhhh... Now I see...

It's Presence!

With an avocado. :D

I like that. ;)

the family sitting around staring at the "object" definitely is a throwback to the Presence cover. and the avocado giving off a prism likely (obviously) references the Dark Side of the Moon cover
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Rubysdad wrote:
    .Gotta keep everyone happy. Oh wait. That's never gonna happen.

I hope everyone going to shows has a great time! Be safe and respect your fellow fans.

Tim

LOL!!!!!

The shows so far have been awesome....the guys seemed very very pleased with the crowd last night.... it was such a great night!!!!

Hope you too get a break soon! :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    First impression, Im liking the Tampa Poster.
    Would like to see more Pictures of it though.

What time would it go onsale from Ames today??

The WPB poster went on sale at 11:44am pst
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}