Options

Tampa Bay Poster

Comments

• Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Stop worrying about what your friends say about your poster collection. Perhaps they'd prefer to look at a Cheryl Tiegs bikini poster, or, that adorable cat on the "Hang in there, baby" classic.

Or, perhaps you shouldn't rely on a rock band for your fine arts needs.
    :)

Ahhh... thinkin thats your Tiegs poster...not lookin for fine art (but I'm really guessing you have a grasp)

Well...I try to combine PJ posters w/ the greats I've collected from the past 30 years..and many from the lat 10), but they just don't cut it for me OR friends.

Go JOEJOEJOE!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,447
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Look beyond my statement...if the f'in B Keyes can produce a goood solid T and PJ can't whats up.

By the way...when the B Keys opened for PJ at a few shows a few years back it semed that the reviews here were lukewarm at best...so I made the assumption....I do like lots of credit though.

My friend, don't you enjoy the comfort of lightweight cotton tshirts?

Its like comparing a filet mignon to a skirt steak.....the filet doesn't last as long, but its just so delicious!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    My friend, don't you enjoy the comfort of lightweight cotton tshirts?

Its like comparing a filet mignon to a skirt steak.....the filet doesn't last as long, but its just so delicious!

Sorry..I like my concert memorabilia to last awhile...but if you prefer culinary comparisons rave on.
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Ahhh... thinkin thats your Tiegs poster...not lookin for fine art (but I'm really guessing you have a grasp)

Well...I try to combine PJ posters w/ the greats I've collected from the past 30 years..and many from the lat 10), but they just don't cut it for me OR friends.

Go JOEJOEJOE!

30 years....very cool......I have a bunch of stuff I have collected for many years...one of these days, they will go into my museum room, right next to Farrah and her nipples!
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Sorry..I like my concert memorabilia to last awhile...but if you prefer culinary comparisons rave on.

Nah, thats enough culinary comparisons for now.

Time to cook my angelhair, or, as I call it, the 2006 Gorge of the pasta world!
    :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    30 years....very cool......I have a bunch of stuff I have collected for many years...one of these days, they will go into my museum room, right next to Farrah and her nipples!

Good fire insurance? Farrah burned out before I cared. Enjoy your evening! :)
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Rubysdad wrote:
    We get it. Some people don't like some of the posters. Do we have to come on here with such negativity? If you don't like it, don't get it. I'm REALLY sick of assholes who think they're critics. Try it yourself. Start your own band. Run your own fan club. Moderate your own board. If you have to say you hate someone/something, please find somewhere else to do it. These guys are busting their talented asses to provide posters for (mostly) grateful, art-loving Pearl Jam fans and the last thing we want is for them to have to read such sophomoric drivel from losers.

Have a nice.

Tim
    Lukin66.... no lottery for you.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Good fire insurance? Farrah burned out before I cared. Enjoy your evening! :)

I will have a great evening....I will work on my memoirs "From Farrah Posters to Farrah Slacks"

Enjoy your evening as well!
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    i for one think this poster is kinda cool...

seems like Ames put more thought into it than past poster..

and it looks like a poster that would grow on you over time.....

different is good sometimes
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    Rubysdad wrote:
    We get it. Some people don't like some of the posters. Do we have to come on here with such negativity? If you don't like it, don't get it. I'm REALLY sick of assholes who think they're critics. Try it yourself. Start your own band. Run your own fan club. Moderate your own board. If you have to say you hate someone/something, please find somewhere else to do it. These guys are busting their talented asses to provide posters for (mostly) grateful, art-loving Pearl Jam fans and the last thing we want is for them to have to read such sophomoric drivel from losers.

Have a nice.

Tim

Tim while i am glad you stood up and agree that negativity is a disease, i am not sure this heated comment was fair to the fullest extent. I have not commented on this poster for a reason, but for those that have commented on it....

1. Everyone IS a critic in a forum. (but maybe that is why i have not been posting in here in a long time. I was as fed up with what i thought was a lot of drivel much like you are fed up now.)
    2. Calling people assholes does not go far with settling tides.
    3. We (or I) know it is not easy running a forum, obviously, but running an open discussion can run wild at times and you just have to weather the storm. "the smallest oceans still get big big waves" Just look at the thread for tonights poster, looks like it is a home run to me!

It could have been handled better but glad you spoke and i appreciate what you and everyone does here.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    elgallo10elgallo10 Posts: 114
    I like the poster myself but calling people a-holes is a bit much I think. Not everyone has the same opinions and that diveristy is what makes a better forum.
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    Rubysdad wrote:
    We get it. Some people don't like some of the posters. Do we have to come on here with such negativity? If you don't like it, don't get it. I'm REALLY sick of assholes who think they're critics.

Don't let the negative posts get you down, man. You know the real deal. And I'm sure Ames and Klausen have heard it all before too. Folks could express their opinions with more respect, but such is the way of the world unfortunately.
    Sam
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Rubysdad wrote:

Have a nice.

Tim

Sophomoric? Pot meet kettle.

Why get worked up over something so trivial? I'm sure that the Ames artists lose lots of sleep knowing that a few PJ fans complain about their concert posters.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    Kingmidget wrote:
    I apologize if its important to me to take home some piece of memorabilia from a great show...any show. It's been the case since I first saw Blue Oyster Cult in '81...and I still have that gnarly shirt after wearing and washing it proably 40 times in the 80s and early 90s.
    I have to ask... you STILL wear a Blue Oyster Cult T-Shirt from 1981? You must have gotten a rare, descent Cotton T.
    The reason why I ask is because in the 1970s and 1980s, the fashion of the day was tight fitting t-shirts. I used to wear a Medium way back then. The shirts were cut smaller. And I remember a lot of them being pretty cheap and shrinking unevenly.
    I have given away all of my old Concert T's... and I had some great ones (Zepp '75 Tour, Who '76 Return to America, Floyd '78 Animals, '81 The Wall, early Clash, Police (my favorite, 'Support The Police' shirt), Blondie, Elvis Costello, etc... all because, if I wore them today, I'd look like someone who'd go out on a date with Boy George.
    And the concert pieces I tend to love the most? Programs. I still have my Queen '74 Night At The Opera program as well as my Who Are You from 1980. Many others never made the multiple moves.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,177
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Believe me, I'd love to be out there. But too much going on around here...Gotta keep everyone happy. Oh wait. That's never gonna happen.

I hope everyone going to shows has a great time! Be safe and respect your fellow fans.

Tim

How about some west coast shows?

Oh, and I dig the Tampa poster.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Songburst wrote:
    Sophomoric? Pot meet kettle.

Why get worked up over something so trivial? I'm sure that the Ames artists lose lots of sleep knowing that a few PJ fans complain about their concert posters.

I think it's probably more of a cumulative thing...listening to people whine and complain about like everything. AND...don't you think he would have a little better idea as to whether the Ames guys look at the board or not than you?

AND... maybe it would SUCK if you were an artist and people were complaining about your most current work before you had even gone public with 90% of it. I would think you guys all sucked if I was the artist.

AND... for the record... I love the WPB poster and happen to really like a lot of what Ames puts out there. I didn't really get a look at tonight's yet... but guys... maybe (??) there is a lot of really negative and mean spirited energy around here sometimes and somewhere along the line it has become "cool" to trash Ames.

Sometimes people benefit from a little slap down. Makes them re-examine themselves....
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Its like one of those posters where you REALLY like it at first, but then when you get it , it NEVER leaves the tube!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    j.roj.ro Posts: 111
    Rubysdad wrote:

Have a nice.

Tim

Thank you!
    Oh half his life, a hand me down, wasted away
    Of he fills it up, with the love, of a girl...
  • Options
    wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    I think it's probably more of a cumulative thing...

I couldn't agree more.
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    Rubysdad wrote:

Have a nice.

Tim

wow would you like some cheese with that wine? i take it you work for the band or something? well if thats the case why are you calling their fans assholes? lol i mean arent we the ones who make sure you have a job to begin with? not everyone is bashing the ames bros i know, so does it make it any better to call these fans assholes and tell them they arent welcome here because they have a opinion? this is a message board, everyone has a opinion and not everyone agrees on the same things. if we all did this world would be a very boring place. ames, like pearl jam are artists, if they cant take criticism they are in the wrong profession.

i personally dont mind this poster. i think its one of the better ames over the past little while. i just dont like seeing the "authority" around here bully around the bands loyal fans and call them assholes because they dont like a poster and voiced it.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    I love this poster. I am a proud owner of one and would like to thank 10c and the Ames bros for a poster that perfectly complimented an amazing show.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,569
    gfraser wrote:
    wow would you like some cheese with that wine? i take it you work for the band or something? well if thats the case why are you calling their fans assholes? lol i mean arent we the ones who make sure you have a job to begin with? not everyone is bashing the ames bros i know, so does it make it any better to call these fans assholes and tell them they arent welcome here because they have a opinion? this is a message board, everyone has a opinion and not everyone agrees on the same things. if we all did this world would be a very boring place. ames, like pearl jam are artists, if they cant take criticism they are in the wrong profession.

i personally dont mind this poster. i think its one of the better ames over the past little while. i just dont like seeing the "authority" around here bully around the bands loyal fans and call them assholes because they dont like a poster and voiced it.

Nicely put.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    gfraser wrote:

I'm pretty sure that wasn't just about the posters.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Anybody else feeling this way? Yea the posters can sometimes be cool and maybe the shirts and other stuff. But really do you need to buy every dam item up there. I like getting the stickers thats about it. I dread being stuck behind people buying every item. But thats just what I think. Bitch me out now. lol
  • Options
    I really like the poster... if i'd have gone to the gig i'd have bought one... and 3 t-shirts, a tote bag, the DVD, some socks and a hoodie... oh and all the stickers...

Sorry patrick, couldn't resist ;)

On a serious note, I do LOVE the Tampa poster :D
    I sympathise though. I got stuck behind a couple at Wembley last year who kept 'forgetting' that they wanted more merch. I kid you not, they paid for two t-shirts then bought something else. Paid for that then said 'Oh and some badges...'

I only wanted a pin badge set :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    And I am pretty sure him calling fans assholes and losers is a pretty poor business approach. With the band's newfound love of corporation money, they might not appreciate responses like this that make them less marketable to companies like Verizon.

Good job, gfraser. Way to speak up. It is ludicrous to think that with a band that rails against the suppression of free speech has a message board that will not allow any negative opinions of the band or companies/individuals associated with it.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    of course not... but therein lies the problem... it shouldve been dealt with in a new stickied thread in a more thought out way... for such a long existing problem it seems like tims solution/backlash was very unmeditated... i hear what hes saying and respect that... just dont like how he did it at all

PARTICULARLY quoting a specific members post... out of ALL the shit that people have said around here over the years... i cant even imagine how embarrassed i would be if he had done that to one of my posts... hes so closely tied to the band that itd be like having ed spit in my face (but without having the spit to sell on ebay :D)

i dont think an apology is due from him anymore than i expect members to stop giving their opinions... i just hope we all learn from this that we all have our breaking points and we shouldnt push the patience of those that help us get what we want and listen to our suggestions when put nicely
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    If Tim's reply was on behalf of the tenclub, i've gotta say its totally out of line and totally unprofessional. Even if you felt that way Tim, you should have been more diplomatic in your position.

This band is loved by so many, and agree far too many so called fans stop by to winge and moan every single day and it must be hard as sometimes no matter what you guys do its not good enough.....you give information and we all want more, and then criticise for you not giving more immediately....however your response albeit probably out of frustration well and truely over stepped the mark. For christ sake the geezer only said he thought the poster was shite. and come on its hardly one of their best, its hardly a boston, sydney or raliegh 98, or an oakland 97 is it??

Get over it man, you'll never keep everyone happy, but to explode like that was wrong. Ames sold out their sub, asll the posters will sell, wheres the harm??
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Art and Critics go hand in hand. If an artist cant take critical opinion, they need to look for a new line of work. That being said, I like this one, I just have too many skull and skeleton posters from ames already :)
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    First impression, Im liking the Tampa Poster.
    Would like to see more Pictures of it though.

What time would it go onsale from Ames today??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14