Options

Tampa Bay Poster

Comments

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    moses562 wrote:
    I like the whole "Pink Floyd" prism thing... but I have to say, I like the Gator poster better than this one... I like the cartoon ones...

Thanks for posting though!

I agree. I love the gator, although many seem to despise it
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

I like the gator too, I like tonights poster more. May change when I see them both in person.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Rubysdad wrote:
    We get it. Some people don't like some of the posters. Do we have to come on here with such negativity? If you don't like it, don't get it. I'm REALLY sick of assholes who think they're critics. Try it yourself. Start your own band. Run your own fan club. Moderate your own board. If you have to say you hate someone/something, please find somewhere else to do it. These guys are busting their talented asses to provide posters for (mostly) grateful, art-loving Pearl Jam fans and the last thing we want is for them to have to read such sophomoric drivel from losers.

Have a nice.

Tim
    hmm, so I can't have an opinion? I don't like Ames, so I don't buy them. Simple as that. Though I am surprised that I can't post a single thought in my head that doesn't line directly paralell with the 10C. Why didn't the WHOLE THREAD bashing Ames because Klausen only got 3 posters this tour get this special treatment too? I'll make it a point from now on not to express my thoughts on (of all things) a message board. I hope you have a nice day too, Tim :rolleyes:
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    RubysdadRubysdad Posts: 133
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Tim,

stop wasting time online and hop a flight to join the boys on the road! even YOU deserve a vacation, and judging from your reply i think it's about time for one! ;)

Believe me, I'd love to be out there. But too much going on around here...Gotta keep everyone happy. Oh wait. That's never gonna happen.

I hope everyone going to shows has a great time! Be safe and respect your fellow fans.

Tim
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382

I want to know about the 8 legs... It's obvious Ames knows how many legs a gator has... so I wonder if there is any message behind it... or that it's just a looong gator and in needed more legs.

Yeah, I just like the cartoon appeal... and I like how there seems to be no real distinct borders or outlines... Like the gator having a solid black border around its body... just more free floating... and that's about as far as my artsy critiquing goes... Haha!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485

Me too....I thought it was funky!
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,535
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Believe me, I'd love to be out there. But too much going on around here...Gotta keep everyone happy. Oh wait. That's never gonna happen.

I hope everyone going to shows has a great time! Be safe and respect your fellow fans.

Tim

Tim,

the quote i use below was before your time, correct? :D
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    Lukin66 wrote:
    hmm, so I can't have an opinion? I don't like Ames, so I don't buy them. Simple as that. Though I am surprised that I can't post a single thought in my head that doesn't line directly paralell with the 10C. Why didn't the WHOLE THREAD bashing Ames because Klausen only got 3 posters this tour get this special treatment too? I'll make it a point from now on not to express my thoughts on (of all things) a message board. I hope you have a nice day too, Tim :rolleyes:

There is a difference between expressing your opinion, and being a jerk about it.
  • Options
    Rubysdad wrote:

Tim

you cant please everyone all the time, such is life.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Lukin66 wrote:

I don't think HATE is an opinion. No one should outright HATE something... I noticed you wrote "I don't like..." It's OK not to like something... but you HATED it. Hate nullifies all good... and AMES is working hard and doing good things.
  • Options
    moses562 wrote:
    I want to know about the 8 legs... It's obvious Ames knows how many legs a gator has... so I wonder if there is any message behind it... or that it's just a looong gator and in needed more legs.

Yeah, I just like the cartoon appeal... and I like how there seems to be no real distinct borders or outlines... Like the gator having a solid black border around its body... just more free floating... and that's about as far as my artsy critiquing goes... Haha!

The great thing about these posters is that art is subjective, and it's part of the fun seeing if the poster is something you like/don't like. Personally, I thought the DC '06 Klausen looked like a cheap hair band/heavy metal poster, although so many absolutely love it. Viva La Difference!

My all time favorite poster is 1998 Hartford. Someday, I hope to get one
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    There is a difference between expressing your opinion, and being a jerk about it.

exactly.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    I like the gator too, I like tonights poster more. May change when I see them both in person.

I'm not crazy about tonight's, although the photo is a bit blurry.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Thanks for explaining
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    The great thing about these posters is that art is subjective, and it's part of the fun seeing if the poster is something you like/don't like. Personally, I thought the DC '06 Klausen looked like a cheap hair band/heavy metal poster, although so many absolutely love it. Viva La Difference!

My all time favorite poster is 1998 Hartford. Someday, I hope to get one

True... maybe the 8 legs represents the year 2008.

I guess it's a good thing that art is subjective... I mean I'm sure the artist had some reasoning behind it... but then again it's fun to hear what others think about it... and it's cool that each person can see something and take something totally different out of it... I guess it's kind of like lyrics to a song sometimes... each person finds their own meaning.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    Kingmidget wrote:
    All in the eye of the beholder...all looks like cheap overpriced shit to me...from the gawdawful poster to the sheet thin shirts.

Thankfully my Black Keyes T (who are they? some may ask) is solid, cool, and has not shrunk. Guess PJ has just outgrown itself in the merch area.

for the posters, i'm all set. bought the ames sub! :)
    will try for brad's posters soon too.

stickers & shirts, i'll be ready baby! :)
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    Rubysdad wrote:
    We get it. Some people don't like some of the posters. Do we have to come on here with such negativity? If you don't like it, don't get it. I'm REALLY sick of assholes who think they're critics. Try it yourself. Start your own band. Run your own fan club. Moderate your own board. If you have to say you hate someone/something, please find somewhere else to do it. These guys are busting their talented asses to provide posters for (mostly) grateful, art-loving Pearl Jam fans and the last thing we want is for them to have to read such sophomoric drivel from losers.

Have a nice.

Tim

I apologize if its important to me to take home some piece of memorabilia from a great show...any show. It's been the case since I first saw Blue Oyster Cult in '81...and I still have that gnarly shirt after wearing and washing it proably 40 times in the 80s and early 90s.

Tim...have you worn some of the Ts from some of the past tours? If I buy one this year I WILL NOT wash it...they shrink 1-2 sizes smaller! Should I pay $30.00 for that? I am also a portion of the "aging" PJ fans who have a definite appreciation for art, but I among others I know would love a great poster..unfortunately they either resemble the cover of a bad comic book at times or are so cluttered that when I do buy one friends just tend to look at them as some totally over the top attempt at abstract/commercial concert poster art. Thats just my opinion and thats the beauty of "art" as you describe it. For a "loser", I'm well aware of historic debates about "art".

But, go ahead and ban drivel from a sophmoric "loser". I had hoped "losers "could vent on this board if they felt the need.

By the way...I just ordered a CD and have always been complimentary of what the 10Club does overall...just not a fan of the concert merchandise. Period. An artistic crime? If you feel that way, so be it.

In all the many ways, keep up the great work!
  • Options
    Lukin66 wrote:
    Thanks for explaining

and thank you for comprehending.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    like Steve Sanders was to David Silver at times? :eek: :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    moses562 wrote:

I guess it's a good thing that are is subjective... I mean I'm sure the artist had some reasoning behind it... but then again it's fun to hear what others think about it... and it's cool that each person can see something and take something totally different out of it... I guess it's kind of like lyrics to a song sometimes... each person finds their own meaning.

You're 100% right. These posters are like the songs PJ does each time they play live. You never know what you're gonna get, and one person's Who You Are is another person's Evacuation, if ya know what I mean..
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Rubysdad wrote:

Tim

Thank you Tim and again, I and eveyone else here can only guess how chaotic things are...
  • Options
    You're 100% right. These posters are like the songs PJ does each time they play live. You never know what you're gonna get, and one person's Who You Are is another person's Evacuation, if ya know what I mean..

Haha... I take it someone is hoping to hear Evacuation somewhere in the tour... :)
  • Options
    moses562 wrote:

I guess it's a good thing that art is subjective... I mean I'm sure the artist had some reasoning behind it... but then again it's fun to hear what others think about it... and it's cool that each person can see something and take something totally different out of it... I guess it's kind of like lyrics to a song sometimes... each person finds their own meaning.

The thing about art is FIRST you judge it subjectively and SECOND objectively, you look for what others like and dislike about it first then what you like and dislike about it second and the subjective is where you take that praise/criticism from.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    and thank you for comprehending.
    :rolleyes:
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    I apologize if its important to me to take home some piece of memorabilia from a great show...any show. It's been the case since I first saw Blue Oyster Cult in '81...and I still have that gnarly shirt after wearing and washing it proably 40 times in the 80s and early 90s.

Tim...have you worn some of the Ts from some of the past tours? If I buy one this year I WILL NOT wash it...they shrink 1-2 sizes smaller! Should I pay $30.00 for that? I am also a portion of the "aging" PJ fans who have a definite appreciation for art, but I among others I know would love a great poster..unfortunately they either resemble the cover of a bad comic book at times or are so cluttered that when I do buy one friends just tend to look at them as some totally over the top attempt at abstract/commercial concert poster art. Thats just my opinion and thats the beauty of "art" as you describe it. For a "loser", I'm well aware of historic debates about "art".

But, go ahead and ban drivel from a sophmoric "loser". I had hoped "losers "could vent on this board if they felt the need.

By the way...I just ordered a CD and have always been complimentary of what the 10Club does overall...just not a fan of the concert merchandise. Period. An artistic crime? If you feel that way, so be it.

In all the many ways, keep up the great work!

Stop worrying about what your friends say about your poster collection. Perhaps they'd prefer to look at a Cheryl Tiegs bikini poster, or, that adorable cat on the "Hang in there, baby" classic.

Or, perhaps you shouldn't rely on a rock band for your fine arts needs.
    :)
  • Options
    moses562 wrote:
    Haha... I take it someone is hoping to hear Evacuation somewhere in the tour... :)

God help them :)

If I don't hear Evacuation or Leatherman this tour, I'll be happy.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options

dude leatherman is sweet.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Geez, a bit of an elitist?...most people have heard of the Black Keys....don't give yourself so much credit.

Look beyond my statement...if the f'in B Keyes can produce a goood solid T and PJ can't whats up.

By the way...when the B Keys opened for PJ at a few shows a few years back it semed that the reviews here were lukewarm at best...so I made the assumption....I do like lots of credit though.
  • Options

Haha... I guess I didn't know what you meant... now I do... no Evacuation or Leatherman... got it.
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    like Steve Sanders was to David Silver at times? :eek: :D

Even worse...like when Ray knocked Tori spelling down the stairs. We are talking Jerkism to the 10th degree!

Been to Burgers 90210 yet?