Options

PJ20 Anniversary Location - Your Best Guess? **1/31 UPDATE**

123457»

Comments

• Options
    How about this in Des Moines..it's a 2 day festival that's been going on for 3 years now...
    http://80-35.com/
    Arms wide open with the sea as his floor...Soldier Field 1995, Council Bluffs 2003, Chicago 2003, Chicago 2006, Kansas City 2010, Wrigley Field 2013, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014, Wrigley 2016 nights 1&2
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Just check SPACELAB and nothing posted yet.
    http://www.thespacelab.tv/spaceLAB/theS ... tivals.htm
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Colorado Springs?
    Never been there, but it sounds nice... and it looks very green on Google Maps heehee
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:
    -Grant Park - Chicago, IL

Ok, you've got some tasks...go!

There...
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:
    Defining the middle of the country is tough, but I think its safe to say the coasts are definitely out. So that means no Gorge and no Maine. I'm looking at you Dedvw!

I think its reasonable to call "the middle of the country" anywhere from MN/WI/IL to KS/MO the "middle of the country." I don't include MN because I'm from there, but because that whole area is referred to as "the midwest." Probably a safe assumption. That's why I'm looking for show locales in those areas, just to get a raw list of possibilities. Maybe, as the excitement picks up, we can start to narrow down available weekends from that list and see where it might realistically be held.

In any event, no matter how you define the "middle of the country," it doesn't include the coasts. Sorry Gorge. I'd love to make a trip there but I don't think that's where the show's going to be...

You know what's funny... I actually interpreted "in the middle of the country" very differently. I thought of country, not as in our "nation"... but as in "rural districts, including farmland, parkland, and other sparsely populated areas, as opposed to cities or towns."

You know.... as in the middle of nowhere... and he mentioned something about camping right after that, so I immediately thought of The Gorge. I hope it is because there is no place like it... .but who knows. ;)
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    vedhead011 wrote:
    I realize that this is now coming to you 3rd hand, but my wife's boss, a Wisconsin resident, just mentioned that Alpine Valley has recently been approved for camping, for whatever that's worth. a quick google news search for "Alpine Valley Camping" yielded nothing, but still....

Perhaps a certain band pushed a certain venue to get a permit to allow camping to make it easier for their fans from around the country (world) who are descending onto a rural location to attend a 2 day festival celebrating an anniversary of said band?

The son of this woman just applied for a job at Alpine Valley over for this summer. He got a schedule and apparently Labor Day Weekend is blocked off as "TBA".

So either Alpine is keeping the weekend on hold and informing their employees to be available because they know they'll host the festival, or maybe they've been told they're a potential location...or maybe Dave Matthews Band is coming for the 12th straight year or something.

Those are just some guesses, but the schedule is fact.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    vedhead011 wrote:
    vedhead011 wrote:
    I realize that this is now coming to you 3rd hand, but my wife's boss, a Wisconsin resident, just mentioned that Alpine Valley has recently been approved for camping, for whatever that's worth. a quick google news search for "Alpine Valley Camping" yielded nothing, but still....

Perhaps a certain band pushed a certain venue to get a permit to allow camping to make it easier for their fans from around the country (world) who are descending onto a rural location to attend a 2 day festival celebrating an anniversary of said band?

The son of this woman just applied for a job at Alpine Valley over for this summer. He got a schedule and apparently Labor Day Weekend is blocked off as "TBA".

So either Alpine is keeping the weekend on hold and informing their employees to be available because they know they'll host the festival, or maybe they've been told they're a potential location...or maybe Dave Matthews Band is coming for the 12th straight year or something.

Those are just some guesses, but the schedule is fact.
    it won't be DMB

DMB'S midwest 20th anny festival is july 8th-10th
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    All I have to say is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PLAY WRIGLEY OR SOLDIER FIELD! While both those venues would be incredibly convenient for me personally, I've seen concerts at both and they're just not the proper environment for a PJ Fest! Wrigley has awful sound and if you're not lucky enough to get GA, you're not going to be able to see anything on the stage. And Soldier Field ugh. There's no hotels within walking distance and again the sound isn't all that great. Alpine would be a step up but I still think there are better choices!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Jstein1978Jstein1978 Posts: 548
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    All I have to say is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PLAY WRIGLEY OR SOLDIER FIELD! While both those venues would be incredibly convenient for me personally, I've seen concerts at both and they're just not the proper environment for a PJ Fest! Wrigley has awful sound and if you're not lucky enough to get GA, you're not going to be able to see anything on the stage. And Soldier Field ugh. There's no hotels within walking distance and again the sound isn't all that great. Alpine would be a step up but I still think there are better choices!

I totally agree with you and I live 2 blocks from Wrigley Field.....if only the Vic could be spontaeously turned into a 30000 person venue.....Alpine would rock!
  • Options
    NarcisoNarciso Posts: 194
    So, is The Gorge in the middle of the country? :lol: If it is at The Gorge we will have to listen to all the Midwesterners bitch and wine. I can't wait!
    Slipped on a curb in the road.