NCAA College Football -

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited November 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    oh yeah, the 3 or 4 OT AIDSfest vs FSU in '05. I think there were 45 missed FGs in that debacle.

I just get tired of people talking about how great PSU and the big 10 are. PSU fans talk about the big 10 like it is the greatest conference in the country, which couldn't be further from the truth. I do give them credit for bringing nebraska on board...that will help the conf tremendously. bo pelini is a beast.

I was kind of all over the place...my point is that PSU should have a program that gets to, or at least comes close to a BCS berth every year.

1- here you go again. you asked if they won a bcs game. i point out that they did. you go and mock the game. learn to concede a point dude.

2- when have you heard me talk about how great psu and the big 10 are? answer- you haven't. for the most part all i've talked about in this thread is how poorly they handled things going into this season. they grossly mismanaged their quarterback situation. it is not too often psu gets their hands on one of the top qb recruits in the country (and one who turned down miami to come there) and they let him walk to a division 1aa school or whatever they hell they call that now. dude's got a shot at getting drafted in the 3rd round and joepa said he'd prefer darryl clarke. stupid. with the big 10, all i've said is that it does not suck. which is correct.

3- i agree. psu should have a better program. again--i think they would have been a top 10 team this year if they didn't start the season with an 18 year old freshman under center. recruits are turned off on psu right now for a couple reasons: a- the location (much more attractive to a teenager to go to team in the sec than f@cking college park--the big 10 as a whole has this problem as well). b- not knowing if their coach will be alive by the end of the season.

wasn't accusing you of anything. I'm friends with a lot of PSU alums. They are annoying. They talk about that program like they are Alabama or USC. They should be, but they aren't even close.

And I completely disagree with recruits being turned off because happy valley. that campus is great. recruiting has never been PSU's problem. They annually churn out top 15 recruiting classes. It's not often that PSU competes with SEC teams for recruits. So that is a pretty weak excuse

doesn't matter, PSU is irrelevant this year yet again. I like telling my buddies that they should invest in buying a condo in tampa or jacksonville so they don't have to pay for hotels during their annual trips to the outback or gator bowl.

cameron maybin is the latest in the long list of PSU first round busts. no school has more. We Are...Bust U

lot of things play into it. bottom line is there are better recruits in the south. and more prefer to play in warmer weather...hotter chicks are always a plus too :mrgreen:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/s ... id=5221661

regarding your friends...if you had friends who were alabama alums you could have given them the same kind of shit up until a few years ago when they were consistently losing at least 4-5 games a year. same deal with usc prior to 2002. they were mediocre for well over a decade before pete carroll came to town, as they are now again too. not gonna be on the top of mountain forever man.

every team is irrelevant if they have more than 1 or 2 losses under this stupid system that college football operates with anyway...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The Fixer wrote:
    2- when have you heard me talk about how great psu and the big 10 are? answer- you haven't. for the most part all i've talked about in this thread is how poorly they handled things going into this season. they grossly mismanaged their quarterback situation. it is not too often psu gets their hands on one of the top qb recruits in the country (and one who turned down miami to come there) and they let him walk to a division 1aa school or whatever they hell they call that now. dude's got a shot at getting drafted in the 3rd round and joepa said he'd prefer darryl clarke. stupid. with the big 10, all i've said is that it does not suck. which is correct.

wasn't accusing you of anything. I'm friends with a lot of PSU alums. They are annoying. They talk about that program like they are Alabama or USC. They should be, but they aren't even close.

doesn't matter, PSU is irrelevant this year yet again. I like telling my buddies that they should invest in buying a condo in tampa or jacksonville so they don't have to pay for hotels during their annual trips to the outback or gator bowl.

cameron maybin is the latest in the long list of PSU first round busts. no school has more. We Are...Bust U
    That's the SEC and the Pac-10. Only other conference regularly considered competitive is the Big 12. That leaves the Big 10 in the top 4 conferences. Probably 2nd on most 'experts' charts.

Well with THE OREGON F'N DUCKS (and the Cardinals) the Pac-10 looks pretty good.

And why do you hate PSU so much?
    #FHP
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    Did Penn State even come out of the locker room for the second half?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

yes. how else would osu have two pick 6's? :lol:

brutal...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Wisconsin_Ba_14385.gif

83/20..... WHOLLY COW!!!!cheerleading.gif
    mickeyrat wrote:

brutal...
    I was busy and didn't watch the whole game. looked like OSU was flat in the 1st half, then once they scored that TD in the third they got hungry for the ball, on both sides of the line. I can say though , that unless I'm at the game , I'll not be going down to campus in my car DURING the game again. Happened to be getting my latest tattoo down off of high street after the game started and was trying to leave just after the game ended. Never again.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    pandora wrote:
    Wisconsin_Ba_14385.gif

nice fonting! :mrgreen:

my utes suck. were completely overrated while beating the likes of UNLV. now, the BYU Holy War looks a little scary :?

I'm such a fraud, I wore my ohio state hat when I went out last night :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

brutal...
    I was busy and didn't watch the whole game. looked like OSU was flat in the 1st half, then once they scored that TD in the third they got hungry for the ball, on both sides of the line. I can say though , that unless I'm at the game , I'll not be going down to campus in my car DURING the game again. Happened to be getting my latest tattoo down off of high street after the game started and was trying to leave just after the game ended. Never again.

a pick 6 is a big a game changer as exists in sports. throw 2 and you have no shot.

psu wasn't going to win that game anyway though...it was only a matter of time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Wisconsin_Ba_14385.gif

my utes suck. were completely overrated while beating the likes of UNLV. now, the BYU Holy War looks a little scary :?

jeagles? comment please? :mrgreen:

mickeyrat wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Wisconsin_Ba_14385.gif

a back story is required there mick. i don't have enough info to comment
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Jeags, I believe the info is contained in his first sentence, since moving to utah its now " my utes" then he's always been an admitted Buckeyes fan.

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    pandora wrote:
    Wisconsin_Ba_14385.gif

Was there for it yesterday, AWESOME, even if it was against Indiana. Gotta get by Michigan and Northwestern and then hope MSU loses or MSU and OSU win out, then we get to go to Pasadena.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Jeags, I believe the info is contained in his first sentence, since moving to utah its now " my utes" then he's always been an admitted Buckeyes fan.

yeah i know....a lot plays into that though. how long has imalive lived there? did imalive attend osu? does he have family attending either school etc etc etc......the lines of college rooting interests fandom is a lot grayer than pro sports in my opinion mick
    chinese-happy.jpg

yeah i know....a lot plays into that though. how long has imalive lived there? did imalive attend osu? does he have family attending either school etc etc etc......the lines of college rooting interests fandom is a lot grayer than pro sports in my opinion mick
    grew up in ohio (just north of columbus).....attended OHIO U. (Harvard on the Hocking :mrgreen: )....had a love/hate with the bucks, growing up....got back on the bandwagon when Tressell took charge...welcome antidote to the cooper era. moved to utah 3 months ago...have 3 relatives who are alumni...solidly with the utes......until yesterday! :lol::lol:

I believe I can root for both....not like a guy I used to work with....said the raiders were "his team" with the broncos being his "backup team" :wtf: :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

grew up in ohio (just north of columbus).....attended OHIO U. (Harvard on the Hocking :mrgreen: )....had a love/hate with the bucks, growing up....got back on the bandwagon when Tressell took charge...welcome antidote to the cooper era. moved to utah 3 months ago...have 3 relatives who are alumni...solidly with the utes......until yesterday! :lol::lol:

I believe I can root for both....not like a guy I used to work with....said the raiders were "his team" with the broncos being his "backup team"
    :wtf: :roll:

that guy epitomizes the term, "fraud."
    chinese-happy.jpg
    dirty hits, pay for play, the BCS cartel :cry:

I love college football but, man, it's a dirty business.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    mickeyrat wrote:

they suck. another 4th place finish in an average conference. off to the Outback Bowl again!!
    pureoc wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Wisconsin_Ba_14385.gif

Was there for it yesterday, AWESOME, even if it was against Indiana. Gotta get by Michigan and Northwestern and then hope MSU loses or MSU and OSU win out, then we get to go to Pasadena.

I think the badgers are in trouble on saturday. Michigan blows, but I think they pull the upset
    The Fixer wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

they suck. another 4th place finish in an average conference. off to the Outback Bowl again!!
    hmm, 4 teams ranked in the top 25 in the BCS and AP? yeah sounds like an average conf to me. :?

imalive wrote:
    dirty hits, pay for play, the BCS cartel :cry:

I love college football but, man, it's a dirty business.

The SI cover story last week should be required reading. Great shit
    mickeyrat wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

hmm, 4 teams ranked in the top 25 in the BCS and AP? yeah sounds like an average conf to me. :?

those rankings are so important.
    The Fixer wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

those rankings are so important.
    and 5 in the coaches poll. if you count Nebraska too, its 5 BCS/AP and 6 in the Coaches poll. so really dude , whats your beef with the big ten?

mickeyrat wrote:

and 5 in the coaches poll. if you count Nebraska too, its 5 BCS/AP and 6 in the Coaches poll. so really dude , whats your beef with the big ten?

nebraska will bring some legitamacy to that shit conference. then psu will drop down to 5th place every year.

I'm just a big 10 hater. My wife and a bunch of my buddies went to PSU. I'm constantly hearing about how great PSU and the Big 10 are. People are delusional. It's Ohio St and a bunch of roadkill
    Also, the polls mean nothing dude...Iowa is ranked right? they just lost to fucking northwestern (though I do think iowa beats ohio st this week)
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    The Fixer wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Wisconsin_Ba_14385.gif

I think the badgers are in trouble on saturday. Michigan blows, but I think they pull the upset

Believe me I'm damn nervous about Saturday's game. Badgers D is nothing special so D Rob worries me. Hopefully our O controls the ball by the running game and keeps D Rob off the field.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Believe me I'm damn nervous about Saturday's game. Badgers D is nothing special so D Rob worries me. Hopefully our O controls the ball by the running game and keeps D Rob off the field.

I like to bet on college football. Michigan stinks, but that line is ridiculously low (wisconsin only giving 4). michigan's defense is pathetic...and wisconsin just put up 80 on indiana. You would think that this game would be a blowout. You know what that means....
    The Fixer wrote:
    Also, the polls mean nothing dude...Iowa is ranked right? they just lost to fucking northwestern (though I do think iowa beats ohio st this week)

everything means nothing until they go to a playoff system. college football is a joke.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

everything means nothing until they go to a playoff system. college football is a joke.

true. and it's still a million times better than the NFL
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

ha. you think the bowl system is better than the nfl playofs? wow.

a sport that determines it's national champion through the use of a complicated computer system is no better than the wiffle ball league i used to run in my parents back yard when i was 9. horrendous.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

ha. you think the bowl system is better than the nfl playofs? wow.

a sport that determines it's national champion through the use of a complicated computer system is no better than the wiffle ball league i used to run in my parents back yard when i was 9. horrendous.

all of that is horrible. the college football product is still better than the crap the NFL puts out on a weekly basis