*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Steve Mix, there is a name i havent heard in a while. Go Toledo Rockets
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    Steve Mix, there is a name i havent heard in a while. Go Toledo Rockets

he was their color guy for something like 20 years. he was great. for some reason they got rid of him before last year.

this team stinks. 0-4 now. just keep losing fellas...let's get that #1 pick
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    fixer....i think i know where you're headed with your steve mix/donyell marshal theory. it doesn't hold water though. bob salme replaced mix before they went to pinkney and then snow. salme knows his shit but he is no mayor. nobody is... and now jimmy lynam replaced donyel on post game. always liked lynam. his daughter has been looking better lately with longer hair too. ;)

despite the 8 turnovers, john wall is a beast.

rough one tonight...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    fixer....i think i know where you're headed with your steve mix/donyell marshal theory. it doesn't hold water though. bob salme replaced mix before they went to pinkney and then snow. salme knows his shit but he is no mayor. nobody is... and now jimmy lynam replaced donyel on post game. always liked lynam. his daughter has been looking better lately with longer hair too. ;)

rough one tonight...

Sweet. Another Dei Lynam convo. I'm down.

rough one tonight...

yeah...saw her on sports night last night. it's weird. she looked older in the face...yet somewhat hotter due to the hair. i can't quite explain it.
    chinese-happy.jpg

rough one tonight...

yeah...saw her on sports night last night. it's weird. she looked older in the face...yet somewhat hotter due to the hair. i can't quite explain it.

the only time the words dei lynam and hot should be used in the same sentence is if she is spotted holding a hot dog

rough one tonight...

not sure why they got rid of salmi either. or matt gukas.

look at the guy on with jim lynam. it's all about filling quotas. shame on you comcast
    The Fixer wrote:

rough one tonight...

not sure why they got rid of salmi either. or matt gukas.

look at the guy on with jim lynam. it's all about filling quotas. shame on you comcast

yeesh.

i dunno dude. while marshal harris is a bit of a dope, i can think of a bunch of white dudes on comcast who are equally dopey.

it's not about "filling quotas." it's about ratings. people feel comfortable watching someone they feel they can relate too. whether you like it or not, black people watch sports too...especially basketball :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Wiz really need to change their name. Fun game.

Oh shit. Well, that wasn't fun right there.

And Eric Snow is just atrocious. Another year of looking for a decent color commentator - and a playbyplay guy while they're at it.

Igg has to foul there.

I don't understand why they ever got rid of steve mix. I have a theory, but it's not appropriate to post here. You can attribute the donyell marshall disaster to the same theory.

the bullets fit DC much much better than the Wiz

I thought Steve Mix left because his wife got a job in Italy or something. Maybe that was just the given reason but I'm pretty sure he went overseas for at least a year when he was done with the Sixers.

Only watched about 10 minutes but Eric Snow is horrible. Bring someone in experienced, no one cares if they are good if the played for your team.

As for how long the end game is, I was watching Poker (yea sue me) and saw the ticker there were 17 seconds left and no lie 15 minutes later the ticker said 11 seconds - insane. Of course flipped it over to see Iguodala suck again. Someone please tell him to stop taking 3s. They need to trade him, can't win with him as your #1 star, not quite good enough. Good not great player.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Andre Miller
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    vertigo.

nice first win. nice game for the rook. take the night and run.

elton's actually looked surprisingly good thus far.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Spin, spin...spin the ball coach
    Spin, spin...spin the ball, spin the ball...
    Spin, spin...whoa...

hope he gets better
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Spin, spin...whoa...

hope he gets better

he's at a place called vertigo...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Spin, spin...whoa...

hope he gets better

he's at a place called vertigo...

Is that located north or south?
    first start for the rook....first double double. holiday with 19 and 8 assists. ladies and gentlemen: that's your back court for the next decade...hopefully :thumbup:

trade iguadala's ass now. they played well without him today......i wonder how long brand can keep this high level of play going...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    first start for the rook....first double double. holiday with 19 and 8 assists. ladies and gentlemen: that's your back court for the next decade...hopefully :thumbup:

trade iguadala's ass now. they played well without him today......i wonder how long brand can keep this high level of play going...

2 words...the knicks
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

2 words...the knicks

1 word...fraud.

:mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg

2 words...the knicks

1 word...fraud.

7-0 :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

2 words...the knicks

1 word...fraud.

yes. a team in a city 3,000 miles away from your own is 7-0. meanwhile the team in philadelphia beat the team in new york.
    chinese-happy.jpg

1 word...fraud.

yes. a team in a city 3,000 miles away from your own is 7-0. meanwhile the team in philadelphia beat the team in new york.

and i loved every minute of it thank you

cant you get it through your skull..i hate the knicks...beat them every game

and i loved every minute of it thank you

cant you get it through your skull..i hate the knicks...beat them every game

you deserted your city. i cannot enjoy the beating of the knickerbockers with you sir. it would go against my principles of fandom.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    That's not rumblings, that's my car running in your driveway, Iguodala. I'm willing to drive you to the airport or where ever to get you out of town....

http://www.the700level.com/2010/11/sixe ... .html#more
    That's not rumblings, that's my car running in your driveway, Iguodala. I'm willing to drive you to the airport or where ever to get you out of town....

http://www.the700level.com/2010/11/sixe ... .html#more

please keep your car running until mid february. beat it iguadala.

turner and holiday have looked pretty good starting together. apparently collins is going to start all 3 when iggy comes back friday...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    how come you guys hate igoudala so much?

the guy has had to take on a role beyond his skill set for the last few years but by what i can see ... he's a good team player ... he doesn't seem to be a dick ...

plays good d ... rebounds ... can run the floor ... his major weakness is obviously his jump shot and he can't hit FT's consistently ... but i would take him on my team anyday ... team first guys are hard to find ...
    polaris_x wrote:

the guy has had to take on a role beyond his skill set for the last few years but by what i can see ... he's a good team player ... he doesn't seem to be a dick ...

plays good d ... rebounds ... can run the floor ... his major weakness is obviously his jump shot and he can't hit FT's consistently ... but i would take him on my team anyday ... team first guys are hard to find ...

I don't hate the guy, but I'd be open to them trading him because his contract is horrible. almost as bad as ryan howard's, which is the worst contract in all of sports.

anyone still like the dalembert trade? hawes is a huge mangina and nocioni is a scrub. luckily they have him for 2 more years. what a fucking horrible trade.
    polaris_x wrote:

He certainly plays good d. But he's absolutely atrocious offensively is he's not driving to the hole. He has the worst jump shot in the history of basketball. I'm assuming you don't get to see him play every day. I would take him on any team where he's not supposed to be the go-to guy, which he thinks he his. Team first guy? He thinks he should be the guy with the ball in his hand with the game on the line, and I don't want him anywhere near it. He should be the third best player on a good team, at best second, but not looked upon to be the #1 guy. That's the problem. He's being treated as the scorer, the winner, and he's certainly neither of them.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    polaris_x wrote:

He certainly plays good d. But he's absolutely atrocious offensively is he's not driving to the hole. He has the worst jump shot in the history of basketball. I'm assuming you don't get to see him play every day. I would take him on any team where he's not supposed to be the go-to guy, which he thinks he his. Team first guy? He thinks he should be the guy with the ball in his hand with the game on the line, and I don't want him anywhere near it. He should be the third best player on a good team, at best second, but not looked upon to be the #1 guy. That's the problem. He's being treated as the scorer, the winner, and he's certainly neither of them.

and i know someone who works for the sixers tv and says he is an ahole of the highest magnitude.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

i've watched him over the years as we passed up on him to pick rafael araujo here ... :lol::lol:

i don't disagree that he doesn't have a good jump shot but the reality is that he was forced to be that go-to guy the last couple of years but having said that ... he averages like 14 shots a game the past two seasons and less this year ... that's not the number a me-first guy has ... definitely agree he needs to take it to the whole ... but dude averages 5+ assists in the last 4 years ... and he isn't even playing the point ... that's not the stat of a me-first guy ...

and despite his ugly shot ... his 3 pt shooting percentage is way better than someone like d. wade but no one would tell wade not to shoot the ball ...
    polaris_x wrote:

i've watched him over the years as we passed up on him to pick rafael araujo here ... :lol::lol:

i don't disagree that he doesn't have a good jump shot but the reality is that he was forced to be that go-to guy the last couple of years but having said that ... he averages like 14 shots a game the past two seasons and less this year ... that's not the number a me-first guy has ... definitely agree he needs to take it to the whole ... but dude averages 5+ assists in the last 4 years ... and he isn't even playing the point ... that's not the stat of a me-first guy ...

and despite his ugly shot ... his 3 pt shooting percentage is way better than someone like d. wade but no one would tell wade not to shoot the ball ...

iguadala ranked 125th out of 130 for 3pt fg% last year... d wade was 122nd.
    chinese-happy.jpg